Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Diallo pulls out and "returns" to Kentucky. Never got the 1st round guarantee.

Lame. I really wanted a Calipari meltdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

all mocks have okc drafting Rodions Kurucs I don't know if they have given up on guessing what Presti is going to do or if there is merit to it

He looks like NBA prospects against high school competition, which is a good thing. He's long and fluid enough that if he can shoot he should be able to do the little flicks and runners he prefers. He's a scorer baby. Always an if when confronted with NBA length and afleticism, of course

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Probably Magic posted:

Lame. I really wanted a Calipari meltdown.

I feel like he would have gotten Bamba too if Diallo had undeclared early. Then again, Cal has a stacked team with Green-Diallo-Knox-Washington-Richards

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ball to the Lakers I can feel it
https://twitter.com/Toucherandrich/status/867737143975739392

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dang! *snaps fingers*

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

PotatoJudge posted:

Caleb Swanigan staying in the draft, probably a 2nd round pick.

I wouldn't be mad if the Pacers took him there. He's a bit of a project, but might be nice off the bench.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Speak that poo poo into existence, Lavar.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I want Ball to drop to the Kings so bad.

OR better yet I want the Kings to trade up to 2 for Ball. Skal + 5 for 2 + a bad contract let's do this.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 25, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Paul Zuvella posted:

I want Ball to drop to the Kings so bad.

Lavar and Cowbell Kingdom would be the second most entertaining Lavar-fanbase interaction after Lavar and Philly.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

He looks like NBA prospects against high school competition, which is a good thing. He's long and fluid enough that if he can shoot he should be able to do the little flicks and runners he prefers. He's a scorer baby. Always an if when confronted with NBA length and afleticism, of course

hell i'm game

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I hope Lonzo goes to the Kings, plays really well and says all the right stuff about being part of the organization while his dad impotently rages in the background.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I've seen multiple kids with BBB sweatshirts and hoodies on. You guys are underestimating the meme potential of the Ball family among the youth of this generation

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Lockback posted:

I hope Lonzo goes to the Kings, plays really well and says all the right stuff about being part of the organization while his dad impotently rages in the background.

I don't think the raging part will be done in the background.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 20:06 on May 25, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

I try not to be too homerish but I see signs that he could be more valuable than a good roleplayer. But yeah, it's tough to tell with rookies. Especially raw ones. I really think being on a team like Boston helped him a lot more than it would have on a losing team as he gets to play without having the entire weight of the game on his shoulders. He'd probably get overwhelmed with a ton more playing time somewhere else

I'm not a Boston fan and I didn't see any other rookie play as well as he did this year. Wait that shouldn't be fully past tense

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

I think I see him a bunch for Knicks news. He's not Isola I guess :shrug:

Doltos posted:

I've seen multiple kids with BBB sweatshirts and hoodies on. You guys are underestimating the meme potential of the Ball family among the youth of this generation

The meme's longevity depends on his play tho'

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

I'm not a Boston fan and I didn't see any other rookie play as well as he did this year. Wait that shouldn't be fully past tense

He's questionable tonight with a dang hip pointer so you're probably right either way.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
dang

https://twitter.com/BrettPats/status/867137971883048960/photo/1

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

well that would've simplified the "Tank for Blank" rhyme schemes this is MONTHS LATE

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Skippin leg day though, can't jump with your arms Markelle

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Rockets doing their offseason fishing by working out Quinton Hooker :thunk:

Other good names they worked out: Tacko Fall, Paris Lee, JaJuan Johnson, Kavin Gilder-Tilbury, Kennedy Meeks.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

Skippin leg day though, can't jump with your arms Markelle

Ehh his calves are the right shape, just constricted by compression shorts. I'm not too scared. He doesn't look like a Covington style bird to me. I hope

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 25, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This isn't football his legs are more than fine.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

He is on a lot of steroids

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

They worked for Lebron and Jordan so I'm happy to see my potential future point guard pumped full of juice

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
my work is done I have found the most thunderiest prospect in this draft and who I have my heart set on: Devin Robinson from Florida. I can rest easy now

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lockback posted:

https://twitter.com/975TheFanatic/status/867897407018860544

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Just lol if it's because Magic called him up and said we're choosing Jackson.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In and draft a man that shoots like that

It's unnatural

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Metapod posted:

my work is done I have found the most thunderiest prospect in this draft and who I have my heart set on: Devin Robinson from Florida. I can rest easy now

You'll like him and his itty bitty shorts

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Yeah maybe that's a misleading photo but he looks like he's put on a ridiculous amount of weight. That first overall money will buy a nice cycle I guess

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

maybe when someone told him boston had the first pick he thought it was david boston

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

Pick cancelled as Lebron James never took geometry and doesn't know what a triangle is. Sorry boys.

this has been makin me quietly angry for days now

this was our best shot...

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

maybe when someone told him boston had the first pick he thought it was david boston

maybe he thought it was a reference to the jumbo jet Bostan Flight A1-420 which explodes with the lead character aboard in Salman Rushdie's The Satanic Verses

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah maybe that's a misleading photo but he looks like he's put on a ridiculous amount of weight. That first overall money will buy a nice cycle I guess

And those are the muscles that will respond with major hypertrophy to what seems to be the normal athlete cycle and intense training. Calves take time to grow.

french toast
Jul 21, 2001
I EAT 3 CANADIAN CHILDREN EACH DAY!

DeimosRising posted:

It's the angle he's standing at. Go look at photos of bodybuilders in candid shots, and the guy at end will always be standing at that angle dwarfing everyone in the picture while the person in the middle straight on looks smallest.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

french toast posted:

It's the angle he's standing at. Go look at photos of bodybuilders in candid shots, and the guy at end will always be standing at that angle dwarfing everyone in the picture while the person in the middle straight on looks smallest.

not gonna do that but ok 👌

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just lol if you can't put on bicept and shoulder mass in a second but spend 30 years finding your obliques

kiimo fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 26, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/867802487960371200

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Metapod posted:

What happens when the Thunder don't draft him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

pubic works project posted:

What happens when the Thunder don't draft him?

I will shrug then look up mixtapes for the actual selection

• Locked thread