Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm out. Good luck with King Idiot Drumpf, everybody.

No wait we were just about to discuss mountains again

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

OddObserver posted:

1) It's Ukraine, not "the" Ukraine
2) The two countries have been at an undeclared war for over 3 years now, with over 10,000 dead, and something like 3 million refugees.

Okay point one is fair play but you realize it's weird specifically because two warring states are shitposting at each other on twitter right?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Mustached Demon posted:

It'll be a lovely version like every other show they necromance up.

Looking at you, Futurama.

Futurama had 3 decent series finales, and the last one was perfect. You're wrong for this one!

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Okay point one is fair play but you realize it's weird specifically because two warring states are shitposting at each other on twitter right?

in the near future, wars will be fought on two fronts: on the battlefields, with conventional munitions, and in cyberspace, with memes

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tatsuta Age posted:

Futurama had 3 decent series finales, and the last one was perfect. You're wrong for this one!

The Comedy Central version was decent but it was much worse than the original overall. Some gems (especially the finale) but overall it was a lovely version of the original. Cases in particular: the eye phone one and the Bender/Amy marriage one.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JasminMuj/status/869589474392539136

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Realtalk: if Twitter had been around during WW2, Churchill would've been an epic follow :v:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Awesome

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

stone cold posted:

in the near future, wars will be fought on two fronts: on the battlefields, with conventional munitions, and in cyberspace, with memes

Yes we all played Metal Gear Solid 2

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

So what everyone is saying is I'm probably going to be shot by an Oath Keeper for not being a Republican? Good to know

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spicer's going to spend 15 minutes stumbling through praise for how awesome the foreign trip was, spend 10 minutes dodging questions by accusing the US press of being much meaner than the Saudi press, and then run away. Then we won't see him again this week.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Is Michael Cohen the guy who went all "who said?" endlessly on CNN that one time when they were bringing up Trump's outright, repeated lies?

If so, I dearly would like him to rot in a federal prison.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lightning Lord posted:

So what everyone is saying is I'm probably going to be shot by an Oath Keeper for not being a Republican? Good to know

Buy a gun and shoot back you pansy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

PT6A posted:

Is Michael Cohen the guy who went all "who said?" endlessly on CNN that one time when they were bringing up Trump's outright, repeated lies?

If so, I dearly would like him to rot in a federal prison.

Yes.

He's also the guy who with absolutely zero prompting confessed to being an intermediary between the White House and Russian agents and then told four different stories about how it actually happened to four different reporters within 1 week.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lightning Lord posted:

tbh even conservatives aren't safe if they have anything more than utter contempt for anyone non-white

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Mustached Demon posted:

Buy a gun and shoot back you pansy.

counterpoint: dont

have you considered instead melting all guns

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Hasn't the Democratic party kinda soft shoed away from gun control?

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

stone cold posted:

Then earth will be taken over by aliens armed with sling shots and wooden clubs.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TyrantWD posted:

They are probably going to give up on health care, and as long as the tax cuts for the rich toss a few breadcrumbs the middle class, your rank and file GOP voter will be as loyal and motivates as ever.

Paul Ryan's tax plan, and I am not exaggerating here, directs 99.6% of its benefits to the top 1%. I mean that 99.6% number literally. I did not pick a number that sounds high, it is literally true.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

stone cold posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TDC9s-Kt-8

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Blitz7x posted:

Honestly, it's for the best. Gun control is not a hill worth dying on at this point in time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

stone cold posted:

Look if I were the Flash I would steal add melt every gun in America as dismantle the factories. But I'm not. So I say every sane, competent, and able bodied liberal should own a gun for personal protection.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Blitz7x posted:

They haven't made a serious push for any kind of federal gun control in a long time. At the state level, they've basically given up on any kind of expansion of gun control outside of deep blue states.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Blitz7x posted:

I say this not from a triangulation perspective, but from a self-defense perspective: good.

