Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

dudeness posted:

Me [20 M] with my coworker [ 25 F] Pushes her breasts against me
This happens to me a ridiculous amount at work, both co-workers and clients. Wrestling with dogs all day eliminates a lot of personal borders. I can't imagine thinking it was intentional.

Oh, except for the woman who kept stroking my arm while ostensibly helping restrain her dog. Like, lady, there's no way you thought my arm was part of your dog for that long. No part of your dog feels like my arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My (30F) FIL (67M) is MEGA inappropriate & my SO (29M) refuses to acknowledge because he thinks you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

quote:

To start I'm not using a throwaway because nobody I know uses reddit. This may be long. I am using my phone so forgive the mistakes on formatting or spelling.

To begin: I am 30F and I have been with my SO Jeff 29M for almost 3 years and we have a 10month old daughter.

My FIL Barry from the beginning has always made me uncomfortable by saying or doing inappropriate things or acting unforgivable. He always makes sex jokes or sexual innuendos even when there is nothing even remotely similar to spark even the slightly thought of sex , also often saying rude racist remarks about people near by.

My SO thinks his dad is just old and since I don't have a father I don't understand relationships, which I feel as tho is a cop out so he can avoid seeing the truth and keep him in our lives because he is afraid to loose him since he already lost his mother.

To frame our backrounds. I come from a fatherless family & Jeff parents slept in seperate bedrooms his entire life as he was the product of an affair but his parents stayed togther until his mother Trish passed away from health issues 7 years ago.

Jeffs mother left him a substantial amount of money to which Barry used for debt and to buy them each a Harley so they could go riding togther to bond.

Now problems with my FIL He isn't all bad. He worked for bell for 15years then was a Fire fighter doing kids P.R for 15years. He is retired now and runs a carseat installation service for new parents. Which is why his behavior strikes me as so odd.

Barry is very impulsive and had moved in Caryl (his current gf) less then a year after Jeff mother died, His new GF slept in Trish's old room. JEFF went off to collage and upon his return was told he can longer live at home because they want to move out alone.
I'll point form things that Barry has done to which I can't get over.

The first time I met Barry was at his GFS family Xmas party. His GF Caryl has a 50 year old brother Bob that has down syndrome. Caryl is VERY active in her younger brothers life and is the main care provider for him. Once dinner was over it was gift exchange time. We all sat in a circle and you draw from a hat and choose the mystery gift. You have the option of keeping it or trading it after its choosen but you don't get to choose who the gift goes too. So Barry decided that he would single Bob out in front of everyone by choosing the gift for Bob. So Barry get up and takes the mystery gift he brought to the party knowing who he was going to give it too and placed it in front of Bob. Bob opens it and started yelling pumpkin. Pumpkin. Then Barry tells a story that nobody laughed at about how bobs always shouting pumpkin so he thought he would get him one. My face was so red and I didn't even know Barry at the time. I avoided Barry the entire time we were there.

Barry sold ALL of his mother's belongings 2 weeks after his mother passed and didn't ask Jeff if he wanted any of it
Barry recently came to our family home last year and asked Jeff to borrow his bike because it was easier to ride. Jeff agreed and we watched his dad drive off. 3 weeks later Jeff gets a text from Barry and it's a photo of a brand new Harley. Barrys dream Harley. Jeff asked when he got that and his dad said he traded in thier bikes but Jeff was allowed to use his new one W. E he wanted leaving Jeff bike less. We live 5 hours from Barry. This broke Jeff heart because obviously he felt betrayed and that was the first thing he bought after his mother's passing using the money she left for him. My heart broke for Jeff and my I lost most of my respect for Barry.

