Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
it goes away. Man this game is crashing all the loving time for me again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
There's definitely something different about knockouts lately. I'm seeing people repeatedly go from standing upright to dead with no knockout stage. It feels like maybe there used to be a small period of invulnerability during the knockdown animation itself, but that seems to be completely gone now.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
I picked this up Thursday, and managed to hit 2cd twice now. First time I thought I was clever and punched a hole into a door and chucked a pineapple. Ate my own grenade after I lost track of it. The second time, I ran over #3, jumped out of the car while it was still moving to shoot at #1 and, as physics would have it, my character either bailed out through the windshield or crawled out of the hood like some nightmare and the car ran me over. I'm pretty sure I could hear #1 dying from choking on his tongue. I will point out, I got that car when someone else jumped out of the fucker after failing to run me over, and it ran him over as well. So I guess I should have learned but I figured what happened to him obviously couldn't happen to me, I'm special.

Game is a ton of fun, but there seems to be some weird rear end poo poo lag going on. I've snuck up on people with the frying pan to bean'm and it works perfectly sometimes, then others, I could be standing right behind this guy swinging like mad and nothing connects. Or the time where some guy ran out of ammo, and starting punching at me, I cut loose with my shotgun, full auto uzi, and pistol and saw blood hits, but he just punched me to death and there was nothing I could do to kill him. Another incident where I was camping this 2 foot tall bush like a pro out in the middle of this empty field, and this guy running by gets close enough (like spitting distance if you're good at spitting) that I figure a full mag of uzi should make quick work of him. NOPE, but, on the bright side, he had no loving clue that a bush tried to kill him and just ran off while I dropped the gun in frustration. (I decided that I'd take a really quick piss break to get a beer, come back and the second I sit down and put my headphones on, I hear a car and get flattened. I nearly died laughing.)

Other than the basic issues, game is pretty fun, I'll have to join goons here to see what duo and teams are like. (can you tk?)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
:stare:

https://i.imgur.com/DYm1Gxi.mp4

https://fat.gfycat.com/PointedWateryBlackpanther.webm

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:01 on May 27, 2017

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Considering ranked matchmaking is on their to do list id say it's 100% anecdotal and there isn't matchmaking unless they list it as a feature.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Grimmmz jumped from that roof to the warehouse roof and then shotgunned a guy through a hole in the roof.

I never would have thought to try that and it was savage as gently caress.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/1eQVGIf.mp4

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I ran into a house my teammate had claimed at the start of the round. I nabbed a level 3 helmet and level 2 backpack and a shotgun. He didn't get anything else from the house apart from a redbull and a pistol. He then told me to drop the loot that was rightfully his and called me a thief and a scoundrel, and I spewed out the "think of it as shared items, it's not about personal gain, it's about team gain. Me grabbing this stuff increases the strength of our group as a whole. Singly, we are weak, but together, we form a mighty human being". He then shot me in the head. Good times, this game creates really funny situations. I genuinely believed he was calling a bluff, but respect to the man for sticking to his principles.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Loopoo posted:

I ran into a house my teammate had claimed at the start of the round. I nabbed a level 3 helmet and level 2 backpack and a shotgun. He didn't get anything else from the house apart from a redbull and a pistol. He then told me to drop the loot that was rightfully his and called me a thief and a scoundrel, and I spewed out the "think of it as shared items, it's not about personal gain, it's about team gain. Me grabbing this stuff increases the strength of our group as a whole. Singly, we are weak, but together, we form a mighty human being". He then shot me in the head. Good times, this game creates really funny situations. I genuinely believed he was calling a bluff, but respect to the man for sticking to his principles.

Sounds like your friend, like many people in this game, sucks rear end at looting and his inability to open his eyes and see the good loot is an automatic forefeiture of said loot.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrigidEvilSeahorseM4xHeh

Amazing.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

ThePeavstenator posted:

Sounds like your friend, like many people in this game, sucks rear end at looting and his inability to open his eyes and see the good loot is an automatic forefeiture of said loot.

lmao calm down man it was all in good fun. He'd just entered the house and was scouring the ground floor, I legged it straight upstairs, which is where all the good poo poo was.

that being said, I am the better fighter, but I'm not about to poo poo on my friend's enjoyment of the game just because it's "tactically advantageous" for me to have the good poo poo. I'd rather lose and come nowhere near first place, instead of boss my friend around and steal his stuff and always have the better gear just cause I use it more effectively.

this game is all about the memories and funny situations, with a little bit being about the tacticool gun fighting stuff. winning is secondary.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://gfycat.com/FragrantBlaringKid

Edit: Ok this is huge, URLing.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

My friends and I had something similar happen. I hope they never change the vehicle physics.

