Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tap my mountain posted:

but I always pictured it as a big mess

i mean, how disorganized can no items fox only final destination get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
gently caress the police

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Looper posted:

If you still like it by the end, check out spirit tracks! I know this is a controversial opinion but I think it's a big improvement

That's the plan, then moving on to A Link Between Worlds and whatever the new multiplayer one is called, which if I finish will catch me up to Breath of the Wild, which I'll play once I have a switch. I've been very slowly playing all the handheld games that I missed over the past five years and I am almost, almost caught up.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

That's the plan, then moving on to A Link Between Worlds and whatever the new multiplayer one is called, which if I finish will catch me up to Breath of the Wild, which I'll play once I have a switch. I've been very slowly playing all the handheld games that I missed over the past five years and I am almost, almost caught up.

LBW is so much better than spirit tracks

also if you jones for handheld zelda after that theres always ripoff zelda, aka oceanhorn

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

Oh didn't know smash had actually had sponsers. I know it's got a really big scene, but I always pictured it as a big mess

The smallest scenes have sponsors because it's extremely easy to exploit people at that level

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

so i'm gonna play trails of cold steel, what difficulty is good to play on

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Hard, I guess? The harder difficulties are balanced much better than they were for the Sky games, at least.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

normal is easy, hard is normal, nightmare is hard

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
if you want a REAL zelda game, let me introduce you to this lil' ol' thing called ALUNDRA :smug:

intro was fuckin rad too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTyDw2OthMo&hd=1

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

LBW is so much better than spirit tracks

Yeah, I'm expecting it to be better than both of the Windwaker sequels. I have a lot of trouble with handheld for some reason, though, I've been emulating most of them somewhere (and PH & ST are on Wii U), so I'm not looking forward to going back to the small screen for those last two.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Captain Invictus posted:

if you want a REAL zelda game, let me introduce you to this lil' ol' thing called ALUNDRA :smug:

intro was fuckin rad too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTyDw2OthMo&hd=1

Unedited image from Alundra:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Alundra is Bad End: The Game

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Unedited image from Alundra:

He's not wrong.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The dungeons in spirit tracks and phantom hourglass are really good but the overworld in phantom hourglass is just kinda boring and the spirit tracks overworld just becomes tedious to navigate around.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Everyone who labors and generates value should organize and protect themselves from those who would siphon off as much of that value as they can get.

No war but class war.

:yeah:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stay up all night.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mordja posted:

loving what. :stare:

This isn't all that surprising if you remember what the Angry Birds games cost when they came out on 3DS.

codenameFANGIO posted:

This post is correct :o

Slowly turning your DC comics dudes into Mortal Kombat dudes with gear is awesome and I am going to be addicted for months.

I want to believe, but then I remember how much I hated playing Injustice because it felt clunkier than MK9/X

raditts fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 30, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah Injustice was super, super... stiff feeling? Compared to MK9/X. Like it legit almost felt as stiff and simple as MK2 or something. Did they fix that?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Beedle's secret shop is never open, even though it is between 10 PM and midnight, Salvatore won't send me the letter he is supposed to with the Wisdom Gem, even though I beat his game, and every fish that shows up is still a Loovar instead of the swordfish. Phantom Hourglass's gimmicky stuff is beginning to bother me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
posting this here for no real reason:

the lego batman movie is legit the best batman movie ever made, and probably a top 3 comedy in recent memory. holy poo poo, it was so much better than i had even hoped.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you liked that, you should watch the original Lego movie, because it's even better!

Lego Batman was outstanding but I feel it lost a bit of the magic the original had, especially the twist. I'm excited for Ninjago, too. That one looks great, I'll keep seeing Lego movies unconditionally until they make a genuinely bad one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ6cnXBoz4U&hd=1

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I did like the lego movie just a tad more but I felt like batman had a tighter script and better pacing. Legos rule. Just the other day I found out I actually can sell my opened/built Legos for a profit - just one minifig from a star wars vehicle from only a year ago is going for 30 plus on ebay :stare:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the wall street journal called legos a safer investment than the stock market. :v:

I tried my best to find an image that had every lego Collectible Minifigure Series in it but could only find one that went from series 1 through 15, it doesn't have all of them

there's a shitload of them though

probably my favorite is Banana Guy

I really love how they've incorporated the ridiculous amount of Collectible Minifigures into the various movies. Including the Left Shark minifigs as apparent disposable grunts in Ninjago.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Captain Invictus posted:

the wall street journal called legos a safer investment than the stock market. :v:
What a time to be alive!

Captain Invictus posted:

probably my favorite is Banana Guy

Oh man, Banana Guy owns

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

japanese 7-11 is good, except for the bacon cheese fries that taste of fish and crab

american 7-11 is evil, except for the slurpees

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wamdoodle posted:

Oh man, Banana Guy owns
I have 19 banana guys

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
The Lego Movie felt like a film made for children with ADHD.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

I had the same opinion when I saw it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad I am apparently a child with ADHD

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am glad that children with ADHD have something that makes them happy :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Macarius Wrench posted:

so hot a take that 99% of humanity died in the ensuing firestorm

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macarius Wrench posted:

You're thinking of Detention

Which also rules btw. It's basically Heathers on crystal meth and acid

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am watching a video of Way of the Warrior gameplay while Injustice 2 AI Battles run on my second monitor. Truly, how far we've come. I love video games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Witcher card game is pretty good for a f2p game on your ps4

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Hey guys, I can't think of where I can possibly post this to get the right help for it, so I'll try here.

I'm trying to get the sound effects from the Gamecube (or Dreamcast -- actually, preferably Dreamcast, but the Gamecube one is more accessible) game Skies of Arcadia. My girlfriend and I do a podcast where we do like, goofy radio-drama adaptations of old games and this is the next one we want to do. The music is easy to get, but sound effects are another story. The Dreamcast version did this really weird right/left channel thing where every sound is a distorted mess unless you can run a script that unscrambles it. I've read lots of modding stuff in which they talk about the sound effects and how hard it was to repair them, but they don't actually list the sound effects or where they can be obtained or how exactly they did it. Also, everywhere I look pertaining to this stuff hasn't seen activity since like 2014, and the people who did the modding are hard to reach!

There are methods through which I could record the sound effects, but for a number of reasons I am not going down this route. Does anyone here know of a place where I can go to find some more help? Maybe one of you Internet sleuths can locate me the sound effects.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The White Dragon posted:

japanese 7-11 is good, except for the bacon cheese fries that taste of fish and crab

american 7-11 is evil, except for the slurpees

I got food poisoning from a Swedish 7-11 once, but it was my own dang fault for buying something I knew they'd been keeping warm for like 12 hours.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

I had the same opinion when I saw it.

I'm glad because everyone praises that movie both online and off but it kinda disturbed me a little with how frenetic and fast paced it was. I'm not saying "made for ADHD" kids as some kind of off hand derogatory comment, it genuinely felt like a film made for a 5 year old who can't sit still and its baffling to me that anyone but that demographic could tolerate it :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

When I visited Hong Kong, 7-11s were all over the place and there was a corner that literally had 3 different 7-11s. Also the people that hung out at an HK 7-11 at midnight were classier than what I usually associate with the brand

• Locked thread