Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

TTerrible posted:

You say that now.

I mean I'm pretty far into this right now so I'm pretty nuts anyway.

Fully magnetized to deploy as Obelisk + C'tan or Tesseract Vault

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Awesome!

I've always liked how they sculpted the constant repair in progress on that.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

TTerrible posted:

Awesome!

I've always liked how they sculpted the constant repair in progress on that.

It's a super loving cool kit.

It died in one turn without doing anything in 7th.

Here's to hoping for 8th...

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

General Olloth posted:

It's a super loving cool kit.

It died in one turn without doing anything in 7th.

Here's to hoping for 8th...

A models effectiveness in its first game is inversely proportional to how much it cost or how much time you spent on it, or the sum of both. Whatever is greater.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

that one guy with converted DickSisters was awful enough

Wait what

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

TTerrible posted:

A models effectiveness in its first game is inversely proportional to how much it cost or how much time you spent on it, or the sum of both. Whatever is greater.

Yeah that sounds about right. it WAS killed by a stormsurge, to be fair.

(Which only had legs because he tried to pull an all nighter before the game to finish it, and did, and only managed to finish the legs all night. So, more effective I guess because it wasn't even close to done.)

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

General Olloth posted:

That's looking sick as hell.

For a while I considered buying just the tran c'tan by itself off eBay but I could never find it from a seller at a cost that was ever worth it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Let's not go down this rabbit hole or we are all going to end up plumbing the depths of hamland and be worse for it.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

That's looking sick as hell.

For a while I considered buying just the tran c'tan by itself off eBay but I could never find it from a seller at a cost that was ever worth it.

There is pretty much no chance it wouldn't arrive broken also. That thing is 99% all one piece. Parts of it snapped trying to carefully cut it off the sprue slowly with a brand new knife.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Senjuro posted:

Not just your phone. Was this picture leaked? I'm not seeing the source on the community site.

It was part of the live updates from Not-Games Day

edit: From what I can tell the ones on the right are the Fulminators (Ultramarines), Blades of Vengeance (DAngels) and the Storm Reapers (White Scars)

LOL Fulminators

Hustlin Floh fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 29, 2017

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
So, the oddest thing happened. My father-in-law wants me to introduce him to 40k come Thanksgiving. We won't have a gaming table, any suggestions on the best method to do this? Perhaps any literature to suggest he read as a primer to the setting?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Uroboros posted:

So, the oddest thing happened. My father-in-law wants me to introduce him to 40k come Thanksgiving. We won't have a gaming table, any suggestions on the best method to do this? Perhaps any literature to suggest he read as a primer to the setting?

Getting a table and some stuff to use as terrain is a one idea from me.

On Lore. Uhh not my area of expertise despite loving the setting.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Uroboros posted:

As a primer to the setting, might I suggest Fulgrim's Hole?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The Eisenhorn and Night Lords trilogies are the best novels if he's open to reading scifi books. If he's coming from a historicals grog background then the Badab War Imperial armour books might be a familiar format, obviously they're stupidly expensive though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hamshot posted:

In the badcast, who reads the fact or fanfic, it's SRM right? When will we get a new fanfic challenge? Artum becoming, uh, inspired by my description of the stormwolf boarding the gargant has me wanting to do more.

That's a me! I'll talk to Dan and see when we can pull together another one.

Soulfucker posted:

So here's the good poo poo:

I'm down to clown til I'm 6 feet in the ground with these boys, great work all around.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Uroboros posted:

You can't find a 4x6 surface anywhere? Not even a small one?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AndyElusive posted:

It's assumed everyone gets the new hotness.

Except those motherfuckers the Lamenters.

Lamenter Primaris Marines got intercepted by the Marines Malevolent. Take yellow armor, add some black, toss on a few decals, done!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You can't find a 4x6 surface anywhere? Not even a small one?

How do you have different sizes of 4x6 surfaces

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Uroboros posted:

You don't need to play a full sized table game. Just play 750 and bring 2 x troops, basic hq and some elites or a tank. That's usually good enough to be able to show off the way the game plays. Hell you could use the 8th starter box for premade Nurgle v Bigly action.

Half the games I play aren't on proper sized surfaces (although I just bought some board to fix this). My mate has this long skinny table on which we play our custom Valley of Death rules (free to deploy up to half way down the table, 1 x heavy support choice and no transports) and it's loving fun despite being stupid.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

chutche2 posted:

How do you have different sizes of 4x6 surfaces

Folding table? That's about the only way that sentence makes sense. I keep one in my trunk, soley to ham at the drop of a hat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Broken Record Talk posted:

Folding table? That's about the only way that sentence makes sense. I keep one in my trunk, soley to ham at the drop of a hat.

