Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is the best way to cheese Boss Brainiac, I want to get all the character endings and I'm not learning anything in these lovely fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What is the best way to cheese Boss Brainiac, I want to get all the character endings and I'm not learning anything in these lovely fights

Probably using an AI fighter.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Probably using an AI fighter.

Yeah all my AI fighters have gone through the towers reliably on normal difficulty.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

All my AI fighters are better than the Medium difficulty of the short story tower but remember you can just set it to very easy to watch them all.
:siren: Woooo diamond box metaverse go! :siren:

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 28, 2017

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Diamond event is up now!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Theres another multiverse event up offering 9 Diamond boxes for some pretty short/easy fights, for those who might have missed the one earlier today

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

These fights actually buff you, it's pretty much a gimme.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Uh one of them does, one tower has that stupid modifier bullshit like usual. Who thinks it's fun for all your attacks to get interrupted by an electrified floor every 1.5 seconds

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uh one of them does, one tower has that stupid modifier bullshit like usual. Who thinks it's fun for all your attacks to get interrupted by an electrified floor every 1.5 seconds

You can still get ones that affect both of you. But on that tower the beneficial ones are given to you, not the opponent.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh yeah, that's true. It ended up being relatively painless after all.

And yeah I think I might do these towers on an easier difficulty, I just want to get a feel for all the characters before I land on a main. Decision's pretty difficult! Though I'm feeling the Catwoman/Canary/Harley archetypes more than, say, Cyborg

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't figure out a third main. I thought maybe Cheetah but I can't stand looking at her. She's so creepy and off putting looking. I like how she flows though. Any other fast characters besides catwoman?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Applied to Goonrilla Grodd, in as Nostratic

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Empress Brosephine posted:

I can't figure out a third main. I thought maybe Cheetah but I can't stand looking at her. She's so creepy and off putting looking. I like how she flows though. Any other fast characters besides catwoman?

vixen

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yeah, I think I might end up getting the Vixen skin precisely because of this

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
Hopefully picking this up later today, is there a Euro PS4 guild or did they do away with the region lock?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I got Cyborg's Varia Suit color scheme. Now I have to play Cyborg. :(

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress blue beetle

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Huh so in further exploring swamp thing here's a fun tidbit for him vs superman. Some characters can punish superman as he falls with a quick projectile, or from the deep like aquaman. Swampthing is the only character I know of that gets a full meterless combo as long as hes about 70% of screen or closer when he blocks the air laser. Just clone, f23, clone, 11 vine for a solid rear end chunk of damage.

For the first time in injustice history, Superman might actually have a bad match?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
is there a trick to beat blue beetle with harley

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kurtofan posted:

is there a trick to beat blue beetle with harley

upshot can gently caress over a lot of his flying gimmicks, don't rely on traditional zoning if all he wants to do is fly. If he's falling on you d2 and his dumb wakeup if you smell it you can neutral jump it, and still have enough time to jump again and full combo him on landing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Evil Canadian posted:

upshot can gently caress over a lot of his flying gimmicks, don't rely on traditional zoning if all he wants to do is fly. If he's falling on you d2 and his dumb wakeup if you smell it you can neutral jump it, and still have enough time to jump again and full combo him on landing.

thanks, what's the upshot?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Holy poo poo finally did it

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Okay, I don't get this game at all.

When I get knocked down, it's over. Everything I block seems safe or plus, so I have no way of mounting any kind of offense. All of the combo videos start with moves that have terrible range so I can never get close enough to actually use them. Characters are vulnerable after a dash for about 1000 years, so I can never zip in and attack that way.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Is it just me or can rare pieces really outshine epics? I was trying to clear out a bunch of crap when I started noticing the stats on some of this poo poo. Like I've got rare Harley Quinn pieces with hundreds of stats over and above any of her 20 epic options. They come with augments too, so I'm wondering if the only real benefit to epics is set bonuses sometimes?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So what discords is everyone hanging out in?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Is it just me or can rare pieces really outshine epics? I was trying to clear out a bunch of crap when I started noticing the stats on some of this poo poo. Like I've got rare Harley Quinn pieces with hundreds of stats over and above any of her 20 epic options. They come with augments too, so I'm wondering if the only real benefit to epics is set bonuses sometimes?

The loot seems like it could be bugged or not well implemented as I have seen more than a few armour pieces their one level apart and the bonus is on the same stat but the higher level piece actually has a smaller bonus.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
As a lazy person I greatly appreciate the ability to level characters by letting the AI play the game for me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Giedroyc posted:

As a lazy person I greatly appreciate the ability to level characters by letting the AI play the game for me.

