Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
aldo v hominick, aldo v mendes 2, aldo v frankie, yeah thats some good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
aldo v cub swanson also

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's almost a shame Aldo's TDD is so good, because his jiu-jitsu is something else. When people try and drag anything from his legs after he stuffs them and he just decides to take mount on a whim it's always dope.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Alternatively, watch Conor/Aldo 40 times.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

It's almost a shame Aldo's TDD is so good, because his jiu-jitsu is something else. When people try and drag anything from his legs after he stuffs them and he just decides to take mount on a whim it's always dope.

Like when he hopped over Lamas' guard right into mount.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 29, 2017

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

I.N.R.I posted:

aldo is my favourite fighter. it would be a shame if he never got a chance to fight conor again whatever the result might be

I think the only way it ever happens is if Aldo moves up to lightweight, which has been on the table at various points. Conor is never fighting at featherweight again for sure. It'll even be a long time before he fights in the UFC period again.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Conor definitely hits extremely hard but the Aldo KO was also perfect timing and hit the right place at the right time. He probably couldn't intentionally throw a better punch.

Yeah, half the force of that knockout punch came from Aldo himself flying forward with his chin ahead of everything else like a crazy person.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Alternatively, watch Conor/Aldo 40 times.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think the only way it ever happens is if Aldo moves up to lightweight, which has been on the table at various points. Conor is never fighting at featherweight again for sure. It'll even be a long time before he fights in the UFC period again.

[Keven Aldo Conor.txt]

Aldo vs Conor 2 isn't happening because as soon as the Mayweather fight happens/falls through, he's either retiring on fat stacks or he's angling for another big money fight. He'll never defend a title.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I have only seen one Aldo fight that I can recall and unfortunately it was the Conor fight (well, the fight ruled but for different reasons), so I've never really seen what he's capable of. He's supposed to be really, really, really drat good, right?

My friend(and everybody else) you need to read this excellent piece about what it is like to fight Aldo !

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11/27/9798748/the-night-we-faced-jose-aldo-ufc-194-conor-mcgregor

Urijah Faber posted:

He actually hit me with a jump knee, which — I didn’t feel it until later, but if you watch the fight he hit a jump knee that hit me right in the sternum. It knocked me down for a second then I stood right back up like nothing happened. But after my leg stopped hurting about four weeks after, then my sternum hurt for, like, almost two years. I’m not even sure what happened.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Sounds like a bad case of costochondritis.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Big John getting in that accidental after KO knee to the face will never stop making me say ouch every time I see it

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Ok what the gently caress

http://www.mmamania.com/2017/5/29/15710600/ufc-womens-145-pound-champ-germaine-de-ramdamie-returning-to-135-pound-division

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Now I'm just watching this weekend's thing and I can't help but notice that Abdul razak alhassan is severely infringing on razak al-hassan's brand

mewse
May 2, 2006

Lol will the UFC simply close this division or are they going to push the Literal Female Mutant as their next star champion w/support from Fightland

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mewse posted:

Lol will the UFC simply close this division

This is the only recourse. Cyborg has shown she's not even remotely reliable, de Randamie wants out, let's just pretend W145 never happened and go on with our lives.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

mewse posted:

are they going to push the Literal Female Mutant as their next star champion w/support from Fightland

that was their plan all along?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Sounds like Holly Holm and Betche Correia are fightin' for a belt now, boys.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Holly is already back to 135, nobody wants that god forsaken belt.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I haven't watched a full PPV on UFC.tv in a while, but goddamn, it's ever so sick that this is finally an option

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lol shut it down

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I haven't watched a full PPV on UFC.tv in a while, but goddamn, it's ever so sick that this is finally an option

That was the first card I ever saw and it honestly turned me into an MMA fan.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

tumor looking batty posted:

That was the first card I ever saw and it honestly turned me into an MMA fan.

189 for me, and same.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

This is the least surprising thing to have ever happened.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Maia taking gunnar to school was so sick.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

vvery impressive poo poo

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Maia didn't even gas that's how easily and thoroughly he was kicking Gunnar's rear end.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Marching Powder posted:

Like a kid trying to fight his dad.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
It really is insane that Maia has been in the UFC for fully 10 years and has racked up 19 wins in that time over quite a few really good opponents. All while having a limited S and C program for a good chunk of that, being in a weight class he was probably too small for and, apparently, having no idea how punches work. Maia owns.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Aldo is top 3 all time imo.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Jerusalem just watch all of aldo's fights. He's drat near the perfect fighter.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Jon Jones is the most talented.

Aldo is the most aesthetically pleasing.

Anderson was the greatest.

GSP was the best.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Aldo has the best footwork, takedown defense (not percentage but the number of quality wrestlers he has embarrassed with takedown defense is impressive) and defense overall. He's also gotta be one of the best athletes in mma. Hopefully everyone makes weight this weekend.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There will probably never be a worse UFC champion than Germaine de Randamie.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Aldo has the best footwork, takedown defense (not percentage but the number of quality wrestlers he has embarrassed with takedown defense is impressive) and defense overall. He's also gotta be one of the best athletes in mma. Hopefully everyone makes weight this weekend.

Ya at this point I'm pretty comfortable sayimg that aldo has the best tdd in the history of mma. Like it's pretty silly how good it is.

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

Dr. Abysmal posted:

There will probably never be a worse UFC champion than Germaine de Randamie.

I searched through the list to try to prove this wrong. GdR is only challenged by maybe Maurice Smith and Carla Esparza

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

reeg posted:

I searched through the list to try to prove this wrong. GdR is only challenged by maybe Maurice Smith and Carla Esparza

wow I really ought to buy a new custom title to replace the one I bought when Always Sunny debuted my freshman year of college

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Mo Smith was legit back in the day. He helped the pendulum swing back toward striking.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I don't really think Max has anything for Aldo tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Jerusalem just watch all of aldo's fights. He's drat near the perfect fighter.

This is true. His wrestling defence is loving insane. To watch Edgar toss around massive lightweights like Maynard and Bendo, then not even be able to get a grip on Aldo is just nuts. Also, his speed, power and composure are all nuts. I was convinced he'd beat McGregor, a good counterpuncher, not because of their skills, but just because Aldo is so hard to bait into making mistakes. I was badly wrong. Aldo lost his composure and rushed the one guy he absolutely could not rush.

Since we're recommending fights of his, watch his fights with Manny Gamburyan and a guy called Rolando Perez to see how much damage he can do in a very short amount of time.

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I don't really think Max has anything for Aldo tbh.

Max doesn't have any huge, glaring weaknesses to his game, but Aldo really, really doesn't have any weaknesses. Except a full year of overtly racist trash talk couple with his bosses praying for him to lose with dollar signs dancing in their eyes.

• Locked thread