Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If I can sic my dog on y'all qaeda militiamen I will buy f c 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

I can't find the tweet atm, but someone on twitter was crying about how Ubisoft didn't have the balls to make an FPS where you kill islamic extremists :lol:

Too bad there wasn't a hidden single player campaign in Far Cry 4 where you got to kill buddhist extremists and a drug cartel with your cool step dad Pagan Min

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

my fiance is a pretty vocal feminist and we're both pretty liberal so the idea of killing extremist christians with her in co op mode has me pumped.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

but they're just harmless good Christian white folk

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Missionary Positron posted:

I can't find the tweet atm, but someone on twitter was crying about how Ubisoft didn't have the balls to make an FPS where you kill islamic extremists :lol:

He could play COD 4 if he wants to do that.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bolow posted:

Too bad there wasn't a hidden single player campaign in Far Cry 4 where you got to kill buddhist extremists and a drug cartel with your cool step dad Pagan Min

Honestly with how your two quest givers went, Pagan was the good guy.

Option 1: Lady who wants to turn the country into a drug nation w/ child soldiers
Option 2: Dude who wants to bone a thirteen (twelve?? I forget) year old because he feels she is the physical manifestation of his god

Where the gently caress is option 3: Go back, have a nice dinner with Uncle Pagan, and purge the lands of these boneheads

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
maybe if you wait 10minutes like in far cry 2 or 3(whatever the one on the island was), pathet minh comes back and offers to let you purge the country.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Capn Beeb posted:

Honestly with how your two quest givers went, Pagan was the good guy.

Option 1: Lady who wants to turn the country into a drug nation w/ child soldiers
Option 2: Dude who wants to bone a thirteen (twelve?? I forget) year old because he feels she is the physical manifestation of his god

Where the gently caress is option 3: Go back, have a nice dinner with Uncle Pagan, and purge the lands of these boneheads

Option three is what happens if you wait for Pagan to come back and eat the crab rangoon.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Pesticide20 posted:

Option three is what happens if you wait for Pagan to come back and eat the crab rangoon.

Oh I know, but then the credits roll and you don't actually get to play that angle :(

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I have loved the reactions of people going "WOW TALK ABOUT ANTI REPUBLICANS THE GAME"--so, you're saying that apocalyptic cultist militias are what you identify with, as a Republican?

vains
May 26, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Oh I know, but then the credits roll and you don't actually get to play that angle :(

is that a joke in every far cry? wait through the opening expository sequence with the antagonist and the credits roll?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

is that a joke in every far cry? wait through the opening expository sequence with the antagonist and the credits roll?

no?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnCed-hb53E

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

If only you actually got to shoot some god damned guns with him.

vains
May 26, 2004

i'm pretty sure in whatever farcry was on the island you can just wait and the guy sends you home.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So Far Cry is pretty much pre-release outrage: the game

Far Cry 1 - Not really controversial, maybe caught the tail end of the violence in video games thing

Far Cry 2 - Wah you're a white man killing brown men in Africa

Far Cry 3 - Wah you're a white man killing endangered animals and pacific islanders

Far Cry 4 - Wah you're a white man killing endangered animals and asians and there's a bad thing on the cover

Far Cry 5 - Wha you're a white ma...no wait this game is all about TRUMP hate and hate against christians and MUH COUNTRY

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
ajay ghale was not white you simp

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Far Cry 1 had those stupid monster things though

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2AgFecNaks

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ajay ghale was not white you simp

eh he was born there but he's american enough

or just go with cultural appropriation as our avatar in the game

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Far Cry 4 gave us the goon who hated the game for making him kill an endangered species in polygon form.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

cowboy elvis posted:

Far Cry 4 gave us the goon who hated the game for making him kill an endangered species in polygon form.