Little did he know, killing the host just causes the Thing to mutate even further.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VikingSkull posted:

every time I've won a solo, or my squad has won a duo or squad we've had to sit and talk about it while our hands stopped shaking. if you think it goes away after repeated wins, it doesn't

the only other game that has done this to me is iRacing

It's like the best fights we had in EVE, for me. But yeah, when we finally got out chicken dinner the other night we all had to take a break and I just walked around my apartment pumping my fists for a bit.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Loopoo posted:

lmao calm down man it was all in good fun. He'd just entered the house and was scouring the ground floor, I legged it straight upstairs, which is where all the good poo poo was.

that being said, I am the better fighter, but I'm not about to poo poo on my friend's enjoyment of the game just because it's "tactically advantageous" for me to have the good poo poo. I'd rather lose and come nowhere near first place, instead of boss my friend around and steal his stuff and always have the better gear just cause I use it more effectively.

this game is all about the memories and funny situations, with a little bit being about the tacticool gun fighting stuff. winning is secondary.

that post was on the same anger level that I have in-game: zero

lol if communication when playing vidgames with friends isn't constant verbal abuse

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Picked it up yesterday, going bare foot and having a frying pan stuck to my butt for increased protection certainly sets it apart from the other Battle Royal titles out there. But it's fun, I especially enjoy the Duo mode that allows me to be a dick to others while having a buddy around to share the laughs with.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

ThePeavstenator posted:

that post was on the same anger level that I have in-game: zero

lol if communication when playing vidgames with friends isn't constant verbal abuse

My bad, I'm super autistic on forums, it's hard to gauge tone of voice. I thought you were legit serious about what you posted, but reading back on it I can see that I am indeed socially retarded.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

zipzilchzero posted:

Okay. I guess I have to admit that I have no idea how to shoot in this game anymore. I've only been getting more and more 0-1 games due to never being able to outgun opponents at any distance and frankly with the ridiculously bad interpolation and simulated recoil I have no idea how people are doing it.

https://gfycat.com/AggravatingWeeAlaskanhusky

Like here, how the gently caress do I win in an engagement like this? I had baited this dude to where he is: he shot at me passing on my bike (just below the crest of the hill, left of the rock) so I parked it, skirted around the hill clockwise while I'm assuming he did the same from his position.

Aside from the twitchy stuttering lag screwing up my leading what's the approach here? Drop when I first spot him, cross my fingers and hope he walks back up hill towards me instead of either loving off or taking my bike or move in knowing that he'll probably see me?

Just do what I do, if you see someone with a SCAR and you don't have one, assume you will be one shot to the head and get ready to queue up the next game.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

TracerM17 posted:

Just do what I do, if you see someone with a SCAR and you don't have one, assume you will be one shot to the head and get ready to queue up the next game.

this used to be true but the new AKM owns bones

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I swear they made the S1897 pump slower...

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

ThePeavstenator posted:

this used to be true but the new AKM owns bones

HOW? I can't control the thing worth a drat :negative:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

HOW? I can't control the thing worth a drat :negative:

Hit shift to hold breath, use single fire if you ever want to hit anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r889ILX2Ydk&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GsuJXW2obM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPfYnlqeLvY

Should really be added to the OP because its incredibly useful for figuring out how far away gunshots are.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 27, 2017

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Party Plane Jones posted:

Hit shift to hold breath, use single fire if you ever want to hit anything.

I know that, I still can't hit that loving rear end in a top hat that's running towards me!

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
Grimmmz and Kongphan duo-queued into squads and the last 10 minutes of the game were magic. Watch the first couple minutes at least, unless you're allergic to filthy pro streamers.

Kongphan's perspective:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147435899?t=10h28m08s

Grim's:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147438575?t=10h14m32s

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://giant.gfycat.com/EarnestDimwittedCod.webm

Just say no to physics, kids!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Just got into a long ranged firefight at a junction which we had to break off because of the blue circle. I manage to hug cover and get to safety right behind the bush he reached and shoot him in the back. He mad. poo poo talks me for the next 20 seconds and while I'm laughing and looting his corpse I get domed by a dude I don't see with an SKS. GOTY.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

vehicle physics seem a bit jacked up in general since the latest patch, I've gotten some huge launches going over bumps that I wasn't getting before

I also tried to force a vehicle off the road and appeared to clip into it, experience an acceleration bug, and then get launched through the air for literally several hundred yards, causing it to explode- it was hilarious and looked like Tribes physics

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Guys, what's the main playstyle we should be adhering to? I'm more of a quick and aggressive player, and I seem to do pretty drat good. My teammate on the other hand prefers being more tactical and taking things slow (too slow imo). He's slow to loot, slow to clear buildings, slow to move from cover to cover, slow to take aim at enemies. I zip around and rush everywhere, and I quickly clear rooms, figuring if there is a fucker hiding in there, me being quick will surprise him more than me taking it slow and giving him plenty of time to prepare. When I'm in a fire fight, I keep popping in and out of cover (tree or boulder) and switch the sides I attack from, and if I down an enemy I'll rush to another bit of cover to confuse them.

