Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

F'realsthough Gooanna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

It lacks a water/ghost Harold Holt, sadly.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/867994807976591361

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DavidSharaz/status/867965985742966788

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
p. messed up to have two based on casks but no flagonmon

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Combatant posted:

Hey thread. I 100% checked out of Australian politics/news 3 months ago. Feels great.

Is human arrowroot biscuit Bill Shorten still labor leader by default?

You take that back. You loving take that back.

Arrowroot biscuits are really good and Bill Shorten is more akin to a dodgy knockoff family biscuit that has the flavor and texture of cardboard packaging.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
When your own arena hates you, lol.

https://twitter.com/MCourtArena/status/867679283841384448/photo/1

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Time to change the name to the Tina Arena Arena.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

:eyepop:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/nick__w/status/868006856429453313

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
A Catholic school in Melbourne's south east has threatened to bar students from a casual clothes day unless their parents sign letters opposing the Turnbull government's school funding changes.

The move has infuriated some members of the tight-knit St Elizabeth's School community, who have accused the Dandenong North school of political interference and intimidation.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Because using kids as political weapons never backfires spectacularly

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Is this going to be a thing or, more likely is it going to be swept under the carpet at lightspeed?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

gay picnic defence posted:

A Catholic school in Melbourne's south east has threatened to bar students from a casual clothes day unless their parents sign letters opposing the Turnbull government's school funding changes.

The move has infuriated some members of the tight-knit St Elizabeth's School community, who have accused the Dandenong North school of political interference and intimidation.

:magical:

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

I'm now of the opinion to ban all public tax payers money to go to any religious or private school. That's complete bullying of the kids, their parents and is disgusting. If you're parents don't sign the form, the ENTIRE CLASS gets punished.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Good old Christian values of exclusion and coercion.

Oh and public humiliation for whichever group becomes the class minority. Fun!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

DancingShade posted:

Arrowroot biscuits are really good and Bill Shorten is more akin to a dodgy knockoff family biscuit that has the flavor and texture of cardboard packaging.

Enjoy living in Blandville, grandma.

Btw, here's the pokemon dude's tumblr for proper png versions.

http://probertson.tumblr.com/

It's an avatar goldmine, including this masterpiece:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Combatant posted:

Enjoy living in Blandville, grandma.

Btw, here's the pokemon dude's tumblr for proper png versions.

http://probertson.tumblr.com/

It's an avatar goldmine, including this masterpiece:

These are all great and explaining them should be the real citizenship test.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Turns out that the NSW local council mergers forced by the NSW Liberals create super rich Liberal strongholds. [SMH] Who could have even suspected such a thing would have happened?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Dick Smith brand Dudroots.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Beautiful Daisy™ is the new dunk.

https://twitter.com/thomas_violence/status/868030439880966144

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cheap Trick posted:

Dick Smith brand Dudroots.

The Dick Smith brand became the dud root after a good flip by that investment group.

^Or someone chewing a nail while in front of a microphone.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Two things have made me patriotic in my life - the 2006 Australia vs Italy World Cup game and the Australian pokemon

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Byron Bay Superfoods wants to give that Whirlpool commenter a run for their money. [SMH]

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

If I decided to write a satirical piece on how lovely some businesses are to their workers, I honestly don't think I could make it any more comically more supervillain than this. Why would they treat someone so poo poo?

quote:

The commission found Mr Garang was unfairly sacked from Byron Bay Superfoods in northern NSW in August last year after he complained about being underpaid and insisted on being paid according to the relevant modern award.

I think we have a winner.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Mr Owies told Fairfax Media that he was "very disappointed" with the commission's judgment and would appeal. 

"This only hurts full-time employees in the future," Mr Owies said.

"We are not going to take on full-time employees. We'd prefer to have two casuals if we have to replace someone like that in the future."

Mr Owies said his company had fewer than 15 employees and had decided to make Mr Garang redundant because some of its products sold to Woolworths and Coles had been deleted.

