Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Reports of Trump being "too articulate" feel exactly the same as the stories of Kim Kong Il playing his first game of golf and coming in 38 under par. They're bullshit on such a grand level that no sane person could ever believe it, but said completely straight-faced as if we are expected to... And somehow, some people will believe it because their minds have been broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I just read "the dying earth" and boy did D&D just steal everything from "the dying earth", like I knew that but until I read it, drat. Also this is on topic because we are living on the dying earth.

There's a lot of Cugel in Trump, in the "dumbass who thinks he's the best but actually is not and only comes out ahead because of luck" kind of way.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I just read "the dying earth" and boy did D&D just steal everything from "the dying earth", like I knew that but until I read it, drat. Also this is on topic because we are living on the dying earth.

I said in the last thread that the GOP are the wizards from it, laughing their asses off and loving around while the rest of us are killed in the hills by various beasts

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Robot Hobo posted:

Reports of Trump being "too articulate" feel exactly the same as the stories of Kim Kong Il playing his first game of golf and coming in 38 under par. They're bullshit on such a grand level that no sane person could ever believe it, but said completely straight-faced as if we are expected to... And somehow, some people will believe it because their minds have been broken

It's like the way Nigerian scam mails are ridiculously shoddy, to filter out all but the dumbest. Trump admin only seems interested catering to the MAGAs.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

guys what house of Hogwarts do you think republicans would be assigned to?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

RottenK posted:

Chris Cillizza should be guillotined.

I wanna see Jeopardy with Chris Cillizza, Wolf Blitzer, and Tom Friedman.

It'd be a real life episode of SNL Celebrity Jeopardy.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Isn't it ~*good business*~ to cater to a broad audience instead of a small crowd of entrenched assholes? Seems like Mr Business should know that

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

The Dursleys' house. Even Slytherins have their limits.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
So articulate his words causes an overflow buffer into -inf.

Dammit God code your overflow buffers better.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Sloober posted:

who in their right mind thinks this man is articulate

A euphemism for "loudmouth."

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

EnsGDT posted:

I know it was six pages ago but this is a loving good joke

:hfive: I was starting to think I was the only one who saw that movie

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/31/politics/healthcare-ahca-poll/index.html

8% say AHCA should be passed by the senate as-is

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

That one with all the idiots

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

do you think the republicans are horde or alliance and is trump more like a guldan or arthas

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Trumplepuff

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

The House of Leaves; just reading about them makes me feel like I'm having a stroke.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

1% are rich fucks, what are the other 7%? Suicidal, morons and the suicidally moronic?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
I'm confused about the Roger Stone stuff. I thought he was working for Trump during the campaign. Did they have a falling out?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
aww looks like no Baby Spice Time today

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I feel like you guys are really diminishing how much better the evil fucktards of AGOIAF map to the evil fucktards of our current admin than say WoW or Harry Potter or whatever.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In which supergenius Elon Musk realizes that, hey, maybe Trump isn't really listening to him:

https://twitter.com/damianpaletta/status/869972656942182402

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

do you think the republicans are horde or alliance and is trump more like a guldan or arthas

They're the loving goblin cartel, and if you don't know that, I don't wanna do this with you :colbert:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Kekekela posted:

I feel like you guys are really diminishing how much better the evil fucktards of AGOIAF map to the evil fucktards of our current admin than say WoW or Harry Potter or whatever.

Or it's just stupid to compare real life to loving pop fantasy books like a 12 year old child

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RottenK posted:

1% are rich fucks, what are the other 7%? Suicidal, morons and the suicidally moronic?

People who think that the only correct answer to any question involving Trump and republicans in any way is "yes to absolutely anything they say at all no matter what"

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

DaveWoo posted:

In which supergenius Elon Musk realizes that, hey, maybe Trump isn't really listening to him:

https://twitter.com/damianpaletta/status/869972656942182402

At least he saw an opportunity for influence and gave it a shot.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Pander posted:

I wanna see Jeopardy with Chris Cillizza, Wolf Blitzer, and Tom Friedman.

It'd be a real life episode of SNL Celebrity Jeopardy.

What is D&D's hivemind opinion on Tom Friedman? Is his book worth picking up? He throws a ton of shade on twitter and loves calling people stupid it seems.

I'm stupid and mixed up Tom Friedman with Tom Nichols. I am still interested in what D&D thinks of Tom Nichols.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fluffdaddy posted:

Or it's just stupid to compare real life to loving pop fantasy books like a 12 year old child

Remove the log from your colon, yo, it's not good for your posture.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

What is D&D's hivemind opinion on Tom Friedman? Is his book worth picking up? He throws a ton of shade on twitter and loves calling people stupid it seems.

As a cab driver in Cairo, I can tell you that he's the best sourced journalist in the world.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Humor is an important outlet when political power is at a historic low.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Jury's still out, the next six months will be crucial

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

There Bias Two posted:

At least he saw an opportunity for influence and gave it a shot.

yep, I'm not going to be upset with anyone who took the opportunity to try and talk Trump out of doing bad poo poo.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Elotana posted:

Jury's still out, the next six months will be crucial

I was golfing with a friend of mine who's a small business owner and he said "I think the world is changing"

So I started reading Tom Friedman to keep up.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

hanales posted:

I'm confused about the Roger Stone stuff. I thought he was working for Trump during the campaign. Did they have a falling out?

He is extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely cynical and self aware but he plays himself off as a flamboyant loose cannon. I think he just enjoys stirring up poo poo since he didn't take a White House position, and that's surely only because he didn't want one, he and Trump have been really tight for decades.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Remove the log from your colon, yo, it's not good for your posture.

When the police stop shooting my people and the politicians stop suppressing our votes I'll stop taking this poo poo seriously thanks.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Here's another distraction. Picture in your mind how old Sean Spicer is. Just guess. Now look at the spoiler:

he's 45. i thought he was like my dad's age. he looks like he drank from the wrong grail

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

30% favorable with 10% very favorable. 55% unfavorable with 40% very unfavorable. Only 67% of Republicans rate as favorable.

If this passes, it's going to be one of the biggest self owns in politics since Preseident Harrison.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

RottenK posted:

Years of reading political stuff has convinced me that about 10% of people will agree to any drat fool thing in a survey.

So 8% is stunningly low.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Sloober posted:

who in their right mind thinks this man is articulate

Isn't articulate what racists say about minorities when they're surprised that they're not animals?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

hanales posted:

Trump "fired" Roger Stone but it was a sham and they're still tight. Stone's job is basically outreach to the crazies because Trump can't appear on Infowars every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

RottenK posted:

Chris Cillizza should be guillotined.
It always strange seeing Cillizza's name on SA since I originally knew him as a frequent guest on the Tony Kornheiser Show rather than a political hack.

• Locked thread