Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Roth posted:

Didn't know that Scott Lobdell had so many accounts on SA.

I doubt any of us are as lovely as Scott Lobdell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

So as the weekend approaches let's start thinking about breaking up the Goon Guilds and separating them into more appropriate categories. While Goon Squad seems to be mostly focused on guild stuff, we have a guy that wants to play goons, and no one takes him up on the offer (I'm bad, wouldn't be much fun for anyone). We also didn't meet the daily challenge of 200 ranked games. So with the culling Monday we should start shifting members around in to make sure everyone is getting what they want out of the goon guilds.

There's 4 goon guilds but I can only think of three categories to put them in:

1. Guild multiverse focus
2. Multiplayer focus
3. Casuals(lol), can only play every few days

If you think you're in the wrong guild or if you're a guild leader and you want to take up one of these focuses, speak up and we can probably get people moved around before Tuesday morning. I'll go ahead and nominate Goon Squad as the multiverse focus, we certainly don't seem multiplayer focused.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Grem posted:

So as the weekend approaches let's start thinking about breaking up the Goon Guilds and separating them into more appropriate categories. While Goon Squad seems to be mostly focused on guild stuff, we have a guy that wants to play goons, and no one takes him up on the offer (I'm bad, wouldn't be much fun for anyone). We also didn't meet the daily challenge of 200 ranked games. So with the culling Monday we should start shifting members around in to make sure everyone is getting what they want out of the goon guilds.

There's 4 goon guilds but I can only think of three categories to put them in:

1. Guild multiverse focus
2. Multiplayer focus
3. Casuals(lol), can only play every few days

If you think you're in the wrong guild or if you're a guild leader and you want to take up one of these focuses, speak up and we can probably get people moved around before Tuesday morning. I'll go ahead and nominate Goon Squad as the multiverse focus, we certainly don't seem multiplayer focused.

I can't speak for everyone in Goon Lanterns, but we seem to be doing pretty solid with the Guild Multiverse stuff. I've been distracted with other games so I haven't really dove into ranked yet, but I think you can pretty much mark us down as Guild Multiverse.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So do I still need source crystals to unlock premier skins like Reverse Flash even if I bought the Ultimate Edition? Amazon only sent me a download code for Darkseid.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pubic works project posted:

So do I still need source crystals to unlock premier skins like Reverse Flash even if I bought the Ultimate Edition? Amazon only sent me a download code for Darkseid.

you should have gotten a code inside the box that unlocks the DLC/Skins

Meridian posted:

I can't speak for everyone in Goon Lanterns, but we seem to be doing pretty solid with the Guild Multiverse stuff. I've been distracted with other games so I haven't really dove into ranked yet, but I think you can pretty much mark us down as Guild Multiverse.

yeah I think we already even took down the boss, Goon Lantern group is def focused on Multiverse stuff right now

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Is it that we aren't multiplayer focuses in Goon Squad, or just people weren't active? We still have a ton of multiverse missions not completed this week. People did the boss and peaced out

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Who leads Goon Lanterns? We'll just get together, count up the people who show up in the rankings of each mission, and consolidate them. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

So whats the deal with red hood anyway. I know the basics of the story ex robin and now hes basically batman-punisher? People seem gaga for him and is upsetting my need for all the attention to be on true best dlc character Sub-Zero.

*ed*

sub zero hypeeeeee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKAtUeWCfrE

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 20:44 on May 25, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

So whats the deal with red hood anyway. I know the basics of the story ex robin and now hes basically batman-punisher? People seem gaga for him and is upsetting my need for all the attention to be on true best dlc character Sub-Zero.

He is Robin who became an anti-hero and uses guns and totally owns everyone!!!

He's basically Shadow the Hedgehog.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

He's basically Shadow the Hedgehog.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sub Zero might rule hard like Scorpion did last time around, but probably (in traditional sub-zero fashion) he is going to completely suck poo poo.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

Sub Zero might rule hard like Scorpion did last time around, but probably (in traditional sub-zero fashion) he is going to completely suck poo poo.

All he needs is clone and he's golden don't care if hes bottom tier.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

We already have an ice character. I would rather have the opportunity to punch Superman in the dick

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I notice sometimes in discussion that people will say something like, your opponent can punish you for this on reaction with a f3MB. They say this about any generic opponent. I understand the notation but does this mean there are further "standard" attack types than just light, medium, heavy? Like, does every character have a similar level of baseline utility in their f3MB, where it hits in a certain way or mechanically works the same across all characters? Bad wording I know but hopefully someone can parse what I'm getting at

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the DC character Ice would have been more interesting than Sub-Zero

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
In a shocking twist Sub-Zero is actually the Arkham Knight

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
In an even more shocking twist Sub-Zero is Johnny Cage, who plays the Arkham Knight in his new movie: Arkham Knight vs Booster Gold.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

DLC Inc posted:

the DC character Ice would have been more interesting than Sub-Zero

Nothing is more interesting than Sub-Zero.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sub Zero's intro is the wonder twin turning into a puddle of water, and then it freezes over and Sub Zero rises out of it very confused

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Grid's intro quotes are so cheesy and flat, he makes playing as Cyborg tolerable

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

We already have an ice character. I would rather have the opportunity to punch Superman in the dick

