Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anyone with taste knows the correct choice is Baiken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pooken

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

chumbler posted:

Anyone with taste knows the correct choice is Baiken.

Baiken is half the woman Elphelt is. Or at least a quarter less, literally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doing big damage with baiken feels kinda tricky. I haven't grasped the timing on the jump cancels off the tatami launchers, I always wind up stuck on the grind doing far slash :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/868145985871953921

e: I hope they fix the loving bee levels from crash 2

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

I'm still amazed at how G.G. REV2 looks like it's all handrawn. I love the finishers. I probably played Faust the most because I like how outright insane his moves are.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Crash at a reasonable framerate seems wrong.

Also the games were always bad.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I guess those games will be all right as filler until Knack 2 comes out

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Everything looks far too clean and sterile and that water looks like how they did fog in the PS1 era, minus the ripple effects they added.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've never played a Crash game or really seen one in action, but that looked pretty bad? Six minutes of the exact same challenge? Also couldn't they have made it so that the apples gravitate towards you? The player there skipped a bunch because yeah, it's tedious having to stop your momentum and stand still for an extra second

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think it's great how atlus said "hey you know how the school beach trip is always fun in these games? what if... it wasn't?"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, what's up

It's my birthday :confuoot:

I'm hoping it is a drama free day today. I don't need much else in life so if I can at least have that, I'll be "happy"

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi everybody, what's up

I'm hoping it is a drama free day today. I don't need much else in life so if I can at least have that, I'll be "happy"

Happy birthday friend!
It always brightens my day a little when I see you post. From my perspective on the forums you seem like a genuinely nice guy and it's always nice to see that.

Also, geminis rule.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

So Vanquish was really good. Just finished the story and I will probably do the challenges soon.

The gameplay was really fun once I figured it out. Losing upgrades when you died was a pretty punishing mechanic but I got over it.

The story was eh. I didn't really care about the characters, nothing memorable compared to Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nasgate posted:

From my perspective on the forums you seem like a genuinely nice guy and it's always nice to see that.

if not a genuinely nice guy then at least someone who is motivated enough to get the gently caress up and do things himself, like shutting off the neighbor's long-forgotten generator

being able to get poo poo done because it needs to be, that's a respectable trait

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i sincerely wish persona 5 had given me an option to start the game with max social stats. disable trophies i don't care, i doubt i'll have time for NG+ (because i hear the fast forward doesn't even go that fast). with the addition of books and video games it's super annoying to also have to waste time doing something that isn't fun.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi everybody, what's up

Happy birthday! Any special plans?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
persona 6 needs to have a "character creator" that gives you a few points to start out with so if you want to you can start out as The Smartest Boy and never waste a time slot studying

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nasgate posted:

Happy birthday friend!
It always brightens my day a little when I see you post. From my perspective on the forums you seem like a genuinely nice guy and it's always nice to see that.

Also, geminis rule.

I just try to be a decent person, it's weird that that is apparently something that people feel they should praise me for

The White Dragon posted:

if not a genuinely nice guy then at least someone who is motivated enough to get the gently caress up and do things himself, like shutting off the neighbor's long-forgotten generator

being able to get poo poo done because it needs to be, that's a respectable trait

hahahaha I don't do poo poo. The only reason I did that is because I was afraid of my fiancee and my cats dying. Also, speaking of said neighbor, my fiancee was working for him for a while but she just got fired because he doesn't like that she can only work there part time and that she has another, better paying job elsewhere that actually pays her on time and trains her in what she's supposed to be doing and stays in contact with her instead of just disappearing and avoiding paying her like this guy was doing. Also, he got another electrical shutoff notice so I told my fiancee to hang it up over the playboy pinup in his office so he'd look at the nipples and instead see the notice and maybe actually pay it instead of letting it shut off and go with running a generator again. Also also, apparently one of his employees (who also has trouble getting him to actually pay him) ended up telling him flat out not to run that generator indoors on the day that that whole thing happened, but after said employee left, the neighbor just pushed the generator indoors and closed the shop up and left it like that. Fucker.

Guy Mann posted:

Happy birthday! Any special plans?

