Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
*Child dies from easily preventable vaccinationable disease acquired from childcare group*

*Frantically tries to get pregnant in order to continue mommy and daddy blog*

*Vows to homeschool next child, no contact with society lest tragedy strike anew*

*Child inevitably kills and eats parents*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

*Despite massive wealth, live in poor neighborhood for "authenticity"*

*Refuse to admit that crime happens in their neighborhood, take unsafe routes home*

*Are accosted by armed mugger while out with only son, attempt to reason with him instead of giving into his demands*

*Die*

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
We're thinking of moving into this tiny house. It's only $60k for 40 sqf and it's right around the corner from this sweet authentic bodega.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Barudak posted:

*Are accosted by armed mugger while out with only son, attempt to reason with him instead of giving into his demands*

*Die*

Alternatively:

*gives mugger whole purse before a threat is made*

*explains to son that the mugger doesn't want to rob them, he has to*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

Alternatively:

*gives mugger whole purse before a threat is made*

*explains to son that the mugger doesn't want to rob them, he has to*

*still die*

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Took Fenix to the craft brewery for this awesome folk set. Had some great local craft brews with choice eats. Smoked sriracha maple bacon with local micro greens on a toasted peasant bread bun. Off to my shantala infant massage class all, namaste :)

*applies stick-on handlebar moustache to the child*

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
*order pancakes made with ricotta, complains when he finds out his breakfast contains cheese; complains on Twitter*

*Tweets that hotel kicks him out when he wanted to switch rooms but none were available*

http://torontolife.com/city/life/the-truth-behind-jaden-smiths-toronto-fuelled-twitter-tantrum-four-seaons-hotel-pancakes/

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
*has nervous breakdown when child is 18 and expects parent to pay for all necessary life expenses because un-school was unaccredited and was in no way a pipeline to a college or trade school*

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

*has nervous breakdown when child is 18 and expects parent to pay for all necessary life expenses because un-school was unaccredited and was in no way a pipeline to a college or trade school*

Time to join the church/army!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

phasmid posted:

Time to join the army!

God I wish the IRL person I was posting about had the backbone.

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

God I wish the IRL person I was posting about had the backbone.

Did they carry him around in a sling?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

CAN U FEEL IT YEAH posted:

Did they carry him around in a sling?

No, the parent converted to millennial parenting when she got a divorce. You know, substituting her child for a functional relationship then marrying a decent but rich dude that she has little interest in.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
:yikes:

jesus h christ this loving thread :staredog:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

spasticColon posted:

:yikes:

jesus h christ this loving world :staredog:

fixed

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.
So what's the primary indictment here? "Put down your dang phone and care for your children!" or "Sheesh millennial parents stop coddling your dang children!" ?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

B. Birdsworth posted:

So what's the primary indictment here? "Put down your dang phone and care for your children!" or "Sheesh millennial parents stop coddling your dang children!" ?

Somehow both

Brainworm
Mar 23, 2007

...one of these--
As he hath spices of them all, not all,
For I dare so far free him--made him fear'd...
Nap Ghost

Outrail posted:

Somehow both

Yeah. It's counterintuitive, but being a less "protective" parent takes a lot more time and effort than being an overprotective one.

That's because allowing kids freedom means you also have to teach them how to exercise good judgment in a wide range of complex situations. That takes a lot more time, and more good communication, than dumping them in a safe space and ordering them around.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Everyone knows millennials are lazy, and parenting is a ton of work, so it comes to no surprise that a millennial parent is going to stuff their little Wholock in a flowerpot for 22 hours a day.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Panfilo posted:

Everyone knows millennials are lazy, and parenting is a ton of work, so it comes to no surprise that a millennial parent is going to stuff their little Wholock in a flowerpot for 22 hours a day.

but talk incessantly about how good of a parent they are.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

We're thinking of moving into this tiny house. It's only $60k for 40 sqf and it's right around the corner from this sweet authentic bodega.

You laugh but this is literally the only option left in the Bay Area for most young parents. :laugh:

B. Birdsworth
Jul 31, 2014

There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.

Space Taxi posted:

What happens to these retard babies if they don't get any professional help? Do they just drag themselves around on their rear end until they graduate college?

Not to rag on "massage therapists" who practice on literal babies but after polling my half-dozen friends who are pediatricians, literally not one of them thinks this is an actual serious problem. Neglect is one thing, but not doing tummy time isn't going to result in "massive developmental delay" unless there are other problems going on.

e:
*Attempts to calm a squalling 4 year old at the office by reasoning with him and explaining the rationale behind vaccines, while the nurse waits stoically for several minutes with the MMR shot.*

B. Birdsworth fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 31, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

but talk incessantly about how good of a parent they are.

It's the inverse effect. Women who like to go on about what a good mom they are tend to be terrible, and women that beat themselves up about being a bad mom are decent to good, because being a good parent requires you be at least self aware of your shortcomings and work to improve.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Panfilo posted:

It's the inverse effect. Women who like to go on about what a good mom they are tend to be terrible, and women that beat themselves up about being a bad mom are decent to good, because being a good parent requires you be at least self aware of your shortcomings and work to improve.

