Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Might be a 100% Lightning resist boss someday.

That's when you give her a Romanda Pistol since Doublehand doesn't apply to two handed weapons which would make up for the 13 ATK deficit :v:
Two handed weapons really need something to stand out, like an innate doublehand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Evil Fluffy posted:

Finally completed doublehand, putting my Olive over 1k attack.

Still need another Quick Assault, Black hood, and a pair of bracers for her. :negative:

a pair of bracers? do you not have ifrits claw? i think 5% hit points is a fair trade for 20% fire resist and blind immunity. (also do you have a MONSTER BREASTPLATE for her :v:)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Welp we're getting Titan right the hell now. But they mesed up the news for the Raid summon. However, it looks like Minfilia/Ysh aren't in this one, just Yda and Papalimo.
But jeez they're really rushing this FFXIV content. What next, the wind themed raid in less than a month?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

HGH posted:

Welp we're getting Titan right the hell now. But they mesed up the news for the Raid summon. However, it looks like Minfilia/Ysh aren't in this one, just Yda and Papalimo.
But jeez they're really rushing this FFXIV content. What next, the wind themed raid in less than a month?

The whole idea is that it's celebrating the lead-up to Stormblood, the new XIV expansion. I'm surprised it's this early (even "early access" for Stormblood doesn't start for several more weeks) but poo poo, I was sad that I missed Y'shtola, Minfilia and Thancred so I'm not complaining.

Also us not getting the other three seems to be in error, I've seen it reported elsewhere that we're getting all five. (The thing is, we probably won't see the exclusive gear for the other three. (Which is unfortunate, because Y'shtola's gear helps her a bunch.)

Man, though, getting Yda and Papalymo before, like, WoL awakening is kind of wild, isn't it. Aren't both these dorks going to be kind of good compared to much of our current roster? Lord knows Papalymo will put most of my other casters to shame.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 30, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
They fixed the announcement, all 5 will be in the raid summon.

Is Yda's TM 10% evade / 15% attack? like, mini-Shine? That's fantastic for raid summoning.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Is Yda's TM 10% evade / 15% attack? like, mini-Shine? That's fantastic for raid summoning.

Indeed it is. Yda's actual damage seems based a bit more around crits as opposed to being a bucket of pure passives like Olive or Reberta, though, but it's still a great TM and will be way easier to get than Shine's.

Sadly, they're both rated rather low in Japan. We'll have to see if they get any extra toys in Global to make them better, although Papalymo comes with Dualcast baked into his kit and you get a goddamn 88 mag rod from the raid, so if you need to torch fuckers with Magic and Rem didn't come home, hey presto.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So I'm guessing we get another week of 1/2 pulling on the Wilhelm banner? At least it's not Type 0.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

I saw somewhere it doesn't stack though, still good however.

I really love these Raid events. It's a bunch of free stuff and it's great.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you need Yshtola, be prepared to earn lots of raid coins, especially if she doesn't show up as an earned reward for points accumulated. Some went the whole Ifrit raid and never pulled her from the raid gacha...

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

If you need Yshtola, be prepared to earn lots of raid coins, especially if she doesn't show up as an earned reward for points accumulated. Some went the whole Ifrit raid and never pulled her from the raid gacha...

I was one of them! Also make sure you upgrade Minfilia because it's the only time her upgrade mats are going to be around and I mistakenly sold all mine right at the end of the event.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Attack on Titan guide is up if you want a preview:

http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/the-true-titan-trial/

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cartoon Man posted:

Same here and I barely got enough points to earn her from the raid rewards.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The twelve listened to my prayers :smug:

I'll stock up cactuars from the type 0 event now to power through Minfilia to 6* once I get all the mats I need. Never was able to get Y'shtola the last time, hopefully I pull her just because she'd be an upgrade over Luka.

-Correct me if I'm wrong but the Garuda raid event had the previous characters as point threshold rewards. The titan event being as early as it is surprised me anyways.

Im wondering if they are going to double up and have the garuda event right after that, coinciding with the actual release of stormblood. That way the Japanese version of the game has the "Extreme" version of the primal fight order while global has the "story" version of the order.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 30, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cartoon Man posted:

I got like 10 Y'shtolas from raid summons, and I wasn't even able to do elt difficulty.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I completed the Ifrit trial entirely and ended up with 2 Y'sh and 2 Mins.

