Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
lefties think that anyone not white can't be racists or bigots so there's your answer

sharia law will look nice all over the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Psycho Society posted:

This is what stood out to me, you have the Manchester police on Twitter making chilling statements like they're investing someone for saying "something must be done", making arrests for "sectatian language" on trains, and yet admitting support of ISIS and terror bombing is free speech? What the gently caress, Britain?
my point was too confusing tho

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
america deserved 9/11, just imho

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Also btw gutting access to healthcare will kill far more people than a hundred flashy bombs going off, that doesn't stimulate the toddler-like fear centers in your brain though because you are incapable of foresight. 50,000 people a year, you dumb fucks, which is also about as many people who die because baby boomers decide not to get flu vaccines before they hold babies and visit nursing homes

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Hm, it's almost like "Hate Speech Laws" are terribly one sided

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Do it ironically posted:

lefties think that anyone not white can't be racists or bigots so there's your answer

Well you see it's actually about who has power....

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Psycho Society posted:

Also btw gutting access to healthcare will kill far more people than a hundred flashy bombs going off, that doesn't stimulate the toddler-like fear centers in your brain though because you are incapable of foresight. 50,000 people a year, you dumb fucks, which is also about as many people who die because baby boomers decide not to get flu vaccines before they hold babies and visit nursing homes

In the Star Trek universe, Vulcans are seen to have a consistent ethical system involving satisfying the preferences of the greatest number of people, even if it means sacrificing the interests of a fewer number of people. This perspective is most similar to the human utilitarian ethical system.[15] In Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Spock sacrifices himself to save the lives of those on the Enterprise, stating that "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." In Star Trek Into Darkness (2013), Spock uses the same logic to justify his attempt to sacrifice himself. In the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "The Galileo Seven", Spock states that "it is more rational to sacrifice one life than six." In Star Trek: Enterprise, T'Pol states that "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" is a Vulcan axiom.[16]

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

spacetoaster posted:

Well you see it's actually about who has power....

i like thinking about dropping a kkk member into china or some african country and instantly being not racist, makes a lot of sense if you think about it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Psycho Society posted:

that's exactly what I said but everyone was like ??? you monster don't you care about these 22 people?

it's p lol. if we diverted even a portion of our defense spending into just making sure locals got the food and healthcare they needed we could save so many lives but I guess it's not worth it unless it also involves bombing other places.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Harald posted:

america deserved 9/11, just imho

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

This just popped up on FB.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

spacetoaster posted:

This just popped up on FB.

If anything...

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Do it ironically posted:

i like thinking about dropping a kkk member into china or some african country and instantly being not racist, makes a lot of sense if you think about it

It actually the other way around - dropping an average white guy into China or africa tends to turn him into a budding kkk member

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Do it ironically posted:

Liberal ideology has zero internal consistency and is barely pretending otherwise. It's just "our tribe versus your tribe." They don't actually give a poo poo about racism as a moral principle, they're just trying to root out Team Red versus Team Blue.

Same as when the right decides "states' rights" are sacrosanct in one issue, then suddenly irrelevant in another.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Liberals are trash that no true Leftist should tolerate

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
It's a shame they keep bombing children when there are folks who would be quite happy to eat all the nails they could come up with to maintain the illusion of tolerance, but I guess blowing up powerful wealthy people is too hard.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Nobody would cry a single tear if they blew up Davos or the Bohemian Grove or Burning Man

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I'd be a little bit upset if fyre was terrorismed, as it kind of defeats the purpose.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Relax, no one is going to improve fyre with nail bombs

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Psycho Society posted:

you're so stupid lol. different groups of people care about different things. and guess what? poverty and healthcare are completely irrelevant to rich people. rich people decide government policy.

they won't give a poo poo if a billion poors die to preventable diseases and hunger since it will never affect them ever, in any way. whereas their idiot daughter being exploded at a concert has a 0.0000000001% chance of happening but that chance is still infinitely more likely than losing healthcare lmao.

it's completely logical.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Zo posted:

you're so stupid lol. different groups of people care about different things. and guess what? poverty and healthcare are completely irrelevant to rich people. rich people decide government policy.

they won't give a poo poo if a billion poors die to preventable diseases and hunger since it will never affect them ever, in any way. whereas their idiot daughter being exploded at a concert has a 0.0000000001% chance of happening but that chance is still infinitely more likely than losing healthcare lmao.

it's completely logical.

so you're saying we should murder all the rich people and take their healthcare?