• Jeff and I got into an argument once while we were visiting barrys family home and Barry came out to where were talking and told me I should go and we should go our seperate ways and end things before they get more complicated.
    Jeff just asked his father to go inside to let us continue speaking.
  • We had gone to a wedding togther and I had on fake lashes and I said how they were making my eyes itchy and Barry loudly announced to the table that he bets that's not the only things that's fake. (I don't have fake anything and I'm small chested so I don't know how the joke or coorlation even made sense)
  • A conversation came up about skin tags and Barry said he knew another name for them, called Tits then smiled as if what he said was humerous. Jeff told him immediately that was inappropriate and to not talk that way and nobody appreciates it.
  • We went for a walk once with Jeffs uncle and aunt and Barry trailed behind playing fart sounds off his phone to which nobody even acknowledged or engaged at. We again also told him afterwards we didn't like that once we got home.
  • We went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant that had various themes and one being a fishtank room. We got sat at the waterfall table amd Barry made a reference that everyone in the "Piss tank room" was a bunch of idiots. We politely told him to stop and he said "what you don't get it, piss tank =fish tank, P.i.s.s T.a.n.k room. And seemed upset we didn't want to engage. He also started picking up 2 grapes saying he had a set of them himself but much bigger.
  • When we went out to eat another time and had to wait 5 minutes for a table he was leaning in poking us to suggest watch this.. mumbling "Shaddd upppp" to the kids in front of us that were crying. He thinks because he says shad up instead of shut up its a joke. Again we told him to cut it out.
  • Barry ALWAYS talks about people by thier looks. "His GF has just a lovely but gorgeuos niece" or "The waitress at our table is just the sweetest doll, so cute" "The lady helping him at the furniture store was just a knockout" Or the reverse he makes racist terms when he orders a coffee he asks for a "Oprah - all black" or when our town had voting for Council he called them sandpacks or carpet heads. He judges people by thier looks, way to often I can't even recall a lot because it's so upsetting to me. He points out overweight people and calls them umpa loompas and Barry himself has the biggest hardest gut.
  • Barry's GF Caryl has mentioned to me in private that she holds a book club and invites women over to discuss read chapters and Barry started slapping thier bums on the way out the door. She cried to me about he makes me fun of fat people and she works within a fitness center so it's clearly important to her. She told me thier mutral friends have confided in her that they find Barry hard to be around.
  • When my daughter was born he didn't come to the birth (thank god) and called to congratulate us and said "that little bitch has more hair then me as he laughs" Jeff told him to cut it out and said she's not a bitch she is beautiful and my daughter.
  • Barry calls our daughter a Bratt or bugger and thinking it's funny and Jeff tells him to cut that out too.
We decided to watch a family movie and Barry just paused the movie and asked if anyone had any suppositories he could slip up his butt because he felt uncomfortable and he hasn't gone in a few days. We all said No so he went to the store. He came back and went straight into our bathroom & i heard "wahoooo I didn't need them after all - he walks out and comes up to me and says "I think I ripped smething tho" & I legit ignored him.
I have spoken to Jeff so many times about how inappropriate and how hard it is for me to be around him. Jeff has had multiple conversations with his dad about his behavior in public and around family but he never changes. Barry tones his attitude down for maybe the first 5 minutes then gets going again as if no conversation happened.

Now Jeff tells me to just get used to it because "he's old" & I just don't understand since I don't have a father. That hurts because I have always dreamed of having a father or father figure in my life but I'll never be ok with Barry being this way. I want my daughter to be proud of her papa not embarassed. Jeff has told me his dad is all he has left and that hurts too because I feel like he's putting his dad before our family now and that I should just expect to feel uncomfortable because he doesn't want to loose his dad which if that were the case would be Barry's loss because he chose to not respect boundaries our family and clearly everyone else has set.