My other Y'sh I am grooming to be some sleeper mage in the event Earth and aero damage become relevant.

Maybe I can get my last groups TMs completed...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Is it worth getting Sice's scythe if I already have Gungnir and no Dual Weild? (Zidane's at ~50% TMR, and I'm not grinding.)

Khisanth Magus posted:

I got like 10 Y'shtolas from raid summons, and I wasn't even able to do elt difficulty.

I got 1, right near the end. I also got 32 Minfilia and 106 Thancred. :geno:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

According to the wiki the two new characters don't have any special mats for their 5* and 6* upgrades so don't worry about keeping the mats lying around once you get Y'shtola and Minfilia to 6*.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Shingouryu posted:

Genji glove is arguably the best accessory for physical attackers without innate dual wield. Once you pull a top tier physical DPS (Orlandeu, Reberta, Aileen) it will serve you very well. Only really consider dualcast if you have Refia, as it turns her into the best healer, or Cecil as it gives him great back up healer potential.

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I went back and read the OP - kudos on that, btw. Don't know if it's updated or not but it seems more helpful this time around. Maybe I just understand more about the game while reading it this time.

Currently I'm kinda paralyzed by choice. I didn't whale out but I did a big fat whale belly flop - the $50 lapis was enough to put me over 2 11 pulls and since my dozen free tickets didn't net me anything particularly great I dove in. Got a couple Cecils, Leo, double Bartz, double Vaan, Zidane, ExDeath. So I can see a good party there - though I'm kind of lacking a really strong healer.

My question is - what first? I can TM grind I guess because Bartz dual wielding Excaliburs seems :black101: (and as an aside - is it worth grabbing straight dual wield when I'm working on Genji Glove already?). It just seems like in these games that I always miss out on doing any of the fun or challenging stuff. TM grinds - since I have like 8 or 9 TM rewards that look super amazing - seem like the quickest route to that. It's only a week of constant grinding right? :downs:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ugato posted:

Awesome, thanks for the tip. I went back and read the OP - kudos on that, btw. Don't know if it's updated or not but it seems more helpful this time around. Maybe I just understand more about the game while reading it this time.

Currently I'm kinda paralyzed by choice. I didn't whale out but I did a big fat whale belly flop - the $50 lapis was enough to put me over 2 11 pulls and since my dozen free tickets didn't net me anything particularly great I dove in. Got a couple Cecils, Leo, double Bartz, double Vaan, Zidane, ExDeath. So I can see a good party there - though I'm kind of lacking a really strong healer.

My question is - what first? I can TM grind I guess because Bartz dual wielding Excaliburs seems :black101: (and as an aside - is it worth grabbing straight dual wield when I'm working on Genji Glove already?). It just seems like in these games that I always miss out on doing any of the fun or challenging stuff. TM grinds - since I have like 8 or 9 TM rewards that look super amazing - seem like the quickest route to that. It's only a week of constant grinding right? :downs:

You are going to want pretty much everyone to have dual wield of some form.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Khisanth Magus posted:

You are going to want pretty much everyone to have dual wield of some form.

At least 2 dual wields for your 2 damage dealers. Third floater character can be a support dps which benefits from DW like Rikku, or it can be a finisher that DH or DW depending on what type of finisher he is (Olive/Cloud are DH, Luneth/F&I Laslow are DW finisher) or it can be a green mage that doesn't benefit as much from DW or it can be a bard, that doesn't benefit from DW either.

A tank like WoL can get by DW if he's using something like winged guardian but realistically you want to stack as much DEF and SPR as you can and that means having to equip a heavy shield. Healers dont really benefit from dual wielding and are better off equipping a shield if they can or slapping a heavy shield materia on them if they cant (Looking at you tilith!)

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Finally got Zyrus, which allowed me to finally unload all of the draco spike tms I had. Can't wait to get Reberta one day considering I have 22 crimson bloods taking up space.

On another note, it sucks that equipped weapons don't show up on units in battle.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Guess I should go burn through my friend points and try to get a Stone Killer from Giott, then!

