Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wark Say posted:

I'm surprised that Trump being disrespectful wrt fallen soldiers is not a bigger deal, taking into account how gung-ho some republicans can be about the military.

He insulted the service members in worse ways during the campaign and made light of John McCain's POW experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Wark Say posted:

You'd think that, complete lack of principles aside, a little bit of lip service for one of the occasions where it'd be important might be good. Serves what I know.

Trump is the man who called John McCain a loser for getting captured and made the "maverick" his obedient bitch. If he actually had any intelligence he'd at least make his cruelty creative and hire a former Vietcong member to dictate his missives to McCain like an angry jailer in Vietnamese.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Could you imagine if Obama said in 2008 "I like people who weren't captured"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pakled posted:

Obama vaguely sleighting a Marine who was carrying his umbrella became a national controversy.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Pakled posted:

I have had this thought 'could you imagine if Obama said that' about 100 times in the past six months.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

canepazzo posted:

Fake??? I already got a Roadhog Trump skin and a "no puppet, you're the puppet" voice line!

I would pay very real money for these

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Obama vaguely sleighting a Marine who was carrying his umbrella became a national controversy.

Iirc, Obama didn't even actively engage with the marine. A picture was taken and people flipped out.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I just found this when trying to find dumb Obama "controversies" images.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ularg posted:

I just found this when trying to find dumb Obama "controversies" images.

This graphic says exactly 1 thing, and it's not what Republicans think.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

An actual marine said that what Obama did was NBD and none of the screaming heads cared. They don't care about the opinions or beliefs of servicemen.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Do you remember when everyone lost their poo poo about Obama's (lack of) a flag lapel pin

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I miss president Obama, you guys.

I didn't vote for him once. :cry:

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

Lightning Lord posted:

An actual marine said that what Obama did was NBD and none of the screaming heads cared. They don't care about the opinions or beliefs of servicemen.

This is what I always think of when people cry about that.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Pellisworth posted:

Do you remember when everyone lost their poo poo about Obama's (lack of) a flag lapel pin

I know that he was no drama obama but there was some fire in our intelectually measurable leaders in the past.

At least one of them would have replied that America is not so insecure as to need a flag pin.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Wark Say posted:

I'm surprised that Trump being disrespectful wrt fallen soldiers is not a bigger deal, taking into account how gung-ho some republicans can be about the military.

Trump disrespected a gold star family during the general election and none of them cared. Like all Republican principles, their respect for servicemen only lasts as long as it is convenient for them.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Me neither. I wasn't quite old enough to in 08 (good thing too because my dumb rear end would have voted for McCain) and I wrote in Bernie in 2012 (I live in MA so it didn't really matter.)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Internet Kraken posted:

Trump disrespected a gold star family during the general election and none of them cared. Like all Republican principles, their respect for servicemen only lasts as long as it is convenient for them.

"It's about feelings, not facts"

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Some cared a bit since Trump's polling reached its all time low in the aftermath of the DNC but then some time went by and Hillary fainted on 9/11 so people stopped caring.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

obama was my first vote :blush:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Rinkles posted:

The incongruity and disgust are melting Mattis' face off.

Isn't that just his resting face?

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Skaw posted:

Hell yeah, I can't wait to get a box of rotten Trump Steaks and stagnant Trump Ice bottled water.
Lmao if you think he'll send out "premium" TRUMP products instead of bumper stickers and trucker hats emblemized with his tweets.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The only thing making me lean toward "fake" is the idea of Trump giving away merch at, assumedly, a discounted price.

e: god loving drat it really

Well yes, but that is assuming that you something actually ships out and arrives once payment is made, which won't happen so it doesn't matter what the discounted price is.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Chilichimp posted:

This graphic says exactly 1 thing, and it's not what Republicans think.

