Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm really disappointed in Kathy Griffin and that she doesn't want life to imitate art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TyroneGoldstein posted:

This is correct. This has always been correct and I'm disappointed this even needs to be stated here when people on this very board who actually follow politics have said...repeatedly...that with the Democratic Party and it's constituents the single most important thing going into a Presidential election is to build the coalition and get everyone on board with the love fest. We cannot rely on garbage agitprop. It does not work in this era with left wing ideas.

it turns out you can do... both? is that possible, doing two things at once? no, surely, this cannot be... i cannot look at the kathy griffin images while also encouraging people to vote... i must choose, a cruel choice...

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Trabisnikof posted:

Meanwhile, we're talking about how Trump is ruining America and how they use ISIS to threaten us. That's a win for Democrats.

I think it is good if Kathy Griffin joins the dirtbag left.

I agree except that "we" in this instance is the SA forums, not America at large. 99% of people who see this photo aren't going to give 2 shits about the context or about what Griffin is trying to say. It's great fodder for discussion in this thread, but this thread is not the US.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sometimes you need a criminal lawyer.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Glenn Greenwald believes leaks are "serious crimes" now, apparently:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/869560721885024256

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Unzip and Attack posted:

I agree except that "we" in this instance is the SA forums, not America at large. 99% of people who see this photo aren't going to give 2 shits about the context or about what Griffin is trying to say. It's great fodder for discussion in this thread, but this thread is not the US.

oh wow, people who read newsmax or drudge are going to decide the liberal left are crazy, and that they shouldn't vote democrat. this is truly a crushing blow. what will we do now that angry old trump voters who distrust mainstream media saw a thing they didn't like on the internet and blamed all democrats everywhere for it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Kathy Griffin trolling is good because you know Trump will see it, become irrate, have a blood pressure spike, and be one step closer to a heart attack or brain aneurism.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

fsif posted:

Hope I'm not getting into Dem thread territory here, but I don't think those comments will matter that much come 2020. Clinton won her primary fairly comfortably and she has about a tenth of Booker's charisma.

I could see a sustained effort from a politically-engaged left maybe sinking him over it (and I acknowledge that the political climate of 2020 will be very different from what it was a year ago), but I think it's premature to say that his presidential ambitions are sunk.

To be clear I don't think those two statements will sink him. I think whatever drives him to say those things despite knowing he wants to run for President will sink him because he'll keep saying them.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

DaveWoo posted:

Look at the person he is replying to. Milk drinking "the leaks are the problem" chum.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

withak posted:

Sometimes you need a criminal lawyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvlEqAjg8aU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

DaveWoo posted:

I don't think that's how he means it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
may i have your attention please, hello. all liberals, progressives, leftists, and democratic voters in america? please stop it. please stop saying anything, doing anything, going anywhere, or making any noise, activity, or speech which might startle republicans, or make them upset. only then can we retake the white house in 2020. thank you

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The number of people calling for Kathy Griffin to be beheaded on twitter shows how easy it is to troll the right.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm kind of hoping The Five talks about women only Wonder Woman screenings and we get some Trump tweets out of that.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

fsif posted:

Hope I'm not getting into Dem thread territory here, but I don't think those comments will matter that much come 2020. Clinton won her primary fairly comfortably and she has about a tenth of Booker's charisma.

I could see a sustained effort from a politically-engaged left maybe sinking him over it (and I acknowledge that the political climate of 2020 will be very different from what it was a year ago), but I think it's premature to say that his presidential ambitions are sunk.

Clinton won her primary decidedly uncomfortably in a field that was extremely thin and consisted of only one real challenger--a guy in his mid-70s who had never run in a national race. Not to mention a party apparatus that was extremely favorably disposed towards her cruising to the nomination.

In a GOP-like clown car field, she'd have drowned like Jeb did.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 21:06 on May 30, 2017

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

androo posted:

He trips into defending Trump while vociferously denying that he's doing that all the time. I'm done giving him benefit of the doubt.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

The number of people calling for Kathy Griffin to be beheaded on twitter shows how easy it is to troll the right.

i thought this should be evident with their preoccupation with safe spaces, snowflakes, fee-fees, cucking, triggering, etc.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Trabisnikof posted:

Haha loving snowflake libtard cucks always getting offendeHOW DARE YOU QUESTION GLORIOUS ORANGE LEADER I WILL RAPE YOUR SKULL OFF.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

androo posted:

for someone who supposedly doesn't mean it, he sure says it a lot

much like someone else i can think of

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

I hate to be the one to defend Greenwaldian equivocation, but he's pretty explicit that he thinks the leaks are themselves a good thing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Did Hannity ever get booted?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I hate to be the one to defend Greenwaldian equivocation, but he's pretty explicit that he thinks the leaks are themselves a good thing.

He's more explicit about liberal hypocrisy being the Real Problem with America.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

See, now I gotta come down on the side of Kathy Griffin of all people.

This administration really sucks rear end.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Alter Ego posted:

Clinton won her primary decidedly uncomfortably in a field that was extremely thin and consisted of only one real challenger--a guy in his mid-70s who had never run in a national race.

