Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DC Murderverse posted:

Who wants a Silver Sable and Black Cat movie!?

what's that? no one? no one wants a silver sable and black cat movie?

well at least it's literally the second ever comic book movie directed by a woman of color. (cue a whole bunch of people learning that Lexi Alexander is Palestinian.)

Silver Sable/Black Cat seems like a good idea to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Drifter posted:

You would maybe after the second time he attempts a thing and almost destroys the world.

At the least vaguely agree with him enough to get your own suit of power armor. He'd probably do that and not realize that you're nodding to literally anything he's saying.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drifter posted:

Did I miss some tasty entertainment gossip or was there a scene in a movie of his I didn't see?

He's a Republican who keeps his mouth shut.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Silver Sable/Black Cat seems like a good idea to me.

It's not a pairing I would have jumped at but it's definitely one I could see watching. What was that soldier of Fortune group Sable ran in the comics with a bunch of ex-villians? Kind of a Suicide Squad-like antihero thing. Could work.

I assume this is part of that thing where Sony is trying to build their own universe of Spiderman characters in the hopes they can capitalize off the MCU's use of him?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Drifter posted:

You would maybe after the second time he attempts a thing and almost destroys the world.

As long as it's "almost" what do I care? Let Steve worry about that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It would be worth Sony trying to cut a deal and get The Kingpin for the movie. A heist movie of them stealing his poo poo to get revenge for something would be great.

I mean there's probably plenty of Spider-Man only gangsters they have like Silvermane or something or Hammerhead, I don't know none of them would really compare to Kingpin.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

STAC Goat posted:

It's not a pairing I would have jumped at but it's definitely one I could see watching. What was that soldier of Fortune group Sable ran in the comics with a bunch of ex-villians? Kind of a Suicide Squad-like antihero thing. Could work.

I assume this is part of that thing where Sony is trying to build their own universe of Spiderman characters in the hopes they can capitalize off the MCU's use of him?

The Wild Bunch, Foil Embossed #1!

I have a soft spot for Black Cat and Silver Sable because they were featured heavily in Spectacular Spider-Man in the 90s when I started reading it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Taintrunner posted:

He's a Republican who keeps his mouth shut.

"I have a really interesting political point of view, and it’s not always something I say too loud at dinner tables here, but you can’t go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and really understand it and come out a liberal." - Robert Downey Jr. in 2009

(granted, I think he's mellowed a bit since this, and came out against Donald Trump so he's not a total rear end in a top hat)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DC Murderverse posted:

(granted, I think he's mellowed a bit since this, and came out against Donald Trump so he's not a total rear end in a top hat)

Yeah, he's a rich gently caress, not an outright monster.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

RDJ actually took part in Joss Whedon's anti-Trump video before the election, only possible because he's a Republican that's not a politician.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

"I have a really interesting political point of view, and it’s not always something I say too loud at dinner tables here, but you can’t go from a $2,000-a-night suite at La Mirage to a penitentiary and really understand it and come out a liberal." - Robert Downey Jr. in 2009

This is such a bizarre thought process on display.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Chairman Capone posted:

This is such a bizarre thought process on display.

if that sentence had ended with the word "liberal" it would make perfect sense; a rich young rear end in a top hat forced to spend time with people he wouldn't ever get close to without going to prison, potentially learning that the justice system sucks poo poo, that's a not-uncommon trend, I imagine. Going in a rich young rear end in a top hat and coming out conservative, i dunno what the gently caress, unless he's talking about, like, being libertarian and in favor of total legalization.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Well you see the judge that sentence him was liberal therefore

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
wrong thread

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 26, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCUniverseClub/status/867632712848470016

:haw:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DC Murderverse posted:

Who wants a Silver Sable and Black Cat movie!?

what's that? no one? no one wants a silver sable and black cat movie?

Sony also planned to do an "Aunt May, superspy" prequel before they blew up the franchise last time and had to dump all their plans and absolutely no one was asking for that either. But at least they're really really determined to do a female comicbook adaptation, which is a good thing I guess? Even if it's really really obviously only because the Spider-Man franchise didn't include any additional male heroes otherwise they would have been all over that already.

Also it's going to be a stand alone film that's not actually connected to Spider-Man, just like their upcoming Venom film.

quote:

Silver and Black is being treated as a standalone film, not a Spidey crossover.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Marvel once licensed out the rights to The Human Torch and only The Human Torch. And made a Thing solo cartoon where a boy transforms into Ol' Blue Eyes using a magic ring.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Spider-Man: Homecoming/MCU would be a lot more interesting if it interpolated the Japanese Supaidāman TV show. Heck, it would even be more adaptable to Tony Stark.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Aunt May Superspy movie should be a straight spy thriller set in the Cold Was with no mention of Spider-Man until the end where an old lady is explaining to her dork nephew the importance of studying the sciences.

