Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Crabtree posted:

If RAID wasn't from the ground up made in the image of Payday, I'd be worried for it. But I am not sure OVERKILL can handle making more than one game, let alone radically different genres outside of what they struck gold with.

DbD and RAID are each being made by entirely different companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

maswastaken posted:

What. The. gently caress.

Oh, I also neglected to mention that the private games you were thinking of playing with your friends do not allow you to gain blood points. You can queue 4 friends and play a survivor team and gain blood points that way, but the data suggests that survivor wins increase about 1% with a full team, so don't expect that to help!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
This is why I always thought that these assymetric multiplayer games are poorly thought out at best.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

clockworkjoe posted:

Man, that progression system is a mess. I got DbD but I only put a few hours in it because I could see that the perks were going to be a problem but I had no idea they got that bad. Isn't that game played competitively to some degree?
I'm not familiar with any competitions that involve money or prizes. It might be played competitively in the sense that Twitchstars organize bullshit tournaments for the amusement of their viewing bases, but to the best of my knowledge DbD is not considered respectable in terms of MLG style competition.

Kikas posted:

This is why I always thought that these assymetric multiplayer games are poorly thought out at best.
F13 is much better thought out, at any rate. Compare the experience of someone who does basic things and dies to Jason in the first 5 minutes, versus someone who does things right and escapes.

The former survivor gets +15 experience for dropping a bar in the door and arming himself in the first 30 seconds. Jason shows up at his cabin. He arms a bear trap for another 5 XP. Jason hits the trap for +50XP. The survivor jumps out the window, but stumbles into one of Jason's traps and is killed. The survivor also gets another 75 XP for the time he survived.

The latter survivor fixes a car all by himself for +150 XP. He escapes for another 200 XP. He also armed himself, dropped a bar, and found a part for another +25 XP. He gets 130 XP for the time he survived.

...Then, both survivors get 500 XP simply for finishing out the match.

The former survivor ends up with ~650-700 XP, and the latter survivor ends up with 1000 or so. True, the former survivor has to sit on the line and wait for the match to end, which can be super boring. However, since you're simply DEAD instead of in some ridiculous neutered state you can walk away, take a piss, get water, etc instead of being forced to sit there and impotently press buttons while the game pretends like you matter. F13 can respawn a dead player as Tommy Jarvis as well, so that's also a pretty cool bonus if you hang around.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

DbD and RAID are each being made by entirely different companies.

The Transitive property of OVERKILL is still involved even if its Lion Game Lion until proved otherwise.If it just has all the flaws of Payday 2 then they've done a good job.

But fine, if Vox wants me to be TECHNICALLY CORRECT, than DbD and the constant poo poo parade that is OVERKILL's The Walking Dead make me worried for any other game that isn't Payday made by this company. If anything, it at least explains why they keep looking for an excuse to delay this game of OH MAN, WE-UH-WE NEED TO DEVELOP THIS FOR VR -- YEAH.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 08:48 on May 28, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The main link between the two games is their publisher, Starbreeze. I'm not aware of any developer overlap between the two games, and honestly, as much as we can string up Jules and Goldfarb for their decisions on PD2, none of what they did compares to a single routine patch in DbD.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Guns without access to a speed pull mag feel slow and cumbersome. In response, all guns shall have access to a speed pull mag. All weapons also now use the Gross Motor Skill Reload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7cyQlsUQ6E

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Behold and Rejoice, friends. Wilko has named me Dictator of Design. Emphasis on Dictator. I shall rule in his place should he die, find a more lucrative job, or win the lottery. I have a few proclamations outlined in case of such eventualities, but far more to come.

All drill and saw timers are now reduced by half. All drills are now loose loot stored in the player spawn zone, and must be carried by hand to any drill location. These drills will have the same move penalties as gold. Existing special drills that were already loose loot have also had their timers reduced by half, and are as heavy as Almir's Toast. Overdrill is also reduced by half. The overdrill drill must be found through a secondary puzzle that must be completed. Players will only be able to move this drill by relaying it to eachother, as it will have a 100% move penalty.

Stealth is a much loathed portion of the game. It can be unforgiving with no backup state in case of failure, and guard pathing is often arbitrary. To ease the difficulty, there is no longer a limit on the number of pagers that can be answered per heist. Pagers now take three times as long to answer.

Captain Winters is (rightly) the subject of ridicule. To make him a legitimate threat, we are removing the shields from him and his team. They now spawn with RPGs.