Yeah. Hope that my mother doesn't try to reach out to me. That's about it. If that happens, it'll be a good day. It's likely she'll try to reach out to me but I can only hope she doesn't. Other than that, idk. Might head down to the aforementioned dumb neighbor to try to get my fiancee's final pay from him in addition to some pay for me for helping out a little down there because my fiancee's birthday is coming up on the 14th of June and there are a couple of things I want to be able to get her that I have no means of getting her otherwise.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
"Hey kite happy birthday, always nice to see you post, you're always so nice and positive, what're you doing for your birthday?"

"I hate my mom I hope she doesn't contact me I don't want to deal with her I hate her I'm scared"

""

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Nah you're cool Kite. I hope your birthday goes smoothly. Also I sent you a friend request on Steam because I guess I don't have you friended already.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess those games will be all right as filler until Knack 2 comes out

Please stop this awful attempt at comedy.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

playing p5 and loving it is what inspired me to try 4 and tbh while i like a lot of the characters in 4 the plot in 5 is more interesting 2 me

P5's themes and plot and everything are a lot better imo and really relevant politically in a way most video games never are

But the characters in 4 felt like an actual group of high school friends in a way 5 didn't really capture.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Quest For Glory II posted:

the child robot in va-ll hall-a is as bad as people have said

she's only going to get worse fyi

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Finished the story of Injustice 2, now getting creamed in online games. Think I'll sell this one on.

Edit: its 2017 and people still disconnect in fighting games just before losing.

Macarius Wrench fucked around with this message at 13:13 on May 27, 2017

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Macarius Wrench posted:

Edit: its 2017 and people still disconnect in fighting games just before losing.

Happens in FIFA, CoD, NBA... My win ratio! :argh:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why don't fighting games just count disconnects as losses? That's how plenty of other online games do it. Am I missing something here?

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 27, 2017

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite posted:

"Hey kite happy birthday, always nice to see you post, you're always so nice and positive, what're you doing for your birthday?"

"I hate my mom I hope she doesn't contact me I don't want to deal with her I hate her I'm scared"

""

Eh you're a pleasant but depressed dude. At least you're not a mean and depressed dude like basically everyone else. Happy birthday, kite person. :cheers:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Macarius Wrench posted:

Finished the story of Injustice 2, now getting creamed in online games. Think I'll sell this one on.

FGs are definitely not the genre to get into if you want to maintain a high opinion of your skill at video games.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Everybody's Golf is good fun but it looks like no one is playing Turf War :smith:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Aaaand there's no way to back out of the Turf War lobby without quitting the game, as far as I can see.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There were people playing it yesterday but I guess that was yesterday. Good chance that only 9 holes in the beta won't hold people's attention for long, it least there's only a couple of months until the game is out.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I've never played a Crash game or really seen one in action, but that looked pretty bad? Six minutes of the exact same challenge? Also couldn't they have made it so that the apples gravitate towards you? The player there skipped a bunch because yeah, it's tedious having to stop your momentum and stand still for an extra second

Crash 3 is a lot of fun but yeah I don't know why they chose that level

also they went pretty slowly because they were trying to break all the boxes but every level has time trials which I always really enjoyed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l65YCzCVA1E

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Andrast posted:

Why don't fighting games just count disconnects as losses? That's how plenty of other online games do it. Am I missing something here?

When games do that people butch and moan thst they're being unfairly punished for connection errors.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Saint Freak posted:

Also it is a constant and painful reminder that Elphelt is not my real wife.

https://twitter.com/Dusekar/status/830948121295347712

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Crash at a reasonable framerate seems wrong.

Also the games were always bad.

Crash Team Racing is the best kart racer of the 90s

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Happy birthday, Kite. I hope you get to do stuff you enjoy and look back and say "Hell, that was a pretty good birthday."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It might be time for me to pick up a new game for when I can't stream. Starting my PS4 experience with The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne is tough because so many games pale in comparison.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Happy birthday kite.

Also, Crash 1 is still really good imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I just remembered I haven't finished Phantom Hourglass, I am going to play it.

• Locked thread