Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wheat Loaf posted:

What do folks who didn't enjoy this season so much (I honestly didn't see enough of it) think Flash should do for season four to improve?
In no particular order:
  • No more evil speedsters.
  • No more time travel.
  • More of Barry and Iris doing their regular jobs, or at least show that their regular jobs mean something to them.
  • No more killing.
  • Let the good guys have fun and be cheerful.
  • Have the speedsters do more than just fight people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Tiggum posted:

In no particular order:
  • No more evil speedsters.
  • No more time travel.
  • More of Barry and Iris doing their regular jobs, or at least show that their regular jobs mean something to them.
  • No more killing.
  • Let the good guys have fun and be cheerful.
  • Have the speedsters do more than just fight people.

This is a good list although I think the "no more killing" thing was really well done this season. It was jarring and a 180 from season 2 but they definitely addressed it and as far as I can recall there were no (or very few?) murdered metas (whereas in season 2 they just took the path of least resistance and just slaughtered like 80 percent of the villains)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't believe them for one goddamn second that there won't be an evil speedster next year. The current writer of the Flash comic was asked to create a new evil speedster so they could have another one to choose from for later TV use and he debuted Godspeed last year.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I don't believe them for one goddamn second that there won't be an evil speedster next year. The current writer of the Flash comic was asked to create a new evil speedster so they could have another one to choose from for later TV use and he debuted Godspeed last year.

Whytf would they need to create one? There's like 50 of them, and it's not like they even followed Savitar or Zoom's actual backstory.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy A. Person posted:

Whytf would they need to create one? There's like 50 of them, and it's not like they even followed Savitar or Zoom's actual backstory.

They're running out of decent ones. I mean really all they have left is the Rival, Speed Demon and the Russian speed teams. I figure they'll add yet another good guy to the team and bring in Bart/Impulse at some point.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The only evil speedster allowed is Eobard Thawne, accept no substitutes.

Also they already used the Rival early s3.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

They're running out of decent ones. I mean really all they have left is the Rival, Speed Demon and the Russian speed teams. I figure they'll add yet another good guy to the team and bring in Bart/Impulse at some point.

Inertia too, and yeah they used Rival at the beginning of this season.

But like I said they didn't even remotely use Savitar or Zoom's actual origin, just use Speed Demon and change everything about him like they did for those two (hell, they might actually create a better version, that name is wasted on the existing one)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

The only evil speedster allowed is Eobard Thawne, accept no substitutes.

Also they already used the Rival early s3.

Well he was a Jay Garrick thing so like it matters. The Blue/Red Trinity all ended up dead or good guys. There really aren't that many Evil Speedsters left which is probably why they introduced a new one.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rhyno posted:

Quoting myself from earlier:

Klungar posted:

Presumably, after having being mentioned by Abra Kadabra and OtherBarry, DeVoe/Thinker is our Season 4 villain.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
My guess is there's no speedster villain next season because they're going to go for maximum drama and maximum terrible by bringing in Cobalt Blue.

My other hope for next season is that CW sees how successful Ghost Rider was on this season of AoS and copies the idea by having Barry return from the Speedforce as Hot Pursuit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Klungar posted:

Yeah that's what we'll start with but they'll create a new villain.

Like Speed Metal or something terrible. SUPER FAST ROBOTS.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just saw the premiere episode of Season 3 tonight and holy poo poo, Jay Garrick plays Barry's father!? That's just Nucking Futs, man!

Also I can't believe that Cisco was a millionaire in the Flashpoint timeline.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

Just saw the premiere episode of Season 3 tonight and holy poo poo, Jay Garrick plays Barry's father!? That's just Nucking Futs, man!

Also I can't believe that Cisco was a millionaire in the Flashpoint timeline.

The revealed that the real Jay Garrick was Henry Allen's doppelganger at the end of Season 2. But yeah, Jay is pretty much Barry's Speed Dad and the show is a much brighter place every second he's on screen.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He still is a millionaire, do you ever see anybody work on this show?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

They should adapt the Cool Runnings Jamaican bobsled team as a group of evil speedsters who can only GoFast while they're in the bobsled.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Invalid Validation posted:

He still is a millionaire, do you ever see anybody work on this show?

