Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

khwarezm posted:

I did like Cabba's feeble attempt to do it the old fashioned way and make Caulifla super mad, but he just can't nut up and do it properly.

Honestly nothing about Super Saiyan makes any sense. At the very least you'd think that the race of alien super warriors who presumably trained themselves to the gills and constantly put themselves and their friends in extreme danger would have produced tons of Super Saiyans between the original one and Goku. And then you have 8 year olds going SSJ seemingly because they tripped and stubbed their toe.
The Saiyans actually didn't train themselves, or at least didn't do formal training at length; I mean, I assume they did some ki shot practice and so forth. But most of the ones in U7 just blew away planets by showing up and kicking rear end, and if the enemy was tough enough to survive that, they went ape.

Also most of them seemed like assholes a lot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

The Saiyans actually didn't train themselves, or at least didn't do formal training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lso9j3jGp7w

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I thought it was weird a few weeks ago when Tenshinhan told his students to focus on their bellies while yelling. I guess this is going to be a thing now.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Yeah and he was the strongest of them despite being a shortarse, QED

Your average Saiyan was probably more like Raditz.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Nessus posted:

The Saiyans actually didn't train themselves, or at least didn't do formal training at length; I mean, I assume they did some ki shot practice and so forth. But most of the ones in U7 just blew away planets by showing up and kicking rear end, and if the enemy was tough enough to survive that, they went ape.

Also most of them seemed like assholes a lot of the time.

How do you know? Like these are meant to be people who have a primal urge to gently caress poo poo up to the point that they blew up their own planet and continuously seek out stronger challenges. Even if they didn't hit the gym every weekend their lifestyle would have intrinsically demanded that they stay strong and have been its own training. Considering how easy the Super Saiyan transformation has been shown to be in the end it just seems ridiculous that there was none for like a thousand years before Goku.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

khwarezm posted:

How do you know? Like these are meant to be people who have a primal urge to gently caress poo poo up to the point that they blew up their own planet and continuously seek out stronger challenges. Even if they didn't hit the gym every weekend their lifestyle would have intrinsically demanded that they stay strong and have been its own training. Considering how easy the Super Saiyan transformation has been shown to be in the end it just seems ridiculous that there was none for like a thousand years before Goku.

Most of the Saiyans just turned into giant apes and squished everyone.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I assumed super Saiyan had some kind of power level floor before you could achieve it. Goku was basically already the strongest Saiyan when he fought Frieza before he transformed. Goten and Trunks could do it thanks to the bizarre power level "catch-up mechanic" that seems to exist, which let them somehow be far stronger than Frieza at age eight.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Zinkraptor posted:

I assumed super Saiyan had some kind of power level floor before you could achieve it. Goku was basically already the strongest Saiyan when he fought Frieza before he transformed. Goten and Trunks could do it thanks to the bizarre power level "catch-up mechanic" that seems to exist, which let them somehow be far stronger than Frieza at age eight.

So like I said, it makes no sense, and never will.

That also reminds of another thing I found ridiculous, Goku becoming one of the most powerful beings in the universe after a single week of training on the gravity ship.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Pureauthor posted:

It just occurred to me that we missed out on an opportunity for Zamas to exploit his immortal body by using Kaioken x100.

The fun thing about Dragon Ball villains is that a lot of them could be far, far more powerful, but they lack the knowledge to exploit this.

Why Freeza could be is straight-up said in-series. He's the villain Gohan: ridiculous potential, no intention whatsoever to actually exploit it because effort. We've seen what only four months of training did, if he had completed said training, he would've been stronger than Goku and Vegeta as Super Saiyan Blue with no drawbacks whatsoever.
We know that Cell could be much stronger thanks to Freeza. He holds the same kind of bottomless potential, but he also had no idea about it. Even if he did know about it, he just wanted to get his tournament running ASAP because Saiyan cells mean he wants fights now, yesterday, tomorrow, always. He could also constantly power up through near-death thanks to the combination of Zenkai, Freeza's ridiculous toughness and Piccolo's regenerative abilities up to eleven.
Buu could just eat everyone and keep getting boosts forever. The versatility this has simply can't be overstated, in Heroes, Kid Buu becomes a Demon God (and a bad pun, because Japan) by eating Demon God Dabura.
Beerus is lazy and constantly holds back. We haven't seen him at 100% yet, and we have no way to know how strong that'd be beyond "weaker than Vegetto Blue". Which is cool, but Beerus can survive for more than a few minutes, so that's pretty good. And you know, Beerus doesn't need to fight, he can just use Destruction and win immediately.
As you said, Zamasu has an immortal body and all of Goku's techniques. Fusion Zamasu could push Kaioken to unimaginable heights to boost himself to ridiculous extents. Hell, Black could use Super Saiyan Rosé Kaio-ken, gently caress up his body, then use that to power the hell up. And if we use the manga Zamasu, he could be healed instantly as well.

