Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

My SAM glamour is going to be the FFXI event gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Oh wait, this is RDM Glamour too :ssh:

Someone make a RDM glamour out of MNK gear so I can glamour my SAM to RDM while glamouring my RDM to SAM.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
My only idea for a SAM glam at the time is using some part of the Makai monk set. It's pretty nifty.

The rest is me waiting to see what I can put together with the chest and maybe pants from it.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Oh wait, this is RDM Glamour too :ssh:

Ooh, which part of that is dyeable? The white or the red? I've been going glamour crazy for the past few days, but I don't know what I want. I like my Scion look, but I need change.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

SonicRulez posted:

Ooh, which part of that is dyeable? The white or the red? I've been going glamour crazy for the past few days, but I don't know what I want. I like my Scion look, but I need change.

The top? Neither are dyeable. Its from an old summer festival event or whatever. There are a few of them, look for the Lord's/Lady's Yukata, dunno if they're on the mogstation or whatever though.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 28, 2017

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The top? Neither are dyeable. Its from an old summer festival event or whatever.

Darn. I'm looking at the Far East stuff dyed black. That seems sufficiently anime.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

Wait, where? What? I need to see this.

Do the MSQ.

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007
Is Please Be Careful full? I have a character named Pizza that needs to be in that guild.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I just reached 30 arcanist and would like to thank all the goons in TPT who helped me avoid the queues. TPT is super cool and everyone should join!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SonicRulez posted:

Darn. I'm looking at the Far East stuff dyed black. That seems sufficiently anime.

IIRC, there is a black one with gld trim.

Shammoner
Jan 27, 2006

Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Dark Of Night...
Got my classic Red Mage glam good to go for Stormblood :toot:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Given that the first Samurai you meet is Scottish, it seems obvious that Samurai and Red Mage glamours should be identical and just shoot to look as much like Sean Connery circa Highlander as possible.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Shammoner posted:

Got my classic Red Mage glam good to go for Stormblood :toot:

Anyone know what sword is this?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's the yokai watch PLD sword

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Why is there so much FF7 in the Revolutions song?

I know no one knows the answer to this but it feels odd, the expansion seems to be about a samurai clan drama and Yda, yet you can hear Aeris blaring as the main melody

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

SwissArmyDruid posted:

IIRC, there is a black one with gld trim.

From what I can tell, it comes white and is dyeable. I've got one last pot of jet black dye just for that.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I just ran Somh Al HM with a tank that was using an i139 sword. He said he just got to 60 the other day and almost had enough scrip saved up to buy a shire sword. I didn't get the chance to tell him about the gears he'd need though.

The sad thing is despite the massive enmity handicap he still did a better job than some of the tanks with i270 weapons that I've seen in ex roulette.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

SonicRulez posted:

From what I can tell, it comes white and is dyeable. I've got one last pot of jet black dye just for that.

They are not. However, look up Lord's Yukata in all six colors on the sites or in-game, see if any of them would be one that would work for you.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Thundarr posted:

I just ran Somh Al HM with a tank that was using an i139 sword. He said he just got to 60 the other day and almost had enough scrip saved up to buy a shire sword. I didn't get the chance to tell him about the gears he'd need though.

The sad thing is despite the massive enmity handicap he still did a better job than some of the tanks with i270 weapons that I've seen in ex roulette.

They really need to add a weapon level requirement to DF.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I think it'd also help if they threw in some weapons into those 60 4-man dungeons. If that SB loot control whatever thing they're going to do will continue in their 70 dungeons, putting weapons in those dungeons might help the weird weapon disparity, especially as content ages.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
I wonder if they should start doing an aggressive catching up mechanic with weapons. Nothing too crazy, but "oh hey you hit 60, here's a weapon that will at least let you keep doing something relative to everyone else".

Not that it matters with SB coming, but...

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Fister Roboto posted:

They really need to add a weapon level requirement to DF.

139 makes me wonder how he got in, but OTOH a friend and I were chain running gubal and got a paladin with pretty garbage gear and the 210 relic weapon who pulled faster and did almost as much dps as a dark knight with the 260 relic and full 270 shire gear. There are just so many ways to gently caress up in DF I don't think there's a way to fix it. We got that paladin twice and he got all the commends both times because drat.

Fridurmus posted:

I wonder if they should start doing an aggressive catching up mechanic with weapons. Nothing too crazy, but "oh hey you hit 60, here's a weapon that will at least let you keep doing something relative to everyone else".

Not that it matters with SB coming, but...