"We are an entrepreneurial company and we are an innovator of world-class snack foods for the major retailers," Mr Owies said.

"It is a very competitive landscape in the Australasian region in the retail space and your product is only as good as it turns over on the shelf."

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Mr Owies is about to discover his comments and employment practises are about to significantly damage his brand.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

racing identity posted:

Two things have made me patriotic in my life - the 2006 Australia vs Italy World Cup game and the Australian pokemon

:same:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

racing identity posted:

um
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enzLc50uVj8

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The issue also is why aren't there laws against bosses throwing up their arms and saying I will hire casual instead?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Because that wouldn't be agile or disruptive.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Gave blood this morning and now attempting to eat so much food they ban me.

Please remember to donate if you can.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Why let facts and common decency intrude?

Post Manchester we are all getting tough on terror. I've just finished reading A Brief History of the Car Bomb by Mike Davis. Here is what a senior RUC officer had to say:

"This is not a military issue, it is a political issue. The major portion of the damage and death caused over the entire period of the troubles did not come from hand guns and rifles, from home made mortars, or even from Semtex explosive. It was caused by the fertilizer bombs which can be made by anyone with a schoolboy knowledge of chemistry. Two men with shovels can make up a thousand pound bomb in a Fermanagh cowshed and, if for some reason the operation has to be aborted, they can decommission it again, all within twelve hours. You can't decommission shovels. It's minds which have to be decommissioned."

Now while this is obviously dealing with some specifics of the IRA that isn't the ranting of a rabid leftish Greenie do gooder.

Not in Manchester:

http://www.latimes.com/world/middleeast/la-fg-iraq-mosul-airstrike-20170325-story.html

quote:

U.S. acknowledges airstrike in Mosul, where more than 200 Iraqi civilians died

The U.S.-led coalition in Iraq said it might be responsible for an airstrike in Mosul on March 17 that local civil defense officials said killed at least 200. Molly Hennessy-Fiske and W.J. Hennigan Contact Reporters

An initial investigation of a recent airstrike believed to have killed more than 200 civilians in Mosul found it was conducted by the U.S.-led coalition at the request of Iraqi security forces, the Pentagon said Saturday. Witnesses said the airstrike killed hundreds of residents on Baghdad Street in west Mosul’s Aghawat Jadidah neighborhood March 17, including many women and young children. On Friday, in an area where apartment blocks were reduced to rubble, at least 50 bodies could be seen, including those of pregnant women, children and newborns. On Saturday, a day after announcing that the incident was under investigation, Pentagon officials released a statement saying the coalition had targeted Islamic State fighters and equipment in the area March 17, “at the location corresponding to allegations of civilian casualties.”

The coalition said that it takes allegations of civilian casualties seriously and that a formal Civilian Casualty Credibility Assessment of the airstrike and the civilian toll is underway. “The coalition respects human life, which is why we are assisting our Iraqi partner forces in their effort to liberate their lands from ISIS brutality,” the statement said, using an acronym for Islamic State.<snip>
Where's their minute's silence?

This is relevant to Aus Pol because the US just asked for more Australian troops in Afghanistan. We are complicit in actions that seasoned veterans know will never lead to a reduction the threat of terror to our nation. We ignore the other path because it doesn't play as well in the electorate. Our politicians send our troops overseas because they are cowards and value their political hides over the lives of our service personal and our civilian targets.

-/-

In further patriotic news New Zealand out agile us by launching a sattilite:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39971843

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The IRA were white and hence imagined to be reasonable deep down.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/SharriMarkson/status/867944319998504960

She's getting a lot of support in the replies.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Yes I know that they're UK ministers

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Barely even scraping past a 2:1 ratio. Not even close to getting the 10:1 that poo poo head who talked about nearly dying listening to Ariana Grande.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

God drat, I just changed my av...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
We just killed a few hundred more civilians in Syria as well.

• Locked thread