On the last note, Goku Black has unused lines for the Kaio-ken in Xenoverse 2. I doubt that will be used, but it'd be cool as hell.

Also I don't get the people who say that 18 wanting cash is OOC or whatever. It's pretty blatant that Krillin and 18 did that to get cash out of Bulma (or Goku, but only Bulma could really pay). 18 would've likely joined anyways, she doesn't really want everyone, including her loved husband and daughter, dying, but goddamn it'd be really OOC for her if she let that kind of chance pass her, and Krillin played along because he loves her and because there's still a bit of early DB Krillin in the mature best husband we have here. 18 is well-known for using blackmail to her advantage, after all, she did it with Satan.

Also also I wish Super stopped adding unneccesary explanations. First the Potara time-limit, now the weird back thing. I don't even care about most stuff, I just want to have fun and goddamn the opening is wrong, I'm getting all the satisfaction, but those little details are so weird.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the explanations aren't necessary at all

who needed more explanation for super saiyan or w/e else

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

khwarezm posted:

That also reminds of another thing I found ridiculous, Goku becoming one of the most powerful beings in the universe after a single week of training on the gravity ship.

Goku was using hax on that space trip. He would beat himself near to death with training then eat a senzu bean so he could keep training. He went through an entire bag.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea the explanations aren't necessary at all

who needed more explanation for super saiyan or w/e else

Taking a look at the Dragonball wiki...

Apparently a whole lot of people.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The funniest thing of all to keep in mind is that, filler included

Gohan was easily the strongest person in the universe that couldn't transform by the end of the Freeza saga. Vegeta MIGHT have been stronger if he got a zenkai from dying, but otherwise Gohan might have been stronger than Goku if Goku didn't use Kaioken or SSJ.

He did go toe to toe with Final Form Freeza briefly before Goku came back, way better than Vegeta managed.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Rutibex posted:

Goku was using hax on that space trip. He would beat himself near to death with training then eat a senzu bean so he could keep training. He went through an entire bag.

It still tickles me pink that Vegeta gets himself smashed to the brink of death like 6 times on Namek, and even actually dies eventually, and yet with all those Zenkai boosts he can't hope to compete with Goku doing press ups in high gravity. And this was after he was obviously the stronger fighter on Earth and would have killed Goku if it wasn't for his friends intervening.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

khwarezm posted:

It still tickles me pink that Vegeta gets himself smashed to the brink of death like 6 times on Namek, and even actually dies eventually, and yet with all those Zenkai boosts he can't hope to compete with Goku doing press ups in high gravity. And this was after he was obviously the stronger fighter on Earth and would have killed Goku if it wasn't for his friends intervening.

Then Vegita spends the next 10 years training at high gravity, only for it not to work for him nearly as well :v:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Top detectives sleuthing out the plotholes of Dragon Ball here

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

I thought it was weird a few weeks ago when Tenshinhan told his students to focus on their bellies while yelling. I guess this is going to be a thing now.

That's actually consistent both in show and to the concept of ki. Chinese teachings believe it comes from you stomach, which I think is one of the seven chakras.

Remember when Videl learned to fly she had to bring her ki out from her stomach

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's hosed up that Goku got stronger than the current arc villain by drinking water two different times

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Professor Wayne posted:

Ki is a thing in real life and is all about the flow through chakra gates.

I'm no expert or whatever, but this is like the thing that comes up when I looked for it. A billion variations on this.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mordaedil posted:

Ki is a thing in real life

Not quite :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deg7jw4xmlM

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rutibex posted:

Then Vegita spends the next 10 years training at high gravity, only for it not to work for him nearly as well :v:
Nobody told Vegeta he needed to ALMOST die and then eat a senzu bean. Bulma could've probably repaired or built a Freeza healtank for him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

Nobody told Vegeta he needed to ALMOST die and then eat a senzu bean. Bulma could've probably repaired or built a Freeza healtank for him.