I kinda wish they'd add a way for 24 mans to give slightly worse weapons than primals but better than the last primal's weapons, but I have no idea how to make that not gently caress up the crafted weapon economy.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 28, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

139 makes me wonder how he got in, but OTOH a friend and I were chain running gubal and got a paladin with pretty garbage gear and the 210 relic weapon who pulled faster and did almost as much dps as a dark knight with the 260 relic and full 270 shire gear. There are just so many ways to gently caress up in DF I don't think there's a way to fix it. We got that paladin twice and he got all the commends both times because drat.

this says way more about the drk than about the pld fwiw

I kinda wish they'd add a way for 24 mans to give slightly worse weapons than primals but better than the last primal's weapons, but I have no idea how to make that not gently caress up the crafted weapon economy.

here's an idea: gently caress the crafted weapon economy. almost every single effective method of making gil in this game requires an absurd amount of gil up-front, i think the crafter barons can afford to not make 900 percent profit on their thirty minutes of work in the interest of game health.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Alternately: make the crafted version the same model and texture, but dyeable. People who care about stats can take the easy to get one, people who want to be fancy get the fancy one, and crafters actually have high end gear to craft for people.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It wouldn't kill them to throw the i230 Alex weapons into Dun Scaith as drops at the end.

They're utterly irrelevant in terms of viability but Dun Scaith is easy to complete so if you're dead weight, you're not holding back others loads.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this says way more about the drk than about the pld fwiw

here's an idea: gently caress the crafted weapon economy. almost every single effective method of making gil in this game requires an absurd amount of gil up-front, i think the crafter barons can afford to not make 900 percent profit on their thirty minutes of work in the interest of game health.

For sure, that DRK was garbage. I was just shocked that you could push PLD that far with gear like that.

The biggest issue I see with weapons is there's just not very many ways to get them. If you're sitting there with a 200 weapon from hunt seals, which isn't hard at all, your choices are resigning yourself to potd, trying to get into an extreme sophia group (gl with that), starting your anima (lol), getting ridiculously lucky in diadem, or sucking it up and spending 1k scripture on the shire weapon (and hoping you can sneak into an A12 group without any trouble).

I think of using 24 mans to smooth it out because that's what 24 mans do already. If you hit high enough ilvl to get into weeping city, suddenly you can just get full 230 left side and no one gives a flying gently caress what's on your back in there. If you can get into dun scaith, especially now, you can just get a full set of 260 armor. It's never the best gear to have, but it helps with alt jobs you want to play and smoothing out the garbage slots you just couldn't swap out without having to go back and do older content.

Tenik posted:

Alternately: make the crafted version the same model and texture, but dyeable. People who care about stats can take the easy to get one, people who want to be fancy get the fancy one, and crafters actually have high end gear to craft for people.

Make the crafted version dyable and able to be advance melded so the superspergs can still pound money into their character and everyone else can just not give a poo poo. The difference would be negligible but the people who truly care about their numbers can still spend for more.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Make the crafted version dyable and able to be advance melded so the superspergs can still pound money into their character and everyone else can just not give a poo poo. The difference would be negligible but the people who truly care about their numbers can still spend for more.
Or alternatively remove the whole overmelding mechanic because it's annoying and stupid.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

30 minutes of work? For that item, maybe. I don't begrudge folks making bank off the grinding and preparation to get to that point.

FWIW (and we may be talking about the same thing) I'd prefer it if endgame crafting was more accessible - lower the time investment without trivializing it, and make advancement to the next tier more transparent and governed less by RNG. Keep specializations, make them worthwhile (like each unlocks its own set of attractive recipes), offer a respec route that's sensible but also expensive (like a 1 month cooldown, if not longer).

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

They tried most of the things you mentioned and it didn't really do anything to change that Omnicrafters had all the wealth and the game economy is a terrifying mirror of the real world. I think it would probably help that when 190/ 220 / 250 are the crafting tiers maybe they should drop in a significantly cheaper version that's 10-15 levels lower than the top. Having affordable/craftable 235 right now would have gone a long way to getting people moving, especially if weapons were included.

It's actually kind of strange that the 24 mans dropped no weapons or Encrypted Tomestones at all compared to ARR's handling of them, but the argument is probably that running ST over and over for upgrade items was a chore.

Pre-SB MSQ:

Was the Lyse reveal supposed to have any sort of impact? We're not given any reason to care about the name we call her since it has been Lyse the entire time. The only difference seems to be that we know the releases about how "Lyse" would be a big character in Stormblood were referring to Yda.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

isk posted:

Keep specializations, make them worthwhile (like each unlocks its own set of attractive recipes), offer a respec route that's sensible but also expensive (like a 1 month cooldown, if not longer).
Crafters used to have their high-end recipes locked behind specializations. Every patch, they removed the spec requirement from the old gear and added new, spec-locked stuff. 3.55 finally removed the requirement from all items.

