Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Is that a real sign? Where is this that people crash so much they need to put up a sign???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I see them all the time in the mid atlantic. Probably thanks to the combo of bowled turns and harley riders.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Beauty shot of the Ninja EX300 before it gets sold/traded-in for an EX650.

prukinski
Dec 25, 2011

Sure why not

M42 posted:

mosickle

The brake lights on that generation of SVs are one of my favourite design elements on any motorcycle. There's something really pleasantly futuristic about them without being too forced. So nice.

prukinski fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 29, 2017

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

Is that a real sign? Where is this that people crash so much they need to put up a sign???

There's signs like that all around NZ. They've had to change the speed limits on particularly bad stretches of road. Kind of a good thing, but who the gently caress reads these and thinks "Oh, I better be more careful!"

M42
Nov 12, 2012

prukinski posted:

The brake lights on that generation of SVs are one of my favourite design elements on any motorcycle. There's something really pleasantly futuristic about them without being too forced. So nice.

Agreed, I fuckin love them. Look awesome and immediately recognizable. I'm p pissed they didn't keep them on the newest gens

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Odette posted:

There's signs like that all around NZ. They've had to change the speed limits on particularly bad stretches of road. Kind of a good thing, but who the gently caress reads these and thinks "Oh, I better be more careful!"

I love the helpful tax-paid reminders telling me to look where I want to go and turn on my headlight.

Doing Something About It.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

Good headlights are geometric primitives. One circle, two circles, rectangles, or lines. Everything else either looks super tryhard or rapidly dates itself.

applies equally to all other lights

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Think you're fancy with your PR4s don't you

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Slavvy posted:

I love the helpful tax-paid reminders telling me to look where I want to go and turn on my headlight.

Doing Something About It.

I never got that headlight one. Show me a from-factory motorcycle that you can turn off the headlights and I'll eat my hat.

B.Wales!
Nov 17, 2008

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

You can tell a professional took this picture because the motorcycle is barely in it and you just get a beautiful vista of grey blah.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Odette posted:

I never got that headlight one. Show me a from-factory motorcycle that you can turn off the headlights and I'll eat my hat.

Beta's from-the-factory light switch on their 390 includes off, on and bright. I can take a picture if you want. Please post footage of hat eating.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm mostly jealous that there are places on earth where you're allowed to take a vehicle on the beach. I live near a bajillion miles of Lake Michigan coastline and I don't believe there is anywhere in Wisconsin at least where you can get on the beach on anything but your feet.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Odette posted:

Ninja 250.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

My CL350, too. Basically any motorcycle from before 1980.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Shimrod posted:

Ninja 250.

What year? I just bought a 2004 Ninjette and the headlights are always on.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Sagebrush posted:

My CL350, too. Basically any motorcycle from before 1980.

Isn't that a US Law?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Chichevache posted:

You can tell a professional took this picture because the motorcycle is barely in it and you just get a beautiful vista of grey blah.

No professional would put the horizon in the middle of the picture and it's not HDRed all to poo poo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The bike is also too close to the edge of the frame. It creates visual tension.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Flikken posted:

Isn't that a US Law?

It's been EU law since 200<mumble>, I know that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

No professional would put the horizon in the middle of the picture and it's not HDRed all to poo poo.

Sagebrush posted:

The bike is also too close to the edge of the frame. It creates visual tension.

I really need to sign all my posts "insincerely, chiche"

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Chichevache posted:

I really need to sign all my posts "insincerely, chiche"

Oh I understood that you were making a joke, I just wanted to disagree with someone about something and you were in my line of sight

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Chichevache posted:

What year? I just bought a 2004 Ninjette and the headlights are always on.

My 93 had a switch, and a friend had an 01 with a switch too.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Oh I understood that you were making a joke, I just wanted to disagree with someone about something and you were in my line of sight

Fair. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one bothered by the picture.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

builds character posted:

Beta's from-the-factory light switch on their 390 includes off, on and bright. I can take a picture if you want. Please post footage of hat eating.

gently caress. I should have stipulated street legal.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Went on a trip to France on the 701, due to my extremely muscular rear end a 600km day on the stock seat went just fine. Quite some people oogling the bike gave me poo poo for running PR4s on the bike but hey, thanks to those I can actually use it for more than a blast around the town in fair weather.

In the mountains the bike is just so god drat awesome. Sounds like a jack hammer on steroids when you cane it up a pass, if the speed's a bit hot just lightly brush the front brake to slow down.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yet another picture where the 701 looks tiny. I think it's all the white (and camo in your case). It just looks low and small. So good to see you taking it out there, and so jealous that you can just "take a trip to france" on your bike. What's the flack you get for PR4's? PR3's on my 690 are just the best, even off road, and have lasted me over 8k of flogging/highways/wheelies/offroad before needing replacement.

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Coydog posted:

Yet another picture where the 701 looks tiny. I think it's all the white (and camo in your case). It just looks low and small. So good to see you taking it out there, and so jealous that you can just "take a trip to france" on your bike. What's the flack you get for PR4's? PR3's on my 690 are just the best, even off road, and have lasted me over 8k of flogging/highways/wheelies/offroad before needing replacement.

I think it's people that think they know what's up recognizing that they're not the slick-like supermoto tires you usually see. But they haven't let me down even keeping up with bikes on sportier tires.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pr4s are the dadest of tires (predictable, good in rain, grippy enough for most riding), and Dad=boring. If you're not running superhypercorsadragon extremes your tire choice is poo poo.

I run pr3/pr4's on both my road going bikes

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I like em. Never used pr3s to compare though. Done everything from cold to rain to hoony track riding on em.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

drat, I was wrong all along, I thought I wanted reliable all weather grip tires! I guess I need to just run on my rims to be a cool biker!

Lol gently caress no I enjoy being able to stick to the road

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I've got Angel GTs on mine and I've never had any grip issues, rain or shine.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Only ever buy Michelin pilot tires. This is the true path

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Only ever buy Michelin pilot tires. This is the true path

Yep.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I wish the PR4 came in 19" for my vstrom. They have a trail version but I don't know how well it is to use that with a normal pr4 on the rear. Currently running shinkos and they're a bit slippery in the rain.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

You will take my Pilot Power 3s from my cold,dead hands. People swear by the roads but the extra grip of the powers is awesome, and you don't lose that much wet grip.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Fanelien posted:

You will take my Pilot Power 3s from my cold,dead hands. People swear by the roads but the extra grip of the powers is awesome, and you don't lose that much wet grip.

I use those. Love em

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

I might have a problem.

2004 TW200. 5k miles, pristine condition, picked it up for $2300.

Garage is getting crowded.

edit : hit the DMV over lunch and got it legal. Took it back to work. HOLY poo poo this thing is hilariously gutless. You have to ride it like you're in a drat drag race just to keep up with traffic. I can't tell you why thrashing this poor moped just to keep up is so fun, but it is.

Nerdrock fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That's what a good garage looks like.