Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
these intros are killing me

H.Queen: why do I always get the big guys?

S.Thing: because you have a big mouth

HQ: leave the humor to me, pal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Atorcitus needs this as gear.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

these intros are killing me

H.Queen: why do I always get the big guys?

S.Thing: because you have a big mouth

HQ: leave the humor to me, pal.

lol holy poo poo

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

New patch is out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

fadam posted:

New patch is out.

Notes?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Speaking of alternate designs for characters, I've noticed some inconsistencies in the Multiverse endings that seem to imply a constantly evolving visual style. Joker in particular looks pretty different in his ending. He has shoulder-length hair a'la Ledger's version, and lacks red lips (which kind of makes him resemble the Joker as he appeared in latter day BTAS episodes, post redesign ).

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Some of the in fighting dialog gets a little weird.

Deadshot: You're not bulletproof
Superman, maybe 10 seconds later: Did you forget I was bulletproof?

Well, I guess I did!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

It's in no way related to gameplay

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
I really don't see why they don't release more premium skins. They have a lot they could choose from (and bonus points if they get the actors to do the voices). I know the CW shows overall aren't that great, but I'd love to see a Stephen Amell Green Arrow, Melissa Benoist Supergirl, etc. Bonus points if they do the movies too (although I thought someone mentioned that they were going to do a Wonder Woman movie premier skin so maybe they're moving in that direction already).

Also, I have no idea what it's like for the developers once a major game like this comes out. I don't think they've had any emergency bugs or balance issues to squash, so assuming a smooth release, what are they working on now? I'd imagine most of their effort is going into the new DLC characters (but I would hope they'd spend some time on the TV/movie premium skins).

I wonder how long it takes to fully develop/balance a character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Wonder Woman tie in is gear, not a skin.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Where's Arrowette and the hairclip arrow??

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Melissa Benoist is absolutely the highlight of the Supergirl show, and I'd pay for a premium skin with her. I'd even use it over the Demon skin I'm currently using!

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
What is it with batman players that think they can win with only using the same move? They don't win against me, seriously it was like 5 batman's in a row.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

nunsexmonkrock posted:

What is it with batman players that think they can win with only using the same move? They don't win against me, seriously it was like 5 batman's in a row.

Because we're dumb, and it works more often than it doesn't.

My new favorite BnB has become 123, b23. It's the punch and juggle, then keeps them airborne with the batarang uppercut, and finally you put down an explosive and hit them low with it. I imagine you can do 132, 223, db1 as well, but I haven't tried yet.

Sdoots fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 26, 2017

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Like, how is swamp thing not utter poo poo? Sorry, that's really hyperbolic, what I mean is, 'on paper' what's his bag? It seems to me like he's slow and cumbersome, and normally in a Solomon Grundy / Zangief type that is made up for with strong command grabs, but with swamp thing he has one grab that's like, mediocre and has insanely sorry reach and no way to get in, and another grab that I've ever yet to see land, what's the deal with the vine grab? His special talent just seems like whatever it does (I cannot tell at all from the tool tips) could literally be "the opponent loses if they walk on it" and it would be weak?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
swamp thing has the green

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gaussian posted:

I really don't see why they don't release more premium skins. They have a lot they could choose from (and bonus points if they get the actors to do the voices). I know the CW shows overall aren't that great, but I'd love to see a Stephen Amell Green Arrow, Melissa Benoist Supergirl, etc. Bonus points if they do the movies too (although I thought someone mentioned that they were going to do a Wonder Woman movie premier skin so maybe they're moving in that direction already).

I'm sure they're going to put in more premier skins. There's no way they included so many Black Adam moves/costumes without planning a Shazam skin down the line.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

!Klams posted:

Like, how is swamp thing not utter poo poo? Sorry, that's really hyperbolic, what I mean is, 'on paper' what's his bag? It seems to me like he's slow and cumbersome, and normally in a Solomon Grundy / Zangief type that is made up for with strong command grabs, but with swamp thing he has one grab that's like, mediocre and has insanely sorry reach and no way to get in, and another grab that I've ever yet to see land, what's the deal with the vine grab? His special talent just seems like whatever it does (I cannot tell at all from the tool tips) could literally be "the opponent loses if they walk on it" and it would be weak?

That's basically my assessment. His trait does a small amount of damage over time and prevents the opponent from dashing or jumping, which is pretty strong, but basically the only way to get your opponent to stand on it is to do a short corner combo with d2 canceled to trait. If he has anything resembling a functional gameplan it's based around doing f233 a lot, occasionally canceling to the (really unsafe, possibly reactable) log kick instead for a surprise low. If you can bully your opponent to the corner with this then you become a real character.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Literally all anyone does in Ranked is wakeup slide, wakeup teleport, over and over and die. You should add me and play me instead, lol. If I recall, we had some good times in Inj1.

Fenn the Fool! posted:

That's basically my assessment. His trait does a small amount of damage over time and prevents the opponent from dashing or jumping, which is pretty strong, but basically the only way to get your opponent to stand on it is to do a short corner combo with d2 canceled to trait. If he has anything resembling a functional gameplan it's based around doing f233 a lot, occasionally canceling to the (really unsafe, possibly reactable) log kick instead for a surprise low. If you can bully your opponent to the corner with this then you become a real character.

Yeah, the goal as Swampy is definitely to walk them into the corner and trash their poo poo because he's hard to get away from at that point. Whether he actually has the toolkit to get most characters there reliably, I don't know, but he does do work once you get there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcO1YhsKmh8

Here's a bit of him being played effectively.

