Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012

AP posted:

I do content too.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the latest revaluation that Corbyn laid a wreath on the grave of one of the murderers at the Munich massacre?

Do we think he just gets off on death or is it deeper attraction for the bad boys in life that drives him?

Viva la revaluation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

AP posted:

I do content too.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the latest revaluation that Corbyn laid a wreath on the grave of one of the murderers at the Munich massacre?

Do we think he just gets off on death or is it deeper attraction for the bad boys in life that drives him?

you're so keen on guilt by association that I'm sure you're throbbing to guillotine every tory on the planet

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Vimtos good
But middle east vimto is better than uk vimto.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Broker peace in the Middle East through Vimto, IMHO

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pretty strong words from Merkel today about how the EU needs to get on with things without expecting the UK and USA to be there to work with them on things.

Glad we seem to have backed the right horse here.

BobbyThompson
Mar 23, 2001

Thanks Ants posted:

Pretty strong words from Merkel today about how the EU needs to get on with things without expecting the UK and USA to be there to work with them on things.

3 years, full EU army IMHO

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

AP posted:

I do content too.

Yes, I think the peace man gets off on death.

You walloper.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

BobbyThompson posted:

3 years, full EU army IMHO

I hope the EU army will take old fat shutins for when the UK collapses post brexit

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Thanks Ants posted:

You think the horses are different but then you notice their four riders look a bit weird...

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Berious posted:

I hope the EU army will take old fat shutins for when the UK collapses post brexit

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Kegluneq posted:

Has anyone else had one of these delivered? 12 pages of this guff. I can't remember if it's been brought up here yet.

The Theresa May And Her Team Party

Have some lovely photos of the rest of this!

No horoscope or competition, 2/10

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"Theresa May and her team" and the whole way that leaflet is presented looks like some completely amateur poo poo

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Is it their way of appealing to younger voters, like Primary School children?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Tories historically haven't struggled with appealing to primary school children

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
ho boy, i can't wait to turn this page and find out what this impartial publication's verdict is on who I should vote for in the upcoming general election

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/28/merkel-says-eu-cannot-completely-rely-on-us-and-britain-any-more-g7-talks

quote:

Europe can no longer completely rely on its traditional British and American allies, Angela Merkel has warned, saying the EU must now be prepared to “take its fate into its own hands”.

Speaking after bruising meetings of Nato and the G7 group of wealthy nations last week, the German chancellor suggested the postwar western alliance had been badly undermined by the UK’s Brexit vote and Donald Trump’s election.

“The times in which we could completely depend on others are to a certain extent over,” she told an election rally in Munich on Sunday. “I’ve experienced that in the last few days. We Europeans truly have to take our fate into our own hands.”

The chancellor told a 2,500-strong crowd in the Bavarian capital that Germany and Europe would strive to remain on good terms with the US, Britain and other countries, “even with Russia”, but added: “We have to know that we must fight for our future on our own, for our destiny as Europeans.”
HowBrexitIsSeenElsewhere.txt

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I genuinely think some people might go to vote on polling day and be confused that Theresa May's name isn't on their ballot

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kegluneq posted:

"don't put that at risk"

a bit too late for that

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

I genuinely think some people might go to vote on polling day and be confused that Theresa May's name isn't on their ballot

LOL if Labour had the Tories killer instinct they'd run the Teresa May party in every constituent

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I seriously wonder how badly out of whack the polls have to be that they're presenting Theresa May, that gurning authoritarian gargoyle, as the most popular politician in British history. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the tories' attempts to detoxify their brand by putting her in the forefront turn out to be a spectacularly misguided move.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Thanks Ants posted:

"Theresa May and her team" and the whole way that leaflet is presented looks like some completely amateur poo poo

On most of the Tory posters and placards I've seen, everyone is a member of the "Standing With Theresa May" party like she realises how toxic the term Tory is

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I do like how the only bit where they openly admit that the Tories made this leaflet is in really tiny writing, this is 100% honest and forthcoming

