Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Before this pops off, I want everyone to remember that there are tons of places you can go to get into fights about politics and social issues but I just want one loving thread where we don't drag ourselves into the same loving hole for no reason

None of your opinions or jokes on that article will be new, unique, or interesting, so please keep making jokes about how lame Jensen Ackles is as a dlc character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

From the linked tier list:

quote:

This Injustice 2 Tier List Character Rankings is based off the Characters Base Stats, Moves and Abilities. This Tier List will be updated continuously and with the biggest ranking factor being determined by Win Rate in competitive play.

edit:
The fact that Dean Winchester is not voicing the red hood makes me sad.

The Fool fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 25, 2017

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

It's especially dumb because female characters kind of dominated MKX. Tanya was the best character in the game for a long time, and Cassie, Sonya, and D'Vorah were all top tier.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I didn't realise that playing the battle simulator novice challenge unlocked different story endings: only came across it because my fiancé wanted to practice (I'm too drat good for her liking :black101: ).

Am I the only person who cannot use Captain Cold at all?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

big cummers ONLY posted:

Before this pops off, I want everyone to remember that there are tons of places you can go to get into fights about politics and social issues but I just want one loving thread where we don't drag ourselves into the same loving hole for no reason

None of your opinions or jokes on that article will be new, unique, or interesting, so please keep making jokes about how lame Jensen Ackles is as a dlc character

Nah, I think I'm going to make fun of the article for being dumb.

It's not even a social issues thing. How are you going to claim that its problematic that Injustice 2 tournaments wont feature female characters in the top 8 when no major tournaments have happened yet, and several of the best NRS players are playing female characters.

Like, if you legitimately believe that the female characters are underpowered and they're going to be underrepresented in competitive play, wait like three days until Combo Breaker is over and you can point at the top 8 as evidence to support your claim before posting your article.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Girls suck at fighting

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL at insinuating female characters are worse when Tanya and Mileena were consistently top tier in MKX, and Supergirl/Catwoman/Cheetah could all easily be in high level play. poo poo even Harley Quinn could make a run to the top. Next week watch as all the Lili and Christie players gently caress up everybody else in Tekken.

anyway the game's been out for like 2 loving weeks so thanks for the hot take Mic or whatever this poo poo-tier site is called

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a reason it's fight like a girl not fight like a boy

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Grem posted:

Who leads Goon Lanterns? We'll just get together, count up the people who show up in the rankings of each mission, and consolidate them. Shouldn't be too difficult.

I created it, but we are all equal in the Corps.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's a good Green Lanterns comic in starting to like them

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Empress Brosephine posted:

What's a good Green Lanterns comic in starting to like them

the reboot wherein atrocitus shows up i.e. Secret Origin

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/867871666667474945

:flashfap:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I for one can't wait to beat Jason Todd to death with a crowbar

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sweet, Green Arrow with the Vampire effect. gently caress guild multiverse.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The Fool posted:

From the linked tier list:

edit:
The fact that Dean Winchester is not voicing the red hood makes me sad.

WTF

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What is with every ranked match being 100+ ping?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Meridian posted:

What is with every ranked match being 100+ ping?
I was dreading poor latency but my matches have all been smooth. I imagine it's worse if you're ranked very high or very low though because there's a smaller pool of matches. I live in a major metro area which also helps.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DLC Inc posted:

the reboot wherein atrocitus shows up i.e. Secret Origin

Should I start with secret origin or earlier

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This is interesting, this video supposedly comes from early on development of the game

https://vimeo.com/218171342

And back then, Jason was part of the core roster

You know who else was there? Mother loving Constantine.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Is that Martian Manhunter bottom left as well? Maaaaaan, John Constantine would be amazing.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

HebrewMagic posted:

Check the op friend! Goonrilla Grodd is always open.

Done! User name is Seantimus Prime!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This is interesting, this video supposedly comes from early on development of the game

And Sinestro and what looks like Etrigan.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

So do they ever explain why the Joker's alive? Is it in the comic? Should I even give a poo poo?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

hup posted:

So do they ever explain why the Joker's alive? Is it in the comic? Should I even give a poo poo?

He's not, at least in the story. Just shows up in a fear gas hallucination for Harley.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hup posted:

Joker isn't alive, he's just one of the characters they added because popular. He shows up once in the story as a fear gas hallucination and never again.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Ahhh. Haven't finished the story all the way yet, so I wasn't sure if there were magic shenanigans since he has dialogue about Fate.

I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, this is a game where Scarecrow can take out Darkseid soooo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

hup posted:

Ahhh. Haven't finished the story all the way yet, so I wasn't sure if there were magic shenanigans since he has dialogue about Fate.

I'm not gonna lose sleep over it, this is a game where Scarecrow can take out Darkseid soooo

Everyone took a pill that puts them on par with superman

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I forgot about 5UP3R where's my Alfred DLC

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hup posted:

Weirdly I don't think they mention it at all in I2. The only time you see someone fighting Superman they do something beforehand to justify the power difference instead.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Yeah, this game didn't have the bullshit superpill excuse. Only characters who'd be at the appropriate power levels fight Superman (Supergirl, GL I think even though he sucks?, Batman in implied kryptonite-powered battle armor) otherwise storymode fights are fairly evenly matched

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

hup posted:

lol if this is pronounced any other way than "Super"

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I think in the first game they spelled it out? I can't remember

You know whoever came up with it in the writers room was really proud of themselves

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

lol they just forget about Damian completely in story mode after a certain point.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man, I love the clash exchanges. Had a great one between Black Adam and Batman where Black Adam is all Why do you fight the inevitable and Batman literally says I'm Batman and I won the clash too and then the fight so hell yes

I also got a good one between I forget and Joker where the first dude says Didn't you die? and the Joker replies I'm a fear gas hallucination but uh, don't tell anyone

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Joker trolling the hell out of everyone about his return is awesome.

"Scammed Nekron. No, wait, fear gas. Uh, other Earth? NO, HOLD ON, I GOT IT - Lazarus Pit!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Funky Valentine posted:

lol they just forget about Damian completely in story mode after a certain point.

'lol, they just forget about (x) completely in story mode after a certain point' is Injustice 2 in a nutshell.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

fadam posted:

It's not even a social issues thing. How are you going to claim that its problematic that Injustice 2 tournaments wont feature female characters in the top 8 when no major tournaments have happened yet, and several of the best NRS players are playing female characters.

Toryuken is a major :argh:

Biohazard got 2nd playing Harley.

*ed*

to be fair though he played Bane for most of the tournament though. That whole article is dumb as loving hell anyway.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 26, 2017

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
"It's BS you are ducking under my poo poo, I am trying to kill you!" ----- Um so I am supposed to just stand there and let you hit me with projectiles?

Edit: I will admit I am not the best at defending against zoning but if I can just duck, walk, duck, walk - sure as hell I am going to do it.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 02:53 on May 26, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

nunsexmonkrock posted:

"It's BS you are ducking under my poo poo, I am trying to kill you!" ----- Um so I am supposed to just stand there and let you hit me with projectiles?

Uh yeah? Coward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Prometheus, Constantine, loving Etrigan. God damnit. If we had these guys cut for loving Raiden and Enchantress that will suck big time.

I see they were thinking about using the supremely scary "post-facerip" Joker there.

• Locked thread