Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
He could have at least left his hat for the pod to wear. What a dick.

Also there's a real winner in the Youtube comments for the new update video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

I wonder if all his followers being female had something to do with his weirdness. Did the human sexes interact with each other like this? Who knows...

The "Who knows..." here is extraneous.

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
Yokotaro followed me while he was drunk the other night and I'm so happy

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Like, on twitter, or...

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I hate to break it to you, but Yoko Taro follows like 20k people on twitter.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Nohman posted:

I don't think that guy understands what neoliberal means...

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

The Dark Id posted:

And YOU clearly lack a discerning eye. I bet men take advantage of you all the time.
Not exactly.

I'm dying to know the delivery of 2B's line, but it's not in the highlights.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

ZeeToo posted:

It's not voiced.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Anything in a text box and not subtitles isn't voiced.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
It's not voiced here but I think she might have been in Kyle's stream when he did this quest. Watching that steam is spoiler hell though

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

ZeeToo posted:

I always imagine it as :geno: "Not exactly."

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Nohman posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nohman posted:

... what?

*goes to look*

What the gently caress did I just read.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Somehow I feel quests ending without any closure is starting to become a theme...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I liked the Jean-Paul quest because everyone aside from the guy's followers treated the guy like the pretentious tool he is

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Nohman posted:

I'm glad someone has at last had the courage to stand up and call Id out for being such a regressiveneoliberalchusexualSJWleftistcommiewyvernlovingnewageretrohippie.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I'm glad someone has at last had the courage to stand up and call Id out for being such a regressiveneoliberalchusexualSJWleftistcommiewyvernlovingnewageretrohippie.

Whoa now, lets not go overboard here.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Social Justice Wyverns :argh:

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition

Tatumje posted:

Yeah I know he says he follows everyone that responded to him, but it still made me really happy considering I have less than 100 followers. He just seems like such a nice guy.

Anyway, if the person with the hearing impairment is still following this thread, I've got a buddy who is HOH and they turn the bass waaaay up so they can feel the vibrations. I know every situation is different and I don't know if that's something you could try in your situation but I thought I'd mention it.

The Big Whoop fucked around with this message at 02:55 on May 29, 2017

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Anything in a text box and not subtitles isn't voiced.

Define text box, because in my course of playing there is a rather even amount of voices and non-voiced text boxes.

Tatumje posted:

Yeah but, if I know math (which I don't really) being one of 20k is still part of the 6000th of less than 1 percentile of Twitter users (328m per some random website ). Someone just sounds jealous Yoko Taro isn't following them.

Pieuvre
Sep 19, 2010
philosophy was a mistake

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

The Big Whoop posted:

Anyway, if the person with the hearing impairment is still following this thread, I've got a buddy who is HOH and they turn the bass waaaay up so they can feel the vibrations. I know every situation is different and I don't know if that's something you could try in your situation but I thought I'd mention it.
That'd be me :v: Unless there's another guy whose name I've forgotten. I'm 100% deaf in both ears, though. I have a cochlear implant in my right ear, but I don't usually wear it when I'm gaming; I can't completely relax while I have it on.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
I'm glad that 32 second highlight video churned out some humor.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Big Whoop posted:

Yeah I know he says he follows everyone that responded to him, but it still made me really happy considering I have less than 100 followers. He just seems like such a nice guy.
Just as long as you don't ask him to tell your kids bedtime stories.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

Nohman posted:

I was really not expecting what I saw there.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The most disturbing part of the LP so far has been learning that dead existentialists can and will sue you from beyond the grave.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Dzhay posted:

The most disturbing part of the LP so far has been learning that dead existentialists can and will sue you from beyond the grave.

Non-existence may preceed esquires?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dzhay posted:

Is there a reason their estates are so litigious or is it residual assholishness?

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Most likely, but probably also similarly to how companies have to 'protect' their copyrights no matter how stupid the reason because if they don't then they lose it.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

A little bit of trivia for you folks if it wasn't mentioned sooner: the Hong Kong English version of the game that was available before the American one doesn't bleep out Sarte's name and keep both his and Beauvoir's names the same.

It just goes to show just how much :effort: went into handling that particular copyright issue.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Vadoc posted:

Most likely, but probably also similarly to how companies have to 'protect' their copyrights no matter how stupid the reason because if they don't then they lose it.

I think there was a ruling that struck that down, or maybe it's just something companies think is still true.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Chinese and Japanese courts don't give a gently caress.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Vadoc posted:

Trademarks, not copyrights. Copyrights in theory expire after a certain amount of time (but that keeps getting extended every time Mickey Mouse is due to enter the public domain). Trademarks last as long as the IP holder acts to defend them.

(That's in the US. These laws vary a lot by country.)

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

The Dark Id posted:

Youtube comments never change. At least it wasn't that weird narcissist giving their fake life story over 100 responses a day for a whole month over not exclusively doing stream races.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Trademarks, not copyrights. Copyrights in theory expire after a certain amount of time (but that keeps getting extended every time Mickey Mouse is due to enter the public domain). Trademarks last as long as the IP holder acts to defend them.

(That's in the US. These laws vary a lot by country.)

Ugh, I always get them mixed up.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I would give even odds that guy in the comments is a bot (like, the horrible kind, not the adorbs stubby kind), but I haven't read his other musings.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

God, if the machines can only learn from humans what they find on archives of the internet, no wonder they're so hosed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Speedball posted:

God, if the machines can only learn from humans what they find on archives of the internet, no wonder they're so hosed.

Not A Gay Name
Nov 8, 2008
Yeah I'm reasonably certain that the machines have yet to learn of the Internet. I think most of them are still in 50s idyllic family life era. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we saw a white picket fence at some point.

With exception of course to the birth of Adam, which given that scene I'm still not sure they've come across the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

I pray for a color palette that will not come.

The Dark Id posted:

Pfft, haha wow. "Groovy, Youtube Comments" are an amazing breed. Like rear end in a top hat existentialist C3POs.

At least Pascal's Village doesn't need to deal with the internet corrupting the minds of the stubs. I'm alright with that.

• Locked thread