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I hope Gumi learned from the Ifrit raid and nerfs Titan down to our level. Especially since we don't have 6* WoL or Ramza's enhancements.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Mr. Swoon posted:

I hope Gumi learned from the Ifrit raid and nerfs Titan down to our level. Especially since we don't have 6* WoL or Ramza's enhancements.

I hope the bots come back for boosting the rate of getting tokens :black101:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mr. Swoon posted:

Kongbakpao is saying it should be and that an Orlandu with Stonekiller should carry.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Finally got Zyrus, which allowed me to finally unload all of the draco spike tms I had. Can't wait to get Reberta one day considering I have 22 crimson bloods taking up space.

On another note, it sucks that equipped weapons don't show up on units in battle.

just sell them off and you'll get zyrus on your next daily roll!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Going to be on vacation for much of the Titan event but getting all the personal score drops shouldn't be too bad. Hoping to get at least a couple Yda TMs and maybe a 3rd Y'shtola TM.

rabidsquid posted:

a pair of bracers? do you not have ifrits claw? i think 5% hit points is a fair trade for 20% fire resist and blind immunity. (also do you have a MONSTER BREASTPLATE for her :v:)

Ifrit's Claw is currently on my Orlandu. :eng101:

Having a 924atk Orlandu and a 1019atk Olive is nice. Gonna be much nicer when I get 5-6 more TMs finished for Olive though. Need to get her 2 bracers, monster brestplate, black hood, and 2 TMs from Shine/Queen.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ugato posted:

I try to update the OP every couple months, but between the Wiki and Reddit you have a lot of the more in depth info so I'll probably go back and rewrite it all for new users at some point.

You'll get the *best* healer in the game during the next event if you make sure to grind out your orbs all the time. The event will almost certainly be able to be carried by a strong friend unit as the last ones have been.

It's about 30 days if you aren't spending lapis to grind a unit. Every 10 NRG is .1% so you need 10,000 NRG for 100%. 10,000 NRG/12 = the number of hours it would take to get that much NRG, which is 834. Divide that by 24 for the number of days and you end up with 35 days of constant NRG spending. Of course this doesn't account for refreshes from ranking up, but it also doesn't take into account NRG you'll want to spend on events during that period. It will take a long time but it will be worth it.

Genji Glove and Dual Wield are the top priorities. A pair of Excaliburs is a good start as well. Don't TM Exdeath or Vaan. Leo can wait a while as well. Post your roster and I'll tell you what to grind.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I think Titan will be a bit better than the ifrit raid because we have some real damage dealers now. During ifrit the best we had was Noctis and Olive. Now we have orlandeau, Aileen, and Roberta. Sadly no enhancements for any of the top dogs, but still should be more doable.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Orlandu was available sometime during the ifrit raid though iirc

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PaybackJack posted:

I try to update the OP every couple months, but between the Wiki and Reddit you have a lot of the more in depth info so I'll probably go back and rewrite it all for new users at some point.

You'll get the *best* healer in the game during the next event if you make sure to grind out your orbs all the time. The event will almost certainly be able to be carried by a strong friend unit as the last ones have been.

It's about 30 days if you aren't spending lapis to grind a unit. Every 10 NRG is .1% so you need 10,000 NRG for 100%. 10,000 NRG/12 = the number of hours it would take to get that much NRG, which is 834. Divide that by 24 for the number of days and you end up with 35 days of constant NRG spending. Of course this doesn't account for refreshes from ranking up, but it also doesn't take into account NRG you'll want to spend on events during that period. It will take a long time but it will be worth it.

Genji Glove and Dual Wield are the top priorities. A pair of Excaliburs is a good start as well. Don't TM Exdeath or Vaan. Leo can wait a while as well. Post your roster and I'll tell you what to grind.

Yeah my head math forgot to account that energy recharges every *5* minutes. And yeah I wasn't planning on TMing Vaan any time soon. He's just the only full breaker I have so thought he was worth mentioning. Don't have an easy way to post screens right now so I'll just make a list.

Oh I guess firstly, my current TM group is Gilgamesh, Ludmille, Zidane, 2x Cecil.