Exactly anyone who thinks about this for more than 5 seconds will realize we are pretty hosed

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

John Miles posted:

obama was my first vote
and he will be my last

follow that camel!!
Jan 1, 2006

For people outside the United States, this video is from the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, which is part of Arlington Cemetery. It shows the general vibe of the place, and that being jovial is not really appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsdHxUXf2CE

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Reminder

Mustard, fistbumping, lattegate, killing Osama,, etc, etc.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
My first vote was for people no one's heard of because it was a midterm election.

Dr. Klas
Sep 30, 2005
Operating.....done!

clockworkjoe posted:

I'm not sure if this is more for the RWM thread, but someone blew up at me today about how it's unfair that Europe has" 40% tariffs for cars and it's wrong that we don't"

I know that would probably trigger a trade war if 45 did implement punitive tariffs, but what is the deal with EU tariffs vs American?

A quick googling gave me the numbers. 10% tariff on imports to EU. The US has a 2.5% tariff on cars and 25% on trucks. Source: http://www.caranddriver.com/features/free-trade-cars-why-a-useurope-free-trade-agreement-is-a-good-idea-feature

Bear in mind that looking at tariffs one by one is not really clever since there are millions of products with different tariffs. I honestly doubt that reducing the tariff on American cars in EU would make any significant difference on the sales numbers.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

follow that camel!! posted:

For people outside the United States, this video is from the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, which is part of Arlington Cemetery. It shows the general vibe of the place, and that being jovial is not really appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsdHxUXf2CE

They don't gently caress around at all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5a7trb9bE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uhs2Qbu4Zs

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

I can't wait for the unboxing videos.

"He*voice crack*ey it's ya boi CuckKillerDeusVult1488 here with the latest Big League Box! *takes out and awkwardly holds a replica German trench knife* O-okay, let's open this motherFU*voice crack*CKER UP!! TRUMP!" "Jeremy I know you're making your little web video in there, but keep it down, please." "*sound of someone seething through braces*"

Wark Say posted:

The GOP only give a poo poo about the military when it lets them have jerkoff fantasies about dead brown people, or when they need a quick way to pretend to be superior to real people without putting any thought into it..

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Which, incidentally, wrecks the term used to describe the original phenomenon. It's actually quite clever.

If that had been his intent it would've been clever, but it's far more likely he was just doing his standard I'm rubber you're glue poo poo and projection. Basically "Fake News" version of "No puppet. No puppet. You're the puppet!"

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

PT6A posted:

Do Americans typically not sing the lyrics to their national anthem when it's playing? I mean, it's odd that he's the only one doing it, but other than that it doesn't seem strange.

We do at, like, sporting events. Not at Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day, lmao

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

He's saying NK is playing with their crappy toys and China is a tryhard.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Let's be clear, Republicans don't give a good God-damned poo poo about service members. The only thing they care about is the projection of power our military provides. They masturbate to footage of tomahawk missiles launching.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Wark Say posted:

Remember that politics (I feel especially conservative politics) is all about, when they do it, it's a bad bad thing, scream from the building tops. When we do it, we have a reason or can make up a reason or at least hand wave it away.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Mide posted:

I watched most of the memorial ceremony on the Fox News stream and people were going nuts about how amazing Trump was for just putting his hand over his heart...

He remembered this time, we're all so proud our widdle pwesident! Yes we are!

*sigh* They grow up so fast. Seems like only yesterday he was grabbing pussies and raping his wife... *wipes a tear from the corner of their eye*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dan Le Batard will be very pleased with Trump's next undo-Obama action.

cormac
Dec 18, 2005

PerniciousKnid posted:

Wouldn't they just charge VAT on US cars?

Yep, vat is charged at the point of import.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ularg posted:

Let's be clear, Republicans don't give a good God-damned poo poo about service members. The only thing they care about is the projection of power our military provides. They masturbate to footage of tomahawk missiles launching.

https://twitter.com/pitbull/status/869240498510217216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Same.

I voted for him TWICE.

(I voted Edwards in the 2008 Primary because I'm constantly wrong).

• Locked thread