Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Some CSM somewhere would smell you out by the lack of misery and then crawl up his commander's rear end about poo poo like discipline and combat readiness and there you are at formations at 4 in the morning.

I'm not saying it'd bite you tomorrow, but as time goes on the chances of getting that army dong approaches certainty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

BY THE WAY I AM STONED BECAUSE gently caress THE ARMY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

milk milk lemonade posted:

yah idk I think I'd need to have you cite your sources on that. 'Making an example' of someone on IRR is a convoluted pain in the rear end

I don't have a link or anything. It was back in 05/06 timeframe.

*edit* http://www.nbcnews.com/id/10778905/ns/us_news-security/t/army-discharges-disobedient-reservists/#.WSylHuvyuUl

quote:

The Army on Monday began moves to expel dozens of reserve soldiers who failed to report for duty months after being mobilized for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, in effect serving notice to hundreds of others that they could face penalties for ignoring or refusing orders to return to active duty.
The proceedings mark a turning point in the Army’s struggle to contact, train and deploy thousands of Individual Ready Reserve soldiers, nearly half of whom have requested a delay in returning, asked to be exempt or simply ignored their orders.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 29, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Same

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR9GRK9vrlU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
you ever been out of the army?

you ever been out of the army...

...on WEEEEEED?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkA9rz-1YoA

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Yah I remember all that. Pretty confident nothing actually came of it. And I'm really not trying to beat this topic to death, but what you've posted in here gets repeated probably 1000 times a day amongst people in the Army which is the surest sign it isn't true. Like I said, I worked with some people involved with IRR and I'm pretty sure they couldn't get the ball rolling to change someone's discharge even if they wanted to (unless things have changed a lot). At least not over something as pointless as IRR musters and their hopelessly hosed contact info

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Meanwhile, on JBLM...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYfrfipChFA

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I did this but with a dog. When I was younger.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TBeats posted:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It's 113 F today at BLC

Please celebrate every day you are out, my friends

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Wtf, are you doing this at Camp Buehring? They tried to make me go to WLC there and I wiggled out of it. ETSed as an E5 without ever having done any NCOES. :dance:

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

DoktorLoken posted:

ETSed as an E5 without ever having done any NCOES. :dance:

:golfclap:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yes

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'd describe the day as that feeling your face gets when you lean in too close as you open your oven to check on the pizza rolls, except you replace the smell of pizza rolls with sand granules flying into your mouth and nose.

It's that unpleasant heat being radiated at your face, except the only way to shut the oven door is to get out

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

This is, uh... hm.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

worst cav got a new mascot

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

DoktorLoken posted:

Camp Buehring

ughhhhhhhhhh

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

This is, uh... hm.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

Soulex posted:

gip trump. not it.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/2017/05/30/guardsman-killed-training-exercise/354665001/

Only about two and a half more weeks in this hell hole. gently caress NTC.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
My old Guard unit is at the NTC right now. Started seeing some vague Facebook posts about "I'm safe" and poo poo.

Then someone posted a news article. One dead and three injured at NTC.

Nobody I know, but gently caress.

Edit: Oh, hey. You with 155 BCT?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
What the gently caress happened that article sucks

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

milk milk lemonade posted:

What the gently caress happened that article sucks

Nobody's released any details, but given that four people were involved in one incident, I'm going to guess vehicle rollover.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

For whatever it's worth, my guys worked like hell on that one. I walked in as the coroner was finishing up this morning. I'm so sorry, I wish there was more we could've done.

gently caress NTC.

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant

Naked Bear posted:

This is, uh... hm.

Did someone finally snuff the rooster?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Suntan Boy posted:

For whatever it's worth, my guys worked like hell on that one. I walked in as the coroner was finishing up this morning. I'm so sorry, I wish there was more we could've done.

gently caress NTC.

Are you stationed there now? One of old buddies is an OC.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Those guys had it rough but made t so i didn't get hosed with at NTC so those dudes are cool imo. I literally had an OC go to an 0-6 and explain that certain poo poo want my job and tough poo poo.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Yup. I've had a few guys I know filter through as OCs, all good dudes that knew their poo poo.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

TBeats posted:

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

McNally posted:

My old Guard unit is at the NTC right now. Started seeing some vague Facebook posts about "I'm safe" and poo poo.

Then someone posted a news article. One dead and three injured at NTC.

Nobody I know, but gently caress.

Edit: Oh, hey. You with 155 BCT?

Yep, that's the brigade I'm with.

Our OCs have been pretty good and, for the most part, chill.

The guy was in another​ battalion and was involved in an abrahms tank rolling over at night.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Mr_Ruckus posted:

Yep, that's the brigade I'm with.

Our OCs have been pretty good and, for the most part, chill.

The guy was in another​ battalion and was involved in an abrahms tank rolling over at night.

MSARNG released a statement on it, the tank was with 2/198th. That was the battalion I was in.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
I was attached to 1-98 for my recall deployment. I did not enjoy it.

DoktorLoken posted:

ETSed as an E5 without ever having done any NCOES. :dance:

poo poo yeah brother, same for me but E6. It's one of my best and most glorious army achievements.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
And now thanks to people squeaking through the system without attending NCOPDS (it has a new name now!), the STEP program:

quote:

- Soldiers must complete school before promotion

And before going to school, have to do online stuff. Also deferments are signed by the first GO in the chain.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

mlmp08 posted:

And now thanks to people squeaking through the system without attending NCOPDS (it has a new name now!), the STEP program:

And before going to school, have to do online stuff. Also deferments are signed by the first GO in the chain.

:wrongful: :aslol:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
What's I'm saying is that it's been turned into this massively high visibility obnoxious thing where even if a 16-ton anvil lands on an NCO's foot a week before school, they'll likely have some CSM interrogating them.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

There's the normal army fuckery, there's the stuff you'd expect to see on USAWTF, then every now and again someone tries to go for broke and become the example of everything wrong with the army itself; the type of people for which the phrase "All loving Nobles Must loving Hang" was created.

Pregnant soldiers forced to train in field, results in stillborns

:catstare:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Every time I see a story and think "this is it... it can't get any more hosed up than this," the Army goes and one-ups it.

What

The

gently caress

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

There's the normal army fuckery, there's the stuff you'd expect to see on USAWTF, then every now and again someone tries to go for broke and become the example of everything wrong with the army itself; the type of people for which the phrase "All loving Nobles Must loving Hang" was created.

Pregnant soldiers forced to train in field, results in stillborns

:catstare:

Got a more reliable source? He doesn't cite any in the writeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
If anyone fails to go to BLC/ALC/SLC their leadership will no poo poo have to explain why to the sergeant major of the army