Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

TKIY posted:

Everyone really needs to chill out about missing faction specific options. This is Ravening Hordes 2.0, all the special chapter/chaos god related stuff will come in the in-depth battletome.

As someone that didn't play 7th and is probably finally going to take the plunge into 40K did Alpha legion have any notable special rules?
Can't see anything like that skimming the 8th leaks.

Tossing up between Alpha Legion or going something like Imperial Fists/BloodRavens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Pendent posted:

The new rules for a teleport homer on a terminator squad look interesting. Basically you deploy the beacon like a normal unit and then once the terminators are on the table they can all teleport back to it.

Between this, the new deepstrike rules and the new stats for storm bolters I think Tactical Terminators may actually be pretty fun now.

E: The Vindicare looks positively disgusting now :allears:

I was just about to post about this, don't know how I missed it the first time.

The fun thing is it doesnt say you have to use that squads teleport homer so you can employ shenanigans if you're running multiple terminator squads.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I gotta sit down and do some list building this afternoon but I have a feeling it's gonna be much more awkward now to do my Inquisitorial retinue (inquisitor, 3 crusaders, 3 DCA, munitorum priest, psyker) alongside my SM.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Lmao that a Rhino Primaris cannot transport Primaris Space Marines.

Also apparently a single space marine is an elite choice, and he gets a beefy space gun and extra wounds?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Soggy Chips posted:

As someone that didn't play 7th and is probably finally going to take the plunge into 40K did Alpha legion have any notable special rules?
Can't see anything like that skimming the 8th leaks.

Tossing up between Alpha Legion or going something like Imperial Fists/BloodRavens.

Kind of. They got special rules at the end of 7th, which were alright. They currently don't have any special rules, but will get them at some point.

Geoff Zahn posted:

Also apparently a single space marine is an elite choice, and he gets a beefy space gun and extra wounds?

The Rhino Primaris is a Warhammer-world exclusive command tank variant of the Rhino. It's not new and it's not made for Primaris bros

The Imperial Space Marine is that stupid-rear end 30th anniversary model

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Geoff Zahn posted:

That single space marine is the limited edition miniature they put out. I'm surprised it has rules.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

It's that dumb limited edition RT era space marine remake, isn't it?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is it just me, or do Necrons seem like they're going to be absolute monsters on the table?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Zuul the Cat posted:

Is it just me, or do Necrons seem like they're going to be absolute monsters on the table?

Seems that way and I'm coldly stoked.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

They could well be, though I imagine their fairly limited range on weapons and slow movement speed might allow them to get outgunned or outmanoeuvred. Just need to pick your fights well and focus units down.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
At least the Imperial Space Marine rules are less retarded now. Too many smug motherfuckers who'd try to smuggle them into 7E games without mentioning what it did.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So the IG veterans rules are kinda hilarious

You can get so many loving weapons in one now.

For 220 points you can get a veteran squad with 3 flamers, a heavy flamer, a missile launcher, a plasma pistol and power sword on the sergeant, and a chimera.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I hate to be the one to tell you, but you could always do that. You also could get meltabombs on everyone, a demo pack, camo cloaks, and carapace armor.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I hadn't noticed this before but apparently the Primaris Marines can't use any existing transports. That really is putting a crimp on my plan of using them as a troops choice until they get their own big transports released.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I hate to be the one to tell you, but you could always do that. You also could get meltabombs on everyone, a demo pack, camo cloaks, and carapace armor.

Nope

Before you could either get 3 special weapons, or 2 and the heavy flamer. Now you can do both.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Pendent posted:

I hadn't noticed this before but apparently the Primaris Marines can't use any existing transports. That really is putting a crimp on my plan of using them as a troops choice until they get their own big transports released.

Don't worry I'm sure GW has got you covered with the next three five ten releases being Bigmarines instead of whatever actually needs a model update :v:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Soulfucker posted:

Don't worry I'm sure GW has got you covered with the next three five ten releases being Bigmarines instead of whatever actually needs a model update :v:

I'll tell you the secret of GW: Don't give them money

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hahahaha holy poo poo Deffkoptas are hilarious.

14" move, T5, 4 wounds, 4+ save. Armed with an Assault 2 rokkit launcha, and spinnin' blades give D3 hit rolls per attack. So each Deffkopta is assaulting with 2d3 hits. Plus they automatically advance 6", they can fly, and bigbomms get up to 5 attacks to do a mortal wound on a 5+ (1 attack per model in unit, 5 max).

