Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

CrazyTolradi posted:

It goes plenty of places, actually.

It's still places in Brisbane though so it really doesn't go anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Bogan King posted:

It's still places in Brisbane though so it really doesn't go anywhere.
It'll take you down to Coolangatta though so you can just jump across the border, but then you're in NSW and have been corrupted by the dark heart of Australian politics.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

CrazyTolradi posted:

It goes plenty of places, actually.

Nowhere worth going.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

iajanus posted:

Nowhere worth going.
So, like Bogan King said?

I'm just curious what places you think TMR/Trankslink needs to extend the transit network out to, though.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

To be fair, I'm being unfair. It goes plenty of places, but without connecting anywhere useful in any decent way. I've worked three places in totally different areas so far up here and whilst all three had stops and routes quite close, they took well toward two hours to travel the distance that would take twenty minutes at most by car. Having come from a city with public transport that was actually feasible to use to travel to work (should one work outside the city centre) it's galling and a sad joke.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

That's a fair call, though, and I had a similar experience when I lived in Redcliffe. I'd knock off work at 7pm and get back home at 8:50pm. It does have a lack of services in a lot of areas around the outer suburbs, but then again Adelaide did too and that network also was very CBD centric. It's a pitfall a lot of public transit networks can fall into.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Also, Sydney has a lot higher population and density than Brisbane and Translink service a network that was, a few years ago, the largest in the southern hemisphere. It's easier to provide services in Sydney where you get more people using them per $1m you spend on services and have a lot more justification for the public good, rather than in Brisbane where a lot of fringe services tend to only have a few people per bus going out that far.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I live 13 km from the centre of the city with a direct main road that takes me there. How the gently caress does a real city have it take me 45+ minutes to get there by one bus? This is in the middle of the day with no traffic; I could drive there in 15.

(The real answer is Brisbane is just a giant country town).

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A fair chunk of my frustration could be resolved by letting buses use the gateway.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

iajanus posted:

A fair chunk of my frustration could be resolved by letting buses use the gateway.

I have no idea what this Brisbane landmark is but I assume it repels negroes using ancient magic.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

iajanus posted:

They can, the 599/598 route uses it. However, one of the major barriers in reforming the bus network in Brisbane is Brisbane City Council, who continually refuse to work with Translink. Largely this is because BCC get a certain amount per kilometre of route, but it's also down to bad blood between them and Newman doing some shady poo poo when he was Premier that caused this whole shitshow to get worse.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JBP posted:

I have no idea what this Brisbane landmark is but I assume it repels negroes using ancient magic.

No that's boundary street.

Also:

quote:

On 22 April 2012, the recently elected Campbell Newman-led LNP government announced that it would stop manufacturing the Smart State plates as a cost cutting measure, noting that nine-out-of-10 customers chose the Sunshine State slogan.[42][43]

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Are you fuckers ready for the mother of all media circuses when are Schapelle arrives on saturday?

That story is so long-running that I've forgotten why I'm supposed to care and any opinions I may have once held.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

They can, the 599/598 route uses it. However, one of the major barriers in reforming the bus network in Brisbane is Brisbane City Council, who continually refuse to work with Translink. Largely this is because BCC get a certain amount per kilometre of route, but it's also down to bad blood between them and Newman doing some shady poo poo when he was Premier that caused this whole shitshow to get worse.

You're right ; although sadly it takes 35 minutes to do the trip I need it to and leaves once an hour (at best). That's plus getting there (which by car is twenty to twenty five minutes at absolute best, plus parking).

It also gets in at extremely useless times that would waste another twenty five minutes.

I'm the first person to use public transport normally and did so I'm Sydney to go to school and work for over twenty years. The fact I don't get to do here is one of the most frustrating parts of living here that I can think of. I'm more than happy to take 150% of driving for catching the bus, but this government has made it completely useless.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Look at this angry old white man

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/867612668974161920

respekt mah authoritah! :v:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ewe2 posted:

Look at this angry old white man

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/867612668974161920

respekt mah authoritah! :v:

But was it a clerk of a maritime court? Also furthermore

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
get ready

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Are you fuckers ready for the mother of all media circuses when are Schapelle arrives on saturday?
gently caress off, we're full.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
They're right, she looks like she's been in prison. Not fit for a cover of even Australian publications. I am appalled.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I want to make a sportsbet on her One Nation candidacy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Meanwhile in the Courier Mail

DONT TAKE ARE COAL INNER BRISBANE WANKERS WE THE PEOPLE LOVE ADANI WE THE PEOPLE MATE COULDNT HAVE A BEER WITH ALL THIS LABAH WASTE HIJABS ARE STEALING OUR COAL AUUUUUUUUUUGH

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
So in the captions it mentions the brisbaneites speaking out against the Adani mine, but it doesn't say the townsvillains spoke for it...

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

DONT TAKE ARE COAL INNER BRISBANE WANKERS WE THE PEOPLE LOVE ADANI WE THE PEOPLE MATE COULDNT HAVE A BEER WITH ALL THIS LABAH WASTE HIJABS ARE STEALING OUR COAL AUUUUUUUUUUGH

Take my soy latte?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

I love walking into pubs and ordering a soy latte.

Where do people even buy beer from anyway?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I wish inner city lefties were as strident as country yokels so that someone would support me going on tv and saying "let the dirt farming agrarian poor die in the sun".

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

JBP posted:

I wish inner city lefties were as strident as country yokels so that someone would support me going on tv and saying "let the dirt farming agrarian poor die in the sun".

the inner city lefties are winning this one.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Walk into a country pub in full hipster garb and find yourself a farmer to talk to.

"Yeah mate, they're going to run farms by robots soon so you'll be out of a job and you'll have to sell up to a Chinese version of Monsanto."

Look around a bit.

"Oh wow so you don't have ANY microbrewery beers on tap? Just wow. Is that four X? Holy poo poo. I wondered who drank that."

"Well nice talking but my motorized penny farthing is on a meter."

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Note also the author(s) tripping over their dicks to point out the ages of the No advocates, while the supposed Adani shills remain ageless.

Because something something look at them latte sipping University poofs Mr speaker

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Only true blue grey haired patriots support coal against the Muslim hordes

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Now I have the vision of the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition sketch playing in my head.

"Confess. CONFESS!"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Time to confess your intentions to run as a candidate for One Nation.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

DancingShade posted:

Walk into a country pub in full hipster garb and find yourself a farmer to talk to.

"Yeah mate, they're going to run farms by robots soon so you'll be out of a job and you'll have to sell up to a Chinese version of Monsanto."

Look around a bit.

"Oh wow so you don't have ANY microbrewery beers on tap? Just wow. Is that four X? Holy poo poo. I wondered who drank that."

"Well nice talking but my motorized penny farthing is on a meter."

The pub in my local country town has 12 taps, thanks very much.

Unfortunately they have multiple taps of XXXX, New, Carlton Draught and I think Tooheys Old is their take on "pooftah beer".

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Carlton Draught is good poo poo you bloody wankers.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

JBP posted:

Deffo.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Where is the VB in that list?

:sad:

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

JBP posted:

Carlton's the least offensive basic tap beer and my go to when I'm at country pubs. Quite a few still have Boags Draught or Kosciusko which are alright

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Reschs is the truth

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

aejix posted:

Reschs is the truth

Dad?

I swear when he shuffles off they'll stop making Reschs.

Not on tap at the pub, but the RSL has it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Unlock her up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Dad?

I swear when he shuffles off they'll stop making Reschs.

Not on tap at the pub, but the RSL has it.

There was one Resch's drinker at the pub I used to work at, he looked exactly how you'd expect

• Locked thread