Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

1st AD posted:

Correct, Manny Pacquiao reads at an 8th grade level while Floyd can't read at all.
lol

I can't wait to drink beers and watch free fights on this Memorial Day weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bundt Cake posted:

in their prime they werent in the same class

Floyd at 130 was better than Pac at 130.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

GSP revealed why he needs so much time to fight. He has a minor eye injury that is healing, and the doctors told him that he shouldn't even spar until September. He also said the UFC knew about it when he signed, and he thought they shouldn't do the press conference with Bisping yet because the timeline for the fight would be so long, but the UFC insisted on it anyway, then tried to pressure him to fight in July. After the UFC pulled the fight, GSP decided to go public with what was happening.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/868199419400925184

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

kensei posted:

Oh, that was not a criticism of either guy, just amusing coaching advice. Serra was the unofficial coach of the Comeback season as you say, and he was also really good as a coach against Matt Hughes.

Matt Serra rules.

Matt Serra constantly making fun of an over serious, humorless Hughes was always great

"You look like you're taking a tinkle, rear end in a top hat"

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Rigel posted:

GSP revealed why he needs so much time to fight. He has a minor eye injury that is healing, and the doctors told him that he shouldn't even spar until September. He also said the UFC knew about it when he signed, and he thought they shouldn't do the press conference with Bisping yet because the timeline for the fight would be so long, but the UFC insisted on it anyway, then tried to pressure him to fight in July. After the UFC pulled the fight, GSP decided to go public with what was happening.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/868199419400925184

That kinda sounds like a stretch, maybe Dana was right when he implied GSP doesn't really want to fight ever again

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

chaleski posted:

That kinda sounds like a stretch, maybe Dana was right when he implied GSP doesn't really want to fight ever again

That..... kinda sounds like something the UFC would do. Like, exactly, to a T.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Rigel posted:

That..... kinda sounds like something the UFC would do. Like, exactly, to a T.

Yeah which part is unbelievable to you?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Hmm.. Got to say that after hearing from both sides I think the conclusion is clear:

GSP is scared, on steroids.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Steroids are often included in medicated eyedrops, yes.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Yeah which part is unbelievable to you?

The part where GSP implied that the UFC wanted him to ignore doctor's orders, for one, and the fact that the first excuse GSP gave to delay the fight was that he wanted to bulk up for 185. The UFC can be pretty lovely with how they treat fighters, but health seems to be the one thing they're (usually) good about. Not including the fact that every time GSP is ready for a comeback he finds a way to back out. The GSP-Bisping matchup was dumb as gently caress but it was likely to fall apart anyway.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Courtney Casey tested positive for elevated testosterone in competition.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

chaleski posted:

The UFC can be pretty lovely with how they treat fighters, but health seems to be the one thing they're (usually) good about.

It was pretty good when Dana White basically called Jose Also a pussy for delaying a fight due to injury. Definitely looking out for him. Of course that was before, when it was owned by guys who actually cared about the sport and not an agglomeration of random actors and NFL owners and agents, I'm sure it's better now...

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Sorry all, I won't be posting for the foreseeable future. I generated a sonic boom by trying to search for Courtney Casey on Wikipedia and destroyed my.computer.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CommonShore posted:

Courtney Casey tested positive for elevated testosterone in competition.

USADA is also going to ignore it because apparently Texas uses a lovely unsophisticated test and doesn't want to pay for a better one. She was only suspended by Texas for 3 months.

She was reportedly a little high for testosterone (not crazy high, but high), and USADA usually does a second test to see if the testosterone was normally produced and compares to the biological passport. I imagine USADA will probably surprise her with some random tests though.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
GSP and Bisping would have fought sooner with one functioning eye each, I don't see what the problem is

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
compillation of jose aldo defending takedowns https://streamable.com/0xxwt

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is there a ufc this weekend?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Gay Horney posted:

Is there a ufc this weekend?

There's a UFC fight night in Sweden on Sunday.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
First card in a while that's not worth a gdt

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

Owns. I like the Florian section where Rogan keeps talking about how Florian is making Aldo work with the takedown attempts while a Florian gets progressively slower and bloodier and less successful from one attempt to the next.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

big money big clit posted:

Owns. I like the Florian section where Rogan keeps talking about how Florian is making Aldo work with the takedown attempts while a Florian gets progressively slower and bloodier and less successful from one attempt to the next.

That fight is annoying because you keep hearing about how Aldo might gas! He might just gas.. Any second now. Same with the Mendez fight I think.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Tsyni posted:

That fight is annoying because you keep hearing about how Aldo might gas! He might just gas.. Any second now. Same with the Mendez fight I think.

The Hominick fight convinced Joe that Aldo had no gastank.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Sorry all, I won't be posting for the foreseeable future. I generated a sonic boom by trying to search for Courtney Casey on Wikipedia and destroyed my.computer.

miss u

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dan Didio posted:

The Hominick fight convinced Joe that Aldo had no gastank.

ive seen fine arguments that he slowed his pace down after that....

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Marching Powder posted:

it is crazy how easily he turned that one shot by Florian into having full mount

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

drat he was jacked back then

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Roy Nelson signing with Bellator was surprising to me because I had no idea he was a free agent and also hadn't seen anyone talk about him being a free agent because I assume no one actually gives a poo poo about Roy Nelson

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I almost want to look up the Bellator facebook page or what have you so I can see people praising this decision

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
UFC is trying to book Junior Dos Santos against that Francis Ngannow guy. The dude who punches hard. The guy who punches real hard and has been knocking out former HW champs recently. yeah. yeah we care about our athletes. here's your 50% off rebok coupon JDS thanks for the career

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bundt Cake posted:

ive seen fine arguments that he slowed his pace down after that....

He did, but the Hominick fight was still an outlier.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Can't believe the UFC is booking the guy who just fought for a title in a fight against someone who was able to knock out Andre Arlovski. The humanity

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Bubba Smith posted:

UFC is trying to book Junior Dos Santos against that Francis Ngannow guy. The dude who punches hard. The guy who punches real hard and has been knocking out former HW champs recently. yeah. yeah we care about our athletes. here's your 50% off rebok coupon JDS thanks for the career

Uh

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

If you think thats bad, get this: every single day the ufc tries to book multiple fights, knowing that the goal is for the two men to hurt the other till they can't continue.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
junior just got knocked out two weeks ago.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
And he got a 45 day medical suspension. It's not like they're throwing him back in there tomorrow.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Memento posted:

And he got a 45 day medical suspension. It's not like they're throwing him back in there tomorrow.

they might as well be, the fight is supposed to happen in August. That's way too soon of a turnaround for Junior after losing the way he did against Stipe. I mean maybe all the damage is already done from the Cain fights so it doesn't matter anymore, I dunno, I just like JDS and think he's setting himself up to get KO'd again. I would prefer he take time off and fight somebody who might not be so dangerous

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
JDS is 4th in the HW rankings, so he should be fighting someone in the top 5 or just outside of it. Who do you want him to fight that isn't "so dangerous"? It's heavyweight. Everyone at heavyweight hits like a freight train.

Maybe Travis Browne I guess? He still hits hard but gets boxed up by JDS pretty easily I'd say. Can't imagine the payday would be as good for fighting the 9th ranked guy as opposed to the 5th ranked.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The UFC finally moves into the last stage of it's increasingly complicated plan to murder Junior Dos Santos.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Germaine is now outright refusing to fight Cyborg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
burn that division to the ground and fire anyone who ever fought in it and cyborg.

• Locked thread