It is at the point now I told Jeff he cannot come over unless he changes and I don't want our daughter growing up around a person like that. Jeff always gets defensive and has excuses for things just like Barry when you try to talk about things it's consistent deflection and Jeff ultimately said I should talk to him this time and gave me directions on how to frame the conversation so it somwhat seeps in for Barry because he knows his dad thr best and won't do well with a ultimatum of ship up or shape out as I think needs to happen.
So reddit. Please help me. I apologize if I started to rant away. I'm clearly at breaking point.
TLDR: update to OP. I hate my FIL attitude.

and theres an update where her husband(?) doesn't really care but it's just as long as the original so i chopped my favorite parts

quote:

Update: thank you everyone for all the advice. When I told my SO I posted here to get advice he thought it was stupid and geared towards my own validation, He thinks whenever anyone posts here it is just to validate themselves and doesn't solve the issue. I feel like he doesn't want me to feel like my feelings matter eventhough he tells me they do. I just don't understand that type of response. Anyway.

quote:

I made it through the entire day. without exploding until we decided to end the night with a movie. We put on Crouching tiger hidden dragon. Jeff has never seen it and im pretty passionate about films i like. Its One of my favorits. I have watched it a lot within the past but not for a few years so I was really interested in soaking up all the subtleties but Barry just spoke throughout each frame telling us his opinions as he drifted in and out of sleep eventhough the film was only 30min in. I won't lie. I flipped out.
It was at the opening scene where Yu Shu Lien enters the room of Jiao Long as she is performing calligraphy and she announces to Yu Shu Lien she wants them to be sisters. Barry pipes in and says "common you don't recognize her, you faught her last night" I jumped up off the couch out of my seat and scream O. M.F.G Barry. Why would you ruin the movie everyone. He looked stunned and didn't say a word and Jeff just sat there defending his dad saying he knew the entire time it was her and that I was over reacting which fueled me more because I felt like he was just agreeing with his dad so he could avoid causing waves since Barry will be here until Monday.
I went to bed and cried then came out 2 hours later and saw Jeff was on the couch sleeping.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Zil posted:

I don't think she is the side chick, because if so what did he introduce her as to his coworker? If he said girlfriend than the coworker knows what she is doing and if he did not introduce her as his girlfriend how did that go unnoticed?

It's not that hard to imagine.

"Hey, this is Julia!"

"Oh, hi, Julia! Robert's told me so much about you!"

You could skate by on unstated assumptions, especially if it wasn't a very long interaction.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

dudeness posted:

My (30F) FIL (67M) is MEGA inappropriate & my SO (29M) refuses to acknowledge because he thinks you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

and theres an update where her husband(?) doesn't really care but it's just as long as the original so i chopped my favorite parts

quote:

It was at the opening scene where Yu Shu Lien enters the room of Jiao Long as she is performing calligraphy and she announces to Yu Shu Lien she wants them to be sisters. Barry pipes in and says "common you don't recognize her, you faught her last night" I jumped up off the couch out of my seat and scream O. M.F.G Barry. Why would you ruin the movie everyone.

lol at this, out of everything, being the last straw for her

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

PleasingFungus posted:

It's not that hard to imagine.

"Hey, this is Julia!"

"Oh, hi, Julia! Robert's told me so much about you!"

You could skate by on unstated assumptions, especially if it wasn't a very long interaction.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

PleasingFungus posted:

Yeah just sounds like dad is giving no fucks and son has obviously made his choice on who he is siding with. She might as well :sever: now while she has the chance.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

PleasingFungus posted:

That's why they call it the last straw and not the last racist tirade, or the last sexual harassment, or whatever.

There's no way that doesn't end with dense guy and rear end in a top hat Dad alone together, which is 100% a win for the wife, the GF, and the baby tbh.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

/r/relationships: No part of your dog feels like my arm.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Zil posted:

Yeah just sounds like dad is giving no fucks and son has obviously made his choice on who he is siding with. She might as well :sever: now while she has the chance.

And my last straw is her terrible, terrible grammar and tenuous hold of the English language.

Also, anyone who is super into motorcycles will generally suck.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

PleasingFungus posted:

Me [23 F] with my boyfriend [29 M] of two years, he's in Vegas with his coworker [32 F] and didn't tell me she's there
i find stuff like this almost comical cause we have stories where the person being cheated on is so progressive about not being jealous/controlling that they straight up put up with plain as day evidence that their so doesn't respect their relationship.