We live in a barbaric, depraved country with a bunch of right-wing loons measuring their self worth in terms of firepower. Hell if I'm going to unilaterally disarm!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

evilweasel posted:

Paul Ryan's tax plan, and I am not exaggerating here, directs 99.6% of its benefits to the top 1%. I mean that 99.6% number literally. I did not pick a number that sounds high, it is literally true.

Didn't polling show that he somehow put out a tax cut plan that actually annoyed republican voters, too?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
mass shootings are basically inclement weather now, lmao

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Then earth will be taken over by aliens armed with sling shots and wooden clubs.

but we'll still have swords?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Look if I were the Flash I would steal add melt every gun in America as dismantle the factories. But I'm not. So I say every sane, competent, and able bodied liberal should own a gun for personal protection.

or, don't contribute to arms manufacturers bottom line and don't own a gun

like, it's a bad idea

guess what, people are bad with guns and overwhelmingly just can't handle them

dont

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

evilweasel posted:

Between the "temporarily embarrassed millionaire syndrome" and ads thanking Paul Ryan for providing middle class tax relief, this plan is not going to cost a Republican any votes. Outside of the eat-the-rich Bernie supporters, I don't think you are going to find much anger anywhere at a massive tax cut for the 1%.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

psa: own guns? dont

dont a gun

dont

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TyrantWD posted:

Between the "temporarily embarrassed millionaire syndrome" and ads thanking Paul Ryan for providing middle class tax relief, this plan is not going to cost a Republican any votes. Outside of the eat-the-rich Bernie supporters, I don't think you are going to find much anger anywhere at a massive tax cut for the 1%.

Trump ran on raising taxes on the rich, because that is more popular than cutting them among Republican primary voters. It is a myth republican voters love tax cuts for the rich. It's only republican donors who do.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Counterpoint: Guns are cool. Like everyone is doing it, guys.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

stone cold posted:

dont a gun

dont

Assault rifles are literally sub $400 right now (compare this to 1000+ circa Sandy hook). It's financially irresponsible to NOT get one

Edit: lots of gun manufacturers stocked up hard for a Clinton win and whoops

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 30, 2017

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

stone cold posted:

dont a gun

dont

This is your brain on guns.

*Rachel Leigh Cook shoots up her kitchen with an AK47*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I am not a gun.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

STAC Goat posted:

Yes.

He's also the guy who with absolutely zero prompting confessed to being an intermediary between the White House and Russian agents and then told four different stories about how it actually happened to four different reporters within 1 week.

Wait, wasn't that Carter Page?

Or have MORE THAN ONE of Trump's people done that? :psyduck:

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Blitz7x posted:

Assault rifles are literally sub $400 right now (compare this to 1000+ circa Sandy hook). It's financially irresponsible to NOT get one

Edit: lots of gun manufacturers stocked up hard for a Clinton win and whoops

i can't tell if you're being serious re: financial responsibility, but uhh don't buy a gun and super don't buy an assault rifle, Jesus

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Blitz7x posted:

Eh. 2016 platform:

quote:

Preventing Gun Violence

With 33,000 Americans dying every year, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.

Plenty in there that you'd leave out if making a real play to distance from it. My guess is the quiet is coming from a mix of not having enough votes and various current flavors of GOP evil sucking the air out of the room. It's still an area where dems are at least signalling that they want to be active. I'm thinking specifically of Obama trying near the end of this last term to rebrand a slew of essentially housekeeping regulatory measures as The Big Executive Action on guns.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
My dad bought a fuckton of guns during the Obama years and when he passes away, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them all. I don't want em and I know it would be better for society​ if I just destroyed them, but on the other hand, I'd probably make something in the high four digit range selling them all.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Pakled posted:

My dad bought a fuckton of guns during the Obama years and when he passes away, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them all. I don't want em and I know it would be better for society​ if I just destroyed them, but on the other hand, I'd probably make something in the high four digit range selling them all.

Melt them down into batons with which to bash the fash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pakled posted:

you should probably sell them, you're not going to meaningfully reduce the amount of guns in circulation but taking money away from crazy people who already have tons of guns is beneficial

• Locked thread