Removing increase spawn rates while Winters is on the map. Snipers spawning while Captain Winters is active spawn with RPGs.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Odd, possibly dumb, question:
When configuring my AI bots with their weapons and special bot abilities, does Bot 1 or Bot 3 drop when a friend joins my game? Thus, which number bot will still be in the game if a third human joins?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 28, 2017

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Odd, possibly dumb, question:
When configuring my AI boys with their weapons and surgical not abilities, does Bot 1 or Not 3 do in place of a friend that joins my game? Thus, which number bot will still be in the game if a third human joins?

Bot 1 = player 4, bot 2 = player 3, bot 3 = player 2

Doesn't seem to matter when gun you give them, I've handed a Mosin to my bots and they just treat it as a semi-auto blasting shots out.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shima Honnou posted:

Bot 1 = player 4, bot 2 = player 3, bot 3 = player 2

Doesn't seem to matter when gun you give them, I've handed a Mosin to my bots and they just treat it as a semi-auto blasting shots out.
Argh you quoted me before I could finish editing that phone-posting autocorrected monstrosity.

I was just trying to figure out how to, say, make sure that if we have three humans and one bot, to make sure the one bot has inspire.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Argh you quoted me before I could finish editing that phone-posting autocorrected monstrosity.

I was just trying to figure out how to, say, make sure that if we have three humans and one bot, to make sure the one bot has inspire.

Make sure bot 1, the one in the leftmost position, has it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shima Honnou posted:

Make sure bot 1, the one in the leftmost position, has it.
Awesome, thank you.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Mask Roulette!

This can only mean one thing...

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

A notable factor with the AI bots is that masks stick to ability sets and not characters. My original plan of giving my AI's the mega-versions of their own masks got upset by this and we wound up having Rust running around in Mega-Clover. I switched mine to a doctor's mask for the healer, commando beret for the ammo regenner and balaclava for the speed buffer.

EDIT: You know, we rag on One Down a lot, but that game mode is basically why I can now play 91 armor/5 dodge on mayhem and feel like I'm acceptably durable. I can get shot at all without falling over? It's fiiiiiine.

chairface fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 29, 2017

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

This proves nothing.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Your name and icon are pretty damning evidence for "might be a manga"

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Does the Raid actually look good? I've seen sod-all about it and it's supposed to be out any month now.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Gort posted:

Does the Raid actually look good? I've seen sod-all about it and it's supposed to be out any month now.

Difficult to say. It looks all right, but it will undoubtedly (and very understandably) be much more limited in scope than PD2. General objective-based flow is similar, meds and ammo are apparently all found onsite rather than deployable.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 31, 2017

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
If there's one thing I don't ever tire of, it's killing Nazis

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Gort posted:

The gameplay they've had at conventions for a year or so now is really good. It's more PDTH than Payday 2, in a good way. Less super powerful weaponry, less superhuman enemies running around, more big level-changing objectives.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

HebrewMagic posted:

If there's one thing I don't ever tire of, it's killing Nazis

Payday 2 is already about this though!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

bbcisdabomb posted:

The gameplay they've had at conventions for a year or so now is really good. It's more PDTH than Payday 2, in a good way. Less super powerful weaponry, less superhuman enemies running around, more big level-changing objectives.

Yeah, I honestly haven't touched Payday 2 in a while, but I'm excited for Raid because it has sounded pretty solid and focused from first-hand impressions, and also

HebrewMagic posted:

If there's one thing I don't ever tire of, it's killing Nazis and taking their stuff

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
For sprees, the arbiter and china puff drop off in usefulness somewhat dramatically. Enemies will regularly start surviving a bombardment through simple HP, and specials will easily tank several shots even from a puff. Particularly nasty for mixed groups of cops bearing down on people cause everything dangerous in a wave is still alive and costing you even more ammo on a weapon that soaks up ammo drops.

I got the idea to bring along a rocket launcher instead. The RPG is still where you'd imagine it; 10k a shot for 4 shots is too valuable to justify using the majority of the time. The commando, however, clocks in at 5k a shot with 8 total shots and 4 per clip. That's just enough value to justify for group bombardment, and things will not survive a hit from it even with spree's ridiculous rules. The splash area is also gigabig, covering far more area than a single china puff shot could ever hope to cover either. The shot economy rises so much that it's inability to pick up ammo off the ground ceases mattering. If anything, not having your grenade launcher constantly sucking up ammo (wasting them on a primary that is perhaps full on ammo or near enough full) turns in to an advantage as well. I needed more rockets little enough that visiting an ammo bag a meager amount of times in a heist wasn't a big deal. The rest of the time, spare ammo pickups were left sitting around for later, or for others.

Less repeat shots to kill, and a bigger kill zone ensuring more kills per shot. Nothing to sneeze at. I'd say the commando might even have a legitimate space on MH/DW when you're not spreeing. Save it for when you can sweep up truly big groups of cops and you're good. The splash is certainly big enough to find plenty of occasions where that'll be true.

