Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Tony Montana posted:

oh is this another liberal hugbox where anyone that doesn't crack jokes at Donald's expense is big bad man that wants to take your lentil soup away? Sorry, I didn't know..

Nice dog whistle, I almost didn't catch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Results start coming in at 10:25pm

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/montana-house-special-election

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-lentil-stew-191459

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tony Montana posted:

oh is this another liberal hugbox where anyone that doesn't crack jokes at Donald's expense is big bad man that wants to take your lentil soup away? Sorry, I didn't know..

you need a hug and someone to agree with you or something?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Nothus posted:

Fine. How about an InfoWars or ZeroHedge tv network? I guess what I'm saying is that there will always be a market for conservative shitheads. Someone will fill that vacuum. :v:

Good lord can you imagine a national Infowars channel?

But no, I think most young white nationalists are going to keep getting their news online. You've already got people like Milo and Spencer attempting to lay the groundwork for a wider network of nazi personalities so that they have an even more accessible platform. Now, I doubt they'll be the ones to succeed but somebody's going to throw enough money around to be successful. The conservatives who aren't that bigoted will have CNN and MSNBC adjust their programming to pick them up; he'll, we're seeing it now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

TARDISman posted:

My senators are Franken and Klobuchar and I want to bake them cakes with "I LUV U" written in frosting on them. That's not weird, is it?

The weird thing is that you haven't sent them the cake already. :colbert:

All of my representatives are awesome (House Rep is Ellison), but I sometimes feel a little sad that I don't get to angrily yell at an rear end in a top hat congressman in a town hall meeting. Then I remember that it's better than feeling vague guilt for living in Bachmann's district.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What's your opinion on the boat people

Well, the lot that came in 1788 were just awful, folks. When britain sent their people, they weren't sending their best.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Waffles Inc. posted:

In before (((lentils)))

I thought the lentil thing was some kind of (((reference)))

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

just realized I have some lentils. lentil stew is pretty easy, hmm....

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Tony Montana posted:

Australia! I am not American at all!

An Aussie critiquing food. That's rich.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

just realized I have some lentils. lentil stew is pretty easy, hmm....

It's real good with ham in it.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Daal. Every time I try making it at home it's never as good as when I order it. I probably don't use enough butter or something else terrible for me.

ISeeCuckedPeople
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

STAC Goat posted:

Also, if there's like a 15 point swing tonight from November with a pretty objectively weak Dem candidate that's kind of the definition of "progress" and the sort of thing that should inspire hope to build upon.

How is Quist a weak candidate? I view him as the opposite. I view him as the best kind of Democrat candidate and the only kind of Democratic candidate that can win in rural regions outside of Clintonite Millionaires. And we all know why those suck

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fulchrum posted:

Well, the lot that came in 1788 were just awful, folks. When britain sent their people, they weren't sending their best.

Fuckers eventually imported pigs, and didn't eat lentils. :mad:

Edit: gently caress failingforward wins

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

The weird thing is that you haven't sent them the cake already. :colbert:

All of my representatives are awesome (House Rep is Ellison), but I sometimes feel a little sad that I don't get to angrily yell at an rear end in a top hat congressman in a town hall meeting. Then I remember that it's better than feeling vague guilt for living in Bachmann's district.

My rep is fuckin Paulsen :negative:

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Nothus posted:

I thought the lentil thing was some kind of (((reference)))

It deffo is

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

failing forward posted:

It's real good with ham in it.

don't have any ham but I do have tomatoes and enough spices to make it work

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/867908415921823746

Hannity's up to seven advertisers dropped, now. I'm worried that his cowardly attempt to say how he's decided to respect the family's wishes while also saying he meant every word might mean enough advertisers decided to hang on, but it's Hannity so it's not like there will be any shortage of reasons to tell advertisers to ditch him.

His name was Sean Hannity.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Waffles Inc. posted:

In before (((lentils)))

Too late.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

don't have any ham but I do have tomatoes and enough spices to make it work

gently caress yeah.

Why do people not want Pres. Pelosi? Serious question, zero agenda behind it

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

What is it with this thread and food?