Opposite sex friends are chill so long as they aren't either super obviously bitter about just being a friend/actively lusting for your SO but the internet has made it almost regressive to say that your SO should cut those people out of their life. Tweak as needed to account for other sexualities.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 31, 2017

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Me [20m] with my Gf [16f] of two weeks, age gap too big?

quote:

Hey guys. I got myself in a little bit of a pickle and I would like to hear your guys' advice. Im wondering from your guys' life experiences, how risky a relationship like this is?

I understand when your in high school years you change so much between grades and mature very quickly. I also understand I am an adult and much more mature and a little smarter than her. So far shes been getting made fun of in class for dating me and my peers and family have all gave me the stink eye for dating such a young age and I totally understand. She is quite mature for her age and her and I both understand each other's humor quite well. I feel so judged and confused as if I should continue this relationship any further or not. I know a lot of people here think I could be taking advantage of her as she wouldn't know any better, but I am far from doing that. Keep in mind the age of consent where I live is 16 and she turns 17 in December.

For now I will continue to evaluate my relationship with her and she if our mental maturity levels are the same as I think they are. I hope some of you guys can help me out and give some advice/life experience in my situation.
tl;dr; Age gap too big? Need advice

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Bamabalacha posted:

:smith:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Me [20m] with my Gf [16f] of two weeks, age gap too big?
"Mature for their age" ah, the classics. I wonder why most people in these stories don't try to argue that they are immature or inexperienced for their age?

Khorne fucked around with this message at 08:10 on May 31, 2017

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
for age gap stories like that I mostly just wonder how they met. Like 22 vs 26 is a little weird but I could see it happening, 26 vs 30 is even easier and p much fine,, but how does 16 vs 20 happen organically. How does a 20 year old meet a 16 year old in a context where they find it acceptable to start dating.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

for age gap stories like that I mostly just wonder how they met. Like 22 vs 26 is a little weird but I could see it happening, 26 vs 30 is even easier and p much fine,, but how does 16 vs 20 happen organically. How does a 20 year old meet a 16 year old in a context where they find it acceptable to start dating.
Drugs, probably, or a music scene of some kind.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

What sign should I [29M] put on my door to keep nosy/needy neighbors [teens-40s M/F] from constantly knocking on my door?
u/trisk

quote:

Tl;dr: Bother-y neighbors. Anxiety. Sign on door to stop? Thank.

I live in a close quarters apartment complex. I have intense, reactive anxiety, to the point of suffering debilitating panic attacks when people knock on my door.

At least once per day, my neighbors knock on my door. Sometimes it's a teenager asking for cigarettes, sometimes its a 20-something selling brownies, sometimes it's a 40-something asking me to microwave a piece of cheese on a piece of bread (not kidding.)

Each time it's a ten-minute ordeal of putting my dogs in their kennels, panicking, and trying to calm down so I'm not hyperventilating. Then after they leave it's 20 minutes more of physically calming my panic, and another hour before I'm back near baseline calm.

Due to my severe anxiety, I don't want to actually confront them in person, but jeez, I just want them to stop bothering (scaring) me.

I think a sign on my door might work. Is a sign even a good answer? What should it say? They're nice enough people, so I'd prefer not to be rude, if possible.

Thank you for your help.

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

This guy has, well, his posts should speak for themselves.

First we set up his recurring problem of being unable to interpret pretty innocuous body language.

Two years ago
Me [20 M] feel I take personal relationships too seriously

Does this girl like me based on body language situation ? Me [19 M] Girl [20F]

Then comes the quoted story.

Then he's easily distracted
Me [20 M] Only person not invited to my friends [21 F] Birthday party.

But wait?

