Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Bogaerts' first homer 46 games into the season. Praise jeebus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

resident posted:

Bogaerts' first homer 46 games into the season. Praise jeebus

I placed a piece of paper across his stat line to make sure my eyes weren't jumping down a row.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

thumb injuries are the loving worst. they're bad enough to sap a lot of power but minor enough to keep playing. braun two years ago, mccutchen last year, bogaerts this year. i will always have a malthumbed player :smith:

that said, he's still providing in the other categories and could easily hit 20 or so if his thumb's not bothering him at this point.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
How is Knebel still only 55% owned in ESPN? EDIT:That's 20% less than Kintzler!

Also I just moved Wil Myers, Jonathan Villar, and Khris Davis for Clayton Kershaw, George Springer, and Chris Taylor. I feel pretty OK about that.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 26, 2017

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Receive an offer of Dansby Swanson, Cameron Maybin, and Tanner Roark for my Josh Donaldson and Miguel Sano

Send them an offer of Jake Lamb, Miguel Sano, and David Robertson for their Nolan Arenado and Ryan Zimmerman

Get an angry response for sending them an insulting trade offer.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

hmm I dropped Joey Gallo in my 16-team forever keepers league, will be interesting to see if someone spends all $100 of their FAAB to get him so I can confirm how stupid that drop was

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I dropped Gallo and even though my brother made fun of me, I have no regrets. Dude is a black hole aside from homers.

Edit: which I guess can work depending on your scoring and roster, but he's not for me.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

I dropped Gallo and even though my brother made fun of me, I have no regrets. Dude is a black hole aside from homers.

Edit: which I guess can work depending on your scoring and roster, but he's not for me.

Same

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

if you're in an avg and/or k league he's worth a lot less, but still rosterable. his power potential is just otherworldly. one of the few players with 50+hr potential. and he's still so young. he'll only get better.

in an obp league he's a top 10 3b easy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I stacked my teams with all of the A's I had in anticipation of dong city from Tanaka and of course he decides to turn it all around now (so far, knock wood.)

Fuckin' real life and fantasy at odds again!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I've been pretty lucky so far this season so hopefully the Gallo drop pays dividends too. My most serendipitous moment was that when Amir Garrett got randomly demoted to save innings, I dropped him and picked up Jose Berrios (May 1). Berrios gets called up May 13 and looks like he may be someone I keep for years.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

I stacked my teams with all of the A's I had in anticipation of dong city from Tanaka and of course he decides to turn it all around now (so far, knock wood.)

Fuckin' real life and fantasy at odds again!

As a Tanaka owner I could settle for 8 strong innings and an extra inning loss.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Moneyball posted:

As a Tanaka owner I could settle for 8 strong innings and an extra inning loss.

Uncanny.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
My team is absolutely mashing this week and I'm still probably going to lose

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I really don't get this whole Alex Wood thing.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pandanaut posted:

I really don't get this whole Alex Wood thing.

His delivery looks similar to Kershaw's and I think teams are mentally resigning themselves to a loss when he's on the mound.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Doltos posted:

My team is absolutely mashing this week and I'm still probably going to lose

You should have someone steal a base. :rolleye:

Your team is not nearly as slow as my "slow as gently caress by design" team. 1 steal in 5 days is ugly

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My ERA this week is over 4 but my WHIP is under 1 :psyduck:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

coronaball posted:

You should have someone steal a base. :rolleye:

Your team is not nearly as slow as my "slow as gently caress by design" team. 1 steal in 5 days is ugly

I'd rather have a slow team that hits an unnecessary amount of dingers than an evenly balanced team that hits an average amount of dingers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Abel Wingnut posted:

if you're in an avg and/or k league he's worth a lot less, but still rosterable. his power potential is just otherworldly. one of the few players with 50+hr potential. and he's still so young. he'll only get better.

in an obp league he's a top 10 3b easy.

He has the best OPS on the rangers but they bat him 8th. Its dumb.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
John Lackey is just straight up droppable now, right?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Came to post this... it depends on waiver wire depth I guess. I'm currently stashing Tyson Ross, Rodon, Urias, and Taijuan Walker cause the wire sucks so badly. I think I might give the Peacock a roll dropping either Urias or Lackey.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

I dropped him. And then someone immediately picked him and offered to trade him to me.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
In my dynasty league we draft amateurs after the June amateur draft. It has the effect of half the league turning into buyers and everyone else either giving up for the year or actively tanking in order to improve their draft stock. The guy I'm playing this week traded for a handful of amateur picks in the offseason thinking he would control the top end of the draft.

Instead, if I lose to him this week, I will likely end up with picks 1 and 2, ending up with the two guys he has a raging hard on for.

It's a point league, so as soon as he took the lead against me this week, I told him I would do whatever it took to make sure I didn't rise above him. Now he's sending me a buttload of angry messages after realizing he's screwed himself.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Shohei Otani and someone else?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yahoo standard h2h league, my Holland for his Berrios, I feel like I should do that, right?

My only other closer is Knebel who I can swing for a small piece and just completely punt saves. I've gotten zero from the both of them this week.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Danny Salazar to the bullpen. Wow. Deserved, though. His command has been so bad sometimes. Mechanical issue maybe?

How the hell is Taillon pitching three weeks after testicle surgery? :froggonk:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

He's got ball of steel.

Anyone buying Salazar? I can see someone trying to offload him and I don't believe they will keep him out of the rotation all year.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Combo posted:

Yahoo standard h2h league, my Holland for his Berrios, I feel like I should do that, right?

My only other closer is Knebel who I can swing for a small piece and just completely punt saves. I've gotten zero from the both of them this week.

I really wanna sell hard on Holland because while he's done well before, I am skeptical of his continued success in Colorado with a 521 ERA+. Haven't really looked at the underlying stats, and while he's been great in the past, he's just someone I don't get a good feeling from. I say this as an owner of him in both of my leagues.

Berrios has been spectacular, and while memories of last year are still present, they are fading with every good start. I am actually pretty high on him, but I am also a sucker for young, promising players.

So, yes, I do that deal. Especially if you think you can punt saves.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Danny Salazar to the bullpen. Wow. Deserved, though. His command has been so bad sometimes. Mechanical issue maybe?

I mean, my puppy was running around like a maniac the next day after getting fixed.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Craaap do we start Trout this week?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

This is part of the reason I love daily leagues, you don't get hosed for day to day or unknown issues.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Moneyball posted:

He's got ball of steel.

Anyone buying Salazar? I can see someone trying to offload him and I don't believe they will keep him out of the rotation all year.

absolutely buying salazar. they won't keep him in the bullpen for more than two weeks. and goodness is his stuff filthy.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

kensei posted:

This is part of the reason I love daily leagues, you don't get hosed for day to day or unknown issues.

Yeah. This was my first weekly and it's nice as a low effort backup league. I'm going to have to sit him. Can't risk it with what we know now.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Sounds like Jose de Leon is getting called up.

e: Confirmed, but his role is unclear. They did just play 15 innings yesterday.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 29, 2017

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
My backup outfielder got sent to Single A.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

trout out for a while looks like

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Sounds like Jose de Leon is getting called up.

e: Confirmed, but his role is unclear. They did just play 15 innings yesterday.

I went to go look, he was grabbed off waivers the day after the auction. This league is insanely deep :sigh:

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Gallo is playing 1B today with Beltre back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schweinhund posted:

Gallo is playing 1B today with Beltre back.

He's literally their best hitter.

• Locked thread