Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ImpAtom posted:

From what I understand that also works on those watching the film.

Oh that's what I meant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

purple death ray posted:

he just makes everyone lowkey want to gently caress him

So Namor then?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Namor doesn't do lowkey.

Maybe during Dark Reign, when they were on the illuminati together.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

SonicRulez posted:

The better Aquamans do not call attention to the fact that he is "Aquaman". At the minute you acknowledge that the character is a joke, it's over. No matter how hard you work to fight against that, you've already admitted to me that nobody cares.

If you can't call attention to him being Aquaman, what's the point of being Aquaman? Besides, sometimes we get moments like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PRJnLBva3w&t=31s

E: I am aware that this video's title kind of proves a couple of people's points.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

howe_sam posted:

So Namor then?

This is one of my problems with trying to make Aquaman a sexy badass. That character already exists.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Namors not hot in the same casual way as Aquaman, like they're both Kings but Namor has a stick up his rear end about it. He's all "I am a true scion of Atlantis" and Aquaman is all "I've done plenty of sighin' in Atlantis too"

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's the dividing line between Aquaman being a good "badass" character and Aquaman being a bad "badass" character.

I know people like the Peter David Aquaman and Grant Morrison Aquaman and the DCAU Aquaman, who all go out of their way to try and "redeem" the character, but most people find the scowly "I don't talk to fish :mad:" Aquaman very aggravating. What sets the two apart?

IMO, a good badass Aquaman takes notes from Thor in the first Thor movie. He's confident, he's powerful, he's a huge goof, but also respectful when he senses he should be (think of that diner scene for a good example of this).

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They'll need to find an angle that differentiates him from "Thor, but wet".

Fond of musicals, maybe?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

His rousing song of Heroism

EDIT: I swear to god if Jason Momoa records a rousing song of heroism, I'll be over the goddamned moon.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Get Lin-Manuel Miranda in to re-write all of Aquaman's lines as a hip-hop musical. No other characters sing, but no one acknowledges that Aquaman does, simply carrying on conversations with him as normal.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Phylodox posted:

Get Lin-Manuel Miranda in to re-write all of Aquaman's lines as a hip-hop musical. No other characters sing, but no one acknowledges that Aquaman does, simply carrying on conversations with him as normal.

At three points during the film, Ocean Master pops in to comment on the action, singing in the style of Michael Bublé.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Phylodox posted:

They'll need to find an angle that differentiates him from "Thor, but wet".

Fond of musicals, maybe?

Do they though? Nightwing has gone for decades being the middle point between Batman and Spider-Man and most people love him for it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

http://splashreport.com/silver-and-black-story-details/

These are apparently the story details of the Sable / Black Cat movie. No Spider-Man, but it introduces Chameleon, Kraven, Scorpion, Tarantula, Robot Master, Jessica Drew and Norman Osborn. Basically cutting out a bunch of future sequel ideas for the MCU movies.

I'm guessing it's BS

quote:

“Here are some details about the story: Seven years after Mendel Stromm (a.k.a. Robot Master) and his two henchmen (The Scorpion and The Tarantula) killed her father, Silver Sable is hired by the government to find Felicia Hardy. The Black Cat, a master hacker and thief, has apparently stolen valuable secret information. She’s hiding in the lawless and dangerous triple frontier area between Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil.

Once there, Sable ask her old contact Dmitri Smerdyakov (a.k.a. The Chameleon) to locate her. But it seems, the government are not the only ones looking for the Black Cat. It seems Felicia had made a deal Stromm to save her father from a Russian prison and she’s been genetically enhanced. Now, the mad scientist wants his prized experiment back because his financier (cough Norman Osborn cough) wants a return on his investment.

There’s no appearance or mention of Peter Parker or Spider-Man.

Also in the story: Dominic Fortune, Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman), Roxxon Oil, Sergei Kravinoff (Kraven the Hunter), Lonnie Lincoln (Tombstone) and Charles Standish.”

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That seems a little packed.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Dacap posted:

These are apparently the story details of the Sable / Black Cat movie. No Spider-Man, but it introduces Chameleon, Kraven, Scorpion, Tarantula, Robot Master, Jessica Drew and Norman Osborn. Basically cutting out a bunch of future sequel ideas for the MCU movies.

I'm guessing it's BS

How would it cut out sequels for the MCU movies? Marvel studios has never owned Spider-Man film rights and still doesn't. They are just co-producing Homecoming and the Homecoming sequel.

Sony has already pretty much stated that after the Homecoming sequel they are taking Spider-Man back to being exclusive to Sony movies.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah it reads like fan fiction and normally would be completely ignored, but I could see Sony being incompetent enough to do it

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

How would it cut out sequels for the MCU movies? Marvel studios has never owned Spider-Man film rights and still doesn't. They are just co-producing Homecoming and the Homecoming sequel.

Sony has already pretty much stated that after the Homecoming sequel they are taking Spider-Man back to being exclusive to Sony movies.

I assumed that these movies would have no connection to the new Spider Man series, so those characters and Venom won't show up in future sequels.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

SonicRulez posted:

Do they though? Nightwing has gone for decades being the middle point between Batman and Spider-Man and most people love him for it.

You said it yourself, he's enough Spider-Man to be distinct from Batman, and enough Batman to be distinct from Spider-Man.

Also, he's never, ever going to be in a big budget movie.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Dacap posted:

I'm guessing it's BS

I think the weirdest part of this is the inclusion of Dominic Fortune. Has he ever been considered a Spider-Man character? Would Sony even have the rights to him?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I also believe Marvel has the rights to Jessica Drew.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

People don't love Nightwing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah but Sony has Ultimate Jessica Drew.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

People don't love Nightwing.

[citation needed]

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

purple death ray posted:

[citation needed]

How many Nightwing movies have there been?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Codependent Poster posted:

See I thought they definitely didn't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Like 3.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvmrP11yju8

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak posted:

OK so nobody liked Iron Man until 2008, and I can't wait until next week so I can finally like Wonder Woman

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

purple death ray posted:

OK so nobody liked Iron Man until 2008,

This is accurate.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nobody liked Psider Man until 2001

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Nobody liked Psider Man until 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryhn3m474DY

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Aquaman doesn't talk to fish. He telepathically mind rapes them like Kilgrave.

We should not be celebrating this man. Fish have feelings too.

"It's okay to eat fish
because they don't have any feelings"

-kurt cobain

Check and mate!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Phylodox posted:

Also, he's never, ever going to be in a big budget movie.

Batman and Robin?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Starius/status/868000722364878848

It's actually two screenings so it's twice as bad as the Holocaust.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My favorite part is that these are Tuesday June 6th showings. It's not even opening weekend.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
As someone who will never be able to watch WW unless it's on June 6th specifically at the Alamo Drafthouse three states away from where I live, how dare you.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

June 6th is the anniversary of D-Day so in addition to being Hitler it's also disrespecting our troops.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

zoux posted:

June 6th is the anniversary of D-Day so in addition to being Hitler it's also disrespecting our troops.

There's a karate dojo next to a grocery store near me that has a sign in the front window saying:

quote:

Monday, May 29th: All instructional classes with Sensei Mike are cancelled in honor of Memorial Day.

XXX Dojo and Sensei Mike encourage you to practice karate on your own during this time in remembrance of our fallen veterans.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/Starius/status/868000722364878848

It's actually two screenings so it's twice as bad as the Holocaust.

That has to be a parody account...right?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm afraid that parody and satire no longer exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

https://twitter.com/Starius/status/868168257320169472

nope

• Locked thread