Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Taintrunner posted:

Are any of these infinite survival games that keep popping up on Steam worth their weight? I have like... Subnautica, but I'm waiting for that to get out of early access.

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

deus ex mankind divided's ending is not told to you so much as it is barfed at you

although it's still longer than HR's ending

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

People act like rogue lites are the bane of gaming but i'll take a million more of those over another wilderness survival crafting game. I mean at least some of the rogue lites have been really good

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Red Bones posted:

I watched the first season and I remember enjoying the fact that every episode was essentially just a modern-style horror movie, but two hunks would kill the monster in the last act. The heroes live within this world of early 2000's and onward, low-budget horror. I think now it's about the apocalypse though? Is it still running?

The Apocalypse story arc covered the first five seasons. It's on season 13 now. Satan possessed the president and impregnated the president's side chick with a demon baby, because that's apparently how it works, and the demon baby tore a hole in space time to an alternate dimension. There, now you're all caught up.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Who is in charge of Capcom decision making and can reasonably explain the thought process behind $40 Ultra Street Fighter 2.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They said something like they're basing whether or not to do more switch stuff on how well USF2 sells so maybe they just don't want to make any more switch games ever

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Who is in charge of Capcom decision making and can reasonably explain the thought process behind $40 Ultra Street Fighter 2.

the person who decided devil may cry 4: special edition should let you buy blue orbs for two bucks

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The Switch doesn't have many games and right now publishers are taking advantage of the fact that people will mindlessly buy something to try and justify their purchase. It's the same reason that Binding of Isaac was $40.

Plus the cards are more expensive to make than CDs putting Nintendo back in the situation they were in with the N64 (though that doesn't explain digital prices being jacked up).

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

glam rock hamhock posted:

It's the same reason that Binding of Isaac was $40.

Are you serious, you could probably pick it up for 99 cents on PC

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I feel Capcom could have maybe gotten away with this if they hadn't already released the game with HD graphics for $10 like five years ago. Like if the new, honestly not great, visual were at least this new thing they could sort of claim they made a new edition of the game thus $40 but NOPE, they can't even do that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

It's the same reason that Binding of Isaac was $40.
loving what. :stare:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Help Im Alive posted:

They'll probably announce a new inFamous at E3 right

Suckerpunch seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth (and I guess they took retro studios with them)

I can still dream of an HD remake or sequel to Rocket: Robot on Wheels :sigh:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are you serious, you could probably pick it up for 99 cents on PC

Mordja posted:

loving what. :stare:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth-plus-switch

The physical version at least has an old school full color manual and some tat but the $40 is still absurd, even if you ignore how cheap every edition of the game has been on PC.

It really sucks because I love that game and I wouldn't mind having it on my Switch but I think I can get every other version of the game on every other system it's on combined for less than they want for the Switch version.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I mean, it had all the DLC which comes to about $35 total on other platforms.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Other platforms meaning PC because Vita and PS4 are only the base game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Obviously you are not going to get a new switch port for the steam sale price.

Also, don't buy a new console if you want reasonably priced ports.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
http://www.cgmagonline.com/2017/05/29/nintendo-files-trademark-for-super-nintendo-world-in-the-us/

quote:

Nintendo recently placed a trademark request for ‘Super Nintendo World’ in the U.S.

Through the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), Nintendo filed a trademark application for ‘Super Nintendo World’ which is currently the company’s game themed park attraction set for Universal Studios Japan, in Osaka.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Healbot posted:

Other platforms meaning PC because Vita and PS4 are only the base game.

PS4 just doesn't have the latest expansion.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

The Switch doesn't have many games and right now publishers are taking advantage of the fact that people will mindlessly buy something to try and justify their purchase. It's the same reason that Binding of Isaac was $40.

Plus the cards are more expensive to make than CDs putting Nintendo back in the situation they were in with the N64 (though that doesn't explain digital prices being jacked up).
It's a 23 year old game that's been released a dozen times before except with 2 palette swap characters and a really broken 3D mode that no one asked for. They didn't even have this for launch which makes it even more bizarre.

I feel Capcom could have maybe gotten away with this if they hadn't already released the game with HD graphics for $10 like five years ago. Like if the new, honestly not great, visual were at least this new thing they could sort of claim they made a new edition of the game thus $40 but NOPE, they can't even do that.
HDR was released in 2008, so it's just about 9 years old.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

watch it be for, like, a bigger regional expansion of nintendo world in new york :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

tbh I'm kinda surprised they didn't do the theme park thing back in the 80s or 90s on some scale

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvhYqeGp_Do

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Motto posted:

tbh I'm kinda surprised they didn't do the theme park thing back in the 80s or 90s on some scale

I mean they were more ubiquitous and more in charge back then but I feel like they didn't have the same insane devoted fanbase they do now. Nintendo is somehow a goddamn ethos to some people.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Finally a Super Nintendo version of Nintendo world

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

chumbler posted:

What is the best Sonic game cheesy final boss music? I gotta go with Unleashed, personally.

Is E.G.G.M.A.N. final boss music? Because if so, then that. It's music about a final boss at any rate.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Injustice 2 is my favorite game of the year. This is so addictive.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I said come in! posted:

Injustice 2 is my favorite game of the year. This is so addictive.

This post is correct :o

Slowly turning your DC comics dudes into Mortal Kombat dudes with gear is awesome and I am going to be addicted for months.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I want Injustice 2 but for once I'm gonna wait for the goty edition because I never get to play a large amount of the cast in NetherRealm games because I drop them before the dlc.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Injustice 2 is great. None of the DLC characters seem that super appealing, though. Black Manta, maybe.

When Tekken 7 comes out, my brain is probably going to blow up trying to juggle two fighting games at the same time.

Also watching some Street Fighter V this weekend has me wondering whether I should get around to playing that copy that I bought but never actually installed

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Injustice 2 is great. None of the DLC characters seem that super appealing, though. Black Manta, maybe.

When Tekken 7 comes out, my brain is probably going to blow up trying to juggle two fighting games at the same time.

Also watching some Street Fighter V this weekend has me wondering whether I should get around to playing that copy that I bought but never actually installed

I am conflicted on buying like Tekken 7. That game is going to hands down be great, no doubt, but how do I juggle two fighting games, like you said? I can't do it. D:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I had a revelation today and suddenly Puyo Puyo makes sense. I'm the big brain on the brain chart.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I've finally revealed it

The reason why I joined Something Awful

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
cool

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Burnt-Out Smash Pros Are Talking About Unionizing

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My instinctive reaction was "HAHAHA!" but then I remembered some of the super hosed up schedules some competitive gamers have(especially MOBA or RTS ones) and rethought it, that's not a bad idea. Being beholden to a bunch of tournaments that can pop up anywhere and maybe with little notice would really, really suck. Sponsors can exploit their charges very unreasonably, and some comp gamers get put through the wringer for their craft. Again, especially MOBA/RTS players, but fighting game players too.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Can't they just not go to some of the tournaments?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

tap my mountain posted:

Can't they just not go to some of the tournaments?
Sponsors want as much coverage as they can get. I imagine signing a sponsor contract comes with caveats like having to go to events your sponsor tells you to, and with more events popping up every year, it's probably getting to be a bit much.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Oh didn't know smash had actually had sponsers. I know it's got a really big scene, but I always pictured it as a big mess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Everyone who labors and generates value should organize and protect themselves from those who would siphon off as much of that value as they can get.

No war but class war.

• Locked thread