Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

IIRC, Burdock, Onion, Carrots, and Radishes are also from the same genus.

only radishes are brassicas (along with nappa, kale, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower). burdock are daisies, carrots are their own thing, and onions are alliums (along with garlic, leeks, and shallots)

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lezard_valeth posted:

Clearly Goku and Caulifla are the same person

I mean, have you seen them both in the same universe at once?

Well, Cabba is the U6 Vegeta, right? So it stands to reason that there would be a U6 Goku....

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Isn't that image just showing that it looks like she's going SSJ2 because her hair is similar to SSJ2 Goku?

Which would be a weird thing to have happen after only just achieving SSJ1 but hey I'm all for these gals playing catch-up

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Kelp Plankton posted:

Isn't that image just showing that it looks like she's going SSJ2 because her hair is similar to SSJ2 Goku?

Which would be a weird thing to have happen after only just achieving SSJ1 but hey I'm all for these gals playing catch-up
Could make sense/a funny scene if Cauliflowa and Cabba keep pressuring Kale to just go SSJ, they somehow go SSJ2 themselves and once Kale snaps its just :stare: oh poo poo :stare:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I can't wait for Kale to scream MAXIMUM in the English dub.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I'm sure we won't be shown Kale trying to go SSJ here. They'll save that for the tournament. I'm hoping Cabba and Caulifla arrive at the tournament in shellshock. :allears:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm just glad the interminable and pointless "Goku isn't telling everyone what the tournament is really about because ehhhh?" plotline is over

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blockhouse posted:

I'm just glad the interminable and pointless "Goku isn't telling everyone what the tournament is really about because ehhhh?" plotline is over

Hey, we could still milk that with Roshi. We won't, but we could.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

YF-23 posted:

I'm sure we won't be shown Kale trying to go SSJ here. They'll save that for the tournament. I'm hoping Cabba and Caulifla arrive at the tournament in shellshock. :allears:

Her going full Broly is in the preview for the next episode.

WTF BEES
Feb 26, 2004

I think I just hit a creature?
Hoping for some jealousy style antics from Z-Fighter wife crew when confronted with female saiyans, assuming they get to come along as spectators/watch from a distance BaBa's Crystal ball style.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Why are robots and cyborgs allowed in the tournament, but Frost can't have a simple poison needle? Doesn't seem fair.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Rutibex posted:

Why are robots and cyborgs allowed in the tournament, but Frost can't have a simple poison needle? Doesn't seem fair.

It's basically bloodsport for the amusement of the child emperor twins. They don't want to see a bunch of fighters collapse because of a poison needle you can't even see. They want some raw, brutal beatdowns where two fighters try to reduce each other down to hamburger meat. So it's fine if you're mechanical and/or you've got extendy-arms with iron claws. Those are only going to enhance the violence, not bypass it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
buu will never get to be cool and i am sad

stop bringing frieza back though, let him rest in peace

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rutibex posted:

Yeah, I don't get this. Beerus even wondered if 17 and 18 would be fine, which made sense, but apparently just...completely weaponized cyborgs are completely fine, even with the no weapons rule. I don't get how that's any different from Frost's needles, other than being far more extreme and thus logically even more against the rules.

Maybe that's the point and U3 will get destroyed immediately because for all the Kaioshin's intelligence he couldn't be bothered to read the rulebook. That'd be funny. But I doubt it.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

spit on my clit posted:

buu will never get to be cool and i am sad

This is the third time we have been cock blocked on Buu fighting, yet they went out of their way to show a two scenes of Buu kicking rear end in a fight. I am hoping against hope that this means Toei is planning a neo-buu arc after the tournament of power. Have Buu absorb Whis or the Grand Priest or something and turn evil again. I'd watch that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rutibex posted:

because the robits and cyborgs are their natural state but Frost is using the needle has a weapon so clearly he just needs to have the needle put in his body in future

like as a natural feature

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

IcePhoenix posted:

Vegetable, Carrot, Radish, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Kale

Well yeah, but they do multi-puns sometimes like Pan

Pureauthor posted:

Also Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflowers and Kale are all part of the same plant species.

