Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Snak posted:

I'm so glad I never played that game. That looks like the worst boss fight ever. Or that person is really bad at it.

you can tell they're bad because they're using the high defense armor that slows you down instead of running around bare chested and dodging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

you can tell they're bad because they're using the high defense armor that slows you down instead of running around bare chested and dodging

I mean, I quit watching when they died. Who uploads a video of the final boss fight + end credits, and the first 5 minutes is them failing to attack the boss and then dying, and then starting the fight over?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

precision posted:

akechi why do you think you are my friend

He's a pleasant boy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
some of these s.links are supes lazy

the tower. one of the most notorious, impactful of all the major arcana. a card which represents a vast and great cataclysm and upheaval. okay writers, whattaya got?

how about a kid who's really good at video games?

PERFECT. now do fortune.

psh. FORTUNE TELLER. pay me!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

akechi why do you think you are my friend

goro akechi just wants to live a quiet life

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

precision posted:

some of these s.links are supes lazy

the tower. one of the most notorious, impactful of all the major arcana. a card which represents a vast and great cataclysm and upheaval. okay writers, whattaya got?

how about a kid who's really good at video games?

PERFECT. now do fortune.

psh. FORTUNE TELLER. pay me!

Pretty good for a game from Winter 2014 imo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Snak posted:

I'm so glad I never played that game. That looks like the worst boss fight ever. Or that person is really bad at it.

Peace Walker is really when the series started going sour.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

All the MGS games own except probably portable ops which I haven't played

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

every dungeon in persona 4 is terrible so far but at least void quest had good music

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

every dungeon in persona 4 is terrible so far but at least void quest had good music

they all are yeah

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Kb+m Vanquish is everything I've dreamed of and then some. It probably makes the game too easy, cleared hard with 9 deaths in 3h.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

they all are yeah

You'd think they would be a little ashamed of their like procedurally-generated-looking hallways with square rooms and like minimize the time you spend in them but nope

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Supposedly the unlocked framerate in the Vanquish port makes it so enemies do 2x damage. Have more people tested it?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

You'd think they would be a little ashamed of their like procedurally-generated-looking hallways with square rooms and like minimize the time you spend in them but nope

Most of the floors are procedurally generated though

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/Hegelbon/status/868090424598171648

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Palpek posted:

My favorite Metal Gear thing is still Quiet being replaced with an Ocelot model for the rolling in the rain scene. Just remembering it makes me laugh, it should have been like that in the original.

Ocelot agrees with you :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

good stuff imo

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's the best game to play when you got the blues?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Locoroco

Also Katamari Damacy

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

GUI posted:

Supposedly the unlocked framerate in the Vanquish port makes it so enemies do 2x damage. Have more people tested it?

I got one shot by a Romanov charged shot, but I can't remember if that's normal or not.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Phantasium posted:

Locoroco

Also Katamari Damacy

Hmm. That's interesting.

If you're feeling a little sad, would you reach for sad music or happy music? I've never thought about it before, but I think sadder tunes build some kind of camaraderie or something in those moments.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

tap my mountain posted:

I got one shot by a Romanov charged shot, but I can't remember if that's normal or not.

Looks like it's legit, at least with enemy bullets, according to this Steam thread.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What's the best game to play when you got the blues?

kirby epic yarn

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Most of the floors are procedurally generated though

Yeah and it SUCKS

Everything about actually playing persona 4 is garbage but I like the parts where it's just people talking enough to get through the lovely gameplay

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm going to play HZD now. My twitch name is unclenintendo if anyone wants to watch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm going to whine here because I'm on vacation and just got extremely nauseous and cramped stomach for the first time in years. So now I'm laid out in my hotel room hoping this goes away by tomorrow.

At least I brought Wild Arms to entertain myself. :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah and it SUCKS

Everything about actually playing persona 4 is garbage but I like the parts where it's just people talking enough to get through the lovely gameplay

That reminds me of Saints' Row 2. None of the mini-games are actually fun to play, and nothing about the gameplay except driving actually feels good to do. But god drat it is that game fun.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah and it SUCKS

Thankfully Persona 5 has a bunch of pre-designed dungeons (though it also has a big procgenned one) and thus is much better to play. I don't really think that the writing is as good though...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Fallout 4 (PS4) good

I haven't played any of the others so I don't have anything to compare it to

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Fallout 4 (PS4) good

no

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

GUI posted:

This is probably false, since it would instakill you way more in god hard and most hits would send you right into emergency in hard.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Klaus Kinski posted:

This is probably false, since it would instakill you way more in god hard and most hits would send you right into emergency in hard.

its actually confirmed

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Fallout 4 (PS4) good

It's a G2F4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rev2 is a G5F5, if anyone was wondering

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I like the idea of Monster Hunter but Ive never had a group of friends to play it with which feels necessary

Im down

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
When the last monhun came out, I had never monhunned, and I had no friends, but the goon monhun discord channel was active 24/7 and I could always find ppl to play with.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
New CrowbCat video, this time comparing the E3 reveal of DOOM 2016 to the actual final release:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU6uZW-wKuQ

It's a great watch for two reasons:
1.)People complain about game companies knowingly tarting up their E3 footage and then downgrading for the final game, but Doom was the one time someone was honest and the final game was actual an improvement and people unilaterally bitched and moaned about how poor it looked compared to games that lied and got ton of hype.
2.)When the game came out and was great one of the ways people tried to justify being wrong was saying that the early footage was slow and clunky compared to the final game, but CrowbCat shows them side by side and they are literally exactly the same gameplay and animations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

It's a G2F4

More like G2F3 without access to the more insane pc mods.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lurdiak posted:

More like G2F3 without access to the more insane pc mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My friend convinced me to play Hero of the Storms, it's fun. I played DotA 2 a few times about five years ago, that's my background

Things I appreciate:
I'm a dummy who likes Blizzard's art style
The skill system is very intuitive
Not having to worry about a bunch of poo poo like items and consumables and stealing kills away enemy heroes or whatever
Games last ten to fifteen minutes
Playing co-op vs the AI means a sure but challenging win

Bad thing(s):
80% of the voices in the game are interchangeable dumb low gravelly demon voices

I don't know how long I'll keep logging in but it's good clean fun for now!

• Locked thread