There's also a way to change specifications, which costs 480 red crafting scrips.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

nuru posted:

They tried most of the things you mentioned and it didn't really do anything to change that Omnicrafters had all the wealth and the game economy is a terrifying mirror of the real world. I think it would probably help that when 190/ 220 / 250 are the crafting tiers maybe they should drop in a significantly cheaper version that's 10-15 levels lower than the top. Having affordable/craftable 235 right now would have gone a long way to getting people moving, especially if weapons were included.

Agreed with the weapon suggestion, and that's the direction I'm pointing towards. If SE wants grind or RNG, it could be with crafting the item that upgrades the 10-15 ilvl lower weapon (but once created, the upgrade process is guaranteed).

quote:

It's actually kind of strange that the 24 mans dropped no weapons or Encrypted Tomestones at all compared to ARR's handling of them, but the argument is probably that running ST over and over for upgrade items was a chore.

To an extent, but I liked that it got me into Alexander while it was current content. By the time I did any phase of Coil it was long outdated.

*edit -

Bonfire Lit posted:

Crafters used to have their high-end recipes locked behind specializations. Every patch, they removed the spec requirement from the old gear and added new, spec-locked stuff. 3.55 finally removed the requirement from all items.

There's also a way to change specifications, which costs 480 red crafting scrips.

Yep, aware! Just don't think they were effective enough. Specializations matter more if, say, they're a choice for a full content cycle and multiple choices are viable.

isk fucked around with this message at 10:45 on May 28, 2017

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

nuru posted:

Pre-SB MSQ:

Was the Lyse reveal supposed to have any sort of impact? We're not given any reason to care about the name we call her since it has been Lyse the entire time. The only difference seems to be that we know the releases about how "Lyse" would be a big character in Stormblood were referring to Yda.

The fact that it happened isn't in itself supposed be impactful to the player, like they're not playing it up for some kind of soap opera twist, but the motivations behind it are meaningful. She's been hiding behind her sentimentality for both her sister and Papalymo all these years, and now that he's dead (maybe) she's made a conscious decision to step out from the shadows, literally and metaphorically unmask herself, and be her own woman finally. Its not something you can go back and get some kind of newfound understanding of things with, but its a little bit of development that maybe they'll do something cool with in Stormblood.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

isk posted:

Specializations matter more if, say, they're a choice for a full content cycle and multiple choices are viable.
Yeah, if you want to make specs a semi-permanent choice, you'll have to make them all similarly useful (and not have a trap spec like CUL). I'd rather they did away with the specializations though - they're not really interesting in itself and the "real" crafter barons already had an alt or two to cover all 8.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So speaking of MSQ stuff, just watched all the pre-Heavensward cutscenes and wow poo poo really real, really fast :stare: has his sister done ANYTHING in the story up until this point other than help out at that point? Because i don't remember her showing up at any other point thus far.

Also they changed voice actors for Alphinaud didn't they? One cutscene into this thing and his voice is not the same at all.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So speaking of MSQ stuff, just watched all the pre-Heavensward cutscenes and wow poo poo really real, really fast :stare: has his sister done ANYTHING in the story up until this point other than help out at that point? Because i don't remember her showing up at any other point thus far.

Also they changed voice actors for Alphinaud didn't they? One cutscene into this thing and his voice is not the same at all.

She's the main character of the Bahamut raid. The game acknowledges your relationship if you either did part of it or finished it completely.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

You should do the Bahamut raid anyways because its cool but also the cinematic you get near the end is one of the craziest looking cg scenes square has ever done and they hid it behind content that most players skip nowadays.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It wouldn't kill them to throw the i230 Alex weapons into Dun Scaith as drops at the end.

They're utterly irrelevant in terms of viability but Dun Scaith is easy to complete so if you're dead weight, you're not holding back others loads.

Hell, at this point you might as well have it so turning in a penny from void ark and weepy city gives you a a8 tomestone, and/or the weekly 270 accessory could give a a12 tomestone.

It would be nice going forward, since shire gear would become what going into HW with full ironworks is now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I said Dun Scaith is easy, but I still have literally no idea how to tell which AoE is going to come out of the Atomos in the Ferdiad fight.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

He shoots the balls into the mouth of one atomos and it comes out of the other atomos of the same color. If he shoots an orange ball at a blue atomos for example, you find where the other blue atomos is and move towards it. Or away if it was a blue ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Right, that makes sense. I thought it would be something like that, but I've never been looking in the right places to put two and two together.

• Locked thread