I am imagining you randomly meeting a stranger in a car park and having a disagreement. You reach into your boot, unfurl the table and get to slamming some hams to sort it out.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

JBP posted:

I am imagining you randomly meeting a stranger in a car park and having a disagreement. You reach into your boot, unfurl the table and get to slamming some hams to sort it out.

The new season of Yu-Gi-Oh sounds outstanding.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

JBP posted:

"Hold my neckbeard, and watch this..."

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I know boot means trunk in other parts of the world, but this still gave me a funny mental image.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

General Olloth posted:

This looks great! I always found the interior of the Vault to be one of the more daunting things to paint in the 40k range (if you aren't just drybrushing it, that is).

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

This looks great! I always found the interior of the Vault to be one of the more daunting things to paint in the 40k range (if you aren't just drybrushing it, that is).

I did vallejo black primer, vallejo air gunmetal, nuln oil over all of it really heavy for a lot of depth, and then necron compound drybrush to bring it out.

Going to go back in and paint the scarabs probably last because they are not very noticable on the table, trying to get the whole outside done at this point. I have the entire center + one hull quarter finished. The other 3 hull quarters need their black layer (to cover over all the drybrush misses on the metal on the outside of the hull and make the black nice and deep and consistent), green glowy bits, the gold head, and the edge highlights still.

I'll get a photo in here when I finish it for sure.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Hustlin Floh posted:

Looks like the new founding is the "Ultima Founding" and there will be plenty of successors

I'd really love to see a picture of this not taken with silly putty, but I'm glad to recognize the Salamanders. :D

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Liquid Communism posted:

I'd really love to see a picture of this not taken with silly putty, but I'm glad to recognize the Salamanders. :D

I was looking at Iron Hands successors the other day so seeing both Iron Lords and Brazen Claws on there is cool. I wonder if the Iron Hands will be cool with it.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I hope there's a fluff piece about Guilliman tampering with the bigmars to make them more like Ultramarines. That way everyone will be forced to play the best Chapter.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

TheLawinator posted:

I was looking at Iron Hands successors the other day so seeing both Iron Lords and Brazen Claws on there is cool. I wonder if the Iron Hands will be cool with it.

On the one hand, I can see the iron hands disliking the process of relying on improving their flesh to augment them rather than replacing the flesh with machine.

On the other, if the bigmarine program has the full support of Mars I can see the iron hands going along with it because of that.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I want Marneus Calgar to chuck a baby fit over being replaced as Ultramarine king dick and rebel against Guilliman.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

JBP posted:

I want Marneus Calgar to chuck a baby fit over being replaced as Ultramarine king dick and rebel against Guilliman.

:same:

Cainer
May 8, 2008

JBP posted:

New Emperor will just replace him with Marneus Bigar.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Calgar is literally more experienced than guilliman though

I bet calgar is going to get embiggened and if he does I want his head to stay the same size so it's even more out of proportion

I also want his artifact power fists to stay the same size as they are now

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

JBP posted:

You don't need to play a full sized table game. Just play 750 and bring 2 x troops, basic hq and some elites or a tank. That's usually good enough to be able to show off the way the game plays. Hell you could use the 8th starter box for premade Nurgle v Bigly action.

Half the games I play aren't on proper sized surfaces (although I just bought some board to fix this). My mate has this long skinny table on which we play our custom Valley of Death rules (free to deploy up to half way down the table, 1 x heavy support choice and no transports) and it's loving fun despite being stupid.

I feel 4x4 would work, but books and such will have to be terrain.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Too bad anyone that stands against Roboute is instantly destroyed by Tactical Genius (such as sending his air wings in waves) and Unparalleled Strategic Acumen (accidentally riding a warp storm into a battle while the warp storm removes 90% of the enemy combatants from the theatre).

Uroboros posted:

I feel 4x4 would work, but books and such will have to be terrain.

I used to put a green towel over the board and have it hug the books.

JBP fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 29, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

panascope posted:

I hope there's a fluff piece about Guilliman tampering with the bigmars to make them more like Ultramarines. That way everyone will be forced to play the best Chapter.

You sick bastard.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Broken Record Talk posted:

Do you have a 4x6 folding table? Ones that size are hard to find.

I have 3 2x4 folding tables. I just throw a mat over it and it seems to work okay. I'd rather have it just be a single table though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warboot
Dec 13, 2012

Snuff films...Ya know, for kids!

JBP posted:

All future conflicts ought to be settled this way

• Locked thread