Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:byodame: "Come on girls, we need to get ready for school! Taylor, Madison, Polk, McKinley, get your stuff we're leaving. Agnew! What did I tell you, young man? You march yourself right back in that room and put on your utilikilt! No son of mine is wearing pants to school. "

:v:" But moooom, Pnurtis always gets to wear pants to Fidget Spinner practice! How mom lets him!"

:byodame: "And Pnurtis's mother spends her whole time at the Minecraft meets chugging box wine she hides in cartons of almond milk. So I don't care what she lets Pnurtis do. Get in your utilikilt, our Uber isn't going to wait all day."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

*searches for lullaby versions of Death Grips songs on youtube*

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Ask Alexa to play baby music and it'll literally play lullaby covers of top 50 hits.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Panfilo posted:

Ask Alexa to play baby music and it'll literally play lullaby covers of top 50 hits.

Is this real life serious? I can't tell.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

*Buys only child 1001 different types of toys*

*Gets 6 year old child a iphone 7*

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

etalian posted:

*Buys only child 1001 different types of toys*

*Gets 6 year old child a iphone 7*

Not having kids, I still don't understand this one. Is it about them fitting in with peers who also have phones - expensive ones, too - or is it just some kind of Helicopter-Parent tracking device for their purposes?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

phasmid posted:

Not having kids, I still don't understand this one. Is it about them fitting in with peers who also have phones - expensive ones, too - or is it just some kind of Helicopter-Parent tracking device for their purposes?

Both, and an alternative to Thorazine.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Like, holy poo poo. I would not let a six year old just get on the internet unsupervised. Jesus loving hell in a hand grenade.

Literally A Person posted:

I hate this planet sometimes.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Outrail posted:

Is this real life serious? I can't tell.

Yeah. I was at my brother's house and his Amazon Echo was playing a lullaby whose melody was a slow-tempo tinkly version of Lady Gaga's 'Pokerface'.

Some love ballads work well as a lullaby melody, like John Legend's 'All of me'. Others are a little disturbing if you already know the lyrics, like Hozier's Take me to Church' :stare:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The millennial parenting solution when the kid gets angry or bored is just put them in front a Ipad.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

etalian posted:

The millennial parenting solution when the kid gets angry or bored is just put them in front a Ipad.

This, but somehow they think it's better than television...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

etalian posted:

Really not any different than the last generation's solution being "put them in front of a Nintendo".

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chomp8645 posted:

Really not any different than the last generation's solution being "put them in front of a Nintendo".

You're missing the point. Things I did when I was a kid were totally functional and not at all dangerous to my development. It's the way kids are parented now that sucks. Duh.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

these lazy kids couldn't handle a Nintendo game. I spent an entire summer trying to beat Contra. modern kids would just give up and play another round of cookie clicker :argh:

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

"Hey, Kylo. How you doing, bud? Dad's just gonna pop out for some American Spirits. You...you be a good boy, okay? Be good for your mom. I'll see you guys later."

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
im a vegan

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

sick tats brah posted:

"Hey, Kylo. How you doing, bud? Dad's just gonna pop out for some D3cod3d vape juice. You...you be a good boy, okay? Be good for your mom. I'll see you guys later."

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

sick tats brah posted:

"Hey, Kylo. How you doing, bud? Dad's just gonna pop out for some American Spirits. You...you be a good boy, okay? Be good for your mom. I'll see you guys later."

:qq: "Dad went out for smokes 20 years ago...I'm still waiting for him to come back..."
*Father of Mine by Everclear plays in the background*

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Panfilo posted:

:byodame: "Come on girls, we need to get ready for school! Taylor, Madison, Polk, McKinley, get your stuff we're leaving. Agnew! What did I tell you, young man? You march yourself right back in that room and put on your utilikilt! No son of mine is wearing pants to school. "

:v:" But moooom, Pnurtis always gets to wear pants to Fidget Spinner practice! How mom lets him!"

