Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
i had my background check delayed because i couldn't remember what my start/end month for the job i had in high school was

ultimately went through though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

protip: if you ever fill out a us gov clearance form, save a copy of it, because you will never ever remember all the loving minutiae that goes on there

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

protip: if you ever fill out a us gov clearance form, save a copy of it, because you will never ever remember all the loving minutiae that goes on there

proer-tip: never work a job that requires a clearance

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I was shocked by the number of different companies involved in my background check and stuff for my current job, like at least 6 different orgs had all my juicy identity stealing details

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

C.H.O.M.E posted:

what HDL am I going to program in? System C? lol. VHDL? quadruple lol.

chiseahahahaha

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

i hear bloody knows how to do this properly

hell yeah

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

mostly just cause with the phillipines' whole "extrajudicially murder drug users, gays, whoever we don't like really on little evidence" thing i'd be a scoche paranoid that there'd be a presidential death squad dispatched if my background check revealed dat reefer use.

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

cis autodrag posted:

mostly just cause with the phillipines' whole "extrajudicially murder drug users, gays, whoever we don't like really on little evidence" thing i'd be a scoche paranoid that there'd be a presidential death squad dispatched if my background check revealed dat reefer use.

if ur not willin to risk it all, how serious can you be

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Balobam posted:

if ur not willin to risk it all, how serious can you be

it says here you have several years of experience with our platform, you graduated with honors from a top 10 cs program, and everyone on the team loved you. but i have to ask you one question mr balobam... would you die for this company?

Balobam
Apr 28, 2012

thats my secret mr boss, im always willin to die

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Are you willing to take a bullet for this brand?

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

ADINSX posted:

the brand is dupont

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ADINSX posted:

where do you want me to take it sir? there's a recycling center on my drive home.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

cis autodrag posted:

it would be easier to just regulate background checks at all so that they would just send verification and not whatever random details they used to do the verification. after all, it shouldn't be my responsibility to have to call every single place in the world that may have written my name down at any point just because i transitioned. it took over a year just to get the essential stuff like degrees, local utilities, mortgage, etc updated. my water bill still shows up with a typoed version of my deadname because the water utility is incompetent.

if there was some requirement for then all to change their records individually then even more random hr people would know so again Shaggar is right

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

ADINSX posted:

we're looking for team members with passion

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

mishaq posted:

proer-tip: never work a job that requires a clearance

well duh

but if you make the mistake at least take that one benefit with you when you leave :911:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Munkeymon posted:

if there was some requirement for then all to change their records individually then even more random hr people would know so again Shaggar is right

i agree. national ids would literally fix a laundry list of problems that trans people have "getting settled". but national ids might be used by gungrabbers so :shrug:

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

i agree. national ids would literally fix a laundry list of problems that trans people have "getting settled". but national ids might be used by gungrabbers so :shrug:

its a tossup between that and mark of the beast

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

the biggest problem with national ids is that the government is loving retarded, about everything, extremely so

see: never get a clearance job

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ultravoices posted:

my ID number is 42069666

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

cis autodrag posted:

the feds already know who you are and you already have national ids assigned, they just don't benefit you in any way. theres litterrally no downside to a better national id system. aside from the fact that the feds would gently caress it up which they're already doing but maybe something good would come out of it.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

cis autodrag posted:

my ID number is 42069666

nice try but that's too short and it's missing the 80085 prefix

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

aside from the fact that the feds would gently caress it up which they're already doing but maybe something good would come out of it.

couldnt gently caress it up any worse than individual states do

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
probably depends on which state and which id

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

cis autodrag posted:

my ID number is 42069666

*supermarket scanner boops*

you are a pound of tuna

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

speaking of gov clearance forms im on month 7 of waiting for mine to finish :smithicide:

wouldn't be so bad but all i can get is a "we're working on it, trust us"

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Shaman Linavi posted:

speaking of gov clearance forms im on month 7 of waiting for mine to finish :smithicide:

I think opm is prioritizing fresh clearances over renewals so hope your in the right boat

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Shaman Linavi posted:

i'm sure i already said this itt, but i quit my defense job like 18 months in..... without ever having had access to the prod systems for the project i was in charge of -- waiting on approval for literally that long (and who knows how much longer it would have taken)

ed: my clearance didn't take that long, maybe 4 or 5 months

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ultravoices posted:

*supermarket scanner boops*

you are a pound of tuna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfdMsxSjY3o

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ultravoices posted:

you see the separators in a upc are two lines and in one of the areas two lines is a 6 therefore every upc contains the mark of the beast!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

hobbesmaster posted:

you see the separators in a upc are two lines and in one of the areas two lines is a 6 therefore every upc contains the mark of the beast!

as if hobby lobby would hire me anyway

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Federalism is dog dicks. Instead of doing one thing one lovely, stupid way, you get it done fifty stupid, lovely ways.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah the federal government is the worst, especially cms.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

yeah the federal government is the worst, especially cms.

cms is actually cool and good

keeping old and poor people alive is cool and good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
no its not and they're also terrible at it.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Shaman Linavi posted:

same, except green card and barely month 2 of what looks to be 8 on top of several years of other interminable bullshit :smithicide:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

mishaq posted:

cms is actually cool and good

keeping old and poor people alive is cool and good

old people i'm 50/50 on but poor people are cool and good

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

yeah I have like four SF-86 packets in my safe, made global entry easy to research

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Sapozhnik posted:

same, except green card and barely month 2 of what looks to be 8 on top of several years of other interminable bullshit :smithicide:

don't stay here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Bloody posted:

old people i'm 50/50 on but poor people are cool and good

what about poor old people

• Locked thread