Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Random Integer posted:

Doesn't campaigning restart tomorrow? Does he expect them just to never criticise the Tories ever from now on?

edit: I mean I know the answer is "Its Nick Robinson so yes" but its ridiculous even for him.

They're breaking the non aggression pact truce :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

SteelMentor posted:

It took me a moment, but I thought his profile picture said I <3 My Chemical Romance.

Also he's a loving prick, Jesus he couldn't have his tongue further up the Torys' arse could he.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
What the gently caress is going on are they literally this stupid? Is Nick Robinson this stupid?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

spectralent posted:

Most of the thread is saying "And tomorrow he will be right", at least.

I didn't use that many words

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Are the tories so scared of brexit loving up everything that they're throwing may under the bus?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Namtab posted:

I didn't use that many words

I meant the tweet thread but fair.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

serious gaylord posted:

What the gently caress is going on are they literally this stupid? Is Nick Robinson this stupid?

Listen to your heart and know yes, he is functionally braindead.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Are the tories so scared of brexit loving up everything that they're throwing may under the bus?

May is incredibly arrogant. She thought she would win on a walkover and literally didn't try. They didn't have any campaign material ready when she called the election, and as a result the manifesto is an unmitigated disaster.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Random Integer posted:

Doesn't campaigning restart tomorrow? Does he expect them just to never criticise the Tories ever from now on?

edit: I mean I know the answer is "Its Nick Robinson so yes" but its ridiculous even for him.

I suppose the pundits are just very upset that Corbyn is straying from his appointed role as political punching bag.

TheRat posted:

I apologise

Oh, no need for that. I'm not going to get upset over an honest misunderstanding.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

TheRat posted:

May is incredibly arrogant. She thought she would win on a walkover and literally didn't try. They didn't have any campaign material ready when she called the election, and as a result the manifesto is an unmitigated disaster.

Apparently she learned nothing from Clinton's campaign.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TheRat posted:

it's loving glorious.

I hope she loses

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

serious gaylord posted:

I think it was last thread that I described this government as our Weimar period: an unpopular conservative government crushing independence movements until a major event robs them of their power and they're unable to reclaim it from the radical forces which come to the fore because they don't really know why they're in power either and so can't convince the public of why they should be.

I did not expect Corbyn and the public remembering social democracy to be that event.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://videopress.com/v/Sv99BWxg

If Corbyn had said this it'd be played morning noon and night on every news channel.

Holy gently caress, when was this?

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Question Time is on chaps.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TheRat posted:

Problem is that she'll win and learn that its not a good idea to hold a snap election on a whim she had while on a walk over Easter.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

spectralent posted:

2015 http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32806520

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

TheRat posted:

There's a lot of Westminster gossip that she's completely incapable of being campaign managed.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

There's a lot of Westminster gossip that she's completely incapable of being campaign managed.

And it doesn't help that she's an absolutely awful public speaker either.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I just want to point out at that hope was, is, and will remain for the foreseeable future, a lie

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

blammo
https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/867826052273459200

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I just want to point out at that hope was, is, and will remain for the foreseeable future, a lie

gently caress you I'm enthused I tell you! ENTHUSED

However I'm completely aware that my June 9th meltdown will be incredible.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I don't want to dampen anyone's spirits but...

https://twitter.com/election_data/status/866032768593080320

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Could everyone please print out your meltdowns on June 9th and post them to me as I am unlikely to have internet.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

spectralent posted:

2015, in direct response to Police raising concerns about funds being slashed and money being syphoned into centralised snooping.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Reminder that they completely redid the polling methodology after 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Is T-May literally the british Hillary Clinton and J-Corbz the british trump?

The Greeks warned us all about hubris two thousand years ago but apparently nobody listens.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hakimashou posted:

Is T-May literally the british Hillary Clinton and J-Corbz the british trump?

The Greeks warned us all about hubris two thousand years ago but apparently nobody listens.

Go gently caress yourself you genocidal oval office

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

TheRat posted:

Reminder that they completely redid the polling methodology after 2015

I know, I dumped the tweet before reading the thread. However, I'd like to see other polls come close to the same sort of reduction in lead before, you know, hope and lie and all that

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

I'd forgotten they'd moved QT to Salford this week. The audience and panel are being really measured and insightful considering the general public and events of the week.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

On the off chance that Labour wins I will use all of my influence to ensure pissflaps is banned

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Still almost two weeks to go.

I wonder if the tories are going to go hard on the Corbyn-and-co terrorist sympathies angle once they resume their campaign.

I wonder how much muck to be raked with regards to Iran/Hezbollah/Hamas and of course the IRA. Maybe even Muammar Gaddafi for the Libya angle.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

This was from before Ed hosed it by looking weak in a debate with a shampoo saleswoman.

I'm fully expecting to be disappointed June 9th but the stars are aligning and May, regardless of outcome, has hosed it completely and won't be safe long after the GE.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I'm going to enjoy tomorrow before Abbott says something dumb again over the weekend the news won't shut up about and we go back to a 20 point lead just in time for the election.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hakimashou posted:

I wonder if the tories are going to go hard on the Corbyn-and-co terrorist sympathies angle once they resume their campaign.

They've been doing it for 2 years, why stop now?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Namtab posted:

On the off chance that Labour wins I will use all of my influence to ensure pissflaps is banned

Is censoring someone else's speech truly a virtuous thing to do

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Namtab posted:

That's no Pissflaps.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

namesake posted:

I'd forgotten they'd moved QT to Salford this week. The audience and panel are being really measured and insightful considering the general public and events of the week.

I cringed hard when Burnham said we need to engage with the Muslim community and 'put the onus on them' to identify potential terrorists. Some angry faces in the audience too.

Apart from that though.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Is censoring someone else's speech truly a virtuous thing to do

I'm not virtuous, I'm namtab

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Somebody I usually consider fairly level–headed has done a Facebook post complaining about articles from the Canary being 'fake news' — it's obviously got a fairly lefty slant but AFAIK it's don't published anything that qualifies as 'fake'. Am I wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

jabby posted:

I cringed hard when Burnham said we need to engage with the Muslim community and 'put the onus on them' to identify potential terrorists. Some angry faces in the audience too.

Apart from that though.

Okay and he's speaking about PREVENT......

yeah that's not really a great approach.

TACD posted:

Somebody I usually consider fairly level–headed has done a Facebook post complaining about articles from the Canary being 'fake news' — it's obviously got a fairly lefty slant but AFAIK it's don't published anything that qualifies as 'fake'. Am I wrong?

It's a bit clickbaity and they leap to conclusions when leaping to defend Corbyn but no they're not just making poo poo up.

• Locked thread