Self-awareness kinda stopped being a thing.

see: facebook

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

B. Birdsworth posted:

Not to rag on "massage therapists" who practice on literal babies but after polling my half-dozen friends who are pediatricians, literally not one of them thinks this is an actual serious problem. Neglect is one thing, but not doing tummy time isn't going to result in "massive developmental delay" unless there are other problems going on.

e:
*Attempts to calm a squalling 4 year old at the office by reasoning with him and explaining the rationale behind vaccines, while the nurse waits stoically for several minutes with the MMR shot.*

Why would you need a massage if you haven't even developed muscles :confused:

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

phasmid posted:

to stimulate muscle growth, durrrr

ive been reading these old Eastern European gymnastics manuals and ALL THOSE kids were training to be champions before they could even walk

Mr Vladislav here seems to think my little Czkylar could have what it takes

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

thisthread.jpg

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I bought this Ergo baby carrier for 275, bringing my babywearing collection up to 8 slings and three carriers at a net worth of $6000

Lol this is my wife. They even have a thing where they caw at eachother in whole foods. We also have a stroller that was more expensive than my first car.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
*child is so scared of the world outside parents arms that if anything challenges child's preconceived notions they literally have a panic attack*

*in an elevator*

*while I am there*

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

Lol this is my wife. They even have a thing where they caw at eachother in whole foods. We also have a stroller that was more expensive than my first car.

I see homeless people carrying their possessions in jogging strollers that are still in decent shape, I simply do not understand why people are willingly buying them for $1,000. I mean hell, just buy one secondhand and lowball them by offering $30 for it used.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

bradzilla posted:

thisthread.jpg

Don't post my pic <:mad:>

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

I bought a ring sling and I canny for the life of me wear it correctly. The skinny hippy woman with one small dread and no deodorant that sold it to me made it look so easy

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

phasmid posted:

To empty wallets of dumb people with too much money, presumably.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I hear that compared to previous generations, Millennials are slightly less likely to march into whatever foreign nation their government says to and wildly fire into a crowded marketplace. How dare they not mercilessly and blindly kill whatever persons the corporate controlled government labels the flavor-of-the-decade supreme enemy. The loving nerve.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ProperCoochie posted:

I hear that compared to previous generations, Millennials are slightly less likely to march into whatever foreign nation their government says to and wildly fire into a crowded marketplace. How dare they not mercilessly and blindly kill whatever persons the corporate controlled government labels the flavor-of-the-decade supreme enemy. The loving nerve.

See, this guy gets it!

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

ProperCoochie posted:

millennialhumor.txt

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ProperCoochie posted:

How does that relate to being a parent idgi

Also due to video-game murder programming millenials have the least empathy of any generation, so even as a non-joke this post doesn't make any sense

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

No, the parent converted to millennial parenting when she got a divorce. You know, substituting her child for a functional relationship then marrying a decent but rich dude that she has little interest in.

I'm pretty sure this is not a millennial original.

Panfilo posted:

I see homeless people carrying their possessions in jogging strollers that are still in decent shape, I simply do not understand why people are willingly buying them for $1,000. I mean hell, just buy one secondhand and lowball them by offering $30 for it used.

I hate when people drop $$$$$ on new baby stuff and then complain (or worse, hint at a loan) a bunch. I got most things used (but in such good shape you couldn't tell), including this amazing Cadillac of a crib that probably cost a couple grand new. And I didn't have to look hard! I'm lazy!

Relevant: some of the crunchier moms I know were telling me about this new thing they've been encountering with new moms: they either refuse to buy a diaper genie/something like it, or hide it from the kid.

Because they think if the kid sees it, they'll get a complex. About having stinky poo poo. So stinky, it needs a separate receptacle.

These crunchy moms are all Gen X or highest-age millennial, they all thought it was ridiculous. Thankfully.

I don't care what nonsense people do as far as hiding it in a closet or whatever, but ugh good luck not having one at all if you live in cramped spaces and your out-of-home trash setup isn't super close. Those things are worth their weight in gold.

I know someone who moved in late 2012, hastily, and could never find their diaper genie after. They moved from an apartment to an actual house so they started just putting diapers in plastic shopping bags, tying them up, and putting them in the trashcans in the garage. They figured it had gotten lost or tossed in the move.

Until late 2016, when one of them went looking for something & realized it had been chucked into a storage room, disguised in a trashbag, by a mover (presumably). Four years. It was full. There was no odor. She tied it off, still no odor. Threw the blue-poop-worm full of tiny diapers in the trash, still no odor. It's magic.

I'm rambling but my point is they'll keep your small house or apartment smelling like the rankest poo poo ever and I've never seen a kid care where their diapers go (aside from curiosity) so Jesus Christ is my point.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Lol@. The diaper genie thing. The crunchy wtf moment I had was learning about "elimination communication".

I totally buy used pretty much everything. Clothes in particular esp right now because he's growing so fast and I'm not dumping a truckload of money on clothes made for children by children

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 2, 2017

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
*Grows up with the internet*

*Finds validation in abnormal thoughts through the hugbox of said internet*

*Becomes a brony*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I like how Millennial parents buy like 1000 sets of unique clothing for their babies.

Even better if it's the latest and great pop culture stuff like marvel super hero onesies.

It's definitely going up on facebook!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galumphing lummox
Aug 30, 2006

*longs for the day his offspring can read so he can share with them the splendors of Ready Player One*

• Locked thread