I did not know this. See, multi-leveled puns!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Saiya is an anagram of the word yasai which means vegetable in Japanese. Naming convention is this:

- full blooded Saiyans are vegetables (Vegeta, Nappa, Raditz etc)
- Namekians from Earth are musical instruments (Piccolo, Tambourine)
- Earthlings are other food dishes, usually of Chinese origin (Siu and Mai, Kuririn is chestnut & Marlon is French for chestnut, tenshihan and Chaozu are derived from fried rice and dumpling)
- Bulma's family is all puns on clothing
- Satan's family is all religious deities, including Pan
- Namekians from Namek are named after slugs and snails
- Bibidi Bobidi Buu, also Abra Cadabura
- Frieza clan is named after fridges and cold stuff obviously, his soldiers are named after fruit (Dodoria is a pun on durian)
- Ginyu force is named after dairy products though

Of course there's all of the movie people that get their own naming convention, like the spice boys, Cooler's henchmen, and whatnot.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I look forward to Caulifla unlocking Super Saiyan Blue in a month.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I've said before that I don't​ like the idea of The Big Freeze coming back, but on the plus side it gives them an opportunity for some interesting character interaction. Like, Freeza and the androids have never met before. It's totally possible that they don't even know what he looks like.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
My hope is that U7 wins the tournament and Goku wishes for the inhabitants of all the other universes to be transported to U7 so he would have more people to fight. It would be chaos and I would love it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm 100% ok with Frieza coming back but I really wish it was Cell

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i hope universe 10 wins and gowasu wishes to learn how to do a double kickflip on his skateboard

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm 100% ok with Frieza coming back but I really wish it was Cell
Frieza is absolutely a better choice from a practical standpoint. Yeah, Golden Frieza got chumped, but he's got a hell of a lot more promise as a fighter in this than Arrogance McKilled-by-a-twelve-year-old

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

seiferguy posted:

Of course there's all of the movie people that get their own naming convention, like the spice boys, Cooler's henchmen, and whatnot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAiKGMMYoRs&t=51s

GIIINGERBREAD

TUTTI FRUTTI

CHEEEEESE

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nalin posted:

My hope is that U7 wins the tournament and Goku wishes for the inhabitants of all the other universes to be transported to U7 so he would have more people to fight. It would be chaos and I would love it.

This better be what happens.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Goku is almost for sure going to turn U7 into the Omniverse by force fusing every single other one into his so he has x12 the infinity to fight

EDIT: He will also wish for the dead U13-18 to come back and also fuse for x18 the fun

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
There's apparently only 20 something planets left in the universe with life on them right? They have plenty of room for the other universes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

a cartoon duck posted:

I look forward to Caulifla unlocking Super Saiyan Blue in a month.

SS3
But she makes it
You know

Not absolutely useless.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder if we'll see any of Universe 6's Earth before the tournament.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're probably saving the U6 Earth for a proper (side) story rather than a cameo

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Rhonne posted:

There's apparently only 20 something planets left in the universe with life on them right? They have plenty of room for the other universes.

I believe it was 28. U7 has been really depopulated.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It was also Shin who said it, and statistically speaking he is wrong 100% of the time.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

So what you're saying is that it's more like 12 planets then

It is AMAZING that after all this time, Goku's universe genuinely is a dead lifeless hellhole of murderous lunatics, beaten out only by a single other universe that can be defined as Incompetent Hell

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I want Vegeta to see Kale go Broly mode and wonder if all Saiyans can do that.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Funky Valentine posted:

I want Vegeta to see Kale go Broly mode and wonder if all Saiyans can do that.

I want him to see Kale and completely wimp out like he did in the movie.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Everyone is bitching forever about back tingles and ki and U6 just leaping the hell ahead, but I like the idea that U6 really is just leagues better with more potential than U7 could ever have, as they had to fight and scrape and die for every single little leap to the next level

What takes them years a few motivated U6 ones can do in an afternoon once they know about it

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I wonder if Freeza being on Team Z-Fighters was a foregone conclusion as far back as Frost's debut in the first inter-universe tournament.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Black August posted:

Everyone is bitching forever about back tingles and ki and U6 just leaping the hell ahead, but I like the idea that U6 really is just leagues better with more potential than U7 could ever have, as they had to fight and scrape and die for every single little leap to the next level

What takes them years a few motivated U6 ones can do in an afternoon once they know about it

To be fair a thing in DB is that once you see a new level it's relatively easy to get to that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

To be fair a thing in DB is that once you see a new level it's relatively easy to get to that level.

Except Beerus. No matter how many hundreds of times you multiply your strength Beerus is always way stronger.

• Locked thread