Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

i don't believe "we decided to swap them"

Yeah, this is what sticks out for me. People have bitched every time they've added in a guest character, but they keep doing it because they always turn out extremely popular. I don't see what would change this time. None of the other characters look out of place though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Blockhouse posted:

the dude widely known for being bad at fighting probably isnt going to be in the fighting game

I mean, that didn't stop NRS with Scarecrow.

I was thinking about getting the standard edition and then upgrade it to the Ultimate via PSN but I'll wait for a bit in the off-chance that leak is real. I don't really care for any of those characters.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I mean, that didn't stop NRS with Scarecrow.

I was thinking about getting the standard edition and then upgrade it to the Ultimate via PSN but I'll wait for a bit in the off-chance that leak is real. I don't really care for any of those characters.

Which characters would you like to see Dark_Tzitzimine?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would like to see roarshark and clay face and timekeeper

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

fadam posted:

Which characters would you like to see Dark_Tzitzimine?

Constantine for one. Maybe Rorschach, Etrigan or Plastic Man.

Dunno, anyone but more Teen Titans.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Yet ANOTHER 9x diamond box metaverse for the next 3 hours! Hope this is a common weekend occurrence.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Holy poo poo is Spawn still relevant? How in the name of gently caress and who keeps wanting him to appear in media

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh boy I just set myself up for some nerd to go mmnyes Thpawn hath hith own limited therieth right now where he'th roomateth with Batman and kchmartian mankchunter

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Constantine for one. Maybe Rorschach, Etrigan or Plastic Man.

Dunno, anyone but more Teen Titans.

Those would all be pretty cool. Plastic Man and Static Shock were on the top of my list until my dreams got half shattered.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

What character would I like to see?

Booster Gold, with a character trait that allows him to rewind the previous five seconds.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spawn is so dumb.

But all comic book mans are dumb soooo :iiam:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Empress Brosephine posted:

Spawn is so dumb.

But all comic book mans are dumb soooo :iiam:

Spawn's bad rep has as much to do with his creator as the character himself.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I guess I'm the only one that would be happy if that leak is real for Terra and Beast Boy. I dunno, I think those two are way better characters than Lobo has ever been.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Roth posted:

I guess I'm the only one that would be happy if that leak is real for Terra and Beast Boy. I dunno, I think those two are way better characters than Lobo has ever been.

Wouldn't Beast Boy be an absolute nightmare to code and render in 3d?

Nova Odin
Jul 13, 2014
Another Diamond multiverse event just went up (probably the last one)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Probably, but if they do him well in the game then it's not my problem.

Edit - I mean, I doubt it's real because the only one it goes in-depth about is Red Hood who had his stuff shown off today.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'm good with that list if it's real.

There's a part of me that is conflicted because I would love a mystery Character Pack 4 that consisted of 3 characters from the first game. Just to bring them back. There were some cool chars I'd love to play in the new game.

Then again, a 4th pack with 3 new chars and no guests would be sweet too.

I was a huge Grundy and Zatanna fan from the first.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Robin has cool animations and sounds too bad he hits like a bitch

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

HMS Beagle posted:

Yeah, this is what sticks out for me. People have bitched every time they've added in a guest character, but they keep doing it because they always turn out extremely popular. I don't see what would change this time. None of the other characters look out of place though.

It doesn't make sense because they showed the silhouettes not too long ago, and they'd have to redo an entire gear system for Black Lighting. No way.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Theoretically, if they made it so he only shapeshifted briefly as part of special moves, the way Ivy or Hal will whip plants or constructs out of nowhere for a second before they disappear, that wouldn't be too terrible. It's still enough that I doubt they'd do it, but it's within the realm of possibility.

Spawn seems like somebody's dream rumor. If there's anybody on that list I do believe, though, it's Black Lightning. He's got a show coming out in the fall and I want to say he was in the comic briefly?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Aphrodite posted:

The appearance copy thing is so insanely expensive, it doesn't really matter if they're not epics anyway.

Yeah, except a lot of people play modes where the stats don't matter whatsoever so that's not really much of a problem. The real money stuff basically only exists to nickle and dime people with more money than sense.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I can't wait for all the batshit Black Manta helmets they come up with.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I hope that list isn't real cause I don't even know who terra, black lightning, or enchantress even are.