Me [21M] with my girlfriend [25 F] feel like leaving my girlfriend beacuse I feel worthless

Well, the ages kinda match up? I guess they got together in the end. That's a happy e-

One year ago

Me [22 M] with my girlfriend [25 F] one year, my gf broke up with me today because I've been to shy with her family

Oh. Well that's too bad.

Me [22 M] with my new female acquaintances [20/F] [20/F] , was asked if I go out, didn't know what to say

...Ok. That's enough titles. Everything culminates in one last post.

262 days ago

Is a situation with a girl I stalked online solvable ?

:catstare:

Portrait of the Autist as a Young Man

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Each time it's a ten-minute ordeal of putting my dogs in their kennels, panicking, and trying to calm down so I'm not hyperventilating. Then after they leave it's 20 minutes more of physically calming my panic, and another hour before I'm back near baseline calm. 

Jfc, just print that out and hang it up

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

Bamabalacha posted:

The saddest thing. One of my best friends owns a Harley dealership, and while he's legit awesome he's also one step outside a Bosch painting.

Think going to an Arctic Monkeys concert c.2005.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A relationship taken from the legal advice subreddit.

Imagine being so mad that your kid tried to not die of disease.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Frustrated with ex bf 16F/21M

quote:

tl;dr why is my ex tormenting my maiden heart like this My ex who liked me a lot and whom I loved a lot broke up with me a week ago because of his very stressful work that requires his full attention. He also said he didn't know if he liked me any more. It made me very sad and because I'm a little spontaneous I deleted all of our pictures and unfollowed him on insta and deleted him from fb lol. I also removed his screen name on our fb chat.

Now he added me again, I accepted. He liked my new profile pic and all that stuff. He sent me things over insta and I followed him again. He says he hasn't deleted our pictures because he thinks I look pretty and he hasn't removed my screen name either even if it's "baby❤". He says he'd like to go shopping with me sometime and buy what I want for me. I just really don't understand!!!!! I've been in relationships before but this is so frustrating...

Looked to see if she'd posted any more information elsewhere and oh beans :stonk::stonk::stonk:

quote:

Is my relationship illegal?? (self.relationships)

[deleted]

quote:

Is my relationship illegal? (self.legaladvice)

[deleted]

quote:

Looking for little friends 💕 (self.bdsm)

quote:

Several posts I refuse to repeat in /r/ddlg

It's not even pretend pedophilia at that point it's just actually pedophilia :barf:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

is she european? 16 isnt illegal there

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Fartbox posted:

is she european? 16 isnt illegal there

From what I can piece together, the girl lives in Denmark and the guy is from Canada, also she was 15 when she posted the "is this illegal" deleted threads and only knew the guy for a week :barf: The more I dig the worse it gets

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Brainworm posted:

The saddest thing. One of my best friends owns a Harley dealership, and while he's legit awesome he's also one step outside a Bosch painting.

Think going to an Arctic Monkeys concert c.2005.

Ohhhhh Harleys.

There's definitely a scale of crazy with Harleys at 10, and groups of people who just really like riding bikes that aren't some weird throwback at the other.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Ohhhhh Harleys.

There's definitely a scale of crazy with Harleys at 10, and groups of people who just really like riding bikes that aren't some weird throwback at the other.

I'm completely willing to admit that my opinion of motorcycle owners has been colored by growing up with a Hell's Angels clubhouse down the road and having had an ex whose dad was a former biker with lots of weirdo non-biker motorcycle riding friends.

You very well could be a cool dude, friend!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Unload My Head posted:

"age difference" he says of someone five years apart.

There's definitely a in college / post college maturity jump. Plus she can't even go to bars!

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Unload My Head posted:

"age difference" he says of someone five years apart.