Just.. don't get tased while holding it. Trust me.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I played Raid at PAX a little while back, it was really janky and needed a lot of polish, but the general gameplay felt pretty good and the objectives of the map I played were more interesting than Payday's typically are and involved actually hopping on an AA-gun and shooting down nazi planes which was real cool.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Fuuka Ayase posted:

For sprees, the arbiter and china puff drop off in usefulness somewhat dramatically. Enemies will regularly start surviving a bombardment through simple HP, and specials will easily tank several shots even from a puff. Particularly nasty for mixed groups of cops bearing down on people cause everything dangerous in a wave is still alive and costing you even more ammo on a weapon that soaks up ammo drops.

I got the idea to bring along a rocket launcher instead. The RPG is still where you'd imagine it; 10k a shot for 4 shots is too valuable to justify using the majority of the time. The commando, however, clocks in at 5k a shot with 8 total shots and 4 per clip. That's just enough value to justify for group bombardment, and things will not survive a hit from it even with spree's ridiculous rules. The splash area is also gigabig, covering far more area than a single china puff shot could ever hope to cover either. The shot economy rises so much that it's inability to pick up ammo off the ground ceases mattering. If anything, not having your grenade launcher constantly sucking up ammo (wasting them on a primary that is perhaps full on ammo or near enough full) turns in to an advantage as well. I needed more rockets little enough that visiting an ammo bag a meager amount of times in a heist wasn't a big deal. The rest of the time, spare ammo pickups were left sitting around for later, or for others.

Less repeat shots to kill, and a bigger kill zone ensuring more kills per shot. Nothing to sneeze at. I'd say the commando might even have a legitimate space on MH/DW when you're not spreeing. Save it for when you can sweep up truly big groups of cops and you're good. The splash is certainly big enough to find plenty of occasions where that'll be true.

Just.. don't get tased while holding it. Trust me.

I'm kinda tempted to try avoiding the "dozers immune to explosive damage" in favor of further hp/damage buffs for cops just so rockets can take out those jacked-up skulldozers that seemingly spawn in groups now.

I also had two instances of seeing a lone dozer, going "Oh hey I can take a lone dozer even at these stat buffs" and the bastard divides into a green and black dozer cuz it's spawning them on top of each other at that point.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Crabtree posted:

The Transitive property of OVERKILL is still involved even if its Lion Game Lion until proved otherwise.If it just has all the flaws of Payday 2 then they've done a good job.

But fine, if Vox wants me to be TECHNICALLY CORRECT, than DbD and the constant poo poo parade that is OVERKILL's The Walking Dead make me worried for any other game that isn't Payday made by this company. If anything, it at least explains why they keep looking for an excuse to delay this game of OH MAN, WE-UH-WE NEED TO DEVELOP THIS FOR VR -- YEAH.

The shittiest thing, for OK, about TWD is that they're aiming for a late 2018 release. TWD's cultural relevancy will be a year dead at least by then.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Liquid Communism posted:

The shittiest thing, for OK, about TWD is that they're aiming for a late 2018 release. TWD's cultural relevancy will be a year dead at least by then.

Will it be walking though? :v:

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

chairface posted:

I also had two instances of seeing a lone dozer, going "Oh hey I can take a lone dozer even at these stat buffs" and the bastard divides into a green and black dozer cuz it's spawning them on top of each other at that point.

That's just the multiform technique. The dozers learn if from some weird guy with no shirt and three eyes.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Can someone post an updated Discord invite? The one in the OP is expired.

e: vvv most excellent, thank you.

But Not Tonight fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jun 1, 2017

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Payday 2 Goons discord is under new management and the admin doesn't want evergreen public invites. Check PMs.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Well this should get interesting: https://www.10chambers.com/press_31-05-2017.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i4XkCFf2pY

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

they could not have picked a dumber name

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

they could not have picked a dumber name
It's like they asked all the people who don't like them for name suggestions and went with the answer everyone gave.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Wake me when they have gameplay to show off.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

If Ulf was design lead on payday 1, that's actually a pretty good endorsement.

And it's already looking better than Goldfarb's new thing.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

ahaha that name

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

If Ulf was design lead on payday 1, that's actually a pretty good endorsement.

And it's already looking better than Goldfarb's new thing.

worth noting: they have an ambassador program for GTFO on the game site, vox. may be worth tossing your email into the ring early.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Coolguye posted:

worth noting: they have an ambassador program for GTFO on the game site, vox. may be worth tossing your email into the ring early.

There are a ton of us in this thread who are 10 chambers "ambassadors".

It's just a email list where you get drip fed updates like the one that Kammat posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

that's what i suspected, though i'd hoped for more. oh well.