I mean, surely anyone at all reading it would be able to tell, but if so what's even the point of their ridiculous "golly can you guess what our verdict on the election could possibly be? turn the page!" goof. Aiming at people who are only flicking through it? While making it clear to anyone who reads it that they're trying to deceive them? If you're going to be conniving you could at least do it intelligently

TomViolence posted:

I seriously wonder how badly out of whack the polls have to be that they're presenting Theresa May, that gurning authoritarian gargoyle, as the most popular politician in British history. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the tories' attempts to detoxify their brand by putting her in the forefront turn out to be a spectacularly misguided move.

well there was that one poll or so that gives her a high approval rating. I think that might just be because she's never really had to do anything high-profile in the public eye other than exist and be prime minister. Now that more than two politics geeks in the country are actually having to pay attention to her speaking and pretending to be a real human being that might fall a bit? Or maybe everyone actually loves Theresa and we're the crazy ones, who knows

Angepain fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 28, 2017

BobbyThompson
Mar 23, 2001

Kegluneq posted:

thank you!!!

(quick pissed perspective 'shopping.)

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Kegluneq posted:

Coalition of Chaos sounds like a RAD wrestling stable name

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

On most of the Tory posters and placards I've seen, everyone is a member of the "Standing With Theresa May" party like she realises how toxic the term Tory is

They've done well with it in Scotland and Ruth Davidson's Strong OppositionTM party.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

ro5s posted:

They've done well with it in Scotland and Ruth Davidson's Strong OppositionTM party.

Probably because Ruth Davidson has a personality.

Depressing to waych Nicola Sturgeon with Andrew Neil today basically stealing the clothes of the Tories. We have to cut nurses pay because there's no money, of course it isn't wrong to scrap surveys that don't give us the results we want, every vote for me will 'strengthen my hand' in the future. Remember when the SNP were supposedly a progressive party?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
The electorate would definitely vote for the Chaos Gods from Warhammer 40K, because sure, they will bring untold suffering into our physical realm, but they "tell it like it is"

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Kegluneq posted:

Ban this sick filth

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I feel like this should probably get a bit more attention:

quote:

In early 2017 the FBI told MI5 that Abedi belonged to a North African terror gang based in Manchester, which was looking for a political target in this country," a security source told The Mail on Sunday.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/jonathancoe/status/868916583262965760

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Thanks Ants posted:

It like one of those magazines for sociopaths that they have near the checkout. "Grandad sold my unborn children to perverts," "ex secretly poisoned my dog," "my dead son came back as a toaster-radio alarm clock," "a better future under Theresa May's Team."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, I think the peace man gets off on death.

You walloper.

Peace my arse.

The guy's got a boner for Semtex enthusiasts.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

You'll have to excuse me if I don't quite believe a "source" from the Mail

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Guavanaut posted:

It like one of those magazines for sociopaths that they have near the checkout. "Grandad sold my unborn children to perverts," "ex secretly poisoned my dog," "my dead son came back as a toaster-radio alarm clock," "a better future under Theresa May's Team."

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Yeah this totally isn't just US leakers trying to justify their existence after getting told off

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

This (and more advanced stuff) has been a normal feature in telephone centrals for decades. I know I shouldn't even bother fact-checking an article from such a magazine, but still, who even believes this poo poo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
The cleaning lady at work always has a stash of those magazines on the go. I like to read the readers' tips and the stories about ghosts.

I only recently learned when I asked why some magazines disappear and then reappear some time later that she is part of a network of other ladies and there is a mind-bogglingly complex magazine exchange system in place.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

crispy slept with the cleaning lady to infiltrate this network

good work

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Acaila posted:

AP's entire contribution to the thread seems to be tweets and sniping at other people. Like, even old Pissy puts more effort in than that.

When are the upcoming "debates" anyway? Is anything on to night to distract me from the Sunday Night Fear?

Would there even be a UKMT without "tweets and sniping at people" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

AP posted:

I do content too.

Did he really?

That's disgusting and beyond the pale.

• Locked thread