Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

John Romero posted:

ill buy a switch if you can gently caress the peach rabbid

The Switch really is the new Vita!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

im the gay

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
This is from several pages ago but that discord invite isn't working

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

RAMZPAUL kill your Christians

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Sold

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

There's not enough Confederate flags or petulant bumper stickers on the back of Ford F150s, 0/10.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just in case you might have had even the slightest hope, no Beyond Good and Evil 2 isn't at E3.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I bet the game ends with the player character being shot dead by the police as they are arrested while the antagonists being acquitted of all charges because that's how the legal system works in the US.

Policenaut posted:

Just in case you might have had even the slightest hope, no Beyond Good and Evil 2 isn't at E3.

The trouble with Beyond Good and Evil is if they made it similar to the first one, they can't do what they always do with their trailers and zoom out from the player to reveal a map filled with no less than twenty thousand icons. It's just zoom out and reveal a map of an unique world with flying cars and talking biped animals. That's just unacceptable to them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Policenaut posted:

:negative:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jimbot posted:

The trouble with Beyond Good and Evil is if they made it similar to the first one, they can't do what they always do with their trailers and zoom out from the player to reveal a map filled with no less than twenty thousand icons. It's just zoom out and reveal a map of an unique world with flying cars and talking biped animals. That's just unacceptable to them.

Well, except this time you can kill all the talking biped animals and turn their skin into bullet wallets.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That stuff is on its way out, thank goodness. But I see it being replaced by Battle Royale-style games. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds shows that there's a market for those kind of games and I think we're going to be seeing a lot more of those pop-up. It's only a matter of time before a big Publisher jumps on that bandwagon. Seems like a perfect fit for Ubisoft. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a multiplayer mode for a Far Cry game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jimbot posted:

That stuff is on its way out, thank goodness. But I see it being replaced by Battle Royale-style games. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds shows that there's a market for those kind of games and I think we're going to be seeing a lot more of those pop-up. It's only a matter of time before a big Publisher jumps on that bandwagon. Seems like a perfect fit for Ubisoft. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a multiplayer mode for a Far Cry game.

Hard to have 100 players on a p2p connection when ubi goes cheap

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

Didn't they already do something similar with The Divison's survival mode? Not particularly well, mind you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Hard to show off a game that doesn't exist

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cross postin for potential Animal Crossing on Switch news

Policenaut posted:

For your hilariously unlikely E3 leak toss-up, Boy Scouts of America may or may not have leaked that Animal Crossing is coming to Switch.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Cross postin for potential Animal Crossing on Switch news

Looks like they were basing that on nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWn23V0FM5Y

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lakbay posted:

This is from several pages ago but that discord invite isn't working

https://discord.gg/tkJkP2D

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

gotta love the alt right assfucks and liberal dipshits(yeah they are crying about how the game wont adress the real issues and will be mindless violence something something) are already bitching about this game.

the far cry seires is always good/decent, will be fun shooting trumpists.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's ubisoft so they'll probably put the "so much for the tolerant left" meme in the game, and in the trailer, and then aisha tyler will say "Nice. Epic meme" and then the Just Dancers come out

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
tSo do the weird dancing/interactive magic storybook games ever perform well? I've watched E3 for about 4 years now and that seems to be a constant thing. On one hand I think maybe E3 is advertising these games so they sell better, but on the other, I don't think people who buy Just Dance 9 watch E3.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

buglord posted:

I don't think people who buy Just Dance 9 watch E3.

A) yes I do
B) That side of things is because standard journalists cover these events and so you'll get pieces in the news for the general public and you shoot for spreading big announcements with "and for you parents who absolutely don't ever let your kids have violent stuff" the rest is written up.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Policenaut posted:

I doubt that game is coming out. Ubisoft will soon be a division of Vivendeni Entertainment who is going to scrape anything that doesn't make the big bucks. Best hope is that many years from now the franchise gets a total reboot but Ancell wont be involved.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
"Mmmmm yes surely this gigantic annualized investment instrument (I.e. All loving AAA games) with a price tag in the 10s of millions shall begin many an ~important cultural conversation~ at the interoffice Vox Media/Ghost of Gawker luncheons. As they go, so goes the entire industry, or so we keep telling ourselves! E3 is just another opportunity to affect change!"

> GTA 5 sells over 85 million copies because most normal people like that games are violent power fantasies for blowing off steam after a long day of contributing poo poo to society.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Quest For Glory II posted:

it's ubisoft so they'll probably put the "so much for the tolerant left" meme in the game, and in the trailer, and then aisha tyler will say "Nice. Epic meme" and then the Just Dancers come out

*footage of a montana hick getting blasted by the protagonist* #girlwood

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Can't wait to see the heartbreaking ending choice you have to make in the latest installment of the epic Ubisoft franchise Far Cry. :eyepop:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also Nintendo (More specifically Capcom) pretty much just won E3 by announcing Monster Hunter Double Cross is coming to the Switch, so it might make an appearance on the floor.

Should be some more info later todayish as they're doing a live stream.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Can't wait to see the heartbreaking ending choice you have to make in the latest installment of the epic Ubisoft franchise Far Cry. :eyepop:

Press X to [Moral Choice]

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Green Planet: Praise Jesus
Red Planet: Elnarge Satan
Blue Planet: Suck off Dawkins

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Talkc posted:

*footage of a montana hick getting blasted by the protagonist* #girlwood

Make the protagonist Kimmy Schmidt. Irrepressibly upbeat about killing her kidnappers.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

marshmallow creep posted:

Make the protagonist Kimmy Schmidt. Irrepressibly upbeat about killing her kidnappers.

I would unironically love to play a game where you run around comedic realism New York as a super strong optimist.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I would unironically love to play a game where you run around comedic realism New York as a super strong optimist.

That's... kind of Super Mario Odyssey, though.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Over the course of the game you get two dog companions and at the end you have to choose which one dies.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Gorgolflox posted:

Over the course of the game you get two dog companions and at the end you have to choose which one dies.

gently caress THIS!!!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Far Cry 5's debut trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdaoe4hbMso

News says that the main character is a created one this time around.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Policenaut posted:

News says that the main character is a created one this time around.
I assume this means they've added third-person cut scenes or Fallout 4 style dialogue so you actually see yourself, otherwise what's the point?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

So at least in my head I know I'm playing a sassy black chick shooting rednecks

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm going to play as Obama and it'll be very cathartic

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'll be choosing the Anita Sarkeesian preset.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

J-Spot posted:

I assume this means they've added third-person cut scenes or Fallout 4 style dialogue so you actually see yourself, otherwise what's the point?

Extremely customizable forearms/fingerless gloves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I can't wait to gun down Neo-Nazis as Bernie Sanders

• Locked thread