Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/867758910882680832

This might have been a good poster without the hideous logo.

Nothing like dumping a bad Photoshop glow effect over hard drop shadows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Night Blade posted:

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/867758910882680832

This might have been a good poster without the hideous logo.

Nothing like dumping a bad Photoshop glow effect over hard drop shadows.

To be fair, it does look like a 90s throwback.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Anyone watching the thing on CBS?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

gotta wait two hours for the crap show

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just realized how hosed up it is that they're going to charge money for that Vega stage where he will have access to a new move set. But only if you own the DLC.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i am honestly confused as to why capcom keeps releasing these absurd dlcs that do not align with the desires of the fgc

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Rite Of Massage posted:

i am honestly confused as to why capcom keeps releasing these absurd dlcs that do not align with the desires of the fgc

japan doesn't believe in consumer input.

Or really employee input, other than some highups. Welcome to Japanese business!

To be fair Capcom is even worse at it than most other Japanese video game companies I think.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Episode was hilarious and there was some weird casual racism but the street fighter part was great.

There was a third player besides Poongko and Infiltration and all three of them just destroyed the contestants over and over again.

Watching Poongko looking super bored while wrecking with one hand was awesome.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Yeah, it was pretty good. I liked seeing the contestants hammer on the buttons like madmen, and especially the sour grapes of the team who could barely win with their opponent blindfolded (What's this nerd have to prove by beating up on a girl?! I hate games!!")

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Infiltration didn't play at all.

Also they gave them Saulabis to play on because they knew they would mash furiously and probably break something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abjf62vJRR4

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That one lady who couldn't win that hated video games with a passion was a complete joy to watch.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
they should have played a real korean game like tekken, this is like if they played soccer in the us

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
By the way, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to fight sticks but I'm thinking about buying one. Do you think the new Hori Tekken stick would be worth the price? There's a bundle with the mini Hori but I'd like to be able to have it resting on my lap.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AndyElusive posted:

That one lady who couldn't win that hated video games with a passion was a complete joy to watch.

I really wanted that team to lose super hard so I could enjoy someone crying over videogames. I might be a bad person, or I might've been conditioned to this by Chris G.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dias posted:

I really wanted that team to lose super hard so I could enjoy someone crying over videogames. I might be a bad person, or I might've been conditioned to this by Chris G.

We need another Salty Stick Smash.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Renoistic posted:

By the way, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to fight sticks but I'm thinking about buying one. Do you think the new Hori Tekken stick would be worth the price? There's a bundle with the mini Hori but I'd like to be able to have it resting on my lap.

Hori is good

id say just get a real arcade pro kai for 149 and save the cash

https://www.focusattack.com/fightsticks/complete-models/

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Also they gave them Saulabis to play on because they knew they would mash furiously and probably break something:
its probably because they were playing with koreans, saulabis are a korean thing

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Dias posted:

I was watching it last night while picking up a pizza and the sound was muted, so thanks to the subtitles I thought the whiny team was the one that lost. Later I rewatched it with audio and was disappointed.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Hori is good

id say just get a real arcade pro kai for 149 and save the cash

https://www.focusattack.com/fightsticks/complete-models/

Thanks, is there a difference apart from price and artwork?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

not really afaik, they both use the hori hayabusa stick and the kura buttons. you can swap em out for sanwas or seimitsus if you want but the hori ones are good too

also theres an xbox one version for the tekken stick. the rest are ps4/ps3/pc only

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

not really afaik, they both use the hori hayabusa stick and the kura buttons. you can swap em out for sanwas or seimitsus if you want but the hori ones are good too

also theres an xbox one version for the tekken stick. the rest are ps4/ps3/pc only

Cool, thanks. The prices are already really steep (170 bucks for the cheaper Hori where I live, 200 for the Tekken one) so that sounds good to me.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 26, 2017

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Really should have had LTG be the 'pro'.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Cat Machine posted:

its probably because they were playing with koreans, saulabis are a korean thing

I know that, but there hasn't been a new Saulabi stick in like 10 years and the grey cases were PS2 sticks. Everyone just uses Madcatz/Razer/Qanba and that's what everyone besides the contestants were using.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I know that, but there hasn't been a new Saulabi stick in like 10 years and the grey cases were PS2 sticks. Everyone just uses Madcatz/Razer/Qanba and that's what everyone besides the contestants were using.

Lol.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

FilthyImp posted:

Really should have had LTG be the 'pro'.

Would have been to easy. He would through a tantrum and not play if it were a mirror match.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AndyElusive posted:

Her teammate spewin' salt in the crowd was pretty great too.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

hiddenriverninja posted:

Episode was hilarious and there was some weird casual racism but the street fighter part was great.

were the contestants like "of course they win at video games, they're ASIAN!!!" or something?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Countblanc posted:

were the contestants like "of course they win at video games, they're ASIAN!!!" or something?

more like how they dealt with the taxi drivers/incidental people

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

video of the street fighter bit

https://vid.me/ZfAY

I guess infiltration was coaching or something and lol at the guy getting made at whoever that was for not letting the girl win

Poongko clearly has done practice playing 1 handed too

e: oh poo poo, one of the players was laugh, never forget :cry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xHmnCFjcQk

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 26, 2017

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Christ, Way of the Warrior is hot garbage

e: whoops, wrong thread

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

lamentable dustman posted:

video of the street fighter bit

https://vid.me/ZfAY

insanely funny

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
man that team with the girl playing were salty as gently caress.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wow they allowed TOO HOT FOR TV characters Mika and Laura?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
cbs doesn't care rofl

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

lamentable dustman posted:

e: oh poo poo, one of the players was laugh, never forget :cry:

Love how when Laugh starts to own Tara while blindfolded her Chad Smith lookalike husband starts to call Laugh an egomaniac who likes to beat up on girls. Ahaha what?!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ooooh man the salt

Edit: lol the guy who shows up late actually has a Gief it appears

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 26, 2017

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Love how when Laugh starts to own Tara while blindfolded her Chad Smith lookalike husband starts to call Laugh an egomaniac who likes to beat up on girls. Ahaha what?!

I really hope those two ended up getting the boot, having not seen this season...or more than like 2 episodes of the series period, they both seem insufferable........like she sounded like every woman who got pissy that I wouldn't let use her 3 year expired coupon on soda at Food Lion, and he sounded like the jerk rear end who gets kicked out of a sports bar for starting poo poo because someone supports the other team.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Wow, insufferable people on a reality show? You don't say.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Madmarker posted:

I really hope those two ended up getting the boot, having not seen this season...or more than like 2 episodes of the series period, they both seem insufferable........like she sounded like every woman who got pissy that I wouldn't let use her 3 year expired coupon on soda at Food Lion, and he sounded like the jerk rear end who gets kicked out of a sports bar for starting poo poo because someone supports the other team.

Sadly, I think Laugh started to feel bad. You can see how often he actually apologizes to her for crushing her mercilessly as she sits there dumbfounded and unable to grasp what's going on because of video games.

So after there is literally nothing they can do to Laugh to handicap him any further other than physically separating him from his stick, a guilt ridden Laugh throws her a gimme round. They end up making 3rd and moved on to the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

attackmole posted:

Wow, insufferable people on a reality show? You don't say.

That one guy went from zero to "how do you like that, you little bitch" pretty quickly