Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ballz posted:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/868256213582196738

So umm... if I were Jared I'd be considering an extended vacation in the Swiss Alps right about now.

You guys who think rich and powerful people end up in jail for stuff like this in america are cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
loving Erdogan

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/868216495628845058

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

mcmagic posted:

You guys who think rich and powerful people end up in jail for stuff like this in america are cute.

To be fair, we've never really tested this theory against high treason, have we? I mean, I'm sure rich and powerful people in America have committed treason, but never so sloppily as this.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Lol, that Reuters article has a great non-denial

Reuters posted:

U.S. President Donald Trump’s son-in-law and close adviser, Jared Kushner, had at least three previously undisclosed contacts with the Russian ambassador to the United States during and after the 2016 presidential campaign, seven current and former U.S. officials told Reuters.

Those contacts included two phone calls between April and November last year, two of the sources said. By early this year, Kushner had become a focus of the FBI investigation into whether there was any collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin, said two other sources - one current and one former law enforcement official.

Kushner's attorney, Jamie Gorelick, said Kushner did not remember any calls with Kislyak between April and November.

"Mr Kushner participated in thousands of calls in this time period. He has no recollection of the calls as described. We have asked (Reuters) for the dates of such alleged calls so we may look into it and respond, but we have not received such information," she said.

I do not have any independent recollection of that, Senator

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

On a similar note.

When W was thought to be the smarter Bush bro.

I think he might be the smarter Bush bro.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/868274483680997376
Is... Is this good news?
I can't parse good news anymore :ohdear:

this is gonna get more news play than erdogan's bodyguards literally assaulting americans in DC

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/jason_howerton/status/868272290475257857

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember when most of us thought that Jared was the intelligent one among Trump's inner circle? Fun times.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's a non-zero chance that Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions are going to make a big show of deporting a NBA player to their home country to become a political prisoner to a tyrant that this Administration has opened channels to.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

STAC Goat posted:

There's a non-zero chance that Donald Trump and Jeff Sessions are going to make a big show of deporting a NBA player to their home country to become a political prisoner to a tyrant that this Administration has opened channels to.

They haven't deported Gulen, they're not going to deport Kanter, either.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/NoahCRothman/status/868277548064624640

:laffo:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Cabbit posted:

To be fair, we've never really tested this theory against high treason, have we? I mean, I'm sure rich and powerful people in America have committed treason, but never so sloppily as this.

Turns out it's not technically treason unless we are at war.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

To bad not literal.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I know nothing matters, but at some point it will matter. It just might take awhile.

Ice Phisherman posted:

It won't be destroyed. It'll just continue to shrink. At some point they'll try to win with the numbers they have and just find that they won't be able to win because the people that existed ten years ago have a big chunk of them dead and millennials are not voting republican enough to matter.

I'm pretty sure that at some point the republicans are going to try and absorb the libertarian party in order to get an injection of fresh blood rather than trying to reform on their own. They'll learn nothing from the experience. Only repackage what they currently deliver now but pay lip-service to the party they devoured as well.

The GOP will continue to shrink until Democrats do something bone-headed and leave that party. This is a nearly a zero sum game. Any voters who don't vote one side will vote the other.

Or maybe hipsters will resurrect the Whig party.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pakled posted:

They haven't deported Gulen, they're not going to deport Kanter, either.

In fairness, Flynn tried.

But I did say "non-zero" chance. I'm not actually in the "all hope is over, all terrible things are happening, civil rule is dead" camp. So I was 99% joking. Its the 1% of the overall Turkey situation I'm just still swallowing.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 27, 2017

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I doubt that this is going to happen.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

BarbarianElephant posted:

Turns out it's not technically treason unless we are at war.

Are we still at war with concepts? I imagine we've declared Russia a state sponsor of terrorism at some point in the last sixteen years.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ballz posted:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/868256213582196738

So umm... if I were Jared I'd be considering an extended vacation in the Swiss Alps right about now.

This might matter, but it will be a long while until we find out if it does.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Franks Happy Place posted:

Do you think whoever is leaking this poo poo is going to stop until Trump is stopped?

More importantly: do you think the loving Russian ambassador's phonecalls to Moscow is the only good poo poo these Deep State leviathans have access to? If you're leaking that stuff it almost certainly means the NSA is involved, which pretty much means they have access to every dirty deed these idiots have ever done.

Normally a leak like that would be a shot across the bow, but Trump is too Trump to ever stop doing whatever he wants. So I predict this eventually ends with an itemized list of every rentboy Jeff Sessions has employed being posted to the US Parks Service website by Bizzaro Snowden 2.0.

Let's put this another way:

Trump has pissed on the FBI repeatedly in just the last few months, and he's probably been on their radar for years/decades due to his wealth and prominence.

The FBI had a 17,000 page file on MLK jr that they put together over several years. The FBI would've been collecting info on Trump for decades and as soon as he first mentioned running for office years ago that would've ramped up. As soon as he actually filed to run for POTUS he'd have become a high, if not top, priority. If the FBI doesn't have a several thousand page file on Trump just from when he started running for POTUS I'd be amazed. They collect everything and toss in the NSA/CIA or other agencies and there's very little about Trump and his activities they won't know or have the information to get them started on digging up.