ISeeCuckedPeople posted:

How is Quist a weak candidate? I view him as the opposite. I view him as the best kind of Democrat candidate and the only kind of Democratic candidate that can win in rural regions outside of Clintonite Millionaires. And we all know why those suck

STAC Goat posted:

I'll defer to people who have paid more attention. The stuff I've read is that he's got no political experience or resume and troubling tax stuff, and he kind of got up on his name and we'll traveled career and campaigning. That last part obviously is good for a candidate (and good ideas are of course good as much as they mean anything without any kind of resume that they're more than words) but that earlier stuff seemed to be a bit of an unnecessary handicap that the Dems should be able to build on.

Hell, Quist could run in 2018 but with a year of focused political advocacy and be a better candidate.

But I admit I've only paid passing attention to this race so apologize if I have him all wrong.

QuoProQuid posted:

i could be misremembering, as i am not a resident of montana, but doesn't quist have serious tax lien and debt-collection problems? i also remember him fumbling with the whole gun issue.

i get democrats being happy with his views, but if i were a strategist, quist would not be my first choice.

"agrees with my individual political views" ≠ strong candidate

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fulchrum posted:

if the irish had managed to undermine the empire successfully who knows what would have happened

piers morgan may have never existed

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What's your opinion on the boat people

Well, its not as simple as we should give refuge to anyone that asks. It's also not as simple as turning them all back.

The reality is as long as there is a perception that as soon as they get into our waters they're 'safe' because we take all comers, that's not a message that is going to help us. Immigration is something we should have a say and control in, rather than just appealing to 'decency' and accepting everyone because they're poorer than we are. Many of these people still have made bad choices, many of these people will not become Australian citizens that we all want to stand next to.

So that's the problem, properly assessing and working with the people that come to make an decision about whether you'll make a good Australian is a complex and difficult process. It takes a great deal of resources and perhaps even offshore processing assets if that's the best way to prevent an influx we cannot control.

We must with one hand help all those less fortunate than us while with the other making sure we're not going broke doing it. That is a complex task and I support my taxes going into people and infrastructure to achieve these lofty goals.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Those young hateful assholes are just a very loud minority and don't have the numbers to replace the dying Fox demo. And they don't pay for cable news.

Fox isn't permanently tied to cable, and the 4chan/reddit minority has an attractive enough message to gain a larger demographic. SJWs make for great punching bags.

It's as simple as throwing money at right-wing youtube personalities.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
So is the alt reich already saying the Kushner investigation is proof that it's Jews that are the problem or what

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

STAC Goat posted:

Pretty sure it's a "Jew" thing. So, you know, he's slow playing this gimmick.

that's dumb

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

QuoProQuid posted:

You either eat food or you are food. Pick a side quick, THIS THREAD IS HUNGRY!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Daal. Every time I try making it at home it's never as good as when I order it. I probably don't use enough butter or something else terrible for me.

Coconut milk is a winner, perhaps the best sauce substrate in human history, but cooked wrong will get weird. I defer to The Subforum Formerly Known As Goons With Spoons.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mmm time to eat a big helping of lentils and check the Trump threa-

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RandomBlue posted:

You either eat food or you are food. Pick a side quick, THIS THREAD IS HUNGRY!

Where do the wild boars come into this

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
NYT already updating with some early numbers.

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/montana-house-special-election

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
loving russians put microphones in my {{{lentils}}}

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I would recommend keeping Decision Desk open.

Also, it is probably going to be 4-6 hours before we know who the winner is, so don't stay up if you have things going on tomorrow.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Some numbers starting to go up on the Gianforte election.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Some, but not all, posters are wild boars.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Look up, they've captured the baloons for themselves!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

QuoProQuid posted:

Goons, man. :burger:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Also, I just wanted to say that Ben Jacobs is a big piece of poo poo who is certainly playing up the role of victim and is hard to feel sympathy for.

Act with some loving dignity and outrage instead of this sad sack role of 'I'm okay under the circumstances'

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's really weird we're collectively all basically liberals who also think guns are cool and also nuclear energy rocks. Why can't the Democrats come around on those two things? (Also we believe in strong gun control though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Boon posted:

Also, I just wanted to say that Ben Jacobs is a big piece of poo poo who is certainly playing up the role of victim.

Act with some loving dignity and outrage instead of this sad sack role of 'I'm okay under the circumstances'

What the gently caress are you talking about

• Locked thread