Possibly, but I can also see her potentially winning in the same manner Trump did - squeakers in the early days off of visibility until you've got inevitability.

Romney was in a very similar situation in 2012 - he was the most likely winner at the start, and early on voters hopped from one not-Romney to the next until he was inevitable.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

He says he's okay with the leaks, but JUST THINKS IT'S FUNNY how establishment players aren't calling for the leakers' imprisonment or whatever.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/869561258701447168

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Pollyanna posted:

Did Hannity ever get booted?

https://apnews.com/00f27493b3fb40498fe633e6e899d2f4/USAA-says-it-will-reinstate-ads-on-%27Hannity

noep

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Kathy Griffin trolling is good because you know Trump will see it, become irrate, have a blood pressure spike, and be one step closer to a heart attack or brain aneurism.

I'm hoping for 5 or 6 steps, personally.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Greenwald deleted at least one tweet, so I guess he realized his mask was slipping.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Bottom Liner posted:

Wrong sort of trolling. If you want to make him angry, belittle him, don't do strange performance art which he is not going to understand except as an impotent death threat. Something like pushing an effigy of him around in a baby carriage, or dressing it up as a stereotype Russian.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

fsif posted:

He says he's okay with the leaks, but JUST THINKS IT'S FUNNY how establishment players aren't calling for the leakers' imprisonment or whatever.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/869561258701447168

Yeah, he usually backtracks into that position whenever he's called out on it. Like Sinteres said, he's played this little game before.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
Trump friend

quote:

He'd like to you about what time of day it is, just for the practice

Jared Kushner on Trump's birtherism:

quote:

"He doesn't really believe it, Elizabeth. He just knows Republicans are stupid and they'll buy it."

http://www.gq.com/story/jared-kushner-trump-base-ny-observer

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Interesting convo with two Republican friends today. Main takeaways:

1. They think Trump is an embarrassment, one actually quoted Obama's note pretty accurately from memory to contrast it to dumbfuck's "thanks jews, great to be here!"
2. They are fine with us pissing off or leaving NATO, especially the one who served in Iraq
3. Surprisingly hung up on colleges not giving the Milos and Richard Spencers of the world a platform
4. Legitimately believe both sides are equally obstructionist, although the non-veteran did acknowledge the R's are more evil
5. Somewhat receptive or at least did not openly deride my "taxation at 90%, quit defunding poo poo so you can say it doesn't work, I love Eisenhower" rant.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Alter Ego posted:

I bet we get one in 4 years time as every nut with left-of-center politics decides "Hey, it worked for Trump."

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, he usually backtracks into that position whenever he's called out on it. Like Sinteres said, he's played this little game before.

Greenwald's shtick is tiring, but I don't think he's being hypocritical here.

That said, it takes a special kind of tunnel vision to produce that take in an environment like this, heh.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So, I made a comment about Kathy Griffin and then saw this

Is there any way to be removed from such a list? I'd rather​ not be Twitter stalked.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

America still hasn't learned that arming various factions in the Middle East NEVER turns out well.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah he doesn't believe in the Russian stuff:

quote:

GLENN GREENWALD: Well, so, first of all, there’s a media issue here, which is that if you look at The Wall Street Journal report, it’s pretty much exactly the same as every other significant report about Russia over the last six months, many of which have proven to be completely false. It’s based on anonymous officials making extremely vague claims. Even The Wall Street Journal says, "We don’t know who’s doing this, withholding information. We don’t know how much information is being withheld."

Secondly, the idea that Donald Trump is some kind of an agent or a spy of Russia, or that he is being blackmailed by Russia and is going to pass secret information to the Kremlin and endanger American agents on purpose, is an incredibly crazy claim that has been nowhere proven to be true. It reminds me of the kind of things Glenn Beck used to say about Obama while he stood at his chalkboard and drew those—those unstable charts that he drew, these wild conspiracy theories that are without evidence.

This was before Trump passed secret information to the Kremlin and it came out Kushner tried to create a secret back channel with the Kremlin.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Kekekela posted:

Interesting convo with two Republican friends today. Main takeaways:

1. They think Trump is an embarrassment, one actually quoted Obama's note pretty accurately from memory to contrast it to dumbfuck's "thanks jews, great to be here!"
2. They are fine with us pissing off or leaving NATO, especially the one who served in Iraq
3. Surprisingly hung up on colleges not giving the Milos and Richard Spencers of the world a platform
4. Legitimately believe both sides are equally obstructionist, although the non-veteran did acknowledge the R's are more evil
5. Somewhat receptive or at least did not openly deride my "taxation at 90%, quit defunding poo poo so you can say it doesn't work, I love Eisenhower" rant.

Did you remind them that the republicans can't get anything done with a majority in the house and Senate

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kekekela posted:

they're intellectually insecure and upset that their ideology isn't respected or regarded as worthy of study. people love to dress up their reflexive hatred as some kind of movement by using jargon and the other trappings of intellectualism - people who aren't that bright do this all the time to convince each other how smart they are. sort of like spending too much on entry level luxury cars or tract mcmansions to convince people how wealthy you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Trabisnikof posted:

lol, remember piss-christ?

The right are a bunch of giant loving babies.

• Locked thread