"And Peter, is how I became Spider-Man-Aunt."

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

K. Waste posted:

Spider-Man: Homecoming/MCU would be a lot more interesting if it interpolated the Japanese Supaidāman TV show. Heck, it would even be more adaptable to Tony Stark.

Sony's film department is apparently on the edge of collapse anyway, might as well webswing for the fences.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Most of the alien designs in the latest trailer are lifted directly from comics which predate Star Wars.

So? They're only making it to the big screen now and they don't look original anymore compared to the plethora of creature designs in cinema that came before them. Same deal as John Carter a few years back.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

K. Waste posted:

The best part about Supaidaman isn't just that he has a giant robot, it's that it's a giant lion-shaped alien spaceship that transforms into a giant robot that is controlled by a flying car.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The MSJ posted:

Marvel once licensed out the rights to The Human Torch and only The Human Torch. And made a Thing solo cartoon where a boy transforms into Ol' Blue Eyes using a magic ring.

To be fair, the concept of "The Human Torch" predates the Fantastic Four (and indeed, Marvel Comics as an entity) by over 20 years.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Taintrunner posted:

"And Peter, is how I became Spider-Man-Aunt."

Oh don't be foolish.

She'd would have become Aunt-Man.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Band name, called it

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

The MSJ posted:

RDJ actually took part in Joss Whedon's anti-Trump video before the election, only possible because he's a Republican that's not a politician.

Wasn't Evans the only one of the Avengers regulars that didn't make it into that video? Which was kind of funny.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
It's going to be interesting reading a feminist take on Wonder Woman.

I think that a lot of people who write about movies are going to be lean hard into trying not to feed into the "Women-led movies don't sell/work" narrative and push the feminist angle, but Wonder Woman's feminism is kind of awkward.

- In WW, being unemotional, masculine, and aggressive is the best thing that you can be.
- Diana and her aunt are contrasted against the feminine and protective Amazons who are "wrong."
- When Diana has her *WomanFeelings*/gets emotional, she makes mistakes that lead to decades of suffering.
- Only when she "mans up" and becomes aggressive and unemotional again is she able to be a hero.
- The other women in patriarchal England during the 1910's are "helped" when Diana shows them how to be more masculine and ignore their emotions.
- Even WWI is caused by emotions overtaking the "logical" part of men. Influenced by Ares who makes them emotional.
- The end of the movie is her crying that her boyfriend died and leaving millions of people to die because she is too emotional to deal with it.

The last one is especially problematic and a weird choice.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 26, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He is Super Rich not Super Ripped

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Barudak posted:

He is Super Rich not Super Ripped

Nah, he's beefcake, too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
:nws:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2wnu0s2.gif

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
That's gotta be a stunt butt.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

all-Rush mixtape posted:

That's gotta be a stunt butt.

With all the work these actors put into getting loving ripped, I think their egos would demand it be their own. They should be rightfully proud, you know?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
If Batman were truly intent on getting as swole as possible, then he would know that most people don't consider sledgehammer exercises to be ideal muscle-building technique.

Every second swinging the hammer is a second spent not-deadlifting and working all the arm muscle groups instead of just a quick flex of the triceps and biceps.

Another embarrassing missed opportunity from BvS.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If Batman were truly intent on getting as swole as possible, then he would know that most people don't consider sledgehammer exercises to be ideal muscle-building technique.

Every second swinging the hammer is a second spent not-deadlifting and working all the arm muscle groups instead of just a quick flex of the triceps and biceps.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I don't think it's about swole. Clearly it's about EXPLOSIVENESS and stuff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I'll have you know that the internet can say with authority that Batman is in fact, pretty swole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J12A70-HeAQ

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Missed opportunity that he didn't sledgehammer superman at some point.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Missed opportunity to cast HHH has Bruce Wayne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Electromax posted:

Missed opportunity that he didn't sledgehammer superman at some point.

He sledgehammered him with a bathroom sink.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'll have you know that the internet can say with authority that Batman is in fact, pretty swole

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J12A70-HeAQ
This video is so wrong. I'm disgusted by how much his casual and incorrect assumptions bother me. :colbert:
The suit doesn't make him stronger. Snyder himself said so. It's just a durability boost. Plus, more weight/force goes into a punch than just an arm, especially if it loving piledrives a dude's head through the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J12A70-HeAQ&t=5m43s
Also, my physics is deffo pretty hosed from non-use, but this crate weighs slightly less than the dude getting hit by it, as it bounces back after hitting him, but being able to one-armed overhand throw 160 lbs from a crouch (and at a distance) means he's way stronger than whatever that video concluded.

• Locked thread