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Nobody would cry a single tear if they blew up Davos or the Bohemian Grove or Burning Man

Or any of those statutes of Klan members in the south, or the Alamo museum, or a Golden Corral, or any of the other conservative NuChrist worship centers

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Piss de Bundy posted:

so you're saying we should murder all the rich people and take their healthcare?

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jukebox Hero posted:

Or any of those statutes of Klan members in the south, or the Alamo museum, or a Golden Corral, or any of the other conservative NuChrist worship centers

You shut your gawd darn pie-hole about golden corral you son of a bitch. Fight me irl.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

This might be an unpopular opinion but I"m sad that these people died.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Jukebox Hero posted:

Are you retarded? There's like, one thing you're supposed to do with the Alamo, and you want to gently caress it up! What the hell?!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

blowing up burning man would just set off another endless debate and arguing over "well just cuz they were white and a little well off doesn't mean they deserve X Y Z"

now blowing up a wallstreet building and taking out a bunch of bankers, hachi motchi!!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FisheyStix posted:

Are you retarded? There's like, one thing you're supposed to do with the Alamo, and you want to gently caress it up! What the hell?!

We would just start writing "Remember the Alamo!" on all our bombs.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Piss de Bundy posted:

blowing up burning man would just set off another endless debate and arguing over "well just cuz they were white and a little well off doesn't mean they deserve X Y Z"

now blowing up a wallstreet building and taking out a bunch of bankers, hachi motchi!!

I can think of one thing that would convert most of the west to Islam and that has something to do with it.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Zo posted:

it's completely logical.

Yikes. No, rich people don't control every part of policy. The AHCA passed congress because a conservative majority was voted in, by americans. If we had voted in democrats (corrupt as they may be), we wouldn't be facing a rollback in quality of care that will lead to quantitatively more suffering if it passes the Senate.

As strange as it may seem, your choices do matter and they have very real repercussions for people who depend on things like affordable healthcare to survive.

And who do think I'm talking about? The conversations about what puts Americans (or Europeans) at risk isn't exclusive to the rich. Like what the honest gently caress are you even talking about

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot

Psycho Society posted:

This is what stood out to me, you have the Manchester police on Twitter making chilling statements like they're investing someone for saying "something must be done", making arrests for "sectatian language" on trains, and yet admitting support of ISIS and terror bombing is free speech? What the gently caress, Britain?

Im not even being a little hyperbolic when I say they think its okay because it'd be racist to stop it.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
guys racism is bad and also if you are non-white i will bend over backward to make excuses for things you do that if done by a white person i wouldn't think twice about criticizing.

but really, i swear i view all people as being created equal :downs:

islamists just need jobs.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm the guy that wouldn't criticize a white suicide bomber

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Streak posted:

i'm the guy that wouldn't criticize a white suicide bomber

well sir i think you should. my position is that suicide bombing is bad.

XxXCaptainNoxXxX
May 18, 2017

by zen death robot
23 Christians just got blown up on a bus in Egypt.

If I'm gonna get murdered for being non muslim in the ME I want it to go down by the beach where they cut my throat like they did those other dudes.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Secular Humanist posted:

guys racism is bad and also if you are non-white i will bend over backward to make excuses for things you do that if done by a white person i wouldn't think twice about criticizing.

but really, i swear i view all people as being created equal :downs:

islamists just need jobs.

No, if you start to disagree politically with them then the racism comes out full force

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Gonna assume ME means mass effect, and what can I say? Same

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

XxXCaptainNoxXxX posted:

23 Christians just got blown up on a bus in Egypt.

If I'm gonna get murdered for being non muslim in the ME I want it to go down by the beach where they cut my throat like they did those other dudes.

Aren't you supposed to try to convert infidels before blowing them up? These guys are doing this all wrong

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Psycho Society posted:

Aren't you supposed to try to convert infidels before blowing them up? These guys are doing this all wrong
Well, they converted them.
from human shaped things to a lot of things.
I think they took a leaf from the whole "let allah sort 'em out" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
You can't judge capitalism based on the abuses of a tiny minority of its practitioners. Capitalism is an ideology of prosperity.

• Locked thread