Black manta I also barely know anything about but he looks like a rad 1950's alien so that's cool.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Evil Canadian posted:

I hope that list isn't real cause I don't even know who terra, black lightning, or enchantress even are.

Black manta I also barely know anything about but he looks like a rad 1950's alien so that's cool.

All you need to know about Black Manta is that he hates Aquaman to the point that he went straight for a while, but when he found out Aquaman was alive, he immediately killed everybody in his fishery out of rage and went back to being a supervillain.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
That leak is pretty sketchy, considering the the weird phrasing and spelling mistakes. Also, they wouldn't design Static Shock and then go, oh no, it's actually Raiden - wait, I mean Black Lightning. I can believe Raiden is a fake-out premier skin, but I highly doubt it's Black Lightning. Terra would be cool, but she's not really that relevant. Also, it should definitely be Atlee. I think Spawn will probably be in the game, but anyone could've guessed that. Not to mention that all the Starfire and Red Hood info was available from public trailers and interviews.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Black Lightning has a new show coming out, so he might be in to get some cross-promotion going. That list is mad sketchy though.

Lekon
Nov 6, 2012
Thanks to those diamond events, my main guy Atrocitus just went from merely awesome to rage quit inducing.

Why? Level 20 Epic gloves that make Rage Charge (The flying face punches) trigger stage transitions, even without meter burn. Now, truly, he is an avatar of salt and rage online.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

My god I'm finally getting the hang of it. I was losing story mode matches until I just did single fights and learned a few of one character's moves. I was having buyer's remorse, but now it's a keeper.

hup posted:

I can't wait for all the batshit Black Manta helmets they come up with.

Make a stage transition where he can't get his giant dome through the wall

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I only know of Black Manta because of Young Justice.

Also that loving reminds me what character we actually do need for this game: motherfucking Sportsmaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X40cIPTLDwg&t=49s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDtKgmQwqIE&t=229s

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 29, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
wonder if the dlc characters will have premiere skins. i could see a hush skin for red hood.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Who the hell is Black Lightning?

EDIT: gently caress him, add Black Bomber: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lightning#Publication_history

quote:

The original candidate for DC Comics' first headlining black superhero was a character called the Black Bomber, a white racist who would turn into a black superhero under stress,[4] and be later described by comics historian Don Markstein as "an insult to practically everybody with any point of view at all."[5]]

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Was fighting supes as WW earlier and after he took my shield down he quips 'excuuuuse me princess' like Link from the bad Zelda cartoon :stare:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Didn't DC have a dude who flew through space on jet powered skis? I think he might have been connected to the New Gods somehow. Put that dude in the game.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Crowetron posted:

Didn't DC have a dude who flew through space on jet powered skis? I think he might have been connected to the New Gods somehow. Put that dude in the game.

Black Racer, one of the many aspects of death tooling around the DC Universe.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i kinda want raiden more tbh

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Kurtofan posted:

i kinda want raiden more tbh

Raiden owns gently caress whoever this rando guy is.

On a different note I have been reading up on some of the characters and I have always been obsessed with power levels growing up a dbz fan. Ol' Swamp thing, he is effectively untouchable isn't he? His power set just effectively is "I am the planet" and everything that comes with it, and simultaneously having mastery of all plant life throughout the universe.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think Darkseid is the most powerful

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Evil Canadian posted:

On a different note I have been reading up on some of the characters and I have always been obsessed with power levels growing up a dbz fan. Ol' Swamp thing, he is effectively untouchable isn't he? His power set just effectively is "I am the planet" and everything that comes with it, and simultaneously having mastery of all plant life throughout the universe.

Towards the end of Moore's Swamp Thing he gets hit with a device that scrambles his "signal" and very nearly actually kills him so he's not unbeatable.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Is there a discord ya'll are hanging around in?

I know there's some talk of restructuring the guilds, and I figure the best way to stay up to day is to join on discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

He's an elemental, a literal force of nature. Batman took him on once, and got chumped. This guy is the personification of the planet, which makes him a real heavy hitter. He's resiliant, but dependant on "nature", and I think if you take out the plantlife of a planet he goes down as well, so I'd put him below planetbusters like Supes, WW and GL, and def. way lower than galactic threats like Darkseid and Braniac.

• Locked thread