How do you do that?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Kurtofan posted:

How do you do that?

You know how if you press square on character select you can swap through your different loadouts? Keep swapping until you reach your AI loadouts and the AI plays the game for you.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cinnamon Bear posted:

You know how if you press square on character select you can swap through your different loadouts? Keep swapping until you reach your AI loadouts and the AI plays the game for you.

Do this in endless mode.

Am I the only person really struggling against the vampire blood mod in multiverse events? I am doing the More Mischief fight in the guild multiverse but every time I fight someone with that it's over.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
To level characters, I just start a Versus match with 1 round and 300 seconds on the clock, I turn off competitive mode and transitions and I just go ham on the other "player." Can do 1 to 20 in about 30 minutes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Holy loving poo poo thank you! I would never have noticed this. I don't think I realized this is what AI Loadout was for.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
It's also for using AI defender teams in multiplayer so you earn gold boxes without even playing the game.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Do this in endless mode.

Am I the only person really struggling against the vampire blood mod in multiverse events? I am doing the More Mischief fight in the guild multiverse but every time I fight someone with that it's over.

I tried it too and couldn't do it, it doesn't help that at times it actually giving the A.I. more health than the damage it's done.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 28, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Anime_Otaku posted:

I tried it too and couldn't do it, it doesn't help that at times it actually giving the air more health than the damage it's done.

It took me about a dozen tries to get past a Vampire Atrocitus, but its doable, just a pain in the rear end. I haven't touched More Mischief though since earlier in the week when I finished the event and it didn't count my completion.

I'm hoping the next Guild Multiverse is marginally friendlier.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Anime_Otaku posted:

The loot seems like it could be bugged or not well implemented as I have seen more than a few armour pieces their one level apart and the bonus is on the same stat but the higher level piece actually has a smaller bonus.

It's not bugged, things just have a wide variance, that's why the rerolling exists. Epics do have better stats, you might just have one that rolled super lovely. Also some augments like +15% dmg to villains or whatever are worth a big chunk of stats.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Fought a Batman wearing a full, closed helmet. I want it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Firestorm has the stupidest loving voice ever

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And I just got his multiverse ending GOOD JOB loving IT UP ASSHOLES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

nickmeister posted:

Okay, I don't get this game at all.

When I get knocked down, it's over. Everything I block seems safe or plus, so I have no way of mounting any kind of offense. All of the combo videos start with moves that have terrible range so I can never get close enough to actually use them. Characters are vulnerable after a dash for about 1000 years, so I can never zip in and attack that way.

Sounds like you're pretty new to fighting games, nothing wrong with that, but lets talk some basics!

That pressure your opponents are putting you through after a knockdown, there are probably gaps where you could sneak in a fast attack, like d1, but you'd have to be very familiar with that specific matchup to know when. You can always to to training mode and test stuff out, but luckily you have a lot of much easier and much more universal options. Every character has some special moves that are fully invincible when used as a wakeup attack (that is, when used immediately after a knockdown), you can use these to get some space on an opponent that isn't giving you any breathing room. You can also backdash out of a lot of situations, both on wakeup and from any small gaps in their attacks. If you have meter, using it to block-escape or air-escape wouldn't be a bad way to interrupt their gameplan. Finally, meterburning your b3 or f3 gives you armor, allowing you to blow through an opponent's attacks and land a big combo!

All of these options will lose to something, but they all lose to different things, so the game is about selecting the tool that your opponent isn't ready for.

Now, about your offensive game. Dashing up to do your close range attacks into a big combo is both the slowest option you have to threaten your opponent and the most potentially damaging, so it makes sense that your opponent would have a gameplan that prevents you from doing that. Just like with defense you need to pick the tool that your opponent isn't ready for. At range, throwing projectiles and doing long range pokes are usually safer options that trying to jump or dash in; they don't do much damage, but they'll beat a lot of things your opponent could do, like if they tried to dash in on you. If you can get your opponent to flinch expecting a long range attack, that might give you enough time to go in on them!

This is a lot of information, but its ok if you don't have it all memorized right now, a lot of the people you'll be fighting don't have their heads around it either. Just think about what you're losing to and try to improve your game one little step at a time. You're already thinking about "How do I do the most damage?" and that's good, but you should also be asking yourself questions like "What options do I have that are the least risky?" and "What do I think my opponent will do next and how do I stop it?".

Hopefully all that was helpful. Looking up tournament videos for you character on youtube or looking at the forums on TYM are some great ways to see what other people are having success with, and you can always post some more specific questions here. Good luck!

• Locked thread