Oh wait, they're 55 points each. And kopta rokkits are 28 points each. But bigbomms are... free? So you're paying either 83 points or 69 points each. That's a bit much.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Woah, woah, woah, woah. Hold up.

Boyz are all S4 now? :wtc: And they're still 6 points each? :wtc:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 31, 2017

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
RIP power armor inquisitors, apparently.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

PantsOptional posted:

RIP power armor inquisitors, apparently.

Yeah, all the various armor upgrade options are gone.

No more artificer armor upgrades for captains, carapace armor for IG, etc.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, Primaris not using transports is either a hamfisted way of keeping them from replacing the rest of a Marine army, or an even more hilariously hamfisted attempt at forcing you to replace the rest of your army. I am getting a kick out of GW's horrible lack of subtlety here.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Community just posted up a reveal of those Japan-exclusive blindbag Marines that were floating around a month or so back:

There's some nice sculpts in there.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

SteelMentor posted:

Community just posted up a reveal of those Japan-exclusive blindbag Marines that were floating around a month or so back:

Those do look nice.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Huh. I'd been buying up used / beat Deathwing terminators to refurbish for 8th, and it looks like I may have overdone it. By lots.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

I'll tell you the secret of GW: Don't give them money

Sounds reasonable to me! Is it okay to give second hand dealers money?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Soulfucker posted:

Sounds reasonable to me! Is it okay to give second hand dealers money?

no

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

The Bee posted:

Yeah, Primaris not using transports is either a hamfisted way of keeping them from replacing the rest of a Marine army, or an even more hilariously hamfisted attempt at forcing you to replace the rest of your army. I am getting a kick out of GW's horrible lack of subtlety here.

It feels more like the latter but its not really a replace the rest of your army situation since theres very little overlap between unit roles for marines and primaris.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

The Bee posted:

I mean I'm completely into the new models and running them as troops fits in well with the (new) fluff for Blood Angels. I even preorded the starter kit so it's a pretty weird move to make the bigmarines almost completely useless for me.

E: Drop pods can't carry Dreadnoughts either. Oh boy, that's going to make some stuff tougher.

Pendent fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 31, 2017

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

SteelMentor posted:

The Ultramarines battle choir. You can't tell but the guys with the helmets on are singing as well.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
I don't think the Google Drive leaks are complete; I don't see any point values listed for Chaos =(

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TheChirurgeon posted:

Man I'm not taking the photos. Save them, open them and rotate them in your photo viewer.

Also, worth noting is the Airborne rule here:

Airborne - This model cannot charge, can only be charged by units that can Fly, and can only attack or be attacked by units in the Fight phase that can Fly.

Looks like it isn't on every flyer so far (not on Heldrake, for example), so I'm guessing it'll only show up on flyers without hover, and means that jump and jet pack infantry can hit flyers, which loving owns :circlefap:

Oh hey it's that one thing I wanted out of a new 40k edition, hello there, time to assault it up

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

JackMack posted:

The Ultramarines battle choir. You can't tell but the guys with the helmets on are singing as well.

I imagine them just screaming at all times.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Zuul the Cat posted:

I imagine them just screaming at all times.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbJR4cmcNPA

Soggy Chips
Sep 26, 2006

Fear is the mind killer

JackMack posted:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Waking up to full leaks is pretty neat, but holy hell how many times did that have to be posted?

Nids are looking might spicy! Large Warrior broods through Trygon tunnels seems amazing, Tyrannocytes are now proper 15 Deathspitter shot insanity. poo poo, it seems like all of the Nid options should be viable. Nidzilla spam seems fun as hell, OOE stomping forward with a ton of Carnis. DAMMIT GW.

Miruvor
Jan 19, 2007
Pillbug
Yeah, Guard still have leman russ squadrons, which is all well and good.. But that's ignoring the bigger issue, the complete loss of Platoons! Which is kind of of a bummer. You don't even need platoon command squads, which along with special weapons and veteran squads are all elite choices, which now really crowds that slot for guard.

Really cutting down on the horde potential

All IG squads lost their ability to take krak grenades/melta bombs too, and no more doctrines on vets really saps a lot of the variation and flavour from the army

*Edit* Master of ordinance grants re-rolls on 1s to all the artillery vehicles, but not mortar squads, feels like a huge waste of potential

Miruvor fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 31, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Wait for the IG codex for doctrines and poo poo.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

https://regimental-standard.com/2017/05/31/great-rift-great-news/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Don't worry, Tzeentch just got a book, so they're fine - they won't get another book for 4 years or so.

• Locked thread