Entire list:

Gilgamesh
Ludmille
Seria
Vaan x2
Zidane
Bartz
Terra
ExDeath
Luna
Krile
Vivi
Zyrus x2
Aiden
Gau
Setzer
Grace
Heltich x2
Sozhe
Guy
Shera
Shine
Lawrence
Soleil
Elle
Eight
Arc
Seven
Vanille
Gafgarion x2
Lani
Amarant
Chizuru
Leo
Miyuki
Russell
Roselia x2
Cerius
Duane x2
Kuja
Garland
Bedile
Anzelm
Clyne
Rydia
Shantotto
Edgar
Kain
Shadow
Sabin
Panelo
Ronaldo
Shiki
Anastasis

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Recent JP News: Nother Mana Collab event, Featuring the shmucks from SD3

ITS HAPPENING AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Shoenin posted:

:getin:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shoenin posted:

Reisz is apparently a buffer/debuffer with an amazing helmet TM. They still dont know what the %s are for her skills but if they are high enough she might be a very good character.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Probably to coincide with the launch of the Mana collection game? Would love to see that come to the US and the Switch. (And to FFBE of course.)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Probably to coincide with the launch of the Mana collection game? Would love to see that come to the US and the Switch. (And to FFBE of course.)

No joke, if SD collection comes over, I will buy a switch just for it, and if we get this collab, money will fly from my pockets and make it rain.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ugato posted:

Yeah my head math forgot to account that energy recharges every *5* minutes. And yeah I wasn't planning on TMing Vaan any time soon. He's just the only full breaker I have so thought he was worth mentioning. Don't have an easy way to post screens right now so I'll just make a list.

Oh I guess firstly, my current TM group is Gilgamesh, Ludmille, Zidane, 2x Cecil.

Entire list: Sorted by SSS SS S A B C D

Get Gilgamesh into a beast!

Team 1

Gilgamesh SSS
Chizuru SS
Gafgarion x1 SS
Cecil SS
Shine SS

Use Dana's or my Lightning to clear Gilgamesh Trial, which gets you the Genji sword and 30% attack materia.
Use a high Attack Orlandu(910+ with Excalibur) or Olive(1100+) to clear the Dark Beast trial and get Ifrit Claw and Large Sword Mastery. Run the March of Beasts trail and get the Demon Mail. Clear the current event and get the Imperial Helm and that's your great for a while.

When the first batch of TMs finish. Start on Setzer who will be your chainer for Gilgamesh to finish off of:

Setzer S
Zidane SSS
Ludmille S
Bartz S

Zyrus x2 S
Grace S
Seven SS
Miyuki S

-- Everyone below here is not so important right now --

Seria B
Vaan x2 B
Terra C
ExDeath C
Luna A
Krile D
Vivi D
Aiden A
Gau A
Heltich x2 C
Sozhe A
Guy B
Shera C
Lawrence A
Soleil D
Elle B
Eight C
Arc A
Vanille s
Lani D
Amarant A
Leo A
Russell C
Roselia x2 B
Cerius C
Duane x2 F
Kuja C
Garland A
Bedile D
Anzelm D
Clyne B
Rydia B
Shantotto A
Edgar B
Kain B
Shadow F
Sabin D
Panelo A

*friend units are worth keeping and using friend points to get their tm, you should never need to grind them.

Ronaldo
Shiki
Anastasis

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 30, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

NinjaDebugger posted:

No joke, if SD collection comes over, I will buy a switch just for it, and if we get this collab, money will fly from my pockets and make it rain.

Same on both accounts. I will plop the money down for Switch in an instant if the SD collection came over, and I would actually probably whale for this collab, despite never doing it in a f2p game.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do to how the game scales damage making a single strong unit will trump getting a two ok units (for the most part). Genji Gloves, Genji Blade (Trial), Excalibur, 2 Bracers, Blade Mastery and Large Sword Mastery (Trial) will make for a very good Gilgamesh and chances are that by the time you finish those TMs his enhancments will be out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ugato posted:

Everybody has a full breaker now, and it's Rain! When he got his 6* form he also got Undermine which is a reskinned Full Break. Plus he levels up super fast and having a 6* form gives him extra stats over the old max 5* full breakers.

Also the upcoming FF14 Titan event gives out a Y'shtola who is a fantastic healer with innate dual cast so I wouldn't worry about a lack of healers once you get her.

• Locked thread