Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

That's pretty hosed up of Wolfsburg wanting those 1300 fans in the stadium for the play off instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Smirr posted:

When did THIS 👇 ...

become hotter than THIS 😡

Still incredible that Hamburg stayed erstklassig with just 27 points.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Serious question, does anyone know why the relegation playoffs were abolished in 92 in the first place? As in, what was the stated reason. I'm guessing the intention was to clear the new East German trash clubs out of the Bundesliga 33% faster, but surely they can't have said that

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The 1.Bundesliga play-offs were extremely lopsided back then and are still the same today. Everyone knew so it got killed.

The generational shift saw a sudden influx of idiots in the DFL seeing money where there was none (broadcasting the worst games for a pittance) and well.

Edit: that year had 20 clubs in the top flight, so four were relegated without play-offs to not mess with the 2x12 2.Bundesliga roster. And lmao that was some awkward poo poo

Healbot fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 26, 2017

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
https://twitter.com/Der_Postillon/status/868421534720950272

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lmao

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I saw about 1000 dortmund supporters queuing for mustafas Gemüse Kebab lol

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

oliwan posted:

I saw about 1000 dortmund supporters queuing for mustafas Gemüse Kebab lol

Thats a solid lol. Passt wie Arsch auf Eimer

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I guess that's what passes as "food culture" for the Ruhrpotttrash? Idk I was auf Klassenfahrt in Berlin last fall and my students said it wasn't even that good

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Now that I realized the Pokalfinale starts at 8 and not at 8.30 I shall commence the shitposting. I hope the fake Eintracht can do what the real Eintracht could not: win a game against garbagemen

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

I guess that's what passes as "food culture" for the Ruhrpotttrash? Idk I was auf Klassenfahrt in Berlin last fall and my students said it wasn't even that good

It IS just extremely klassenfahrty and garbage for idiot tourists with fanny packs, hence why it's funny

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I wonder when Mehmet will finally look so scrotal they will have to blur his head

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sounds like the audience is really enjoying this Helene Fischer gig

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I wonder if the persons responsible for booking her actually expected anything else or if they just really loving hate her

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

It IS just extremely klassenfahrty and garbage for idiot tourists with fanny packs, hence why it's funny

well tbh fanny packs are extremely salonfähig in Kreuzberg & Neukölln these days, maybe they were all locals.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Smirr posted:

I wonder if the persons responsible for booking her actually expected anything else or if they just really loving hate her

more like the dfb still really loving hates sge and were looking for a way to make halftime as cringeworthy as possible.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"kriegt er den noch? jaaaa!! aber der schiedsrichter hebt die fahne, hat den aus gesehen"

dicker der war im vollen umfang über der linie. gib mir meine gebühren wieder

oliwan posted:

well tbh fanny packs are extremely salonfähig in Kreuzberg & Neukölln these days, maybe they were all locals.

I find it increasingly hard to tell who is just over here for the weekend from like, barcelona, and who is actually 'local'. so I just pretend everyone except me is a fraud

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

that certainly was something

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

I find it increasingly hard to tell who is just over here for the weekend from like, barcelona, and who is actually 'local'. so I just pretend everyone except me is a fraud

Yah that's the way to go, but did you put 'local' in quotation marks to emphasise that im zugezogen? That's just hurtful

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

oliwan posted:

Yah that's the way to go, but did you put 'local' in quotation marks to emphasise that im zugezogen? That's just hurtful

Nah you're fine in my book

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirr posted:

Nah you're fine in my book

I was joking, but now I'm just elated ;) ;)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
The German cup looks like something that belongs at a renfair

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
heja BVB!

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
I think Jogi had quite a few beers, but so did I. Excellent evening of the foot! (Also congrats BVB)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
They'll be celebrating in the street of Simon Dach tonight!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Smirr posted:

gonna steal "klassenfahrty", ta

also how do Dortmund manage to keep getting into finals against clubs I hate even more than them, it's not fair

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://streamable.com/9jkiw

loling

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol. I loved the loving smash cut away live on tv that cut her off at "Dank--"

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
okay das muss auch noch in den faden

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ephex posted:

loving :laffo: get that Nachkriegsdeutschland in there.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

ephex posted:

lmao between steffen simon and fritze von tut on sky that might've been the worst cast game this year

Smirr posted:

it was dank tho

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

*HSV kramers into the 2017-18 season* STILL BU-BU-BU-BUNDESLIGADINO

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I can't believe the brave boys of the Hamburger Sport Verein are still in the bundesliga after being inches from relegation for what, 4 or 5 years now? It's time to stop teasing and get relegated already!!!

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I volunteer HSV, Scheiss-Dosen-Verein, and Team SAP for the 2. Bundesliga next year. Wont happen but one can dream.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Now that this shitshow of a season is over, let's see who's getting banned for their toxxes

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

:toxx: me for a month if Bayern dont win the treble.

Aaaand that's it.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Smirr posted:

I haven't been back to Germany in ages, who is that and why does everyone hate her?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Helene Fischer. The people who like her don't go to the Pokalfinale and the people who go to the Pokalfinale don't like her. I'm struggling to think of a worse pick for halftime entertainment, assuming that halftime entertainment is necessary in the first place, which it isn't

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's like 30% that its the wrong music for the crowd and 110% that nobody loving wants US style halftime shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Could have had Campino and his boys play the Bayern song.

On an other note yes, half time shows are about as useless as all those lovely team hymns every one in the Bundesliga has now, I think it started with that stupid HSV one but now everyone does this poo poo. It's horrible, either your fans come up with their own hymn that want to sing when the game starts or you're a bad team and don't deserve one.

I like this article about it because it goes a bit further than just the "Helen Fischer sucks" thing (German) http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/fussball/Helene-Fischer-das-Bauernopfer/story/21363358

Tagi posted:

Aber als sie zwischen den Backgroundtänzern auf der Bühne des Olympiastadions sang, stand die 32-Jährige für alles Schlechte, was Fans im modernen Fussball sehen. Kommerzialisierung, Eventisierung, künstliche Stimmung, Show statt Sport. Manche nannten das vor dem Spiel Helenefischerisierung des Fussballs.

Tagi posted:

Wer über Jahre ins Stadion geht, der bemerkt, wie der Fussball sich von Sport immer mehr zur Show wandelt. Es gibt Eröffnungsfeiern mit Djs, die Stimmung erzeugen sollen, aber oft in grosser Peinlichkeit enden, die Eckbälle werden von Firmen präsentiert, die Anstosszeiten des Bundesliga-Spieltags werden immer mehr zerschossen (nächste Saison wird erstmals auch am Montag gespielt, was es für berufstätige Menschen immer schwerer macht, in ein Stadion zu gehen) und am Ende der Skala sagt der Adidas-Chef Kasper Rorstedt, er könne sich vorstellen, dass das Pokalfinal auch mal in Shanghai stattfindet. Wegen des asiatischen Marktes und man schliesslich wachsen müsse. Kasper Rorstedt kann man nicht auspfeifen, Helene Fischer schon.

Tahirovic fucked around with this message at 08:38 on May 29, 2017

• Locked thread