I probably would have thought that at 20 and yeah it seems precious now- but idk comparing the ratio of age makes more sense to me if you only count adult years

so its like two years out here in the poo poo versus seven, that's a bigger leap than if they're both in their 30s so I guess I can see it?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
An older take on the "Possessive Brother" tale

Me [40/M] with my BIL [38 M] 14+ years was threatened with physical violence. Should I still allow him access to my kids?

quote:

I posted a series of facebook posts based on an inside joke that my wife (his sister) and I have regarding sex. There was NOTHING crude or inappropriate about them and for most people it is a whoosh over their heads. Just a saying from a popular movie series. Well I get this series of texts from him AFTER he blew up on me over facebook to the point I had to insta block him:

Him: That's it man enough is enough. You keep talking about my sister like that and I will gently caress you up.
Me: not sure what rustled your jimmies but take it easy. its all in good fun.
him: I don't care if she doesn't care. I do. It's disrespectful and I am not loving having it. You play this vulnerable card and you want people to be nice and respect you. No wonder you have social anxiety. Saying poo poo like that. You deserve the stress you get.
Him: It's not good fun to me. gently caress you. You wouldn't want some punk talking poo poo about any like that. Why the gently caress would a brother want to hear
Me:nice. you have ZERO context behind what that post was even about. its not what you think it is
Me: im not arguing with you about something so silly. I have a sick child home from school today and another possibly coming down with the same thing. cheers.
Him: gently caress you and you stupid loving mind games
Him: That's the last time you talk about my sister like that to me. I am loving serious!!!
Him: Those texts and your stupid inuendo is what I am talking about.
Him: ENOUGH!!!!!
Me: yeah well. fwiw, sorry YOU are offended. I will remove the posts in the interest of unrustling jimmies.
Him: My jimmies are fine. Respect my loving sister!!

I was broadsided by the completely unprovoked and unwarranted personal attacks. Especially when he used my mental issues against me. (I am diagnosed cptsd. He knows this. ) I have a H-U-G-E problem with trusting anyone and it took me years to even really start talking to him in any appreciable "brother" respects especially revealing that I had CPTSD. He wiped that all out in less than hour with those texts. To the point I sms and mobile blocked him.

I sms my wife and ask if she feels disrespected. She then asks why I am asking. So I forward the text convo. Before I forward she says that the posts are eye rolls at the absolute worst for her and there is no feeling of disrespect. She gets the text convos and in an instant texts me back:

Her: What in the actual gently caress??! I feel sick.
Me: why?
Her: There is definitely something wrong with him. This is completely out of the norm.
Me: Well whatever it is, he effectively just wrote me out of his life.
Her: let's not be hasty, but seriously WTF??!
Me: I am at the point I may want to phone the police based on the threats. (not the first time he has threatened me, but back then we were getting WAY carried away partying. This was also like 10 years ago)
Her......................................... Whatever you think.

So I calm down a bit. I think about it and now 3 days later I am still pissed and slightly frightened that he did what he did. ( I HATE fighting or the prospect of physical violence due to my past) The more I think about it the more I do not want him around my kids or my home any longer (at least short term because I have ZERO family and my kids only have this one extended family member in the city) based on the unprovoked and unwarranted personal attack and threats that came out of nowhere.

Up to this point, we have been like brothers. Hanging out every weekend. Playing cards. Shopping. Talking. (the talking is a big thing because it took years for me to start even doing that with him) We would call each other for advice. Was even making plans for an out of town weekend. Then this.

Disclaimer: He has been very jealous of us in the past with our relationship, but really calmed down with it in the past 5 years or so.

tl;dr: Brother in law threatened me with physical violence over silly inside joke between the wife and me that I posted on facebook. Starting to think he should not be allowed around my home or kids. Any advice appreciated.

quote:

What's the inside joke? What's the saying from the movie series? BIL sounds dangerous and stupid even if the phrase is disgusting and explicit, but why leave that part of it out?

quote:

Kachow. Seriously. That is it. Edit: I forgot the line about Thunder coming after lightning.