Crouching boxing glove arrow.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Grid's intro quotes are so cheesy and flat, he makes playing as Cyborg tolerable

Grid hit a combo of some sort and quipped "Have a nice day." all dead pan.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Jimmy Hats posted:

i actually mained sub zero in the last MK game, he's good.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

big cummers ONLY posted:

I notice sometimes in discussion that people will say something like, your opponent can punish you for this on reaction with a f3MB. They say this about any generic opponent. I understand the notation but does this mean there are further "standard" attack types than just light, medium, heavy? Like, does every character have a similar level of baseline utility in their f3MB, where it hits in a certain way or mechanically works the same across all characters? Bad wording I know but hopefully someone can parse what I'm getting at

Yes, for every character F3 is always an overhead with ground bounce that gets 1 hit of armor when you MB it, B3 is always a wall bounce with armor if you meter burn it.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

big cummers ONLY posted:

There are some unique properties that every characters's b3 and f3 share. B3 is a wallbounce and f3 is a groundbounce, they can also be meterburned for armor and canceled into for 2 bars. Generally these are also long range, plus on block, and f3 usually hits overhead. There are other similarities between normals across the cast:
-d1 is almost always a character's fastest normal, but is usually difficult to combo off of
-d2 is always an uppercut and is usually good for anti-airing
-d3 is always a low attack that knocks down
-most of the cast has a 11 string that hits high-mid, usually a fast combo starter
-j3 always knocks down

edited for "facts", gaaaaawd

Fenn the Fool! fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 25, 2017

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Looks like I'll be in low tier hell for the time being, because I like Swamp Thing the most out of all the cast. BnB with a 1-frame link will just never be viable online, and not having a single move with a non-glacial startup sucks. But then again LOG

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Fenn the Fool! posted:

There are some unique properties that every characters's b3 and f3 share. B3 is a wallbounce and f3 is a groundbounce, they can also be meterburned for armor and canceled into for 2 bars. Generally these are also long range, plus on block, and f3 usually hits overhead. There are other similarities between normals across the cast:
-d1 is always a character's fastest normal, but is usually difficult to combo off of
-11 is always a string that hits high-mid, usually a fast combo starter
-j2 is always able to hit crossup
-j3 always knocks down

-d2 can cancel and connect to just about every super in the game depending on the timing (early for most, later for someone like Superman) if you need to land a super in a hurry. It can also be cancelled into anti-air specials to tack on a little extra damage.

-not everyone has a 1,1 string

-Not everyone has a crossup and many of the characters who do have it as j3

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Fenn the Fool! posted:

-d1 is always a character's fastest normal, but is usually difficult to combo off of
-11 is always a string that hits high-mid, usually a fast combo starter
-j2 is always able to hit crossup
-j3 always knocks down

Fyi d1 is not always a characters fastest normal. There are quite a few characters like harley or black adam where their stand 1 is their fastest normal. j2 crossing up is also character dependent, swamp things for example can never hit crossup.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

DLC Inc posted:

you should have gotten a code inside the box that unlocks the DLC/Skins

yeah I think we already even took down the boss, Goon Lantern group is def focused on Multiverse stuff right now

UGH! I'm a big loving dumbass...!

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Well I'll be damned, only 24/29 characters have 11 strings.

I'm pretty sure Swampy can crossup with j1, I read that somewhere, but I haven't tried it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jimmy Hats posted:

In an even more shocking twist Sub-Zero is Johnny Cage, who plays the Arkham Knight in his new movie: Arkham Knight vs Booster Gold.

I'd prefer Johnny over Subby or Raiden. Game needs a guy who makes dad jokes to Darkseid before punching him in the dick.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Well I'll be damned, only 24/29 characters have 11 strings.

I'm pretty sure Swampy can crossup with j1, I read that somewhere, but I haven't tried it.

Yep j1 is his crossup. Don't expect to hit too many people with it though he has dhalsim style jump(takes forever).

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Anyone have any tips for hitting a d2 after a bloodnado with Atrocitus? I feel like half the time they just drop out before the bloodnado recovery ends.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's stupid you get no xp for losing. Atleast give a pity 10

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

It's stupid you get no xp for losing. Atleast give a pity 10

You do tho?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Anyone have any tips for hitting a d2 after a bloodnado with Atrocitus? I feel like half the time they just drop out before the bloodnado recovery ends.

Well remember that raw non-ex bloodnado you get no combo at all unless its off a juggle like from stand 22. That said its kinda a speed thing and there's no real trick other than practice it and get the rhythm of it sadly.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not in ranked.

I saw the Ali do a move with cat women where she reincarnated after I killed her. Anyone have any idea how to do it

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

Not in ranked.

I saw the Ali do a move with cat women where she reincarnated after I killed her. Anyone have any idea how to do it

I believe that it's just a thing that happens if her trait meter is full when she loses all of her health.

edit: I'm just guessing, it could easily be an equipable ability.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Bad news everyone.

https://mic.com/articles/177759/injustice-2-tier-list-rankings-why-do-the-worst-characters-skew-female#.YwtBxjQf5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
What a crock of poo poo, Harley, WW and Black Canary rock. Gotta get that outraged web traffic to pay the bills though :allears:

• Locked thread