Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Oh yes, please nerf some of the most useful stuff in PvE to balance the tacked on PvP :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

KingShiro posted:

Oh yes, please nerf some of the most useful stuff in PvE to balance the tacked on PvP :bravo:

I think you criticism is misplaced when based on the patch notes there's a clear distinction with PVP and PVE updates

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

WaltherFeng posted:

I think you criticism is misplaced when based on the patch notes there's a clear distinction with PVP and PVE updates

how dare you expect someone to research things before they blindly complain about something. shame on you

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

KingShiro posted:

Yeah I mean, it's hard to take complaints like this seriously when it's the one game where they didn't do it.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Day two, still having a good time with the odachi. I can definitely tell that a couple of the odachi moves have been sped up, like the second heavy high attack.

Evil spiderish chick took me a couple tries, though the spirit weapon thing was good for over half killing her. Right now I am being beaten up by a lightning puppy. I haven't figured him out yet, except that those lightning strikes REALLY hurt. So far he has killed me thrice.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
She was a bat. You'll know the spiderish chick when you see her...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Spider lady has a massive butt. :buddy:

e: Full 1.10 patch notes.

Biggest change to thrown weapons, which I had a feeling was happening but didn't confirm, is the wider spread of storm shuriken - you need to be much, much closer to hit with all three and they spread out a lot quicker over any distance. Damage has been lowered but if you're a ninjitsu build in the first place you probably won't notice any difference.

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 25, 2017

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
I am liking these patch notes. Whens the next expansion?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Lotta good stuff in that patch especially the Odachi's reach on twin moons since you will always whiff it in a full combo and faster lumber chops. Also thank gently caress your stuff refreshes when a host visits a shrine now.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Marogareh posted:

Lotta good stuff in that patch especially the Odachi's reach on twin moons since you will always whiff it in a full combo and faster lumber chops. Also thank gently caress your stuff refreshes when a host visits a shrine now.

Holy poo poo that makes coop good again. The Demon King Reborn was brutal as a visitor before.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I kinda liked having to juggle my resources as a Visitor. Thought that was intentional. :shobon:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

Spider lady has a massive butt. :buddy:

e: Full 1.10 patch notes.

Biggest change to thrown weapons, which I had a feeling was happening but didn't confirm, is the wider spread of storm shuriken - you need to be much, much closer to hit with all three and they spread out a lot quicker over any distance. Damage has been lowered but if you're a ninjitsu build in the first place you probably won't notice any difference.

Spiderboss: Smack butt to win.

Oh no they're nerfing my Windstorm :argh: Looks like spear's low quick combo got an all around buff, nice.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Right now I am being beaten up by a lightning puppy. I haven't figured him out yet, except that those lightning strikes REALLY hurt. So far he has killed me thrice.

You'll fight a lot of honor duels throughout the game, for the most part they're pretty great. One nice thing about human enemies is that you can parry them. I don't know where parrys live in the axe/odachi skill tree but this is a good time to learn :getin:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

I kinda liked having to juggle my resources as a Visitor. Thought that was intentional. :shobon:

I mean, it depends on the mission. There are 7 boss fights in Demon King Reborne (revealed?). If you're a magic build... you're just sol.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Lightning puppy finally down. Seriously took me about twenty tries, and was my fist real roadblock. Maybe I am just terrible. I feel like I know his patterns at this point though. The bosses up to that point never took me more than one or two attempts. The human enemy sorcerer shapeshifter guy at the end of that zone went down first try like a chump. Easy to burn out his ki with the odachi.

Still wearing that warrior of the west set that everybody seems to be wearing at this point. Need more stamina for real heavy armor.

I have noticed that I rarely see the Odachi on the corpse summon fight things. I think I've seen it once. Axes and spears are rare, but more common than Odachi. It is mostly dual swords, swords, and kusarigama.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Filthy Monkey posted:

Lightning puppy finally down. Seriously took me about twenty tries, and was my fist real roadblock. Maybe I am just terrible. I feel like I know his patterns at this point though. The bosses up to that point never took me more than one or two attempts. The human enemy sorcerer shapeshifter guy at the end of that zone went down first try like a chump. Easy to burn out his ki with the odachi.