So how should this game be played? I feel like it rewards aggressive behaviour. Playing it slow and steady always seems to get you well into the last quarter, but then you get hosed by more aggressive players.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Who are some good streamers I should watch if I enjoy folks who are good at this game and have mostly low-key demeanors? Jackfrags is the guy I've most consistently enjoyed so far, if that helps narrow it down

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Jenny Angel posted:

Who are some good streamers I should watch if I enjoy folks who are good at this game and have mostly low-key demeanors? Jackfrags is the guy I've most consistently enjoyed so far, if that helps narrow it down

Grimmmz is pretty good, i enjoy watching him.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Loopoo posted:

Guys, what's the main playstyle we should be adhering to? I'm more of a quick and aggressive player, and I seem to do pretty drat good. My teammate on the other hand prefers being more tactical and taking things slow (too slow imo). He's slow to loot, slow to clear buildings, slow to move from cover to cover, slow to take aim at enemies. I zip around and rush everywhere, and I quickly clear rooms, figuring if there is a fucker hiding in there, me being quick will surprise him more than me taking it slow and giving him plenty of time to prepare. When I'm in a fire fight, I keep popping in and out of cover (tree or boulder) and switch the sides I attack from, and if I down an enemy I'll rush to another bit of cover to confuse them.

So how should this game be played? I feel like it rewards aggressive behaviour. Playing it slow and steady always seems to get you well into the last quarter, but then you get hosed by more aggressive players.

It's all viable, you should play to have fun.I think killing people is the fun part and that means I prefer to be aggressive. It's really up to you. The ideal strategy for any given circle and plane route probably depends on to many things to say "this is the best way to win games". Play the game to have fun imo.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Duckaerobics posted:

It's all viable, you should play to have fun.I think killing people is the fun part and that means I prefer to be aggressive. It's really up to you. The ideal strategy for any given circle and plane route probably depends on to many things to say "this is the best way to win games". Play the game to have fun imo.

I have most fun killing people too. I wanna be aggressive but I can tell it grates on my friend's nerves.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Jenny Angel posted:

Grimmmz and Viss are who I watch when the Doc isn't out there slapping chubby-cheeked blonde bangs.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Don't really give a poo poo about leaderboards in an early access game so I have devised a new game mode that requires no mods or custom servers. It's called pick up every tank of gas you can find and just constantly drive around. People will shoot at you and give up their locations so they get killed by someone else. Plus it's very satisfying to die in the top ten and watch someone try to recoup ammo only to find 10 gallons of gas.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

You should only be aggressive if you are also a good shot. Being aggressive and being a poor shot lead to early loses.

Bloodplay it again posted:

Don't really give a poo poo about leaderboards in an early access game so I have devised a new game mode that requires no mods or custom servers. It's called pick up every tank of gas you can find and just constantly drive around. People will shoot at you and give up their locations so they get killed by someone else. Plus it's very satisfying to die in the top ten and watch someone try to recoup ammo only to find 10 gallons of gas.

This is a great strategy until you get shot out of your car or flip it in exposed area. It actually works best in solo, and worst in squad because if you get too close to an enemy squad they can go full battery and blow your car up.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
3rd battle:

I am hooked. I just wish the game would run at a steady 60fps instead of the 40-60 on medium/low I get. :/

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Had a fun 3 squad game where there was still 40 people left alive in the 2nd to last circle at the top of a hill. It was completely silent, so I ran in firing my gun in the air as a sacrifice. My team won cause everyone just started shooting at me then each other as they gave up their positions, and the last enemy died crawling to the final circle.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I am often tempted to do a "treasure goblin" run where I never pick up a gun but merely loot every single instance of a specific pickup (energy drink, angled foregrip, bandages etc)

but then i get bored and shoot people

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

unlawfulsoup posted:

3rd battle:

I am hooked. I just wish the game would run at a steady 60fps instead of the 40-60 on medium/low I get. :/

See if -sm4 or -d3d10 help you. They'll disable the shadows which is probably the biggest performance hit thus far. Other than that put your draw distance down.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Huh, so I just died in a solo game to an AKM nearly instantly, heard absolutely nothing besides the tink on my frying pan coupled with like 3 more hits on my body all nearly at the same time, no blood. Just full hp to dead

:psyduck:

• Locked thread