Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Theres a really great multiverse event up for the next 2.5 hours- 5 plat boxes, 2 epic drops, 3 diamond boxes for completing the three events. Each event is 3/5 difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
jay garrick: i hear that as a thief you're the cat's meow

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

jay garrick: i hear that as a thief you're the cat's meow

Need this skin even more now

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
There seems to be another easy platinum multiverse yet again on PS4 right now. Probably another later on XBox one as well. I believe they're doing a weekend of this multiple times.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I really like Grodd but he just seems too slow to be effective.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Scarecrow seems to be the same too. I like playing him though.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
Thanks to people mentioning you can get the AI to fight for you. I don't usually mind a bit of grinding, but so many characters to level to 20 wasn't exactly something I was looking forward to.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I think someone said earlier that you only need to get one character to 20, after that you can use tokens to boost characters you don't want to grind as much.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Anime_Otaku posted:

I think someone said earlier that you only need to get one character to 20, after that you can use tokens to boost characters you don't want to grind as much.

you need to use source crystals, aka money

also source crystals are best saved to buy skins

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah it's a great way to level and get gear while you're still picking up characters. I like putting dudes in endless in the background and just hitting A while I do chores or work

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Buying a character to 20 is ridiculously expensive, so if I really want to grind a character out I've been using the method posted upthread of doing a two-player match with nobody else playing. it's boring, but you can just treat it like a practice room and work on hitting combos.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Buying a character to 20 is ridiculously expensive, so if I really want to grind a character out I've been using the method posted upthread of doing a two-player match with nobody else playing. it's boring, but you can just treat it like a practice room and work on hitting combos.

You don't get loot but it's really really fast compared to AIing.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
So how about that "never miss" tower vs boss Harley, any thoughts

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Sounds terrible!

E: just fought a batman with the yellow oval and I NEED IT

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 21:12 on May 28, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Rank 1800's and nowhere near even the bronze goal.

Four people ever got the gold goal on this world. :confused:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Injustice Top 16 is streaming at Combo Breaker https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Injustice Top 16 is streaming at Combo Breaker https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

is this where they're going to play the red hood trailer?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

is this where they're going to play the red hood trailer?

Some time tonight, probably somewhere in top 8 though.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Only 1 deadshot in top 16 so no yall, deadshot was not ever broken.

Sonic fox is the one deadshot, and for the most part hes playing him hyper aggressively considering the character archetype.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
This Atrocitus seems really bad???

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
NVM this cheetah just poo poo their pants lmao

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
And that's why 3/5 is the best. He just had to make that adjustment to hitting the pounces and turned the whole thing around.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

This Atrocitus seems really bad???

Tekken master is one of the few people who can routinely hand sonic fox losses. First two games he was just bamboozled almost nobody knows anything about cheetah and just got bulldozed. But that is the benefit of the 3/5 match setting as the first two games were effectively time for him to learn and understand what was going on. That's why in the later games you saw him doing full screen breath attack to preemptively stop the cheetah full screen jumps.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just love "DOWNLOAD COMPLETE" matches

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Is Brainiac garbage? His moves seem really limited

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Ivy's backwalk -> b2 is just a little further and a little faster than I think it is every time.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Is Brainiac garbage? His moves seem really limited

Jury still out. He is one of the weirdest characters to use and his playstyle is nothing like anything that has previously existed in nrs games. It will take a long time before someone reaches his full potential I think.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am always reminded while watching pro fighters that I block about 10% of the times that I should be blocking

Edit: Oh man a counterpick?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Maybe Ivy is better than I thought

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: Oh man a counterpick?

Luls he got blown up

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Aquaman rules

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Maybe Ivy is better than I thought

She has only one wakeup (kiss) and no AA at all. Not even her uppercut will beat or trade with any jumps. So as long as you don't just get shoved into a corner and murdered she's fine.

Hilariously crushes online deadshots though.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

Aquaman rules

Aquaman is NRS Ryu effectively. Zero gimmicks, you win just by playing the game "right", making the right calls, spacing effectively, etc.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think that's the first time I've seen a super attempt in this tournament so far

Edit: I think I may have to main Harley

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 28, 2017

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
drat, Harley looks awesome. Pulling off some Equilibrium poo poo.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

These Black Canary combos are so sweet

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Black Canary played that matchup way wrong and ate a bunch of dumb stuff they didn't have to respect at all.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

THROAT SLICE

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

daily reminder that while trying to balance characters by giving them different HP values, NRS thought giving Batman the second most health in the game made sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

fadam posted:

daily reminder that while trying to balance characters by giving them different HP values, NRS thought giving Batman the second most health in the game made sense

In competitive everyone takes pretty much the same % damage, because defense values are different.

https://twitter.com/Osu16Bit/status/865668523644788737

• Locked thread