PhazonLink posted:

On a similar note.

When W was thought to be the smarter Bush bro.

After last year's primary season I'd say he is still the smarter of the two. As dumb as he was he could at least pretend to be a folksy idiot at times and not just an unfiltered moron like JEB!?!?! was.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Krispy Kareem posted:

I know nothing matters, but at some point it will matter. It just might take awhile.

The GOP will continue to shrink until Democrats do something bone-headed and leave that party. This is a nearly a zero sum game. Any voters who don't vote one side will vote the other.

Or maybe hipsters will resurrect the Whig party.

That'll be the Mhustache party

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Yeah, uh this is not going to turn out well.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Am I going insane? Is this official really this obviously loving stupid?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

🤔, projected into a Klein bottle

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Cabbit posted:

This isn't high treason, it's stupid treason.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Let's put this another way:

Trump has pissed on the FBI repeatedly in just the last few months, and he's probably been on their radar for years/decades due to his wealth and prominence.

The FBI had a 17,000 page file on MLK jr that they put together over several years. The FBI would've been collecting info on Trump for decades and as soon as he first mentioned running for office years ago that would've ramped up. As soon as he actually filed to run for POTUS he'd have become a high, if not top, priority. If the FBI doesn't have a several thousand page file on Trump just from when he started running for POTUS I'd be amazed. They collect everything and toss in the NSA/CIA or other agencies and there's very little about Trump and his activities they won't know or have the information to get them started on digging up.

Yes, but Trump is a rich white conservative guy. MLK ... wasn't.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

The letter W, followed by a hat.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So the spin is "he tried but they thought he was crazy and said no, so its all good"?

I mean, I guess it tracks with the spin of "if Donald Trump was really colluding would he make it so obvious?"

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Possible sources of that quote:
* Trump
* Kushner himself
* Ivanka
* Bannon, looking to frame him

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Filthy Hans posted:

Remember when Bannon was considered the puppet master, the king maker, the man who whispered alternative facts into the president's ear, the one who stayed on top by turning them all against each other and winning the game of thrones?

I fell for that narrative hook, line, and sinker

I still remember thousands of years ago when Bannon wrote himself into the NSC and wrote out the Joint Chiefs, and the massive direct authority Trump gave him to negotiate with Congress during the first pass at health care repeal. I know it's lost to the swirling mists of time but some of us old timers still sit around the fire and trade stories about it. :corsair:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Isn't bad to mess with SPORTS?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tayter Swift posted:

* Trump
* Kushner himself
* Ivanka

"Complicit? I don't know what that means. But if 'complicit' means trying to open lines of communication with foreign governments in secret and lying about it in government forms all to make America great, then yes, my husband is complicit."

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

PhazonLink posted:

Isn't bad to mess with SPORTS?

"Basketball is a sport that's only popular with those people though" -Sessions, probably

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Tayter Swift posted:

* Trump
* Kushner himself
* Ivanka

Sounds like a Conway quote to me

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

Remember when Bannon was considered the puppet master, the king maker, the man who whispered alternative facts into the president's ear, the one who stayed on top by turning them all against each other and winning the game of thrones?

I fell for that narrative hook, line, and sinker

Initially read this as "Barron". That's the twist we really need

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I refuse to believe these people cannot be undone.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ice Phisherman posted:

At some point they'll hit a critical unsustainable point.

And at that point, Hispanics become 'white people' like the Irish did. If they can pull off even marginal success in that then demographic concerns will be nullified for decades.

https://i.imgur.com/gyIB8T1.gifv

BarbarianElephant posted:

Yes, but Trump is a rich white conservative guy. MLK ... wasn't.

Trump is a rich white guy who for years has had to rely on foreign investment for his business dealings. The IC won't give that the same amount of scrutiny as a major civil rights figure but they'd absolutely be keeping tabs on it, and when he announced his candidacy he'd be a very high priority for them to dig in to. If they don't have thousands of pages of info on Trump (and thousands more on the rest of his hosed up family) I'd be truly amazed. They have hundreds of pages even on small time cult leaders most people have never heard of. They're going to have tons on actual people who matter because it's their job to do so.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

That has to be a Trump quote. No one else could say something so obliviously incriminating.
Edit: Ok I guess it could be Conway too.

https://twitter.com/AnnaKendrick47/status/868288850090536960

Anna Kendrick is suddenly my favorite Hollywood libtard :swoon:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 27, 2017

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

They really are the dumbest criminals. No wonder their base loves them so much.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

So what are the odds Puerto Rico becomes a state? Cause I am reading that there is a really big push for that right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
"Hey guys, if I rob this bank of all it's money then it really isn't a bank then. How could I commit bank robbery in a not-a-bank?!?!? Haha got ya!!!! Hey, wait, why are you putting handcuffs on me?!?!?"

• Locked thread