:byodame: "And Pnurtis's mother spends her whole time at the Minecraft meets chugging box wine she hides in cartons of almond milk. So I don't care what she lets Pnurtis do. Get in your utilikilt, our Uber isn't going to wait all day."

Excuse you but Pnurtis is going to Regionals with that spinner. We bought an artisanal spinner off Etsy for $320 but can you really put a price on your child's whimsy?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Excuse you but Pnurtis is going to Regionals with that spinner. We bought an artisanal spinner off Etsy for $320 but can you really put a price on your child's whimsy?

Yes, it's a $7 GI Joe.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*rides around in rear of car checking pulse of baby at each red light*

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*spends year preparing kid (a bit like a dog for crufts) to be the face of Kinder bars then has long rant on Facebook and parenting forums when they realise that promotion doesn't exist anymore*

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

julian assflange posted:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

julian assflange posted:

Just lol if you don't have your kid wearing a Fitbit logging xir vitals 24/7.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

*continually posts photos and videos of their toddler onto the group chat, including pictures of their poop and other biological components, because of course we all need to see that!*

*mum whips out the breast while we're all in the same room, leading to awkward turning of heads and pretending we didn't just see full tit*

*gives their child a ridiculous middle name because that's so cute nowadays*

Dollas posted:

*is intolerable*

Also insufferable, but yeah.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Yes, it's a $7 GI Joe.

If you look at toys' prices now versus around 20 years ago it's pretty ridiculous. Action figures selling for like 16 bux plus tax? I wouldn't have had many action figures as a kid.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

phasmid posted:

If you look at toys' prices now versus around 20 years ago it's pretty ridiculous. Action figures selling for like 16 bux plus tax? I wouldn't have had many action figures as a kid.

Marketing people know millennial parents will buy them so they can secretly collect in the guise of buying presents for their children.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Marketing people know millennial parents will buy them so they can secretly collect in the guise of buying presents for their children.

:monocle: hooooolyyy poo poo that's exactly what I would do!

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

A lesbian couple I know named their child Xeven. Later they announced on facebook that they changed it to Zeven for clarity.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Panfilo posted:

Yeah. I was at my brother's house and his Amazon Echo was playing a lullaby whose melody was a slow-tempo tinkly version of Lady Gaga's 'Pokerface'.

Some love ballads work well as a lullaby melody, like John Legend's 'All of me'. Others are a little disturbing if you already know the lyrics, like Hozier's Take me to Church' :stare:

When I worked at a day care the treasurer of the church board decided the only music we could listen to was instrumental or Christian so those covers were the closest thing to good music I could get

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

54 40 or gently caress posted:

*muttering passive aggressively to herself* "Keep choking down that alcopop you call a Moscato bougie bitch... "

:byodame: "Agnew come on, I didn't spend $400 on fidget spinner tutoring so you could touch yourself under your utilikilt! You can scratch yourself during half time!"

" Ref, do you see what Pnurtis is getting away with? Am I going to have to talk to the Superintendent again?! "

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Takes picture of baby next to Hillary coffee cup.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

etalian posted:

Takes picture of baby next to Hillary coffee cup.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I bought this Ergo baby carrier for 275, bringing my babywearing collection up to 8 slings and three carriers at a net worth of $6000

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
*posts tweets about how mad 3 year old is about hillary losing*

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
*Has a twitter account of the made up funny thing my kid says*
Kid: mom is this soy or cashew milk?
Me: it's coconut
Kid: *muttering* Jesus Christ

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
*Dresses up child as Homestuck character for Halloween*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

*Let's kids destroy the house and says on Facebook how cute it is*

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

sick tats brah posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
*Puts 0-6 month old baby into a series of containers and slings*

*Baby literally never learns to roll over, screams if on its side or god forbid on stomach*

*innocent loving infant develops rectangular loving ribcage and is crippled because mom can't put down phone *

*millennial mom brings infant to expensive loving massage therapist (me) to teach 6 month old how to lift its head or roll over*

*I take all their loving money, mom never puts the phone down during the whole thing *

*Puts baby back in container immediately carrying it in one hand, wailing on that loving phone with the other. *

• Locked thread