Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played Xenogears but from what I understand it might have the single clearest "we ran out of time and/or money moment" end section in gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

glam rock hamhock posted:

I haven't played Xenogears but from what I understand it might have the single clearest "we ran out of time and/or money moment" end section in gaming

hold my beer - FF15

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

hold my beer - FF15

*Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, D4, and Trine 3 all run in for a HUGE disappointment*

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Star Citizen is the most unfinished game there will ever be

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

precision posted:

it occurs to me that there's probably at least one poster in games who thinks people are Spinal Tap style exaggerating about what happens in disc 2 of xenogears but trust us, it really does go to 11

you absolutely couldn't make up something as insane as that game's disc 2. especially insane to the many people who had started JRPGs with FF7 and bought Xenogears on Square's name alone
I like Xenogears more than FF7 by orders of magnitude.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
So Vanquish on PC has a bug where enemy damage is tied to framerate, so I get absolutely shredded if I pop out of cover for any reason. Rad.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I beat Vanquish at 144fps. I didn't know I was so amazing at it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nate RFB posted:

I like Xenogears more than FF7 by orders of magnitude.

Me too, but I have mental illnesses. Plural.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

I was just thinking of re playing that last night. It's so good. More games should be GTA Persona

It's not Persona drat it, it's River City Ransom.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Having enemy fire rate tied to framerate is nothing new. They did the same thing with Mass Effect 3, which is why the multiplayer was a little harder if you were playing on PC (although I suppose the controls were more precise as well).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bully has the whole "time management school life" thing that Persona does though. Doesn't it? I swear I remember having to decide whether I'd go to class or go do a prank or whatever.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

corn in the bible posted:

I've played it before and I really like it. Thinking of doing an LP so people will understand that it's good

If it's Natural Doctrine I would eagerly follow your LP. I've bounced off that game a few times once the tutorial ends because I can't figure out how to progress and the AI runs a train on me while I'm trying to figure out how block effectively.

It might be Last Story, though. I rented that once and didn't get very far, but I still eye it on Amazon from time to time.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
y'all do all the sidequests in SMT IV or na?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

Bully has the whole "time management school life" thing that Persona does though. Doesn't it? I swear I remember having to decide whether I'd go to class or go do a prank or whatever.

Yeah it does, although you can blow off classes and do whatever if you want unlike Persona and there's no time limit

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

If it's Natural Doctrine I would eagerly follow your LP. I've bounced off that game a few times once the tutorial ends because I can't figure out how to progress and the AI runs a train on me while I'm trying to figure out how block effectively.

It might be Last Story, though. I rented that once and didn't get very far, but I still eye it on Amazon from time to time.

Last Story is super rad once you get past how much of a bland milquetoast the protagonist is. His buddies are all cool tho and the music kicks rear end

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Last Story has a bit of a bland... uh... story... but the gameplay is really neat I thought.

I thought the Witcher card game just came out on PS4, but when I went to download it just now it says "March 28". :confused:

edit: also the sony store seems to think i own Titanfall 2? i don't remember buying it? did i get a free game or buy it while i was on acid or something?

precision fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 28, 2017

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

exquisite tea posted:

Having enemy fire rate tied to framerate is nothing new. They did the same thing with Mass Effect 3, which is why the multiplayer was a little harder if you were playing on PC (although I suppose the controls were more precise as well).

It's your i-frames from getting hit or rolling that are tied to actual framerate. Damage being multiplied would send you into emergency ar or instakill from pretty much any hit on hard or god hard.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Klaus Kinski posted:

Damage being multiplied would send you into emergency ar or instakill from pretty much any hit on hard or god hard.

Yes, that is what is happening. From articles on it here is 30 fps and how long it takes to go into ar
http://i.imgur.com/Z0eQoQV.gifv

And here's 60 fps
http://i.imgur.com/zeH2IKf.gifv

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 28, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The cast of Persona 5:

"God, how will we ever identify which girl at our school we met in that dungeon? How will we ever find the one female student in our school who has poofy grey hair?!!!!"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah it is Natural Doctrine, and it is a good game!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

Last Story has a bit of a bland... uh... story... but the gameplay is really neat I thought.

I thought the Witcher card game just came out on PS4, but when I went to download it just now it says "March 28". :confused:

edit: also the sony store seems to think i own Titanfall 2? i don't remember buying it? did i get a free game or buy it while i was on acid or something?

Well, I don't know where it came from, but Titanfal 2 is pretty fun, so give it a shot.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

precision posted:

The cast of Persona 5:

"God, how will we ever identify which girl at our school we met in that dungeon? How will we ever find the one female student in our school who has poofy grey hair?!!!!"

Still better at investigation than the cast of Persona 4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

it's not naoto's fault he was surrounded by morons

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/grandmarth/status/868663753646014464

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the one person who actually looks like their character is barely in the shot lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Needed red contact lenses

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

How embarrassing.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I liked that you hit a point in P4's story where the game just gives you a list of everyone in town and asks you to pick out the murderer, that's the kind of fun little touch that a different dev might have removed after 17 focus testers somehow got stuck on it.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I was watching SPECTRE and the last scene with the lady in a chair with detcord going all over the place reminded me of the MGS1 Revolver Ocelot fight so much.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KingSlime posted:

y'all do all the sidequests in SMT IV or na?

You only have to do them if you get the neutral end game. Otherwise they arent really worth it

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Saint Freak posted:

Yes, that is what is happening. From articles on it here is 30 fps and how long it takes to go into ar
http://i.imgur.com/Z0eQoQV.gifv

And here's 60 fps
http://i.imgur.com/zeH2IKf.gifv

No, that is multiple small hits sending you into ar faster since you don't get the invincibility from being hit for as long. If damage was multiplied ANY hit would be instant ar on hard+.

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

Did I just do your job for you?
Hey just finished P5 and it was the best thing ever. Now I'm going to play P4G. What refinement present in the current game will I miss most in its predecessor?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Almost all non-party S.Links provide no mechanical benefits besides fusion bonuses
Backup party members do not gain XP
You have little control over skill inheritance in fusion
All the dungeons are basically Mementos levels of design

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Warthog posted:

Hey just finished P5 and it was the best thing ever. Now I'm going to play P4G. What refinement present in the current game will I miss most in its predecessor?

p4 has bad bad dungeons but it has naoto

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fuckin neato

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

Did I just do your job for you?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Backup party members do not gain XP

Is it better to stick with just one party then or rotate and grind?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So I got the A ending in Nier Automata, are all the sidequests I didn't finish gone or are they sent over to whatever the hell kind of thing a Yoko Taro game is going to consider NG+

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ometeotl posted:

So I got the A ending in Nier Automata, are all the sidequests I didn't finish gone or are they sent over to whatever the hell kind of thing a Yoko Taro game is going to consider NG+

There is only one missable thing in the entire game and it's one of the last things you do so don't worry.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

All I needed to know, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ometeotl posted:

All I needed to know, thanks.

The worst that will happen is any quest you started and didn't finish, you'll need to start from the begining again. don't worry, every phase of the robot dojo quest is its own fight

• Locked thread