I was honestly on the fence about posting it, but between ":kingsley: MY JIMMIES ARE FINE" and the fact that this whole thing started over a loving Cars meme :allears:

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

dudeness posted:

She gives the dad stealing her boyfriend's motorcycle - and publicly body-shaming her - just as much attention as every single bad fart joke the guy ever made. :allears:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

dudeness posted:

quote:

Or the reverse he makes racist terms when he orders a coffee he asks for a "Oprah - all black"

I take my coffee like my women; hot, black and bitter. :colbert:

So, oversteeped or overboiled grounds, if you want to get technical. Gimme dat 3AM diner zing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lmao

My girlfriend [26F] and I [25M] of one year just moved in together. We are having issues with my hobby.

Alright so I work at a card shop and let me tell you what's going on here in all likelihood

Either a) she's just being unreasonable or b) he's one of those goobers who is totally gonna win that 10k with his sweet sliver deck

I'm gonna lean on b because those are the only people I've seen who talk such a big game about the CONSTANT ANALYTICAL STRUGGLE, all the people I've seen who actually do well at those events (including a dude who literally invented a semi popular deck for high level play) are regular folks who play magic a couple times a week, and barring a couple exceptions, are just very good at the one deck they play

The odds of this being the lady who wrote an article talking poo poo about her date with Jon Finkle are pretty slim

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Bamabalacha posted:

I'm completely willing to admit that my opinion of motorcycle owners has been colored by growing up with a Hell's Angels clubhouse down the road and having had an ex whose dad was a former biker with lots of weirdo non-biker motorcycle riding friends.

You very well could be a cool dude, friend!

I think it's a bit of a different thing here (UK).
You do get them, though. Even not on Harleys sometimes.

Bikes are just fun transport, it's a shame assholes create all this badass hype around it and use a vehicle to define them.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I mean if we're circling back to the dumb M:tG discussion they literally make little blister packs that contain 2 fully-formed decks designed specifically to be easy to use and competitive against each other. They literally make a tailored solution to what this idiot is whining about. Just buy a couple sets of duel decks and use those when you're playing against your girlfriend.

All the posts here with "you don't understand guys it's really hard to play down to someone else's skill" or "lol so you're saying you want him to literally intentionally make mistakes/play poorly" are :goonsay: as gently caress

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kelp Me! posted:

All the posts here with "you don't understand guys it's really hard to play down to someone else's skill" or "lol so you're saying you want him to literally intentionally make mistakes/play poorly" are :goonsay: as gently caress

there's a grain of truth to it, i know people who have internalized basic concepts ot the point that they can literally pick up a game for the first time and top 8 a local event. all other things being equal, that guy is going to house me simply because he is better at the game

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

there's a grain of truth to it, i know people who have internalized basic concepts ot the point that they can literally pick up a game for the first time and top 8 a local event. all other things being equal, that guy is going to house me simply because he is better at the game

I'm not sure how being good at picking up and playing new games has anything to do with being a whiny nerd who acts like it's impossible to play with anyone who's not gunning for the pro tour

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kelp Me! posted:

I'm not sure how being good at picking up and playing new games has anything to do with being a whiny nerd who acts like it's impossible to play with anyone who's not gunning for the pro tour

im not sure you're literate so i guess we're even

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

DOMDOM posted:

What sign should I [29M] put on my door to keep nosy/needy neighbors [teens-40s M/F] from constantly knocking on my door?
u/trisk

sometimes i wonder if the modern world enables people to have mental illnesses like this and that they were killed/had bigger issues to worry about in the pre-modern world

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Slugworth posted:

This happens to me a ridiculous amount at work, both co-workers and clients. Wrestling with dogs all day eliminates a lot of personal borders. I can't imagine thinking it was intentional.

Oh, except for the woman who kept stroking my arm while ostensibly helping restrain her dog. Like, lady, there's no way you thought my arm was part of your dog for that long. No part of your dog feels like my arm.

Dog fighting is wrong, even if the fights are scripted

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I've been reading this thread since I went back to work Tuesday and you loving goobers are still talking about Magic the Gathering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
also poo poo dude i want to live in the apt complex where 20somethings are trying to sell me their weed brownies