3 is -1 on block and pushes them rather far when they block it, random logs aren't a bad idea if you use F233 to convince them to eat it. You were saying earlier that you can't hit confirm F23 into MB BF3, but I felt like I was able to do it when practicing with him.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 26, 2017

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
After taking a while to get the hang of the game and after finally getting some time to play a decent amount, I would like to join the Dark Empire guild please

I am only a poo poo-tier scrub but I promise to contribute on the reg with my big beautiful handsome swamp boy

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

!Klams posted:

Swamp thing isn't top tier but he certainly isn't bad. F233 and B223 are both massively plus on block(and the f2 starter has monstrous range), b2 is a fairly quick mid with two different strings leading from it, and the trait you can combo directly into it from the corner forcing them to land in it, stuck. With the huge normals and fantastic anti air(stand 11) swampers controls the neutral game like few other characters can.

I have been learning swamp thing and I actually got two vids in the cooker for him that I should have ready by tonight or tomorrow.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

People spam the slide kick as Batman?

Why? That move always felt way too easy to punish compared to his other moves. I generally prefer to combo with the mb batarang or grapple.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Roth posted:

People spam the slide kick as Batman?

Why? That move always felt way too easy to punish compared to his other moves. I generally prefer to combo with the mb batarang or grapple.

Lot of people finding their legs in this game, only natural that people not as comfortable in fighting games gonna find their crutch and spam it.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

WarEternal posted:

If I recall, we had some good times in Inj1.

I think so, what was your psn username? mine was/is zombiesrock.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 26, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Darksied is

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

Swamp thing isn't top tier but he certainly isn't bad. F233 and B223 are both massively plus on block(and the f2 starter has monstrous range), b2 is a fairly quick mid with two different strings leading from it, and the trait you can combo directly into it from the corner forcing them to land in it, stuck. With the huge normals and fantastic anti air(stand 11) swampers controls the neutral game like few other characters can.

I have been learning swamp thing and I actually got two vids in the cooker for him that I should have ready by tonight or tomorrow.

Also BF3 is safe on block, so you can pretty much throw it out whenever and end blockstrings with it

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Swamp thing can hitconfirm of f23 pretty easy, I said that he can't hitconfirm if you're using the high/low to open them up. So, they block the f2 but get hit by the following overhead, you'd have to cancel straight into bf3MB if you want a combo and there ain't nobody hitconfirming that.

F233 is -2 on block. B223 is +6, but you're not close enough to threaten command grab or his glacial overhead.

His 11 is a pretty good AA, but I don't know how you force people to jump, all his ranged options are pretty awful. F2 is totally a great normal, but the best you get off of it is a high/low mixup that's either unsafe on block, low damage, or both.

He is legitimately scary if he gets you to the corner, but so are a lot of characters, it doesn't make up for how awful his options are midscreen.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

I wish I felt more comfortable with combos, I feel like a cheap rear end bitch going in to ranked and winning a handful of games as a zoning Superman.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Grem posted:

I wish I felt more comfortable with combos, I feel like a cheap rear end bitch going in to ranked and winning a handful of games as a zoning Superman.

Zoning is a perfectly viable play style though?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Norns posted:

Meh if they cant get around it, it's their fault for not knowing how to use their own character. (Just as long as when they get closes you know what to do to get them back away./_

:when it's 'zoning" I only hate the person when that;s all he know how to do, But I really want to practice with Poison Ivy But now I recognize usernames and I go straight to WW.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 26, 2017

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

Norns posted:

Yeah I understand why people think zoning is lame and all but this game has it in spades so you have to accept the fact that it's pretty clearly intended to be a big part of the game. If your opponent can't deal with you just doing the same 1 or 2 moves over and over, then they're playing the wrong game.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Norns posted:

It is but I feel super bad when a dude rocks a 20 hit combo and I wake up and blow him across the screen and stare him into oblivion.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Grem posted:

It is but I feel super bad when a dude rocks a 20 hit combo and I wake up and blow him across the screen and stare him into oblivion.

Your gimmicks are better than theirs. Stop feeling bad

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Between her sustained eye beams and her level 20 meter burn version of her bf3 move, Supergirl gets some really satisfying moves.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

My favorite thing about Supergirl's meter burn version of her trait is that it doesn't actually burn meter.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I made a deadshot rage quit earlier so I'm pretty happy with my anti-zoning game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Multiverse Boss Black Adam is a monumental rear end in a top hat, wow, completely unbeatable

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Calaveron posted:

Multiverse Boss Black Adam is a monumental rear end in a top hat, wow, completely unbeatable

AI black adams in general are pretty drat fucky. The trick is to do the opposite of what you'd do against any other character and stay in the air as much as possible, as most of the nasty stuff he does to you he does low. Doing jumping shots with harley, superman, or someone similar can do the trick.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Jimmy Hats posted:

AI black adams in general are pretty drat fucky. The trick is to do the opposite of what you'd do against any other character and stay in the air as much as possible, as most of the nasty stuff he does to you he does low. Doing jumping shots with harley, superman, or someone similar can do the trick.

Batman's my only level 20 character
What's the best way of getting high level motherboxes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

Calaveron posted:

Batman's my only level 20 character
What's the best way of getting high level motherboxes?

Do ai simulation battles online. Get your 5 wins. Then go to your battle log and delete the record of those 5 wins. Then do 5 more x infinity.

• Locked thread