He figured it out on Namek. All he needed to gain infinite power was the help of Krillin and Dende. Just spend a year in the time chamber blowing holes in his chest and healing him up.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

khwarezm posted:

He was stronger than first arriving to Namek Goku. He just wasn't stronger than beat the gently caress up and healed in a tank Goku. And even if he was Goku had Kaioken.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Kild posted:

He was stronger than first arriving to Namek Goku. He just wasn't stronger than beat the gently caress up and healed in a tank Goku. And even if he was Goku had Kaioken.

No he wasn't, when Goku arrived on Namek Vegeta was getting a pounding off of Recoome who he couldn't hope to match, and in short order Goku easily defeats Recoome, Burter and Jeice like it was nothing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

khwarezm posted:

No he wasn't, when Goku arrived on Namek Vegeta was getting a pounding off of Recoome who he couldn't hope to match, and in short order Goku easily defeats Recoome, Burter and Jeice like it was nothing.

they're talking about after all that. right before freeza killed him

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Huh. Well. That's a bit too similar for pure coincidence.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

StrifeHira posted:

Are you just trying to say that Caulifla is cocky and confident like Goku or is there something i'm not getting.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

StrifeHira posted:

Yes, super saiyans have yellow hair and blue eyes

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Clearly Goku and Caulifla are the same person

I mean, have you seen them both in the same universe at once?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
- Trunks and Goten's ability to go super saiyan at such a young age came from the belief that people's genetics "got stronger" as they got stronger too. Goku was a measly 300 power level or so when he knocked up Chi Chi with Gohan, but was probably in super saiyan form when he knocked her up with Goten (remember that him and Gohan stayed in super saiyan form the week leading up to the Cell games). Of course that's not how DNA works, but Toriyama believed it.

- I don't think U9 is going to get 10 fighters so they might be disqualified on the spot.

- I hope the OP is updated to replace Buu with Freeza.

- Expecting Cabba, Kale and Caulifla to suddenly be good at Super Saiyan is a fool's errand, save for Kale who probably will be LSSJ like Broly. Vegeta and Goku have already surpassed SSJ and Gohan has his own form that's stronger than SSJ3 (allegedly).

- I fuckin love this:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

OB_Juan posted:

Also, is it an accident that both Cauli and Kale are so close to Kali, the Hindu goddess? On another show, I'd think so, but this show is so into pun names...

Vegetable, Carrot, Radish, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Kale

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Are you just trying to say that Caulifla is cocky and confident like Goku or is there something i'm not getting.

Hair design is oddly similar.

lezard_valeth posted:

Clearly Goku and Caulifla are the same person

I mean, have you seen them both in the same universe at once?

Nah that can't be true. That'd be as silly as Gohan being the real Saiyaman.

He only plays Saiyaman in the movies. :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

IcePhoenix posted:

Vegetable, Carrot, Radish, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Kale
Even Saiyan (Saiya-jin) is a pun. It's a mash-up of "wild people" and an anagram for "vegetable".

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflowers and Kale are all part of the same plant species.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

Even Saiyan (Saiya-jin) is a pun. It's a mash-up of "wild people" and an anagram for "vegetable".

Saiya jin translates to Saiya People and I will not hear otherwise :colbert:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Also Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflowers and Kale are all part of the same plant species.

Huh. The puns go deeper than I realised.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Pureauthor posted:

IIRC, Burdock, Onion, Carrots, and Radishes are also from the same genus.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
What's Tarble?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Dexo posted:

What's Tarble?

Vege-tarble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
My favorite line was Beerus calling Krillin Trillin. It's begging for a blingee. I also like how chrome says Trillin is a spelling error but not Krillin.

I don't know if it's an important detail or a slip in writing but gohan, piccolo tien and krillin could sense vegeta in ssb when he broke the time chamber again.

Also caulifa has her own theme song and her own special attack, she's probably important. Looking forward to dopey kale going crazy next episode though.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 08:51 on May 29, 2017

• Locked thread