Still wearing that warrior of the west set that everybody seems to be wearing at this point. Need more stamina for real heavy armor.

I have noticed that I rarely see the Odachi on the corpse summon fight things. I think I've seen it once. Axes and spears are rare, but more common than Odachi. It is mostly dual swords, swords, and kusarigama.

Odachi is dlc only so lots of people didn't have it when going through the beginning.

Lightning dog is definitely one of the harder ones. His patterns are simple in theory but the execution is tough.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

poptart_fairy posted:

I've used Death to Bandits on Way of the Strong - quite a few people dump revenants there with specific gear, and some sort of game quirk has kept the armour affixes intact.

Nice, thanks!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Holy balls Maria was an intense fight. Very fun. Took me a couple dozen tries, and I was out of Elixer when I managed to beat her.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

My experience with Maria is that she either destroys me in her opening salvo or she simply never gets a chance to do anything the entire fight outside of her opening corps-a-corps and the super sayian power up. I'm not sure if it's weapon choice or what but even on Way of the Demon that fight was relatively uneventful for me.

Date, on the other hand :pcgaming:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I did not have a good time with Maria. Date probably took longer (the sub mission rematch did for sure) but I never got as frustrated and his fight felt more fair. When she turns on infinite living weapon and stamina AND poise AND you can no longer parry her, AAAAND even if you manage to knock her out of it she just stands up and immediately goes :ssj: again, I call bullshit.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That's exactly why her Demon version was awful. She starts with all those things without so much as a quick buff sequence, and you're slammed into a tiny area where her attacks cover the entire room. It's terrible design.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I got Maria after three tried but centipede guy made me finish most of Strong before I attempted him. Dragon Date was pretty difficult too but sloth still works pretty well.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Well, I thought I was doing pretty well against the giant slime throwing ships at me. "This is pretty easy!", I was telling myself.

Then I got laser beamed for all of my health.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I hate that boss. It's one of my least favorite kind of designs, where the actual fight is mind-numbingly simple but they just give the boss a shitload of health and damage. Lighting your sword on the torches without being interrupted is a complete crapshoot, and sometimes he decides to be a huge dick and open the fight with the one-shot laser immediately

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
That boss is either bugged or very badly designed - the laser is supposed to have a very obvious tell. There's a windup animation complete with the classic black-and-white "I'm charging my grab move" cloud around it - but occasionally after a boat spit, it'll simply leave it's mouth open and immediately go into the laser. No windup, no super-move particles. Basically, consider the time after every boat-spit extra dangerous because it could just do an instant laser.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Filthy Monkey posted:

Well, I thought I was doing pretty well against the giant slime throwing ships at me. "This is pretty easy!", I was telling myself.

Then I got laser beamed for all of my health.

That and just falling through the holes in the arena makes UmiBozu one of my least favorite bosses in the game. His stage is a pain as well, I spend twice as long creeping around every corner so I don't jump down the hole that inadvertently waits for my unobservant rear end. On the bright side it pretty much only gets better from there :D

Also he's weak as hell to fire so load up on Fire talismands and those goofy flamethrower masks and burn his rear end down :flame:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Always be smashing dodge as you enter uni bozus house and hug the far rail so you don't fall in. Bring fire talismans for easy times.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

They buffed glory rewards for coop significantly. Makes it a lot easier to get those disguises

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Augus posted:

Lighting your sword on the torches without being interrupted is a complete crapshoot, and sometimes he decides to be a huge dick and open the fight with the one-shot laser immediately

Just wait until he's changing sides for the fire usage and you'll never be interrupted.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Way of the Demon is pretty hard but you earn crazy amirita and glory if you can outsmart these level 400 revenets.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
On the bright side going back to Umi-Bozu and killing him before he ducks into the water for the first time is great. He just sort of...slumps down and looks at you with his big ol' eyes. :allears:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah umi is easily the worst boss in the game.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
I haven't been trying for crusher titles but I got one for him on way of the demon because any of his attacks would kill me in a single hit. Combine that with a billion HP and there was a lot of dodging in that fight. Not the best boss.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Anyone got advice for heavier builds? I switched from a two-swords/chain-sword light armor build to a more spread-out axes/spears medium armor build, and I'm having a lot of trouble coping with the increased stamina use and lack of counters/ability to break guards. Am I imagining things, or do spears have a sweet spot that does more damage?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Well, I beat spider chick on the first try. In fact, I beat her without even getting hit. That is the first boss I haven't died to on my first attempt. Either I am getting better, or the boss is just easy. Sadly, it is probably the latter. It wasn't anything like pounding my head against lightning puppy twenty times until I finally won.

