Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Grapplejack posted:

They made it so blatant that now I have to hear about how this game is anti-american and MAGA god bless trump blah blah or how it's finally game developers stepping up to take down THE FASCIST TRUMPREICH / lol what if we just had a conversation with them guys???

It's rear end.

Do you get this pissy about Wolfenstein games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

raditts posted:

Do you get this pissy about Wolfenstein games

Are you retarded? Did you not read my post about how the setting and topic is specifically politically charged re: USPOL in the current political climate? No one is going to be insufferable about a game where you shoot nazis and sometimes robot nazis, everyone is going to be insufferable about a game set in "republican country". Nice try with that sick burn though

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So far the only person being insufferable about the new Far Cry is you, ironically enough.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Are you retarded? Did you not read my post about how the setting and topic is specifically politically charged re: USPOL in the current political climate? No one is going to be insufferable about a game where you shoot nazis and sometimes robot nazis, everyone is going to be insufferable about a game set in "republican country". Nice try with that sick burn though

If you don't think Nazis area politically-charged concept in modern America please keep in mind that people are genuinely upset about Captain America being a secret Nazi and we are having actual for-real conversations about how justifiable it is to punch Neo-Nazis in the face.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Grapplejack posted:

Eh, I'd say the game's been in development for at least three years and while I wouldn't put it past them to add some *topical* references, it's most likely going to focus on the cult/sovcit angle. My guess is that the militia will be portrayed as a bunch of crazy out-of-staters and you'll be working with the locals--including a certain Hurk--to shoot/stab them out of a condensed, set-piece version of Montana.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, the game should be fun, and it's an interesting setting and hook for the story, it's just unfortunate timing. I wonder what they're going to do for animals, since the locale limits exotic animals. Maybe mountain lions?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's going to be over the top and without subtlety because it's Ubisoft, but there is nothing wrong with setting a game within a current political climate. Like, believing that people who have opinions about the current political climate are "insufferable," is, in fact, a political position in and of itself.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The state animal is a Grizzly

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ubisoft released Watch_Dogs 2 which was basically Current Events: The Game if you want some idea of how they'll probably approach it. Different teams but I fully expect to be fighting the Bumby Clan who talk about their favorite presidential candidate Ronald Rump.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

wait nintendo is participating in e3 again?

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0kaYs8SbMs

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Looper posted:

is barkeley 2 officially never coming out or is there still hope

Just last night pixel hero FrankieSmileShow had a stream where he drew the title screen. The game's nearing completion.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Just last night pixel hero FrankieSmileShow had a stream where he drew the title screen. The game's nearing completion.

:eyepop:

oh god, my seven year old kickstarter backing will finally pay off...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

people are genuinely upset about Captain America being a secret Nazi

Holy moly I just looked this up because I had no idea what it meant and that is wild!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
NOT WHAT I WAS AFTER, BUT IT'LL DO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I seriously thought the protag of Vanquish was Jetstream Sam until he started speaking

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

VideoGames posted:

Holy moly I just looked this up because I had no idea what it meant and that is wild!

The writer has a failed political career as a "gently caress the poor" conservative. It's an interesting coincidence!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

wait nintendo is participating in e3 again?

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0kaYs8SbMs

Nintendo has always participated in E3, they just stopped having large blowout press conferences in lieu of prerecorded Nintendo Directs and live Treehouses where they just play whatever games they've got available in their booth. They actually have one of the more consistently quality and focused showings every year now.

mutata fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 25, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
vanquish is over the top and goofy in the best possible way and i loving love it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mutata posted:

Nintendo has always participated in E3, they just stopped having large blowout press conferences in lieu of prerecorded Nintendo Directs and Treehouses where they just play whatever games they've got available in their booth. They actually have one of the more consistently quality and focused showings every year now.

watching the Mario Maker level where that guy jumped into a lakitu cloud in a kuribo shoe or whatever was definitely the best part of E3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the angry gruff marine commander in vanquish occasionally pops out a flask of whiskey and says "whiskey a-go-go, baby" why is this the greatest game ever made

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

the angry gruff marine commander in vanquish occasionally pops out a flask of whiskey and says "whiskey a-go-go, baby" why is this the greatest game ever made

Platinum is good and at their best when they go all in with incredibly cheesy and over the top poo poo.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
hmmm OK I guess I'm not getting the True Ending or whatever in Persona 4 as I'm not going to replay the game immediately I don't have that much time; Persona 4 are you crazy or something that is too much

maybe someday... someday.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

hmmm OK I guess I'm not getting the True Ending or whatever in Persona 4 as I'm not going to replay the game immediately I don't have that much time; Persona 4 are you crazy or something that is too much

maybe someday... someday.

You don't have to replay the game for the true ending.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Did you overwrite all your saves? The True Ending is just based on a decision you make on the last day

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Colonel posted:

He has the best line in the game too Stay frosty. I want you ready to shoot if you see so much as a loving roomba

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did you overwrite all your saves? The True Ending is just based on a decision you make on the last day

Every smt/persona game has a late game choice that is just like "click here to lose"

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You don't have to replay anything, unless you deleted or saved over your old save or something. Though it depends on what "true" ending you mean...

1). Answering all the questions correctly in December; there's a logic to what you should say but I will fully admit it's a bit obtuse. But if you fail you'll go to credits with a clearly bad ending so it should be kind of obvious you were missing something.

2). Or going back to Junes in March even though the game makes it sound like you're all done. Easy to miss but also super simple, once you head back you're on that path for good.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm not to that point- I thought you had to like have all the S.Links or whatever maxed though? Must be thinking of something else

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you only need one s. link maxed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

I like how there's a part where your handler lady is like Traditional Weapons won't do poo poo against armor of that magnitude!! and the answer is Slo-Mo traditional gunfire

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/pancakeparadox/status/867816237384040448

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Monkey Fracas posted:

Yeah I'm not to that point- I thought you had to like have all the S.Links or whatever maxed though? Must be thinking of something else
In Golden (which you aren't playing IIRC), you get a bonus dungeon and special epilogue if you max out Marie. You otherwise still have access to the main story dungeons to finish out the story in that case.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Colonel posted:

you only need one s. link maxed

And there's one that automatically maxes as you progress, so you're good to go.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rime turned out good says reviews. Gonna wait til is like 5 bux though cause its 5 hrs long and described as very easy

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I managed to get to sleep

I wish I hadn't :( Now I feel even worse than before.

How's everyone doing today

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I caught a cold and signed up for best buy's gamer club thing that's similar to amazon prime's 20% off preorders and pre-ordered spla2n

about to pull the trigger on ff12 zodiac age

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

I managed to get to sleep

I wish I hadn't :( Now I feel even worse than before.

How's everyone doing today

does not compute

you must've not slept enough

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

FirstAidKite posted:

A friend got me some early birthday presents, yay. They're the board games Weinhandler: Wine Cellar Sellers and Carcassonne. I'm excited to try them out (though the former is at minimum 3 players to play and I only have KCB with me at the moment so that'll have to wait until we can set up a game night with our friend or something)

Carcassonne is great, and the way it works means they can make lots of little expansions you can get cheaply to add more fun mechanics to your game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

does not compute

you must've not slept enough

I wish.

I fell asleep around 5 or 6 and woke up at 3, occasionally waking up in between thrashing about and crying. I was having one of the worst nightmares I've had in a while, ugh. This poo poo's annoying as gently caress because all I wanna do is to be able to get some rest but then I go to sleep and have horrid nightmares and I wake up just as tired as before.

• Locked thread