I'm of the assumption that STAR Labs and its assorted holdings, investments, assets, etc all mean Barry is VERY comfortably set for a long drat time if not literally forever. Thawne made it a point to say he left it to him explicitly because he knew even that wouldn't make him happy.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Make SpeedDeathStroke a thing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
bad writing: i ain't gotta explain poo poo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

We already chewed through Rival and Speed McGee Demon as one-offs. Inertia is about the only one left I can think of.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
There's really only one way the next season can go, imo.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
They should really make The Rogues the "big bad" of the next season. But they won't, because they probably can't get Wentworth Miller to commit for a full season and Dominic Purcell is on Legends. Plus Mark Hamill is Mark Hamill. But Weather Wizard could be a thing! Maybe? I don't know. He is The Bringer of Rain.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

They haven't done the one who gave himself superpowers by teaching himself to spin really fast, have they?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Avalerion posted:

They haven't done the one who gave himself superpowers by teaching himself to spin really fast, have they?

They put a different spin on the TV version of The Top.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Avalerion posted:

The Top is lovely Mirror Master's lovely girlfriend.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

8one6 posted:

They put a different spin on the TV version of The Top.

:perfect:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

bentacos posted:

They should really make The Rogues the "big bad" of the next season. But they won't, because they probably can't get Wentworth Miller to commit for a full season and Dominic Purcell is on Legends. Plus Mark Hamill is Mark Hamill. But Weather Wizard could be a thing! Maybe? I don't know. He is The Bringer of Rain.

I didn't realize Weather Wizard was Liam McIntyre until my second watch of the season and I was like :aaa:

But Andy Whitfield was the true Bringer of Rain and Slayer of Theokoles.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Klungar posted:

Oh, you just know that Thinker is going to have a speed force powered brain that gives the writers a chance to make up some bullshit science. He was having a CAT scan when the machine was hit by the speed force storm at the end of last season! His neurons are in a constantly accelerated state, letting him process information at light speed!

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Fuego Fish posted:

Oh, you just know that Thinker is going to have a speed force powered brain that gives the writers a chance to make up some bullshit science. He was having a CAT scan when the machine was hit by the speed force storm at the end of last season! His neurons are in a constantly accelerated state, letting him process information at light speed!

Input! NEED INPUT! - The Thinker/Johnny 5

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

graham cracker posted:

Input! NEED INPUT! - The Thinker/Johnny 5

Supergirl and Flash will bring Brainiac 5 back from the future to have a Brain-Off with him.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That finale was pretty great I thought. Dumb as hell in all the right places. Five Flashes could have been used a little more though.

And then it carried on and Barry had to gently caress off because this show just can't end a season without extra speedforce/timenonsense. I liked the effect of the speedforce going bonkers though.

Also we're gonna need another Wells.

Oh, and it's not like Iris actually killed Savitar, the paradox was gonna eat him anyway.

OH, and why were some of them wearing sunglasses at HR's funeral? I did not get that at all and I'm sure I missed something.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

McDragon posted:

OH, and why were some of them wearing sunglasses at HR's funeral? I did not get that at all and I'm sure I missed something.

To hide their red, crying eyes.

HR was the heart of the team.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Maybe they just care about their eye health? Literally any optometrist will tell you that you should be putting sunglasses on any time you go outside in daylight.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Lord Bude posted:

Maybe they just care about their eye health? Literally any optometrist will tell you that you should be putting sunglasses on any time you go outside in daylight.

Just to be safe I wear mine at night.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Next season we'll learn that emo-future-Barry chose the name Savitar because there were rumors of a speed god named Savitar and he wanted to assume his identity, and now the real Savitar heard of this impostor and rips Barry out of the Speedforce (possibly making him lose his speed temporarily) so he can fight/race him because he can't tell the difference between now Barry and future Barry because Speedforce.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
The most horrifying thing about that is that it sounds like something they wouldn't dismiss out of hand.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If it leads to us getting shirtless, long-haired, bearded bodybuilder Savitar, then I have absolutely zero issues with it.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Scyantific posted:

If it leads to us getting shirtless, long-haired, bearded bodybuilder Savitar, then I have absolutely zero issues with it.

It's Stephen Amell wearing a wig over his wig over his wig.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

bentacos posted:

They dropped the name "DeVoe" a couple times toward the end of the season from the future characters (Savitar and Abra Kadabra.) DeVoe is the name of The Thinker, who is a Flash villain that isn't a speedster. Pretty sure they're going for him as the Season 4 Big Bad.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

lotus circle posted:

They dropped the name "DeVoe" a couple times toward the end of the season from the future characters (Savitar and Abra Kadabra.) DeVoe is the name of The Thinker, who is a Flash villain that isn't a speedster. Pretty sure they're going for him as the Season 4 Big Bad.

But the endgame is still going to be "Flash, you're gonna have to RUN FASTER!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
What if the Thinker is a misdirect and the big bad is Bell Biv DeVoe?

• Locked thread