Wait, what?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea it was a dude who didn't like having to kill bengal tigers in the game. It was a hilarious post.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
some dude had a melt down over being forced??? to kill a videogame bengal tiger or something lmao

i think he said it even made him physically ill but I could be making that part up its been awhile

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

cowboy elvis posted:

Yea it was a dude who didn't like having to kill bengal tigers in the game. It was a hilarious post.

yeah trying to find the original post. It's referenced a lot, and always funny.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
PLAYER UNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS : THE ULTIMATE LIFE & DEATH FIGHT aka I crashed my bike in a stupid dirt field.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Been playing some Rising Storm again since the servers are full of players that got the game for free. It's a ton of fun banzai rushing with a grenade and getting two or three panicking Americans

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

cowboy elvis posted:

Honestly I don't like killing cats in games but on the other hand in Far Cry and Red Dead Redemption and other such games those fuckers are player seeking land shark missiles so gently caress it, rules of nature

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
https://twitter.com/richarddoomed/status/867796635849416704

:discourse:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

some dude had a melt down over being forced??? to kill a videogame bengal tiger or something lmao

i think he said it even made him physically ill but I could be making that part up its been awhile

Not surprising, kind of surprised there wasn't more of this. Look at all the dumb poo poo nerds go "really makes you think" over. Spec ops the line, bioshock, etc.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

PLAYER UNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS : THE ULTIMATE LIFE & DEATH FIGHT aka I crashed my bike in a stupid dirt field.

That thing is a loving death trap. Here's a quick dirt bike license exam:

1. After getting SICK AIR, you will
A. Land safely.
B. Die from falling damage.

Answer: B. Every. loving. Time.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

iKon posted:

That thing is a loving death trap. Here's a quick dirt bike license exam:

1. After getting SICK AIR, you will
A. Land safely.
B. Die from falling damage.

Answer: B. Every. loving. Time.

The added "air controls" are the greatest, because it gives you that false sense of security where you think you'll be fine going over a jump, because surely now you can control the bike and easily land that jump. You won't. You'll just die.

Still fun though and I'll continue to get on the bike because I like to live dangerously.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
At least that way you'll go out with the dignity of having turned yourself into chunky tomato paste rather than become someone else's pincushion.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Pesticide20 posted:

The added "air controls" are the greatest, because it gives you that false sense of security where you think you'll be fine going over a jump, because surely now you can control the bike and easily land that jump. You won't. You'll just die.

Still fun though and I'll continue to get on the bike because I like to live dangerously.

I had a proverbial treasure goblin practically deliver himself on a silver platter in front of me on one of those things. Dude ramps off a rocky outcropping like 20ft from me and falls off his bike and I drop him in 1 shot. He's got a lvl3 helmet a barely damaged level3 vest, a shitload of meds and an ar suppressor.

Thanks dude.

Also whoever Warcrimes_SA is I shot your UAZ and watched you fat finger f and roll out of the car and die to the zone :laugh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This took a disgusting amount of raw material to build

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
ATOMIC BOMB?!

Holy poo poo, I need to jump up to 0.15.

e: And update my artillery mod to fire nukes. :stare:

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 27, 2017

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Bolow posted:

I had a proverbial treasure goblin practically deliver himself on a silver platter in front of me on one of those things. Dude ramps off a rocky outcropping like 20ft from me and falls off his bike and I drop him in 1 shot. He's got a lvl3 helmet a barely damaged level3 vest, a shitload of meds and an ar suppressor.

Thanks dude.

Also whoever Warcrimes_SA is I shot your UAZ and watched you fat finger f and roll out of the car and die to the zone :laugh:

I just did the rookie move of getting shot in my buggy - swerving into a tree and then getting shot to poo poo.

More less like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJU2cz9ytPQ

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My game of the year is still Doom. Don't care it was a 2016 release.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Naked Bear posted:

ATOMIC BOMB?!

I warn you that it is far down the tech tree and it is not cheap to research or build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

cowboy elvis posted:

My game of the year is still Doom. Don't care it was a 2016 release.

Mine is still HZD closely tied with PUBG. Doom was Mos Def my GOTY2016.