Not really sure where I am going with stats. Currently level 56. My goal is kind of a heavy armor Odachi thing, which I picked without knowing much about the game. Hopefully that is a thing. Odachis scaling with heart, stamina, and strength make it sound like it would work. I've always liked big armor and big weapons in souls games.

Right now, I am at 9 body, mostly for the warrior of the west armor that every revenent I kill seems to be wearing.
12 heart, because ki seems useful
30 stamina, for my goal of wearing heavier things.
22 strength, because hitting things.
5 in all of skill, dex, and magic.
10 spirit, which seems to be what my kato needs. Not sure if I sound be using something else.

Just unlocked clans too, I think. Not sure what I should be doing with that.

Edit: Ice chick down first try too, mostly thanks to kato living weapon. Certainly didn't beat her without getting hit like spider lady though.

Edit 2: Winged cat also down first try. These last few bosses have been kind of disappointing.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 28, 2017

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Filthy Monkey posted:

Well, I beat spider chick on the first try. In fact, I beat her without even getting hit. That is the first boss I haven't died to on my first attempt. Either I am getting better, or the boss is just easy. Sadly, it is probably the latter. It wasn't anything like pounding my head against lightning puppy twenty times until I finally won.

Not really sure where I am going with stats. Currently level 56. My goal is kind of a heavy armor Odachi thing, which I picked without knowing much about the game. Hopefully that is a thing. Odachis scaling with heart, stamina, and strength make it sound like it would work. I've always liked big armor and big weapons in souls games.

Right now, I am at 9 body, mostly for the warrior of the west armor that every revenent I kill seems to be wearing.
12 heart, because ki seems useful
30 stamina, for my goal of wearing heavier things.
22 strength, because hitting things.
10 spirit, which seems to be what my kato needs. Not sure if I sound be using something else.

Just unlocked clans too, I think. Not sure what I should be doing with that.

Pick a clan with a bonus you like, use it. There, done.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Filthy Monkey posted:

Well, I beat spider chick on the first try.

Spiderlady is indeed one of the easier bosses, actually I think she was also my first boss win without dying at least once.

As for your skills, it's definitely worth putting a few points into dex and magic, you can get some really useful ninja toys and spells for a relatively light stat investment.

Trick Question posted:

Anyone got advice for heavier builds? I switched from a two-swords/chain-sword light armor build to a more spread-out axes/spears medium armor build, and I'm having a lot of trouble coping with the increased stamina use and lack of counters/ability to break guards. Am I imagining things, or do spears have a sweet spot that does more damage?

Probably block more. Heavy armor uses more ki to attack but less to block. I haven't used axes much yet but spears have some pretty sweet grapples. Before I learned to love parries with Dualies I would always use a spear to push rev's around through their blocks.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Can't go too wrong with the Kikkawa clan if you're fretting over it. Their special effect is to remove status ailments (such as Chaos, Poison, etc) whenever you use an elixir. It's a decent passive that's never not useful.

SMP
May 5, 2009

I'm level 50 and just got to Kinki. Is it about time to respec? I don't think I messed up my build too badly at the start, but there's probably some wasted attrib points and samurai skills for weapons I don't use.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

SMP posted:

I'm level 50 and just got to Kinki. Is it about time to respec? I don't think I messed up my build too badly at the start, but there's probably some wasted attrib points and samurai skills for weapons I don't use.

Do it whenever you feel like. The game will rain respecs on you and the initial vendor books are really cheap as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

SMP posted:

I would not respec until NG+. Your build makes very little difference at such low levels